How to convert your webtease into a tease/guideme file guide

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

How to convert your webtease into a tease/guideme file guide

Post by Shattered »

I've had a few people ask this, so thought I'd put together a very short guide I can link to!

Why Guideme?
Spoiler: show
Guideme offers three main advantages over Milovana for users
1. Higher quality images.
2. Offline play.
3. If you quit, it saves your page.
Guideme does lots more such as video integration, saving names etc but that means you can't have the same content on Milovana as guideme. Image quality is the main draw for me personally.
Guide
0. (Optional) Goto your tease script and copy it. Make a new tease with a similar name, post the script, save and publish with no images. This'll make step 2 much easier. Don't forgot to unpublish this afterwards.

1. Convert your tease with the GuideMe stand alone download program - made by the wonderful Philo, many thanks to them for their work - it's so good and essential! You can set a location to save your file in the preferences, so make sure you know where to find it.

2. You now have a guideme version of your tease, but the images are the low Milovana quality. So copy your images from your pc into this folder. If it offers to let you replace, great, this is what you want.

3. You now probably have some duplicate images because they have different names - for example, the converter/milovana seems to replace _ with -. So rename your images to match what the low quality images are named, replacing them as you go. If you did step 0, it's easy to see what still needs replacing as it downloads a ? image for unknown images.

4. Zip your new picture folder and the .xml file and upload it online, such as to mega.nz
5. You are done!