Pilgrim Quest - Current Build v0.6

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

james9986
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: Pilgrim Quest - Current Build v0.6

Post by james9986 »

Hi, great work there.
I just tried to get it running but got some errors.
Entering a maze works, also walking around, but when i have an encounter in the maze, the following error occurs:

Error: Include file Scripts/Styles.inc not found at script line 6

I use the xml file that was attatched to your post here.
I also get your encounters

How I "installed":
- Get PilgrimQuest 0.6
- Put your encounters PilgrimQuestAmbossliEncounters.zip into the PilgrimQuest folder
- Put the "PilgrimQuest v0 6 dungeon addon" and "PilgrimQuest dungeon addon media" into the PilgrimQuest folder.
- Put the xml file from "PilgrimQuest-v0.6 ambossli dung" into the PilgrimQuest folder.
- Start the Game with 0.3.1 and the xml file from "PilgrimQuest-v0.6 ambossli dung".

Any idea how to fix it?
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Ambossli »

yes looks like I forgot one file for the scripts folder

I will update my upload but for a faster solution I put the file in the zip file of this post
Attachments
PilgrimQuest dungeon patch.zip
(944 Bytes) Downloaded 146 times
Juginda
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Juginda »

Juginda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:56 am I am not sure if I am right here to report an issue with the application. If not please help me finding the right place :)

When launching Pilgrim Quest everything goes fine as long as there are only static pictures. If I accepted a quest I can mark as match and so on. But when an animated gif shows up three things happen. The gif runs in slow motion. What I mean is that every picture of the gif overrides the current picture (of the gif) very slowly. In addition there is no timer at the top and the gif never disappears. I waited several minutes. Also I cannot press the 'mark' button. Sometimes i even cannot end the GuideMe programm normally and i have to force it by taskmanager. If that happnes then I also have to kill the process or otherwise GuideMe won't launch again.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and GuideMe 0.3.1 for Windows 64 bit. If you need any further information to find out what is causign the issue I would be glad to tell you.

Cheers
Juginda
I tried to get it running on my laptop too but I get the same result. When a gif comes up it runs really slow and I am stuck with it and cannot progress in any way with the program. Does really no one else have this problem?
slavejack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavejack »

Juginda wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:16 am
Juginda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:56 am I am not sure if I am right here to report an issue with the application. If not please help me finding the right place :)

When launching Pilgrim Quest everything goes fine as long as there are only static pictures. If I accepted a quest I can mark as match and so on. But when an animated gif shows up three things happen. The gif runs in slow motion. What I mean is that every picture of the gif overrides the current picture (of the gif) very slowly. In addition there is no timer at the top and the gif never disappears. I waited several minutes. Also I cannot press the 'mark' button. Sometimes i even cannot end the GuideMe programm normally and i have to force it by taskmanager. If that happnes then I also have to kill the process or otherwise GuideMe won't launch again.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and GuideMe 0.3.1 for Windows 64 bit. If you need any further information to find out what is causign the issue I would be glad to tell you.

Cheers
Juginda
I tried to get it running on my laptop too but I get the same result. When a gif comes up it runs really slow and I am stuck with it and cannot progress in any way with the program. Does really no one else have this problem?
I would have that problem too and found that when stuck if i minimized Guideme then maximized it again it would be working.
MrDigital
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MrDigital »

Any News about this project? New Version? Encounters?

Cant wait ;-)
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

It's been a awhile since d3vi0n gave same news. So nothing official.

But if you haven't look the mod thread up or read everything here look here

If you have any ideas I will look if I can implement them but I will have less time after the weekend.
Juginda
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Juginda »

slavejack wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:41 am I would have that problem too and found that when stuck if i minimized Guideme then maximized it again it would be working.
Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. The gifs still get played with like 1 frame per 2 seconds and the client gets stuck.
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

a log could be helpful

important is to Start GuideMe with "start.bat". NEVER start the guideme.jar directly. GuideMe comes with its own java and media player libraries. Without starting GuideMe through "start.bat", GuideMe can't find the correct libraries to play audio or video files during the game and will most likely crash.

