Pilgrim Quest - Current Build v0.6

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Pilgrim Quest

Post by d3vi0n »

Ambossli wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 amMissing is maybe how to update the edge count?
Added a page for that now :innocent:
Ambossli wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 amSo v0.5 is more or less finished? that sounds awesome. Have you an update for your roadmap?
I'm still planning to release v0.5 before the end of this week. So it should be around the corner now... just a bit polishing and writing the last examples for "Miss Tutorial". With v0.5 I also consider the prototype phase to be successfully ended and the alpha stage of development entered. 8-) Although the term "alpha" is somewhat misleading. It is basically "feature complete" by then and just needs more content (mainly encounters). :whistle:
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Version v0.4.9 available!

Only one example in Miss Tutorial is missing, but i'm not sure how much time i have tomorrow.
So i decided to upload this version... because it already has so much content... :wave:
  • Every new character gets 1 "Village Stone" and 1 "Scroll Of Summoning" as starting items
  • Added customizable time limit for quest edges and punishment for not reaching the edge within the time limit
  • Added Memorial with a top 10 of your past pilgrims (can be accessed after death or at village shrine)
  • Added "Miss Tutorial": Custom encounter which serves as tutorial and example for creating encounters
  • Added 60 more exploration cards (100 in total now) and made them all multicolored cards
  • Added 46 more encounter cards (50 in total now... all needed encounter cards for core set)
  • Added a fixed set of metronome audio files and a new loot table in config.js for them (vBeatTable)
  • Added new helper functions to make creating custom encounters easier: fLootItem(vName), fLootRandomItem(), getBPM(vStrokes, vSeconds), getRandomBeat()
  • Fixed a bug regarding the item love potion (didn't double energy earnings as intended)
  • Fixed a bug causing an error when random media folders have no subfolder
  • Made some code enhancements and some text / card changes
Preview

update v0.5 will come soon...
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
1of1
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by 1of1 »

Hey - you gave me the tip to check this tease out in another topic but it doesn't start at all. I'm stuck at the start screen. The tease doesn't do anything. I'm just waiting forever and nothing is showing up, nothing is popping or happening. I only get the text of the intruduction and that was it.

I'm using GuideMe 3.1 as told in your description and I installed the tease two times but neither does it work on its own, nor with the Miss Tutorial.

Any help? I suggest this is not working as planned?
Life fucks you every day?
Then go for the rithm, 'cause the climax's still to come.
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

1of1 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 amit doesn't start at all. I'm stuck at the start screen. The tease doesn't do anything. I'm just waiting forever and nothing is showing up, nothing is popping or happening. I only get the text of the intruduction and that was it.
Stuck at the start screen? :huh: That is a first... I downloaded v0.4.9 to check if the zip archive somehow got corrupted during upload, but nope... everything works perfectly fine. :-/

I have not the slightest idea what could cause a problem like this. The error must be on your end. It is definitly not the tease or guideme. And the only thing i can imagine is: you didn't extract the complete zip archive so he doesn't find required files (i.e.: missing media directory for Pilgrim Quest). What does the log file (/guideme/logs/guideme.log or /guideme/logs/jscript.log) say?
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

For me everything works also fine. I also could add my char from version 4.8 in the memorial

Just took me some time to change the config encounter quest and chances file to the changes I made in the previous versions

and there I had the idea why doesn't organize the encounter array in a file (like the memorial) it could make it easier to add new encounters. it would also be possible to change the weight with guidme instead of change the encounter.js with an editor

Also maybe a hint under the "encounter activate download" that in the moment the core encounters don't exist

ps I updated all Links to the download to my encounter so it will work with v0.4.9
before you have to search for the post here a
Link
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Ambossli wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 amand there I had the idea why doesn't organize the encounter array in a file (like the memorial) it could make it easier to add new encounters. it would also be possible to change the weight with guidme instead of change the encounter.js with an editor
Sure... go ahead and write the needed code ;-)

It could work something like this:
  • Instead of editing one big encounter.js an author delivers a seperate file <setname>.set (for example "Core.set") wich includes the data for all his encounters and is saved under /encounter/ together with his set folder.
  • Pilgrim Quest loads all .set files under /encounter/, checks that they don't have "corrupt" entries and builds the vEncounterArray (needs error handling in case of corrupted .set files or "multiple" Set + ID combinations)
  • To be able to change the weight without editing all the .set files we need an ingame editor for vEncounterArray, especially vEncounter.Weight. (could be build like the card browser but with a html form for weight)
  • We also need to synchronize changes in the .set files with the vEncounterArray (for example: between play sessions, the player decides to add / change / delete encounters in existing .set files or add / delete complete .set files (also some error handling needed and we have to decide which weight to keep - the one from the .set file or the one from the vEncounterArray)
What we can't avoid at the moment, is adding the <Include ...> nodes for every encounter in PilgrimQuest.xml. But I already made a suggestion to philo how to solve this for the next GuideMe Update. He will look into this...
Last edited by d3vi0n on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

I have some ideas so it would work nearly this way I think it might be easier to say there are different .set files and on game start/load they will be loaded in vEncounterArray. maybe In the editor you can activate/deactivate complete .set files

How the editor should look/work I also have some an ideas

I'm not sure if I have time today and tomorrow but on Sunday I should have time if I'm not to hangover
I will look after this so you can concentrate on the core encounters :w00t:
nomnom64
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by nomnom64 »

