Pilgrim Quest [MODS & TUTORIALS]

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

mrdoko
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Pilgrim Quest [MODS & TUTORIALS]

Post by mrdoko »

Hey all, im new to this forum just for this tease, and also to be able to join discussions in the future.

i like the idea of this tease alot and would love to fully be able to play it, but somehow i tried with and without mod packs, disabling miss tutorial, but none of the encounters work for me sadly :( are the mod packs just copy and replace into the folder type of packs? or do i have to do additional steps to make them work? everytime i try and quickly skip through to see if encounters work, they dont :(

would love to be able to fully play it since i love these kind of teases which are medival or fantasy based =)
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

if you try to use all bobhill's addons and mine then there are additional steps

First make sure you have the pilgrim v0.6 and the right guideme version!!!

If you want to use all my addons download and extract them in this order

Download 1
then this
PilgrimQuest-v0.6 xmlambossli.zip
(32.18 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
If you just want the encounters stop here if you want the dungeon addon go on
Download 2
Download 3
download 4

If you also want to use bobhill's addon donwload it first then find in zip the folder PilgrimQuest in there are the files you need in your PilgrimQuest folder.
then start with download 1 - 4 and this as the last one
PilgrimQuest-v0.6 xmlambossli+bobhill.zip
(32.65 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
hope this helps
mrdoko
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mrdoko »

Awsome ! and thx for the quick reply, will test it right away!
mrdoko
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mrdoko »

mrdoko wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:33 pm Awsome ! and thx for the quick reply, will test it right away!
awsome ! thank you so much, tried it without the dungeon now, and i got a video nymph named charlie as i used the summon out of my inventory ! i will try the dungeon addon later because im running out of time right now, but thank you so much =) allthough i had a little heart attack as miss tutorial appeared again haha, set her to 0 and now it works fine =) tysm !
mrdoko
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mrdoko »

Ambossli wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 pm if you try to use all bobhill's addons and mine then there are additional steps

First make sure you have the pilgrim v0.6 and the right guideme version!!!

If you want to use all my addons download and extract them in this order

Download 1
then this PilgrimQuest-v0.6 xmlambossli.zip
If you just want the encounters stop here if you want the dungeon addon go on
Download 2
Download 3
download 4

If you also want to use bobhill's addon donwload it first then find in zip the folder PilgrimQuest in there are the files you need in your PilgrimQuest folder.
then start with download 1 - 4 and this as the last onePilgrimQuest-v0.6 xmlambossli+bobhill.zip

hope this helps
Thanks alot man, this really helped =) im now running all addons combined, and tested it 6 times in a row with the summon, so far no problems at all ! Thanks alot, that really helped =)
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

I am trying to install bobhill's encounter packs but am running into a problem.

I've copied the entire "GM_Scripts" folder from bobhill's encounter folder into the Pilgrim Quest encounter folder, so it now appears alongside the original "Core" and "Tutorial" folders there. And I've replaced the original /scripts/encounter.js file with the new one.

In game, during exploration, the new encounter cards appear (for the sake of this example I'm showing "Priestess of Cum" card with the text, "She looks so innocent..."

But when I click to proceed with the encounter I get the message, "Oops it looks like page GM_Scripts2 does not exist"

I'm sure there is an easy fix but I just cant seem to figure it out. Help, please?
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by bobhill »

Sounds like you don't have the correct main PilgrimQuest xml file, since you copied stuff manually. Your probably missing the include commands:

Code: Select all

<Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\1.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\2.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\3.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\4.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\5.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\6.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\7.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\8.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\9.xml" />
  <Include file="encounter\\GM_Scripts\\10.xml" />
Download the last file in ambossli's post and extract it over the PQ folder.
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

I've done what you said and it's still not working.

I started completely over from the beginning of the extraction process and then extracted over the PQ folder and now it's still stuck on the original core (undeveloped) encounters the tease came with. The only way for me to avoid this would be to overwrite manually which you seemed to indicate is not necessary.

Can you please take a moment to explain the extraction process step by step assuming I have all of the required zips downloaded?

I think PQ is the coolest thing I've found here. I'd love to write mods for it,and am generally a quick learner, but there are no basic readme or instructions to get past the very basics of installing mods.

EDIT: as a reference, this image shows where my extraction ended up,which I'm pretty sure is not correct:

https://ibb.co/cDbGHx

EDIT 2: I think I was able to overcome the above problem by fiddling around with the files manually, but now I'm getting the following message when I try to open an encounter:

/Common/Oops.png, Error: Include file Scripts/Styles.inc not found at script line 1
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

I don't know what the PQ Encounters folder is or how it was created.

Encounter folder for mine is like this: GM_0.3.1/Guides/PilgrimQuest-v0.6/PilgrimQuest/encounter/[Core, ambossli, GM_Scripts, Tutorial]

Firstly, I assume that you thoroughly read the main PQ thread and also the Mod thread. If you are planning on doing some dev/modding, do a fresh install and look at the folder structure, where files and folders are located, etc.

For this specific mod (ambossli + my ecounters), I recommend that you start fresh and create a separate / new folder. I have several folders to run different GM versions, since some scripts only support specific versions.

For this instance of PQ, with ambossli's mods and mine, I use GM 0.3.1 with GM Scripting Engine updated to latest, or at least 1.5. Download the files ambossli posted and install as he instructed - that seems to be working, based on feedback (although I didn't need to do it :whistle: ).

Hope that helps! It would be great to have more mods and encounters! I'm not a programmer, so I had a bit of a learning curve, but by reading d3vion's posts, looking though the xml files, and using the scripting language, I was able to figure it out.
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

Sorry, I missed your comment that PQ is running core encounters only. That means you still don't have the correct encounters.js file in the scripts folder. This file allows you to set the weights for each encounter. Since they are not encounter scripts for Core, the weight should be zero:

Set:			 "Core",
			ID:			45,
			Title:		"Dark Mistress",
			Desc:		"<i>[no description]</i>",
			Color:		"#676572",
			Weight:		0,
Weights for GM or Ambossli's should be how you want them (non-zero), higher to increase probability. I keep them at 1 (include this script), except the slideshow script (#4, Jackie) which I put at 9.

{
				Set:					"GM_Scripts",
				ID:					3,
				Title:				"Elven Girl3",
				Desc:				"Playful, yet dangerous.",
				Color:				"#ffb033",
				Weight:				1,
			},
				{
				Set:					"GM_Scripts",
				ID:					4,
				Title:				"Blackstone Succubus",
				Desc:				"She's going to test you!",
				Color:				"#ffb033",
				Weight:				9,
			},
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

I'm well beyond that now.

Please check the latest error issue under "EDIT2" of my last post?

EDIT: also, if I wanted to run the version of GM that you recommended, "GM 0.3.1 with GM Scripting Engine updated to latest," where exactly would I find that latest scripting engine?
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

I haven't reviewed the zips posted, but these may be missing from scripts folder.
Styles.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
The various GM versions are referenced/linked in the GM thread, or sometimes in the PQ Mod thread - it varies.
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

Last edited by climactic1 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
climactic1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic1 »

Wow, I cannot believe how much time I have now wasted trying to get this to work. It's a shame because I want it to work so bad but it just isn't.

On my latest try I followed all of the steps laid out by Ambossli earlier on this page, and now it's even worse. Error screen right after character creation.

Please check your zips and your instructions and confirm that they are working?
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

Scripting Engine - use 1.5+ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15891

The Styles.zip was in response to 'edit2' of your prior post.

Edit - sorry, i see your previous post.