Pilgrim Quest [MODS & TUTORIALS]

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Pilgrim Quest [MODS & TUTORIALS]

Post by Ambossli »

climactic1 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 am Wow, I cannot believe how much time I have now wasted trying to get this to work. It's a shame because I want it to work so bad but it just isn't.

On my latest try I followed all of the steps laid out by Ambossli earlier on this page, and now it's even worse. Error screen right after character creation.

Please check your zips and your instructions and confirm that they are working?
There are working in. 'In the moment i upload a clean pilgrim Quest with all mods. (missing is only the Pilgrim Quest Media Addon from d3vi0n)
But it will take a while to upload 3 gigabyte. I will post it later or tomorrow.

But please check your guidme version this error sounds like a wrong one. Should have nothing to do with the mods, because at that point there are not relevant.

I use guidme 3.1 but 3.4 should also work all others I wouldn't be sure
It's possible that 3.5 works but this is a beta
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

Well I asked for a more detailed step by step instruction and haven't been able to get that, so I guess the verdict is for me not to try modding PQ. Again, very unfortunate because I'd like to.

Support here amounts to, "well it works for me so too bad."
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

climactic1 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:53 pm Well I asked for a more detailed step by step instruction and haven't been able to get that, so I guess the verdict is for me not to try modding PQ. Again, very unfortunate because I'd like to.

Support here amounts to, "well it works for me so too bad."
I have to say I really don't like that tone! You got fast replays and help it's not that easy to get multiple mods working together.

I did the work to download all that is online and upload a full modded version. But I only upload with 6mbit and had to leave.

I tried to give as detailed instruction as possible but your respond is really not grateful/polite !!!

To write a mod yourself you don't need other mods just look in the tutorials and xml files, if you know how to program it is clear if not it will be hard.
If you just want to customize Pilgrim quest read the instruction at the beginning of the thread they are very clear and in the xmls is a commentary.

But here is the link to the full modded version
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by bobhill »

I agree with Ambossli - we've both replied to your specific issues with solutions and Ambossli even put together a new compilation zip in response to your request. The detailed 'how-to' instructions were in Ambossli's post only a couple prior to your initial post. Further detailed 'how-to' instructions are in the main PQ thread. I'm not sure what more you want. :whistle:

Unfortunately, from your subsequent replies, it's clear that you haven't thoroughly read the required documentation threads: PilgrimQuest main thread and PQ Mod threads, much less the GuideMe main thread and GuideMe Scripting Engine thread. :yes:

If you want to develop, please do! More content is welcome, however everyone who contributes has to spend time learning each component (PQ, Scripting Engine, etc). I learned a lot by looking at the original Mazes thread and scripts by desertfox,the Scripting Engine thread and tutorials by PlayfulGuy, by reading D3vi0n's code, and analyzing Ambossili's work integrating the maze scripts into PQ. There isn't a quick one-stop pdf that tells you how to put it all together.

Everyone is just here to have fun and some of us have fun spending time adding (marginally in my case) to the collective work. :wave:
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

I'm sorry if you're misreading my "tone," but it was meant to be constructive. You have a community here but in the case of the software threads there tends to be an assumption of proficiency that is not always productive, and that assumption could tend to discourage someone who wants to contribute but doesn't have the same skills you may have. I am a novice, but a quick learner and I am able to figure out exactly what I need to proceed before coming to the forums to ask for help.

What I requested was a more detailed step by step instruction on exactly what to extract where, or what files need to be copied where once all downloads have been done.

I should also mention, since it's come up, that I certainly have thoroughly read everything, dozens of times actually, since this is not an IM based forum and I've had plenty of time to review in between responses. There may be parts that I don't fully understand, and that is why I am here asking for help, but to just dismiss it as being "clear" that I haven't read it is the exact thing I was referencing in my last post.

As for the encounter mods themselves, I was able to get Ambossli's working with very little trouble, but have thus far been unable to get bobhill's working no matter what I do, even following the exact same process I used to install and run Ambbossli's. It's quite possible there are files missing. Check the contents of bobhill's zips? There are no javascript files in the encounters folder, just xml, whereas Ambossli's contain both javascript and xml and worked fine.

And finally, I of course realize that none of this is required in order for me to create my own mods (I've read that part dozens of times, too), but I am trying to get this to work BEFORE I try to create anything myself, so I can familiarize myself with the file and folder format, which I feel is a sensible approach.

So again, if you could possibly review what is in bobhill's zip files specifically, and then let me know if there are files missing that I need? If there are no files missing, then please give me a more detailed instruction on exactly what needs to go where once the files have been extracted from the zip. Thank you.
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

UPDATE: I downloaded and ran the "full modded version" that Ambossli provided a few posts up (much appreciated).

A quick browse of the folders showed the same configuration that I had after extracting the various zips individually. I did not compare the contents of any scripts from this version to what I had.

I ran the new script and it was able to open encounters that were previously not opening, but I ran into a problem when running GM_Scripts 7 ("higher succubus"). The encounter loaded up and ran fine, but at the end, when on a page labeled "ShowScriptPage/49.jpg" with one button labeled "Leave," when clicking that button I was taken to a page labeled "ShowScriptPage/" and the program froze there. I waited for a long enough period of time to conclude it was not going to load correctly before I had to restart.

