EM Trainer Update Thread

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: EM Trainer Update Thread

Post by tckt78 »

Definitely working better now. I think the metronome sound is not very conducive to higher speeds tho. It feels cut short (drop in volume) when you have a lot of strokes, such as getting into the 180+ situation. The sound is good at lower speeds, but I think if we were to look at the waveform, the peak amplitude hits late. A sound (like a drum click) tends to have its amplitude in the beginning then fades down. This would allow for a more consistent beat w/o the volume dropping, potentially allowing to interact with the slide.

There's also some lag in loading images, usually gif's. Not sure if having the option to turn off gif's would be helpful, or some other preload feature.
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by ybp1000 »

Another update was posted today. Aside from cosmetic changes, a workaround was put in-place to deal with failed Tumblr API calls. It appears to happen when a picture that was removed is hit by the Tumblr image puller. I've added code to deal with the failure in a less than graceful way, but it'll keep it working for now.

Note in regards to reports of clicking with the Metronome in Firefox, it appears to be a known issue that isn't scheduled for fixing by Mozilla. I'll continue watching for a workaround or a fix.
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

Latest update: the first part of the edging feature is enabled. Enable the edge checkbox and specify timeouts then it will allow you a break before continuing.

More to come around that feature...possible punishments on edge, decaying break times and the like.

Cheers!
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

It is time for another update. This time I'm working on UI and flexibility changes in prep for logging of progress, reporting to dominants and more flexibility in instructions and display.
  • Implement client storage management. Parts of the app that leverage it can now save to Cookies if Local Storage isn't supported.
  • Implement a settings tab built around client storage management.
  • Implement a button floater. The Like and Edge buttons can now appear on the bottom, left or right of the game screen. The setting stays with the browser. Tablet users can now but the action buttons on the left or right for easier mashing during a game.
  • Made tabs look prettier.
  • Improved the readability of sections that appear when checkboxes are hit.
http://em-trainer.neocities.org

Enjoy!
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

It has been a while since I posted any new features. A lot of the underlying code went through a great deal of re-write to simplify and make things a bit more bulletproof. It is still nowhere near perfect but it is better.

The big feature I wanted to bring to your attention is the support of multiple Tumblr blogs. As per usual, original links work. There may be some oddness in history display but I'll get to that.

Enjoy everyone!

Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kristycookie »

I think I would enjoy this a lot more if there was a way to hide the timer, it obstructs the picture too much for my taste.
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

Kristycookie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:23 pm I think I would enjoy this a lot more if there was a way to hide the timer, it obstructs the picture too much for my taste.
That is a good idea. I will need to make some minor changes to make the images timed, but not show a timer (or show different kinds of timers). That said, what you noted teases out something else I could do: allow the adjusting of the opacity of the timer.

I've added a Settings tab control that lets people change the transparency of the timer--from invisible to solid. Visit the site directly to change settings.
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

In addition to the custom opacity timer setting, I've fixed a bug related to filling the image queue. If you're playing long enough to exhaust the original download of images with enforced strokes, the timers might get confused. This is now fixed.

Cheers!
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

Falling asleep, but I thought I would add pre-loading of images. If there are tons of gifs, the first image or two may be a little slow to load because the game doesn't wait for the preloads to finish before starting, but overall the behavior should be much faster. A future update will remove images from the queue if they error out.

ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

ybp1000 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:27 am Falling asleep, but I thought I would add pre-loading of images. If there are tons of gifs, the first image or two may be a little slow to load because the game doesn't wait for the preloads to finish before starting, but overall the behavior should be much faster. A future update will remove images from the queue if they error out.

The pre-fetching of images isn't working the way I'd like. I'm going to change it to be less aggressive and kinder to source servers. More to come...
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Bandit224 »

Marno wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:35 pm How would you find a suitable Tumblr blog?
If you are into jerking off to pictures of pussy, you can always use fluffy-kittens.tumblr.com (sorry bad joke :lol: )

Create a tumblr account and deactivate the censorship setting, so that you can find tumblr blogs that contain nudity.
Then type topics that interest you into the search bar and look at the available tumblr blogs ("hot babes", "blowjobs", "bondage", "strapon", etc) Eventually, you will find blogs that have the consistent quality and pictures/gifs that you want.

