Fap Instructor

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Fap Instructor

Post by tckt78 »

OK, the speed seems to be changing again, but for some reason I'm stuck at the 0.25s more instead of hoping it will hit that slow for a break before I get to a Mercy. Also, I just got to 1000 strokes with only one edge card. The timing was all over the place too, jumping from 4 to 0.3 in a very random fashion. Might be a factor of the 0.25s issue. I was playing Ron Jeremy btw.

Also, is there an ideal slide show timing for the acceleration card to work? I was running 6s, and only ran thru the card one time before it reverted to normal timing
Last edited by tckt78 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silentfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Post by silentfrost »

silentfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Post by silentfrost »

tckt78 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 pm OK, the speed seems to be changing again, but for some reason I'm stuck at the 0.25s more instead of hoping it will hit that slow for a break before I get to a Mercy. Also, I just got to 1000 strokes with only one edge card. The timing was all over the place too, jumping from 4 to 0.3 in a very random fashion. Might be a factor of the 0.25s issue. I was playing Ron Jeremy btw.

Also, is there an ideal slide show timing for the acceleration card to work? I was running 6s, and only ran thru the card one time before it reverted to normal timing
Thanks tckt again for the feedback. How long was your game? There are a couple variables I introduced recently.
  • The chance of decreasing the speed is 40% and steadily grows as the probability of winning increases.
  • The probability of edging increases as the probability of winning increases.
  • The jump between each slide grows as the probability increases.
I think adding a decrease cap to 1 stroke per second unless triggered by a card or edge would take care of your concern.
Maybe for number 3 I should introduce a variance cap. This will limit the stroke speed from getting TOO out of hand.
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by tckt78 »

silentfrost wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:20 am
tckt78 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 pm OK, the speed seems to be changing again, but for some reason I'm stuck at the 0.25s more instead of hoping it will hit that slow for a break before I get to a Mercy. Also, I just got to 1000 strokes with only one edge card. The timing was all over the place too, jumping from 4 to 0.3 in a very random fashion. Might be a factor of the 0.25s issue. I was playing Ron Jeremy btw.

Thanks tckt again for the feedback. How long was your game? There are a couple variables I introduced recently.
  • The chance of decreasing the speed is 40% and steadily grows as the probability of winning increases.
  • The probability of edging increases as the probability of winning increases.
  • The jump between each slide grows as the probability increases.
I think adding a decrease cap to 1 stroke per second unless triggered by a card or edge would take care of your concern.
Maybe for number 3 I should introduce a variance cap. This will limit the stroke speed from getting TOO out of hand.
That all could be good. I probably went 20 minutes on that round when I posted. I'm not a fan of the edging more when probability to win is higher. In fact, I find it more frustrating when I get edges earlier and not be close to the end of the game. Of course, the edges at the end are also very good, especially if you run the risk of denied or ruined. Personally, the way it played Saturday & Sunday were personal favorites, and I was near sweating at the end of the tease trying not to ruin. Perhaps the timing code from the weekend & the timing code now can be another pull down variable?

Also, it appears the images aren't loading, and all I see is 'alttext' at the top.
untankable
Explorer
Explorer

Post by untankable »

Comes up black with a text with "alt text" for me only :/
silentfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Post by silentfrost »

Sorry about the black screen guys. The tumblr api request limit got triggered. I created a new key and slightly modified the requests hopefully helping out.
rootsdub2
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: None of the above

Post by rootsdub2 »

anyway to dump the code to have a standalone app/exe? Itd be cool to play a slideshow of pics and then have the metronome going. I might dev something like this.
silentfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Post by silentfrost »

Give it another shot, I rewrote the api layer and should resolve the increase in user traffic. Thanks for your patience!
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

half the time the page just stops at "loading audio..." and never loads. surely after the first time the audio has been cached and should not need to be loaded again?
knarf
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by knarf »

Looks great!

Just a suggestion. Your css has

Code: Select all

img {
    width: 100%;
    height: auto;
    max-width: 100vw;
    max-height: 100vh;
}
If you change it to

img {
    width: auto;
}
images will be as large as possible but keep their aspect ratio. (WIth the current setting, images in "portrait" mode are very distorted.)
dukiesnud
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dukiesnud »

Very nice. I went through a couple times today. First, I was denied - second, I made it through.
I like the smooth tempo changes, sound, and the cards that came up at random times.

I assume the cei, and other two options are not active, because I couldn't get those to work.
Can't wait to see how those integrate.

I wonder if it's possible to show the top tumblr sites used by people on the setup screen, so we can just pick one.
Maybe it could show a random one that's not necessarily in the top too.

Nice work!
silentfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Post by silentfrost »

lestrian wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 am half the time the page just stops at "loading audio..." and never loads. surely after the first time the audio has been cached and should not need to be loaded again?
Sorry that it's taking a long time for the audio to load. The audio is a single tick sound which is embedded within the page. The loading time you see is when I load that tick into memory for each stroking speed variation. I'll continue to work on making this a little faster.

I recommend using Chrome temporarily. It seems like low powered mobile devices and IE take much longer.
silentfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Post by silentfrost »

dukiesnud wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:37 pm Very nice. I went through a couple times today. First, I was denied - second, I made it through.
I like the smooth tempo changes, sound, and the cards that came up at random times.

I assume the cei, and other two options are not active, because I couldn't get those to work.
Can't wait to see how those integrate.

I wonder if it's possible to show the top tumblr sites used by people on the setup screen, so we can just pick one.
Maybe it could show a random one that's not necessarily in the top too.

Nice work!
Thanks for the feedback!

The CEI and other tasks are not yet available. I will be implementing those early September once my free time ramps back up again.

Currently there is no backend to the site so storing user preferences would be a challenge. This is something I will keep in mind as a future enhancement. I'll probably eventually add shareable configurations in a link format stored in a repository that can be voted on.
silentfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Post by silentfrost »

knarf wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm Looks great!

Just a suggestion. Your css has

img {
    width: 100%;
}
If you change it to

img {
    width: auto;
}
images will be as large as possible but keep their aspect ratio. (WIth the current setting, images in "portrait" mode are very distorted.)
Appreciate the feedback. I just saw your post now but I did something similar. I also added some blurring to fill the space that occurs when using correct aspect ratios.
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

silentfrost wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 pm
lestrian wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 am half the time the page just stops at "loading audio..." and never loads. surely after the first time the audio has been cached and should not need to be loaded again?
Sorry that it's taking a long time for the audio to load. The audio is a single tick sound which is embedded within the page. The loading time you see is when I load that tick into memory for each stroking speed variation. I'll continue to work on making this a little faster.

I recommend using Chrome temporarily. It seems like low powered mobile devices and IE take much longer.
i'm using chrome. i tried to play this yesterday but i never got past the loading screen, even when leaving the tab up for several minutes. i tried reloading and opening it in new tabs and tried different browsers but to no avail.

speaking of that, could you save the preferences as a cookie somehow so that i don't need to reenter them every time? when reloading the page to try to get the audio to load it gets annoying to input the preferences each time