[POLL] Tease AI User Poll

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Which of the following BEST describes your experience as a Tease AI user?

Everything's great, I just wish there were more Personalities/Scripts
68%
Everything's not great, I'm very sure I have everything set up right
8%
Everything's not great, I'm really not sure I have it set up right
17%
I tried to use it before, but nothing worked right/setup was confusing and I gave up on it
2%
I don't use Tease AI
4%

Total votes: 92

Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

[POLL] Tease AI User Poll

Post by 1885 »

Now that Tease AI 0.54.7 is up, I'm going to be splitting my focus across coding (adding to the program, bugfixing), scripting (Total Brat) and documentation (getting started guides, updated command guides, etc).

I wanted to put up this poll to get a better idea of where everyone's at with it currently. I'm going to be working on all three regardless of the outcome, but this will help me figure out where my balance needs to be. :-)
holaba_be
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [POLL] Tease AI User Poll

Post by holaba_be »

I think it's great, but there are definitely some errors/crashes I encounter in about one of every 2 playthroughs. I usually assume there is an issue with the script, but it would probably be good if the software became more robust in it's error handling. There are quite a few outofrange exceptions, and it would help the user figure out what exactly Tease AI can't find in which collection. It could be some file that's gone missing or just an error in the script. If the error gave some more information it would help both users and script writers. Same goes for the 'image not found' message: I assume I've set up everything correctly, so it would help if Tease AI showed me which image it didn't find.
Perhaps some option to display which line in which script is currently executing to help determine the cause of issues would help as well.
I also think there is no time out set when retrieving online images, because once every so often the program hangs completely, and it seems to occur mostly when I think it's trying to get an image from tumblr.

Another nice thing to help mitigate the consequences of crashes or hanging sessions would be some sort of autosave system, which creates a save file every 5 or 10 minutes, preferably not replacing the file so you can go back earlier in time if your last save would always lead to the same problem again.
ospray
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ospray »

I love this program its the best one I have ever used for tease and denial / virtual mistress. I do find that I wish there was more personalities to chose from! In addition someone them I feel like i have not done all the necessary set up in order to utilize the program 100%. adding tags and such is hard for me and confusing, not to mention time consuming! but really i love this project, and have been fallowing it for a long time now! thank you for all the hard work!
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Post by elvisomar »

I posted as "I tried to use it..." because I am a Mac OS user. At some point I was able to get TeaseMe to work (and then I had a computer crash and lost it again). I've never been able to get Tease AI to run on my Mac. I had hoped there were other Mac users here and we could help one another get it running, but no such luck for me, as yet.

I would welcome PM or Forum contact from anyone who can help me to get it running on my Mac.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

Right now, with 54.7 i feel there is basically everything in place to be able to achieve more or less what you want with the right script, so i think we reached a point were the main focus should just be squishing out the remaining bugs, which in itself can be a real problem since some of them are hard to reproduce and some others might very well be related to error in the scripts themself.

Despite having quite a good amount of modules in my personality, i think that content is what is needed most, right now (especially if well written as some of the scripts that have been published in the different personalities)...but i can see that being able to write good stuff is not easy at all (i am not that good at that for example...i did a few modules, but not too many).

The main "risk", i feel, is getting bored of seeing the same responses/modules over and over again: it makes you lose that feeling of having a "real" session because you start to know and remember what is going to happen.

I think one of the thing missing most in all personalities published up to now has been consequences to what you write in chat. In my personality, for example i created a lot of possibilities of callreturn/interrupts being called depending on what you write, and i feel this is what i missed most when trying new personalities. It felt like what you said/how you behaved has little to no impact on what would happen in a session
holaba_be
Explorer
Explorer

Post by holaba_be »

Daragorn wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:03 pm Right now, with 54.7 i feel there is basically everything in place to be able to achieve more or less what you want with the right script, so i think we reached a point were the main focus should just be squishing out the remaining bugs, which in itself can be a real problem since some of them are hard to reproduce and some others might very well be related to error in the scripts themself.

Despite having quite a good amount of modules in my personality, i think that content is what is needed most, right now (especially if well written as some of the scripts that have been published in the different personalities)...but i can see that being able to write good stuff is not easy at all (i am not that good at that for example...i did a few modules, but not too many).

The main "risk", i feel, is getting bored of seeing the same responses/modules over and over again: it makes you lose that feeling of having a "real" session because you start to know and remember what is going to happen.