I'm sure there's a solution as simple as editing a line in the script to correct where the button on the previous page directs to; I am just reporting the error. Initially I ran GM3.1, but I was able to find the same encounter running GM3.4,and the same thing happened.

I also found and opened encounters GM_Scripts 1,and GM_Scripts 3 (although that one was found through a Ruin, and both ran fine and directed me back to the main program at the end of the encounter.

I did not have time to test further.
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

climactic1 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:43 am
I ran the new script and it was able to open encounters that were previously not opening, but I ran into a problem when running GM_Scripts 7 ("higher succubus"). The encounter loaded up and ran fine, but at the end, when on a page labeled "ShowScriptPage/49.jpg" with one button labeled "Leave," when clicking that button I was taken to a page labeled "ShowScriptPage/" and the program froze there. I waited for a long enough period of time to conclude it was not going to load correctly before I had to restart.

I'm sure there's a solution as simple as editing a line in the script to correct where the button on the previous page directs to; I am just reporting the error. Initially I ran GM3.1, but I was able to find the same encounter running GM3.4,and the same thing happened.

I also found and opened encounters GM_Scripts 1,and GM_Scripts 3 (although that one was found through a Ruin, and both ran fine and directed me back to the main program at the end of the encounter.

I did not have time to test further.
That should be a problem with the script engine. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes there is an error. I never got to the bottom of it. That's the rerseon I began to rewrite all encounters from the dungeon but it takes time.
Script engine and pilgremquest/guidme 3.1/3.4 don't work so well.

I wouldn't recommend to write encounters for pilgrim quest with the script engine. And I personally find it easy to write and read the javascript and xml's.
As an editor I can recommend notepad++
The next possible thing is that it is very easy to use teasme teases as encounters or writing a flashtease and donwload it with teasme.

So if you never had anything to do with a programming language the .js files can be hard to understand. But guideme can handle teaseme xml's and these are easy to read and write.

Here a small example
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

<Page id="anna_Ajstroking03">
      <Text>
        <p class="title">Good. Now stroke!</p>
      </Text>
      <Image id="Images/im_Anna_Aj/one/Anna(11).jpg" />
      <Delay target="anna_Ajstroking04" seconds="13" style="hidden" />
    </Page>
    <Page id="anna_Ajstroking04">
      <Text>
        <p class="title">Is that all you can do?</p>
        <p class="title">
        </p>
        <p class="title">Faster!</p>
      </Text>
      <Image id="Images/im_Anna_Aj/one/Anna(14).jpg" />
      <Metronome bpm="120" />
      <Delay target="anna_Ajstroking05" seconds="(10..13)" style="hidden" />
    </Page>
    <Page id="anna_Ajstroking05">
      <Text>
        <p class="title">Hmm..</p>
        <p class="title">I think this will do it.</p>
      </Text>
      <Image id="Images/im_Anna_Aj/one/Anna(16).jpg" />
      <Button target="anna_Ajstroking06">next</Button>
    </Page>
    <Page id="anna_Ajstroking06">
      <Text>
        <p class="title">Now edge!</p>
        <p class="title">
        </p>
        <p class="title">I want you to start our session with swollen balls.</p>
      </Text>
      <Image id="Images/im_Anna_Aj/one/Anna(20).jpg" />
      <Audio id="audio/Beats/edge02.mp3" />
      <Button target="teasetestend">Edged</Button>
    </Page>
So you can write your complete encounter like above and the last page should look something like this, that brings you back to the main tease and may give you a reward
Spoiler: show

<Page id="teasetestend"> 							
      <Text>
		<span>vEncounterTitle</span>
		<p class="story">Energy gained</p>
		<span>vthistimereward</span>
		<p class="explore"></p>
		<p class="story"></p>
	 </Text>      
	  <Image id="_error.jpg" />	  
	  <javascript>
	<![CDATA[
		function pageLoad() {
			var vthistimereward = fRandomNumber(10,100); 
			fEarnEnergy(vthistimereward);
			overRide.image = "stop.jpg";
			overRide.addButton("Explore", "EXIT", "", "", "", "");
			overRide.addButton("GameOverCum", "Cumming [GAME OVER]", "", "", "", "", "");
		}
		]]>
	  </javascript>
    </Page>
This should be the easiest way to write encounters for pilgrim quest
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

That is basically the conclusion that I've come to. I have written several .xml scripts longhand for use with TeaseMe in the past that have all worked fine. My interest in PQ is because I've always wanted my scripts to run more like a game, but I've been unable to achieve that without having to write some fairly complicated code.

GM and PQ already have that game-like framework in place, so I've been trying to determine, before putting any time or effort into creating content, what the best method would be. I was intending to use the scripting engine, but it's now clear to me that would not be the best approach, and I will take your advice and just use the longhand .xml scripting that I am used to if I want to create encounters.

