ANTI CHEAT SYSTEM FOR SPICY 3.0

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Anti-Cheat-System?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Yes knowing there is an anti-cheat system would stop me from cheating.
43%
Yes, but for a different reason.
11%
No I would still try to cheat.
4%
No I would just enter the scripts and disable it.
43%

Total votes: 28

genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

ANTI CHEAT SYSTEM FOR SPICY 3.0

Post by genome231 »

Hi guys!

So I'm thinking about adding a anti-cheat system to Spicy 3.0 (Tease-AI personality)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17017

Spicy like all other personalities can be manipulated by entering the scripts and changing them, this can be done to give yourself extra gold/tokens and other stuff as well.

How would it work?
Spicy 3.0 uses A LOT of variables and flags, when the system would be triggered it would simply change variables and set/delete flags making it unusable without cleaning up (good luck with that by the way ;-) ). I wont go further into detail since that itself might defeat any system I would implement.

Well I made a little poll to help me decide, please provide me with your input.
Thank you! :wave:

Best regards
Genome!
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
Tepi
Explorer
Explorer

Re: ANTI CHEAT SYSTEM FOR SPICY 3.0

Post by Tepi »

Seeing how few scripts are actually made for TeaseAI, I have a feeling most ppl wouldn't know how to cheat without breaking something. And those that do, would be able to circumvent it anyway. I think you should get the personality "working" and released without any unnecessary systems in place. You could add those (like the anti-cheat) later if you feel like they'd be worth it.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

as i replied you privately, i like the idea and i support it..maybe making it optional for the user to decide wheter to use it or not (i would let you choose just at the beginning and no possibilities to change it later on anymore (unless you know how to do it manually and decide to do it or reset the personality, obviously)
Quarz
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Quarz »

Personally I don't need the function given that I never had problems with staying disciplined in those regards, so whether the functionality is in place or not doesn't directly affect me in normal use of the program at all.
What worries me though is that the system could be triggered through bugs or unexpected behaviour of computer or user. Or in other words that the program permanently kills itself over every small problem that occurs.
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

Tepi wrote:Seeing how few scripts are actually made for TeaseAI, I have a feeling most ppl wouldn't know how to cheat without breaking something. And those that do, would be able to circumvent it anyway. I think you should get the personality "working" and released without any unnecessary systems in place. You could add those (like the anti-cheat) later if you feel like they'd be worth it.
I agree. And that system could bring some bugs to your personality.

On the other hand, I would love to create a script to cheat your system :innocent:
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by VanHellsing »

Same as RandomStrange - I don't even like to look at scripts because it might spoil the fun for me, but to some degree. When something gets too repetitive or task is boring and takes too much time (like cleaning whole house for 10+ minutes) or too hard (3 ruined orgasms one after another from Spicy 2.0) I start changing the script. If the system is really implemented (and I probably will check if it's real at some point), I won't cheat.

It would be great to have an anti-cheat system, but it depends on how long it would take to implement it. If it would be about a week, then why not. In the end, it would be great to have something that can prevent us from cheating, including skipped days.
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mr-max »

I "cheat", because often scripts are broken. In the current state of personalities it is essential to enable users to fix problems etc. Sometimes I cannot sense if it just broke or should be a long taunt for example. that said, if everything works flawlessly, it would be OK to not be able to cheat, however, I doubt that it will be that way (no offense Genome ;) )
wolfet
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wolfet »

mr-max wrote:I "cheat", because often scripts are broken. In the current state of personalities it is essential to enable users to fix problems etc. Sometimes I cannot sense if it just broke or should be a long taunt for example. that said, if everything works flawlessly, it would be OK to not be able to cheat, however, I doubt that it will be that way (no offense Genome ;) )
THIS ^
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

mr-max wrote:I "cheat", because often scripts are broken. In the current state of personalities it is essential to enable users to fix problems etc. Sometimes I cannot sense if it just broke or should be a long taunt for example. that said, if everything works flawlessly, it would be OK to not be able to cheat, however, I doubt that it will be that way (no offense Genome ;) )
This is a great point.

I am on the point where everytime a module starts, I typed @ to see the name of the file in case some bug happens, so I can try to fix later. 50% of the times was just a TeaseAI bug
pepsifreak
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepsifreak »

My opinion on cheating that I've said before is that cheaters are gonna cheat. If someone wants to ruin their own experience, then let them.
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by VanHellsing »

I've been doing it so many times that I even forgot this is about 90% of cases when I am basically forced to cheat.
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

Great number of replies!
Thank you! :wave:

So its about 55% yes, 45% no so far.