My recommendations:
super-babes-nude-only.tumblr.com
Austrian-chastity-guy.tumblr.com
hotandnaked.tumblr.com
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

ybp1000 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:27 am Falling asleep, but I thought I would add pre-loading of images. If there are tons of gifs, the first image or two may be a little slow to load because the game doesn't wait for the preloads to finish before starting, but overall the behavior should be much faster. A future update will remove images from the queue if they error out.

It occurred to me that I never posted the last update info.
  • Image pre-loading is now much kinder to browsers and internet connections
  • The link share option is now a text field with a nice copy button and a FB share button
  • Some text edits to be both more consistent and readable
Features currently in the works:
  • Two caption spaces--stroke/break and general teasing
  • Turn off stroke instructions
  • Load captions and game instructions from external file hosted on the web
  • Twitter sharing
  • Preset saving so things don't have to be re-entered every time
  • Export game configuration as JSON
udo100
Explorer
Explorer

Post by udo100 »

hi all
i like the EM Trainer too, but i have the same problem like Marno to find playable Tumblr Sites. :-(
It will be a good thing if we can choose picture of other Sites like XHamster etc.
Maybe a new feature.
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

Marno wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:14 pm
ybp1000 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:20 am… features to date…
I have a feature request.

I like quite a bit of variation, so I might specify minimum 30 strokes per image, maximum 300.

And then minimum stroke rate 20, maximum 300.

But that means that the time for one image can run from as little as 6 seconds to as much as 15 minutes.

That range is too large.
I think that is a good idea, and something I've been toying with in my head is divorcing the images from the strokes...but that is touchy because that crosses the line into regular slideshow with captions. There is already a tool for that -- Gooninator 2 (https://gooninator2.neocities.org).

So I've had two possibilities in my head: 1.) one stroke event = collage of images with effects or 2.) turn one image into an effects show with captions and other things on-top of it to keep things interesting. My owner is interested in #2 based on conversations with her. #1 is also an interesting alternative but is more in the direction of hypnosis, which if we're talking about lining up with biorhythms, beats and visual imagery, we start getting into coding challenges I'm not ready for yet.

So my short answer is that I like what you're proposing, I just need to find the right balance for it. Also, I'm in the middle of writing a big new feature that involves letting people provide their own text for all areas of the playable part of the site. Customize instructions, captions, etc. But it is hard because I have to make the file both really dirt easy to edit and versatile enough to merge into text in the site...and allow for multiple script sources. ... one script takes care of instructions, one takes care of captions, one shows suggestions and subliminals, etc. I lament that it is a big lift for me because have virtually no free time right now to throw at it. But, sooner or later, that will appear!
ybp1000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ybp1000 »

I realized that I was overthinking what I was doing so I finished the new set of features. I also moved the site to new hosting (but old links will continue to work.)

And now..the updates.
  • Move from neocities to a host that allows more advanced work in the backend and also ensures HTTPS for your safety. Existing game links to Neocities will forward to the new host at em-trainer.win.
  • Stroke and ending captions now have multiple variants! No more is the same text shown all the time.
  • Instructions now change based on the options selected.
  • Stroke captions can now be disabled for timer/metronome-only use.
  • Like and Edge buttons now disable themselves to prevent triggering of multiple timers which do awful terrible things to games.
  • Timer pie now tries to size itself so it fits better on phones and doesn't obstruct buttons.
  • Starting a game now auto-scrolls which should make the game a little cleaner for mobile users.
  • FIXED: Timer didn't hide on Chrome on Android. I've beat it into submission.
  • Groundwork laid to add captions for each image, and allow game creators to customize lots of text at their delight.
  • Removed sponsorship button. No one wanted to support the work.
  • All libraries updated to latest stable versions.