Pilgrim Quest - Current Build v0.6

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Pilgrim Quest - Current Build v0.6

Post by d3vi0n »

Ambossli wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:12 am@d3vi0n we need a better way to keep track which encounters are there than the core ones
Not everybody will read every post/thread
That is the reason i opened a "available mod packs" post where i want to list every mod... ;-) :wave:
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

I suspect, you did restart the tease (file>restart) and created a new game with the new version? Nothing changed at this part of the script. So it should work exactly like the previous version. So I have no idea, sorry. Maybe look what the logfiles for GuideMe say...
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
bathkink
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by bathkink »

https://ibb.co/fFO7xQ

Why do i get this screen at the start and can't continue?
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

I need more information to help you. Did you use GuideMe v0.3.1 and did you run GuideMe with start.bat? Did you extract the PilgrimQuest.zip with all Subfolders? What does the logfiles from GuideMe (/GuideMe/logs/...) say?
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by lmind »

Wonderfully fun game, d3vi0n. Looking forward to the encounters!

Three suggestions:

1) Regarding image tags -- I see what you mean about how daunting it would be to tag all the images to appropriately match all possible Quests. Pretty much impossible. I agree you have to rely on the player to be honest. But, as a suggestion, you could add a system that tags images automatically during play. So if the player edges for a pic and claims the prize for the "doggy style" Quest, then have the game automatically tag that image with a "doggy style" tag. That way, you're tagging as you go along.
The button-name "Mark Vision" already suggests that you are, in some way, "marking" the pic with a permanent tag. Then add consequences if the same image randomly comes up again, and if the player fails to appropriately "Mark Vision" on it.

I suggest this, because I got the "brown-haired beauty" Quest and was relentlessly edged. It got to a point where I (deliciously) dreaded every next vision, and when it was a brown-haired beauty, I contemplated being dishonest and not clicking "Mark Vision" out of exhaustion. Of course, exhaustion is part of the fun, so I never lied. But if there was a possibility of consequences (even a very small possibility -- because most images still aren't tagged) I think that would enhance the tease and "encourage" more honesty.

2) Quests, Items, or Curses that modify the Player -- Specific example:
(100) Edge Quest
Tie your balls during this Quest.
Mark visions with tied cock or balls and edge for them.
+15 Energy from all other Edges

Something like that could fill a Quest slot. If you found a vision with tied balls, you'd mark it and edge for 100 energy, like normal. But also, say if your other Quest was "group sex" and you edged for "group sex," you'd be awarded 50+15=65 energy for that. Your balls would stay tied until you swapped-out the "tied cock or balls" Quest, at which point you are allowed to untie yourself.

The same thing could be an Item, similar to the Love Potion. For example, if you find and activate the "One Ring" item, you have to tie your cock for the rest of the session, but you get +15 energy from all edges.

Other examples: Stay standing. Kneel. Clothespins.

Items like this could be part of the loot table for successful Encounters, and they could be activated automatically. In other words, perhaps you don't buy them in the Shop, and they're not part of your Inventory. They are more like "curses" or "traps" that get sprung when you get your loot from the Encounter. ("Oh no! The treasure was guarded by a magical trap! A living black rope viciously binds your cock!") You are "cursed" with a tied cock for the rest of the session, but you get +15 energy from edges. Or something like that...

3) A cheap "Cleanse" item, cheaper than the Inn, that resets all current item effects and Quests, similar to staying at the Inn and starting a fresh game session. Or perhaps it could be something you pay for at the Shrine, in the village. This goes hand-in-hand with my suggestion #2, where you have items, curses, and Quests with semi-permanent effects that the player might want to get rid of. It would be handy (and interactive) to have a way to cleanse those curses.

Alternatively, a cheap "Magical Ward" item that protects you from Curses. You would buy it in the Shop or find it randomly. If you have a Ward in your Inventory, and you activate a trap or Curse, then the Ward blocks the Curse. The Ward is destroyed, and you are not afflicted with the Curse. If you want more protection, you will have to go back to the village and buy another Ward.