While the concerns are important!
I've thought about most of them for a while.

So first: Its an easy implement, would take me about 10-15 minutes to do, so it wont steal too much time.

Second: Its very simple, so the chances of it triggering due to a bug is likely very low (ofcourse I cant give guaranties).

Third: It wont stop you from putting in your own small/big edits unless some of them would be considdered cheating ;-)
@VanHellsing: You gave me an idea so I've added a new setting inside settings.
You can now set your maxlimit of ruined and orgasms per session (by default ruined are 3 and orgasms 1).
Meaning that if this limit is reached (wether it being 2 or 500), Spicy will end the session :-)

Fourth: I completely agree that cheaters are gonna cheat! But why make it easy ;)

Ofcourse I cant go into detail about how a potentiel system would work but I can say:
1) That it is a VERY simple one (to minimize risk of bugs).
2) That it is hidden in plain sight.

Best regards
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Okay so may be this a comment/ idea on a crazy meta-level but:

I think there are 3 categories of people:

1 cheaters. Maybe for a good reason, maybe they like it to play this way - they will know...
2 non-cheaters. They like to give up control and to be bound to whatever comes
3 people who actually would prefer to give up control but cant stand it and then cheat... although a short moment after, they regret that they took the shortcut.

Wouldnt it just solve the problem to ask people ONCE at the very beginning: Do you want the possibility to cheat? Yes or no?
Yes for group 1
No for group 2
No for group 3 - the group that initially needs to bind themselves to no, as they would be tempted later on to cheat although they know at the very beginning, that they will regret.

Think of a locked piece of choclate.
Those people who dont care about their weight and just want to enjoy (although they like the thirll of resisting the temptation to get the choclate) - just give them the key. The can enjoy the thrill as long as they want and then just get the choclate. They can hold back the temptation to use the key at the very beginning long enough to enjoy first the thrill of not getting it for a time and then enjoy choclate.

Whose who actually dont like choclate that much but more the fact of not being able to get something - do not give them the key.

Those who would like to enjoy the thrill of not being able to get something but would in lack of some self-cotrol immediatly use the key after a litle desire for choc comes up, they know themselves and just say "no" to the key at the very beginning, when there is no desire for choc yet.

Not sure if this comparison makes sense but I hope the message was clear anyway?

Me personally, I consider myself to be part of group no 1 - for various reasons. Some reasons had been mentioned. Bugs/ events where you are not sure whether its a bug or not or taking "cheating" just as a straight forward way to adapt and personalize a tease...like "wow great tease but this special section/part/... is just not my thing".

I also think about stuff that takes so much time to get done. On the one hand your private life just doesnt allow you to get a specific thing/ task done - should this be the reason not to be able to experience all the other great things that will happen in the tease and that are perfectly compatible with your very personal constraints of daily life but come after the one thing you need to get over in order to advance?
sexybastardo
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by sexybastardo »

genome231 wrote: So first: Its an easy implement, would take me about 10-15 minutes to do, so it wont steal too much time.
Second: Its very simple, so the chances of it triggering due to a bug is likely very low (ofcourse I cant give guaranties).
Third: It wont stop you from putting in your own small/big edits unless some of them would be considdered cheating ;-)
Fourth: I completely agree that cheaters are gonna cheat! But why make it easy ;)
Hi there - now I just want to give my two cents :D
To first: If its easy ... just do it.
to second: If its simple ... again, just do it!
to third & fourth: Cheaters are gonna cheat ... if they can't they will stop using it and/or stop having fun. Things are that easy ... people should enjoy your personality and if they want to cheat, just let them. Don't care about it. ;)
VanHellsing wrote:
mr-max wrote:I "cheat", because often scripts are broken.
With considering all this I would say ask the user at the first start if he wants to use it. ;)

Cheers,
sb
mandas_whack
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mandas_whack »

Do people really take these things seriously enough to cheat? Even if a script couldn't be changed, or a variable couldn't be deleted, a user can always just not do what Spicy tells him to do - and you cant program away that.

Personally, I'd much rather see Spicy 3.0 released sooner than to wait EVEN LONGER so an anti-cheat system could be implemented!