I think one of the thing missing most in all personalities published up to now has been consequences to what you write in chat. In my personality, for example i created a lot of possibilities of callreturn/interrupts being called depending on what you write, and i feel this is what i missed most when trying new personalities. It felt like what you said/how you behaved has little to no impact on what would happen in a session
I agree that more content will attract more people, which might attract more content creators as well. I started the content idea thread for that reason .
The hard part about consequences for what you write in chat, is that the sub doesn't know he can write some specific lines that can influence the rest of the conversation. Because most of the time, the session just continues if you don't say anything quickly enough. Since I've seen very few cases in which saying something makes a difference, I also stop trying and just enjoy whatever the default conversation is. In some cases the blue question mark is displayed, so the sub knows he needs to say something. Perhaps that icon can be used more often?
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Option 6: It's mostly great but do still get the occasional glitch that ruins a session :P Like not finding images and stuff but that oculd be my setup
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

holaba_be wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 pm I agree that more content will attract more people, which might attract more content creators as well. I started the content idea thread for that reason .
The hard part about consequences for what you write in chat, is that the sub doesn't know he can write some specific lines that can influence the rest of the conversation. Because most of the time, the session just continues if you don't say anything quickly enough. Since I've seen very few cases in which saying something makes a difference, I also stop trying and just enjoy whatever the default conversation is. In some cases the blue question mark is displayed, so the sub knows he needs to say something. Perhaps that icon can be used more often?
I disagree with making it visible with some kind of icon, it would still ruin the immersion feeling of the session.
Having consequences for what you write is already totally possible with how teaseAI is right now (and it was possible even in previous version)....what has stopped it from being that way is the fact that all personalities have basically no chance to trigger any script...but that's a "problem" related to how the personality was created.
For example, in my own personality (which is basically using most scripts created for other personalities, with some changes here and there), i took time to modify the response files so that most of them have possible consequences....hidden (increasing/decreasing apaty or dommelevel, which, in turn, might affect how some script behave) or visible (callreturn/miniscript being called in some occasions).

So, for example, just answering to a taunt like "i hope you are aching now" with something like "i am really aching" might trigger a callreturn to something (or not), answering "i can handle that" or "i can't take it anymore", might trigger something else and so on.
The problem is that, even if i tried to make it possible to trigger different scripts, after a while it is still quite predictable...so i know that if i say something i have a chance to trigger this or that script. Moreover, having created those possibilities myself, it is even more predictable to me what will happen :D
If i had so many possible interrupts/callreturn to call/trigger, then it would make it feel much more realistic because i woudln't know what could happend if i say something.
Putting some kind of mark to let the user know when an asnwer can be meaningful or not, would totally ruin this whole idea...because you'd know that, if you don't see a marker, then you can avoid writing since nothing will happen...so it is basically just expanding the concept of having the mistress directly asking for some answer....it is nice, yes, but it doesn't make the session feel more realistic.
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

Daragorn wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:44 am The problem is that, even if i tried to make it possible to trigger different scripts, after a while it is still quite predictable...so i know that if i say something i have a chance to trigger this or that script.
lol, welcome to my world :lol:

I start to add a lot of YesNoModes on my scripts to do the same thing you did. Some have Yes=good, some Yes=bad

Mostly will increse or decrease the Domme Mood
Daragorn wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:44 am Putting some kind of mark to let the user know when an asnwer can be meaningful or not, would totally ruin this whole idea...because you'd know that, if you don't see a marker, then you can avoid writing since nothing will happen...so it is basically just expanding the concept of having the mistress directly asking for some answer....it is nice, yes, but it doesn't make the session feel more realistic.
The blue mark is only for variable inputs and I think you can disable in the settings, could be the same for that too. But I agree with you, if we see that mark, we know the script stoped waiting for a answer. The way I build, is like the Domme typed and is not waiting for you but, if you type something, can have a trigger.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

avatarbr wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:08 am The blue mark is only for variable inputs and I think you can disable in the settings, could be the same for that too. But I agree with you, if we see that mark, we know the script stoped waiting for a answer. The way I build, is like the Domme typed and is not waiting for you but, if you type something, can have a trigger.
Yep, exaxtly the same way i created them too...i don't want to know if i can trigger something or not...it should feel like whenever i write something i always have the chance to trigger something...that's the only way to have it feel realistic.