Thanks again for your help.
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

you can use javascript for more complicated things like i did in my encounters and more

if you give me an idea what you want to do maybe I can help you or give you a hint or write you that specific thing but for that it would be better to write a pm so the thread wouldn't be spammed
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

I've been away and glad things are moving along.
climactic1 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:43 am I ran the new script and it was able to open encounters that were previously not opening, but I ran into a problem when running GM_Scripts 7 ("higher succubus"). The encounter loaded up and ran fine, but at the end, when on a page labeled "ShowScriptPage/49.jpg" with one button labeled "Leave," when clicking that button I was taken to a page labeled "ShowScriptPage/" and the program froze there. I waited for a long enough period of time to conclude it was not going to load correctly before I had to restart.

It's not an 'error' with the scripts themselves, they work fine for the GM version/Script Engine version when they were created - and, for me, I find they work with GM 3.1 and Script Engine 1.5. YMMV...

I will note that it is important to leave PQ by saving at an Inn, this is mentioned in the intro post, I believe. I did get an error when some GM scripts triggered if I forgot to save at a village. Doing a "Restart" in GM cleared it.

Also, note when the program freezes like that you can press option-O to pull up a debug screen (you may need to have debug checked in the program options) and one tab will provide information on the error.

None of that may be helpful, but thought I would mention it..
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

One other basic question before I attempt to write up a simple test encounter. Forgive me if it seems obvious but I'm just trying to cover all the bases.

If I want to test an encounter that I've added to PQ, I'd want to force the program to open that encounter as quickly as possible. Am I correct that can be accomplished simply by temporarily increasing the weight of the new encounter and setting the weight for all other encounters to zero?
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

Yes if you set all other to zero they don't show up at all. The easiest way then should be the scroll of summoning or the debuger
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

Yes, that's correct. Also, you can increase the chance of an encounter in the "config.js" file in the scripts folder:

/** 
		LOOT TABLE FOR POSSIBLE EXPLORATION FINDINGS
	**/
	var vExploreTable = [
		{	
			// don't change the Title or add/remove entries in this loot table!
			Title:			"Quest",
			// customize weight: higher weight = more likely to get picked; zero weight = will never get picked
			Weight:			7,
		},
		{
			Title:			"Encounter",
			Weight:			4,
		},
		{
			Title:			"Village",
			Weight:			5,
		},
		{
			Title:			"RitualChamber",
			Weight:			1,
		},
	]
	scriptVars.put("vExploreTable", vExploreTable);
Edit: haha, Ambossli already answered!
Guita
Explorer
Explorer

Additional Encounter pack.

Post by Guita »

Hi all,

I've played through desertfox' "Random Mazes" and bobhill's encounter pack for pilgrim quest and enjoyed them both immensely. So much so I decided to import a lot of desertfox' encounter succubi into PQ.

They are mostly unchanged from their original style, save for some tweaks here and there so the dialogue suits PQ. Foxy was changed so her encounter only follows the paths that are actually written, with a couple of subtle tweaks. I also added a "Phase 3" to the Jenya / Michelle room, only for the really eager players if they keep prodding Jenya :P

Bobhill's encounters are included in this pack as well, to make for straightforward installation. These are unchanged, save for some <myName> additions, energy reward changed to "per edge" and a bugfix so Jackie's visions actually work properly. If the user already has bobhill's enounters installed, there is a smaller .zip provided that skips the images in those encounters.

Massive thanks to bobhill and desertfox, their style is exactly what I'm after, with some great scriptwriting to go with it. Credit to playfulguy as well, without the scripting engine I wouldn't have bothered to tinker; having to type XML tags for what is otherwise simple data makes me want to gouge my eyes out after a while... :\'-(

Installation is relatively straightforward:
- Install GuideMe 0.3.6 or update your existing install to 0.3.6:
https://milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 95#p247805
- Install PQ 0.6 if you haven't already:
https://milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20055
- If you already have bobhill's encounters installed, download the 'lite' version of this pack here:
https://mega.nz/#!iupWCYYI!j43a3iowykjA ... 31OJor18Dw
Drag everything into your teases / guides folder, overwriting everything that it prompts you to.
- Otherwise, download this version:
https://mega.nz/#!ai5hEYYB!0yaxfHudRL07 ... 7nzW4YvapY
Installation is the same as for the "lite" version.

This pack will automatically replace the files needed to update PQ to GM 0.3.6. It should also replace the main PQ.XML and encounters.js to enable both sets of teases "out of the box".

Hopefully you enjoy! Lemme know if there are any issues.
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

Guita - thanks for doing this, I recently downloaded and enjoyed having it all together. Just a couple notes: for me, I wanted the Jackie encounter to be very infrequent, so the code was correct. Here's what I had in jackie.scr:

if (JK_gonewild = 20 OR jackie_visits = 25) goto jackiegoeswild

You (and others) may want it more frequently, which your change allows.

Conversely, I wanted the Jackie (slideshow) encounter to occur most often, since it does have the element of variety. So I overweighted it in encounter.js. I set the weight to 7, but I may increase it as there are now 25 GM+MZ encounters.