Just some ideas!

-lmind
Xyanaris
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): YamiLoli is my miss(and sub) who I love so very much!
Sub/Slave(s): YamiLoli is my miss(and sub) who I love so very much!

Post by Xyanaris »

Ecik17 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:16 pm
took a look at the log file...heres the section in question:

2017-08-25 00:07:06,121 ERROR XmlGuideReader - loadXML C:\Users\Desktop\Games\PilgrimQuest-v0.6\PilgrimQuest\encounter\\Tutorial\\1.xml Exception
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Desktop\Games\PilgrimQuest-v0.6\PilgrimQuest\encounter\Tutorial\1.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
Did you check if the file (1.xml) is in the path the progamm searches for?
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Ecik17 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:16 pmtook a look at the log file...heres the section in question:
2017-08-25 00:07:06,121 ERROR XmlGuideReader - loadXML C:\Users\Desktop\Games\PilgrimQuest-v0.6\PilgrimQuest\encounter\\Tutorial\\1.xml Exception
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Desktop\Games\PilgrimQuest-v0.6\PilgrimQuest\encounter\Tutorial\1.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
So you get the "black screen" during exploration and not at the beginning? Did you make sure that you extracted all files from the download? It is the xml for "Miss Tutorial" btw and part of the base game download.
lmind wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pmWonderfully fun game, d3vi0n.

Awesome! :w00t: I'm glad that you like it! And thx for the feedback and suggestions.
lmind wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pm1) Regarding image tags -- I see what you mean about how daunting it would be to tag all the images to appropriately match all possible Quests. Pretty much impossible. I agree you have to rely on the player to be honest. But, as a suggestion, you could add a system that tags images automatically during play. So if the player edges for a pic and claims the prize for the "doggy style" Quest, then have the game automatically tag that image with a "doggy style" tag. That way, you're tagging as you go along. The button-name "Mark Vision" already suggests that you are, in some way, "marking" the pic with a permanent tag. Then add consequences if the same image randomly comes up again, and if the player fails to appropriately "Mark Vision" on it.
Yeah... I already thought about that. Would be a nice way, to tag images while playing. Only problem is: Because of the customization options, I don't know if the image, the random media category or the quest with this tag still exist, next time you're playing. So it is a bit unpredictable and I would need to "sync" saved tags with customization changes. Makes it a bit more complicated than I would like. Didn't have a great idea how to handle this so far.
lmind wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pmIt got to a point where I (deliciously) dreaded every next vision, and when it was a brown-haired beauty, I contemplated being dishonest and not clicking "Mark Vision" out of exhaustion. Of course, exhaustion is part of the fun, so I never lied.
The way I play it (and the way I intended exploration to work): You don't have to mark every vision which fits a quest target. The exploration text even explains this ("make sure you are close enough to the edge ... only mark a quest target if you're ready!"). Questing and Exploring means "free" stroking and edging. If you are (for whatever reason) not "ready" for the edge, don't mark the vision. Quests are the best way to build energy during exploration but if or when you try to fulfil an active quest is up to you as the player. Same goes for stroking. The exploration cards says "You may stroke..." not "You have to stroke..." This is also the main difference to encounters, which remove the "free" aspect of it and represent "forced" stroking and edging...