On a side note, for example i am trying to see if i can manage to make the domme check for the honorific (if you have turned it on in the option obviously) every time you write yes/no/hi in a phrase, and not only when there is a direct question right now...i feel that's probably the last needed thing right now. Especially considering that in the new version my "punishment" mode if you forget the honorific has been integrated in the main version, i feel this is something really neeeded. It feel weird to sometime respond yes or no to something she said, forgetting the honorific and having her not notice it. 1885 agreed with me that it would be something nice to have in...so i am trying to implement it :D
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

Thanks to everybody participating in the poll, as well as those posting additional information. :-)

I think I don't notice a lot of potential crashes/problems because I stress test solely on Total Brat, and I just let it run for long periods of time, I don't really throw a lot of curveballs at it. I'm going to start stress testing on more of the available Personalities, and get a little more interactive with them. I'm going to try to replicate as much of the full range of errors people receive as possible, and get a better idea of what needs to be fixed (or at least not ruin an entire session when they occur).

I'm also adding an option to output error messages to the chat screen (as opposed to just fully detailed messages to the error log), so people will have more information readily available if they wish to make a bug report. I am actively watching the Bug Report thread now, so please feel free to post anything you encounter there.

A community member has been kind enough to volunteer their services to write a Getting Started guide, so that is in the works as well. Once that's finished, I'll append it to the download thread so newcomers (or anyone unsure about their setup) can verify that they're good to go.

So the main focus for me on the coding side will be error-handling and trying to maintain a smooth experience even if things go awry in the middle of a session. On the scripting side I'll keep working on Total Brat and probably dabbling here and there to finish the Secrets webtease series.

If you have any further comments about your Tease AI user experience, or how to improve it, please don't hesitate to share. :-)
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

1885 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 pm So the main focus for me on the coding side will be error-handling and trying to maintain a smooth experience even if things go awry in the middle of a session. On the scripting side I'll keep working on Total Brat and probably dabbling here and there to finish the Secrets webtease series.
I have some suggestions about that. Not sure what its viable.

- The worse case could happens now is TeaseAI crashing, and losing all the session. A Auto-save option, to keep the session time, tempflags, variables, etc should help

I tried something like that with a flag, deleted in the End script only. If you start a new session and this flag exist, a script asking about time and some features will try to put you where you were.

- The second worst case its when TeaseAI freeze. Not crash, but scripts dont play more. A auto-abort the current Module/Link should be enough. But need to check for some important commands, like @UnlockImages, @AddDomme, @RemoveContact, etc.

- I know "we" are responsible for a part of the errors. But tracking where is the problem is a nightmare right now. If the chatlogs could include the current script running (like when you type @, but just in the log), would help a lot to track.
pepsifreak
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepsifreak »

avatarbr wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 am - I know "we" are responsible for a part of the errors. But tracking where is the problem is a nightmare right now. If the chatlogs could include the current script running (like when you type @, but just in the log), would help a lot to track.
This is something I had in mind, putting an html comment at the end of every line (invisible outside of opening the log in a text editor) containing debugging info.

However to do that all code which adds a chat line would need some cleaning first.
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mr-max »

1885 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 pm On the scripting side I'll keep working on Total Brat and probably dabbling here and there to finish the Secrets webtease series.
Pretty Please to BOTH!!! It's a shame that the Secrets Series got abandoned ;)
sexybastardo
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by sexybastardo »

1885 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 pm Thanks to everybody participating in the poll, as well as those posting additional information. :-)

I think I don't notice a lot of potential crashes/problems because I stress test solely on Total Brat, and I just let it run for long periods of time, I don't really throw a lot of curveballs at it. I'm going to start stress testing on more of the available Personalities, and get a little more interactive with them. I'm going to try to replicate as much of the full range of errors people receive as possible, and get a better idea of what needs to be fixed (or at least not ruin an entire session when they occur).

I'm also adding an option to output error messages to the chat screen (as opposed to just fully detailed messages to the error log), so people will have more information readily available if they wish to make a bug report. I am actively watching the Bug Report thread now, so please feel free to post anything you encounter there.

A community member has been kind enough to volunteer their services to write a Getting Started guide, so that is in the works as well. Once that's finished, I'll append it to the download thread so newcomers (or anyone unsure about their setup) can verify that they're good to go.