If you start guideme with the start.bat maybe there is a problems with the libraries. And there a log could help or if it happens use alt+d and then there is a tab javascript console can you copy that if there is a problem with the javascript it might be possible to see it there.

Also interesting could be what are the specs of the computer. Once I had problems with the random maze tease because my pc wasn't the best and the 3-5 mb pictures took forever to load and slowed everything down after I resaved them so there only had 1mb or less it worked fine. I'm not sure why but it looks like guidme or some teases for guidme need many resources.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Ambossli wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 pm a log could be helpful

important is to Start GuideMe with "start.bat". NEVER start the guideme.jar directly. GuideMe comes with its own java and media player libraries. Without starting GuideMe through "start.bat", GuideMe can't find the correct libraries to play audio or video files during the game and will most likely crash.

If you start guideme with the start.bat maybe there is a problems with the libraries. And there a log could help or if it happens use alt+d and then there is a tab javascript console can you copy that if there is a problem with the javascript it might be possible to see it there.

Also interesting could be what are the specs of the computer. Once I had problems with the random maze tease because my pc wasn't the best and the 3-5 mb pictures took forever to load and slowed everything down after I resaved them so there only had 1mb or less it worked fine. I'm not sure why but it looks like guidme or some teases for guidme need many resources.
Start.bat also allocates more memory so will allow it to run better.
For static pictures it needs to load them into memory then resize them to the resolution of the display being used, particularly large pictures will cause performance problems. There is an option in the latest version of guidme to resize the pictures in a tease. This will resize the pictures to the current display resolution and will speed up running the tease.
Manny123
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Manny123 »

I suppose another great idea and game bites the dust? Not a whole lot of progress in quite some time... :weep:
Such a shame, this was one o the most enjoyable games I've seen on here
mowlboon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by mowlboon »

d3vi0n wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:11 pm Sorry... Life happened and I won't have much time to write more encounters for the next few weeks. :unsure:

well he said he doesnt have much time at hand right now sooo
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Sorry for the long absence but real life gets sometimes a little bit crazy (and will always stay more important then online projects). Last quarter of the year is always busy time for me but this year it is especially time consuming. Maybe I can write some more for Milovana in January, but no promises.

but... y'know...
Manny123 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:29 am I suppose another great idea and game bites the dust? Not a whole lot of progress in quite some time... :weep:
It only can "bite the dust" if the community (which includes you) doesn't support it. The game is working and fully playable. Only important thing missing are more encounters and I already provided everything needed to write and share mods or encounters, including tutorials and examples. Other community members like Ambossli already work hard on adding more stuff - for example random mazes - (see the mod thread). Could it be more? Sure... but its up to yourself to help grow the game. I didn't get many responses or concrete offers when i asked for help in the past - so the community at the moment doesn't support Pilgrim Quest like it does for example Tease AI and that is absolutely fine. But it also means you will have to step up yourself if you want to see Pilgrim Quest go further or stay patient until Ambossli, myself or others who can help will have time for it. I never intended "Pilgrim Quest" to be "my" game, for which only I will write. Everybody can use these ideas and contribute (small or large), customize or enhance the experience - or even use the ideas for their own games.
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

btw.: Pilgrim Quest v0.6 works fine with the current GuideMe v0.3.4. I just tested it with the 64 Bit version. So i changed the required version for Pilgrim Quest to GuideMe v0.3.4.
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
ajnorman
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by ajnorman »

Whenever Pilgram quest does anything with an image thats not one of the pre-new game screen it has an error, this also occurs when im at the HelpRandomMedia page as well. I can't think of anything that would be causing this, do you have any ideas whats going on?
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Hard to answer if I don't understand your question. ;-)

What do you mean with "image thats not one of the pre-new game screen"? What do you mean with "error"? When does this error occur? I guess you added new images to the existing random folders (/random/animated/ and /random/static/)? What exactly didn't work and what exactly did you try? For me everything works fine. I can delete the default random images, add new images and the script recoginzes everything correctly when I check under the HELP > IMAGES button from the start page of the tease.