Some images show up with the colors messed up (http://imgur.com/a/sbArE). When looking at the files outside the game they look fine, so I guess theres something messed up either with guideme or pilgrim quest. Im currently using guideme 3.1 and pilgrim quest 0.4.9. Any help you could give me to fixing it would be much appreciated.
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

that is a known bug in GuideMe which affects a very very small minority of jpegs (with an exotic configuration). I had the problem with 1 of 1000 jpegs. It got fixed with GuideMe v0.3.2 and higher. So it will go away in the future. As long as you're forced to still use GuideMe v0.3.1 for PilgrimQuest you can load affected pictures in an image editor and save them as a new jpg with "normal" settings. They then should be displayed correctly...
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Interested in a small update? The last example for "Miss Tutorial" goes smoothly so far... :w00t:

In this example I will showcase how to "imitate" the Tease AI dialogue system within Pilgrim Quest. It works basically the same as in Tease AI and uses similar structured .txt files for #vocabulary, @tags, taunts, instructions... Most files from Tease AI could be even compatible if you use the same @tags. Like Tease AI it creates more "natural" responses with randomization including #vocabulary and @tags instead of fixed and static dialogue lines. You have full control over this flexible and modular system and you should be able to easy adapt it for your own encounters. So every encounter or sex demon can have her own unique taunts, instructions, @tags and #vocabulary if wanted. You could even use different sets of taunts, instructions, @tags and #vocabulary within a single encounter. This way you could "simulate" different moods for the sex demon, for example depending on the player energy or just the current date (not a summer person, eh?).

I also will integrate a flexible image tag editor to edit tags to images directly within Pilgrim Quest. With tagged images the dialogue system will exactly know what the current image shows and in result create dialogue responses fitting to that specific content. Tagging is - like in Tease AI - optional as long as you also write some "generic" taunts or instructions (without specific @tag requirements). But with tagged images, the dialogue will be greatly enhanced.

Here some screenshots from my Tag Editor within Pilgrim Quest. The list of available tags is dynamically created from a tags.txt file, which you can easily customize. If you already had saved tags for this image, the editor will remember this and pre-fill the check boxes accordingly. The system is very robust. You can delete or add new images while you're in the tag editor and even change the tags. One click on refresh and the Editor automatically adjusts to these changes:

Here a more detailed example:

The script randomly chooses the following image. In the folder of this image is already a "_tagged.save" which has an entry for this image including the following @tags (previously added with the tag editor - see screenshot):

Code: Select all

@Solo, @LookAtMe, @Beauty, @Face, @Eyes, @Lips, @Tits, @Nipple, @BrownHair, @Teen

In this example also the following #vocabulary is active. So in a randomly selected line of dialogue all #vocabulary terms will be replaced with a randomly selected synonym from the corresponding #vocabulary file (i.e. #Cock.txt). Be aware: #UserName will be automatically created (no #UserName.txt needed).

#Ass, #Balls, #Cock, #Cum, #Pussy, #NickName, #Tits, #UserName
And here some eligible example taunts for this image from my used taunts.txt:

I'm gonna make sure that #Cock remembers every single stroke!

We both know you like them young! Does this make your #Cock and #Balls ache already? @Teen

Worship her beauty with every stroke! I want to see firm and full strokes, #UserName! @Beauty

I bet you would love to play with these nipples, licking and twirling them until they're hard? Keep going! @Tits @Nipple

Look her into the eyes! No glancing at her #Tits while you stroke your hard #Cock! @Solo @LookAtMe @Eyes @Tits

Imagine her lips wrapped all around your #Cock, while she looks right into your soul with her beautiful eyes. How long could you resist if she really wanted to suck you empty? @Solo @LookAtMe @Eyes @Lips

Where would you blow your load? Cover her face with your #Cum or spray it all over her #Tits? @Solo @Face @Tits
And how far is all of this? The tag editor and the system for #vocabulary is in place and tested... I already tagged the default images which i will include in the example using the tag editor. For the next step i will copy my system for the taunts and instructions from my old Hearts Club Revisited script. After that i only need to write or import some taunts and instructions to get the example going. Because of that, i'm still optimistic to get v0.5 out before monday.

What do you think? Do you like that system?
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

No feedback at all? Nobody interested in Pilgrim Quest anymore? :unsure: :wave:
y'know... i could stop sharing all this stuff and just keep writing for myself ;-)

Version v0.5 is available!

The first custom encounter "Miss Tutorial" is completed now. The example "Natural Taunts" uses a system similar to Tease AI utilizing randomized taunts, tags and vocabulary files. Includes a tag editor to change image tags directly within Pilgrim Quests and also comes with 35 tagged default images, 42 custom tags, 100 example taunts and 7 vocabulary files - together with a guide how to implement this system in your own encounters. I also made some other minor changes (see update history for that).

With v0.5 available, I consider Pilgrim Quest now out of the prototype phase into the alpha stage of development.

Preview for "Natural Taunts"

more example taunts:
Spoiler: show

ToadallyAwesome
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ToadallyAwesome »

as soon as i finish "character" creation, i get an unknown error
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

So i guess you didn't take the 10 seconds to read the installation instructions or look at the f.a.q. ;-) Hint: Use the correct GuideMe version (v0.3.1) and run GuideMe with "start.bat" (NEVER run GuideMe.jar directly) :wave:
Last edited by d3vi0n on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ToadallyAwesome
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ToadallyAwesome »

ah fuck, might be using the wrong version, reading is hard. Gonna try it
ToadallyAwesome
Explorer
Explorer