So the main focus for me on the coding side will be error-handling and trying to maintain a smooth experience even if things go awry in the middle of a session. On the scripting side I'll keep working on Total Brat and probably dabbling here and there to finish the Secrets webtease series.

If you have any further comments about your Tease AI user experience, or how to improve it, please don't hesitate to share. :-)
Hey 1885,
thank you very much for you great work! I'm always happy for every update and the new features!
In my view TeaseAI don't need that much of big new features, but some (small) problems should be fixed that all users can enjoy it. And a complete list of commands with examples would be also very usefull for all new users. It's a bit hard to figure out everything without a full list of possibilities (stefaf was working on this, unfortunately he wasn't online for a while)

About 54.7 :
I was testing 54.7 now for a while with my personality and I stumbled upon a few bugs. About my personality: In some cases its very complex and many times the scripts need to jump somewhere else or to a different module (for teasing, conversations or punishment etc). It's not working anymore. At some points the new Call and Miniscript behavoir put it to a non functional state. I tryed to figure out the whole behavior in 54.7, but it was very much, Here's the result:
----------

MiniScripts:

Not Stroking (@MiniScript from the Start Script):
Single @MiniScript: Works fine
@MiniScript within a MiniScript works, but leads to a dead end at the last line of the first MiniScript.
@CallReturn within a MiniScript works, tested with a maximum of three level deep nested @CallReturns. But leads to a dead end - it jumps instantly at the first @End to the last line of the MiniScript and stops.

Stroking (@MiniScript from Response File):
Single @Miniscript: Works fine
@Miniscript within a Miniscript works, but leads from the end in the last file instantly back to the first call. (That's maybe correct?)
@CallReturn within a Miniscript works, but leads from the end in the last file instantly back to the first call. (In this case its wrong, I guess - it should go back all steps.)

@CallReturn():

Not Stroking (Start Script):
Single @CallReturn: Works fine
@Miniscript within a CallReturn works fine. @CallReturn Script -> @MiniScript Script -> Rest of @CallReturn Script -> Back
@CallReturn within a CallReturn works fine, tested with a maximum of three level deep nested @CallReturns.

Stroking (Response File):
Single @CallReturn: Works fine
@Miniscript within a CallReturn works different than before. It jumps back to Stroking after the MiniScript.
@CallReturn within a CallReturn works, but leads from the @End in the last file instantly back to Stroking.
@Call after a @CallReturn: Seems to be working fine. Leads to a Module at the end of the last file.

Stroking & @CallReturn from a Module:
Single @CallReturn: don't work - it throws you back after the end of the @CallReturn and runs a random module
Sometimes I still receive some Stroke Taunts after the @CallReturn before the new module is started.

NOT STROKING & @CallReturn from a Module/Link:
@CallReturn: works fine.
@MiniScript: works fine.
@Call stops everything.

@Call():

Not Stroking (@Call from a Start Script):
@Miniscript: Seems to be working fine.
@CallReturn after a @Call works, tested with a maximum of three level deep nested @CallReturns, but the session will end at the last line of the Call script if no further command like @StartStroking is given.
@Call after a @Call works fine.

Stroking & @Call from a Module:
@Miniscript after a @Call it throws you back and runs the script file again that contains the original call (or maybe just a random module). (In some scripts this wasn't noticeable instantly ... it leads in most cases to an endless cycle)
@CallReturn after a @Call it throws you back after the last nested CallReturn and runs the script file again that contains the original call (or maybe just a random module). (In some scripts this wasn't noticeable instantly ... it leads in most cases to an endless cycle)
@Call after a @Call: Seems to be working fine. Leads to a Link at the end of the last file.

Stroking & @Call from response file:
Response files now don't let me use a @Call anymore, TeaseAI does ignore it without any message. Don't know whats happening there.

-------

Please notice that I didn't test everything, and I noticed in some cases it worked in others not. Mostly it depends if the user is stroking or not. But I don't have the time to figure it out more currently. I marked the lines red that (at least in my view) needs to be fixed.

Basically I'm using @Miniscript and @Calls (for modules) before I'm telling the user to stop stroking, so in general that's the reason most of the scripts doesn't work anymore. I tryed to replace the @Miniscript with @CallReturns and then noticed that it also doesn't work ...

Could you please take a deep look into this?

Cheers,
sb
Last edited by sexybastardo on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.