lmind wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pm2) Quests, Items, or Curses that modify the Player -- Specific example: (...) "Mark visions with tied cock or balls and edge for them." (...) Something like that could fill a Quest slot. (...) They are more like "curses" or "traps" that get sprung when you get your loot from the Encounter. ("Oh no! The treasure was guarded by a magical trap! A living black rope viciously binds your cock!") You are "cursed" with a tied cock for the rest of the session, but you get +15 energy from edges. Or something like that...
Interesting idea... Although this would require some work on the script to enable these game mechanics. It also dimishes the "free" aspect for exploration a bit (suddenly you're forced to stroke a certain way). Make them part of the "reward" from an encounter would be definitly the way to go for them. I added the idea to the list for possible future enhancements.
lmind wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pm3) A cheap "Cleanse" item, cheaper than the Inn, that resets all current item effects and Quests, similar to staying at the Inn and starting a fresh game session. Or perhaps it could be something you pay for at the Shrine, in the village. This goes hand-in-hand with my suggestion #2, where you have items, curses, and Quests with semi-permanent effects that the player might want to get rid of. It would be handy (and interactive) to have a way to cleanse those curses. Alternatively, a cheap "Magical Ward" item that protects you from Curses. You would buy it in the Shop or find it randomly. If you have a Ward in your Inventory, and you activate a trap or Curse, then the Ward blocks the Curse. The Ward is destroyed, and you are not afflicted with the Curse. If you want more protection, you will have to go back to the village and buy another Ward.
Yeah... that would be a nice idea... and works perfectly with your second point. Without your second point i don't see a good reason for such an item. For example: You are not bound to your quests... if you find a third quest you just overwrite one of your existing quests.
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

d3vi0n wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:05 am Yeah... I already thought about that. Would be a nice way, to tag images while playing.
shoundn't that be possible if it would work like the tagging system from heart club? But if it does I see a performance problem
to check every time the image against the tag.txt especially the longer the game goes and more images are tagged.
d3vi0n wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:05 am I don't know if the image, the random media category or the quest with this tag still exist, next time you're playing.
wouldn't it possible to check this with the vmedia array at game start/load.
Or maybe it would be possible to make vmedia a object so it is [images, [Tags]] and on game start/load it will be initialized.
And if the image already has the quest tag it would not be added to the tag.txt and vmedia else it would

lmind wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pm3) A cheap "Cleanse" item, cheaper than the Inn, that resets all current item effects and Quests, similar to staying at the Inn and starting a fresh game session. Or perhaps it could be something you pay for at the Shrine, in the village. This goes hand-in-hand with my suggestion #2, where you have items, curses, and Quests with semi-permanent effects that the player might want to get rid of. It would be handy (and interactive) to have a way to cleanse those curses. Alternatively, a cheap "Magical Ward" item that protects you from Curses. You would buy it in the Shop or find it randomly. If you have a Ward in your Inventory, and you activate a trap or Curse, then the Ward blocks the Curse. The Ward is destroyed, and you are not afflicted with the Curse. If you want more protection, you will have to go back to the village and buy another Ward.

Why not add "cursed items" especially the one you find after encounters or during exploration. which have a different effect
e.g.
- a cursed Scroll Of Hiding rises the chances to meet an encounter instead of "Unlocks hiding from sex demons (no random encounters) for today".
- the cursed Love Potion which reduces the energy output.
- the Gift Of Devotion guaranteed a denial and chastity
- Escape Powder might just not work/make the encounter more angry(harder)
- Sigil Of The Pilgrim would still unlock free edges but instead of earning energy you would lose some

I just have no Ideas for Village Stone, Ritual Stone and Scroll Of Summoning(how can you make this one more evil? :whistle: )

The biggest problem is the inventory must work differently. e.g. if you have 3 Scrolls Of Hiding we need an "menu" to "scroll" trough for using a item. I thought if you want to use a item you can "scroll" through this item category like in the memorial and then choose which one you want to use not knowing if it is cursed or not.

would make it far more funny/risky to use items. The shop items should be most of the time "clean"
maybe a function at the shrine to check if the items are cursed (for energy?) if there are for more energy the curse can be removed?

extra: I would have an idea for the Village Stone but for that we need extra villages something like a "sex demon(encounter) village" or these are people who worship the demons instead of the goddess

:whistle: make everything more dangerous to fill the memorial :innocent:
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer

Post by playsafe9 »

I've been playing v 0.2 the last time and did hit the "cumming" button accidently and thus a GameOver. Would it be possible to add a failsave function, to confirm that selection?
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

Hi in the zip there is the xml from v0.6 with a fail save page
Just a question and 2 buttons. One brings you to the game-over page the other back to exploring
Attachments
PilgrimQuest-v0.6 with failsave.zip
(11.86 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer

Post by playsafe9 »

Ambossli wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:11 pm Hi in the zip there is the xml from v0.6 with a fail save page
Just a question and 2 buttons. One brings you to the game-over page the other back to exploring
fantastic, thanks you
1of1
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Pilgrim Quest

Post by 1of1 »

d3vi0n wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:28 am
1of1 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:08 am
d3vi0n wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pmSo it works, when you start Pilgrim Quest locally on the pc (not over network), where GuideMe and Pilgrim Quest itself are located?
No, it's not working. That's my problem, when I start it locally, the explained problem occurs (being stuck at the start of the tease) ;-)

Your log shows, that in your case GuideMe searches for a "\Network-Adress\". So you're still doing something different from other users, who have no problem playing Pilgrim Quest. My only guess is: because of your way of running GuideMe or your network configuration, GuideMe gets confused where the path to the tease data is (>> Network-Adress) and Pilgrim Quest needs that path to write .save files and read the different .js and .xml script files. Maybe try, what philo suggested and see if that works. I have no idea what else it could be, since you're using start.bat and the correct GuideMe v0.3.1 version. Pilgrim Quest works fine, when run "normal" (aka locally) with GuideMe.
Okay - tried it and it still doesn't work. Now GuideMe won't even start, throwing a error 53 in the cmd-window and then aborting. What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm already losing my mind here -.-
I now tried three different methods, all not working at all. In the following I will show you the codes I added to the bat file in order to map it:
Spoiler: show
1. attempt)
net use Z: \\Network-Adress\Guide Me\java\bin\g$
path="./java/bin";./GuideMe_lib
start ".\java\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2

2. attempt)
@echo off
net use \\<ip-adress>\Network-Adress\Guide Me
start ".\java\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2
net use \\<ip-adress>\testfolder /delete

3. attempt)
@echo off
SETLOCAL

SET "laufwerk=R:"

FOR /f "delims=" %%i IN ('ECHO %0') DO @SET scriptpath=%%~dpi

net use \\Network-Adress\Guide Me
Life fucks you every day?
Then go for the rithm, 'cause the climax's still to come.
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

playsafe9 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:10 pm
Ambossli wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:11 pmHi in the zip there is the xml from v0.6 with a fail save page Just a question and 2 buttons. One brings you to the game-over page the other back to exploring
fantastic, thanks you
I wouldn't recommend Ambossli's modded script. It "breaks" the game tracking of different user stats including the rewards for quest edges and even opens the game for cheating: The "failsave" doesn't return you to the page where you accidently hit the "Cumming" Button. Instead it goes straight to explore. As a result you could for example "cheat" your way out of a denial ending without any consequences - just hit the "Cumming" Button and go back to exploring...
1of1 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 amOkay - tried it and it still doesn't work. Now GuideMe won't even start, throwing a error 53 in the cmd-window and then aborting. What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm already losing my mind here -.-
Sorry, Philo suggested to map the network drive to a letter. I don't even understand what you tried there with your changes to start.bat. Why not try what Philo suggested (no changes in start.bat needed as far as i'm aware) or just run GuideMe and Pilgrim Quest locally... I have no idea what the problem with your network configuration or with your way of running GuideMe is. Never saw anyone who had these problems or tried it to run it this way. Although I still don't understand how exactly you try to run GuideMe. It obviously lies beyond my knowledge or skills to help you with that. Maybe philo can help you.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Pilgrim Quest

Post by philo »

1of1 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 am
1. attempt)
net use Z: \\Network-Adress\Guide Me\java\bin\g$
That was close

Try the following where \\philo-pc\win64 is a share to the directory where GuideMe is installed
The paths are relative paths so you need to start in the root directory of GuideMe
net use z: \\philo-pc\win64
z:
path=./java/bin;./GuideMe_lib
start .\java\bin\javaw.exe -Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Sorry... Life happened and I won't have much time to write more encounters for the next few weeks. :unsure: