[ALPHA-RELEASE (.09)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [ALPHA-RELEASE][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Post by desertfox »

kong wrote:Amazing Maze!!! :-D
Love the encounters and the story (so far), WOW!
Though there was a crash I could not complete it but I'm eager to try again and try to choose another way to go around the "crash" until it's fixed.
Spoiler: show
Bugg report. (don't the logg system for bugg reporting and not how to send the log and if it is useful, so I try to explain it)
"Something went wrong"

After encountered a girl from the field (under the folder fields)
I had the map from the intro and the massage came when she ordered me to do my first edge for her.
:( had to restart the maze.
Ahh crap... I haven't been in those teases in a few months, I knew I should have gone through them but I was slacking. That is a bug in the script so you'll see it again if you end up there. I'll check through it later tonight and see if I can get that resolved and post a quick fix.

You can also bail out of any encounters/mazes by bringing up the debug window and hitting the drop down to go to 'maze_main' though any story sequences get screwed that way because when you leave the tease it sets up triggers for the next event or sometimes repeat ways to get back into a place, so if you exit via changing pages it wont get set up and you end up in limbo.

Also if you want to blaze through some encounters like the intro, you can turn on Debug in guideme and you'll see a button called 'delay' on pages with a delay, which just assumes the delay has happened, so you can skip through teases pretty quick that way if you want to say get by the intro real fast.

... Just checked and arg on that bug, it'll block you off from a bunch of stuff and is in a few of the older teases I wrote that I didn't check. It was counting edges but that was before playful guy updated the script engine to do it automatically, so future me deleted the variable it was trying to update and now I am cleaning out that bug throughout a bunch of teases, fixing and will update the front post when I get a patch up.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Alright i have a patch up that should get you going through those teases. Unfortunately I think you might have to reset the maze to get back in there.

Tonight I'm going to take a look at the intro sequences again and just give a way to get past the intro stuff and opening tease. I think I didn't account for replays after failing and just having to reset because I screwed up to be fair. I will have that up sometime tonight.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

spawni wrote:Would love to see some more girls with a sly, wicked personality. Since they're Succubi after all and feeding off of you. Though there were a few that didn't seem to care too much about the rules and just wanted their way with you.
Was thinking about this some more and honestly I don't think I know the personality at all, even in real life. But, I bet I could probably write one out and work it in to the maze. Are there any teases or anything that are a really good example of the sly, wicked personality so I can start to understand it?
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

Fantastic Tease!

I think I encountered a bug, when I edged to early with Milena, but I'm not sure.
spawni
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spawni »

desertfox wrote: Was thinking about this some more and honestly I don't think I know the personality at all, even in real life. But, I bet I could probably write one out and work it in to the maze. Are there any teases or anything that are a really good example of the sly, wicked personality so I can start to understand it?
Oh i think i did encounter that not too long ago, when Foxy went a bit crazy. She didn't seem to care too much about your wellbeing and basically became insatiable. Same with Katie Fey on the 2nd visit. I really like that, it's like they don't really reveal their true nature in the start but in time they become more Succubus like and just wants to feed. Oh also on your 2nd encounter with Milena it bugs out when you say "Wait, i know who you are."

Is there a way to interact with the skylight and the fountain at the moment or are they placeholders for now? I think this tease is quickly becoming my favorite one here. Also how does one go about adding parts of other teases into this one? Would love a guide to that :) Thank you once again for all the work that you put into this.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

spawni wrote:
desertfox wrote:
Is there a way to interact with the skylight and the fountain at the moment or are they placeholders for now? I think this tease is quickly becoming my favorite one here. Also how does one go about adding parts of other teases into this one? Would love a guide to that :) Thank you once again for all the work that you put into this.
Yes! Though it is a few steps away. If you grab the .03 patch that should fix some of the crashes that block it. Essentially you find the skylight, which triggers you an encounter in a field sometime in the future. Once that has gone down you can ask someone about it and that should keep you going.

There is actually some mechanics there that I'm really curious how people are going to take that seem yet to be discovered by anybody. (though it was behind a crash until this morning hehe).

I also am thinking I didn't leave proper breadcrumbs for everything I wanted players to discover here, so it is going to need some tweaking. After the skylight interaction is where the story tapers off for now, but there is a bit to disocver ont he way yet ;)
So, to add teases in, you basically write guideme script engine scripts and drop them into the Mazes/Scripts/random_encounters folder as .scr files (which are just plain text). When the maze starts up it grabs all the files in this directory and randomizes them for encounters. As you walk around you have an increasing chance with each step to go into the next encounter.

In the Mazes/Documents folder I have a template.txt file that I used for dropping in random encounters to have the whole met you before second encounter.

Writing for the script engine is really, really simple. So here is how you would add a very basic 10 slide tease.

You have some images in a folder called GirlA. Inside GirlA are all your pics 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg ... 010.jpg.
1. Put the GirlA folder with pictures into the Mazes/Images/ Directory. Can be any name you want.

2. Create a text file called (anything you want to call it) girla.scr and place it into the Scripts/random_encounters folder.
3. Edit the scr file to write the script. Here is a basic example:

Code: Select all

//This is a comment line

//This include has all of the font styles for people talking i made so far.
Include Scripts/Styles.inc

//Audio folder is where I have dropped audio clips, can be anythign
AudioFolder Audio

//image folder is a link to the folder of pictures you just dropped in the images folder
imgFolder Images/GirlA

//Can set timerStyle normal secret or hidden
timerStyle normal

//Now the most basic of teases
001.jpg, {
Button Continue
This shows image 1 with a button called Continue.\n\n
gt By putting gt in front of it, my style code, it will change the color of this line's text. Great for coloring dialog.
}

002.jpg,10,{
gt There is a delay on this page, after 10 seconds it will go to the one below it.
}

003.jpg,10,60,{
gt There is a delay and metronome on this page. It will display for 10 seconds and have a 60 bpm (1 stroke a second) metronome.
}

004.jpg,10,120, gt Comon stroke it!
005.jpg,10,180, gt Can you handle three times a second?

006.jpg,0,240,{
Button Edged
gt Edge for me! This page won't change because there is zero delay and a 240 bpm metronome. You have to edge to move on!
}

007.jpg,10, gt Rest
008.jpg,10, 180, gt Get back to stroking!
009.jpg,10, 180, gt That's it!
010.jpg,{
Button Leave
gt That's it. Stop. I'm done with you.
} 

//kicks you out back into the maze
exit

That is the most basic of teases, but from there you can do a lot more things like branching using labels. Again if you look at that template.txt and go from there, you basically can load up everything under "Intro:" with what the player sees the first time and "Returning:" with what they see the second time around. There is a variable there "persist_met_katiea" that you can rename to something unique such as your girl name throughout, and that will handle you choosing to first go to the intro or returning label.

Finally, to debug your stuff, and... be really careful here because it can give you some spoilers... If you hit alt + d and go into the 'maze_debug' page it will show you a page with a button for every script. Just find your script and click the button to start it. To reload any changes you make you have to navigate back to the maze_debug page, then go back into your script.

I hope that isn't too bad, it is a little confusing at first but the script engine really makes writing teases go quickly it is easy to get carried away like I did in a bunch of them :)

Some of the other stuff you can add on are triggered_encounters, but those are basically the same as the random encounters except those are my 'story' ones, you can only get into them by defining triggers, which give you specific ways to get into them, and they can set up other triggers inside them to launch other ones. It is like the random encounters except a little more complicated.

Some of the other stuff that you can add in are different image sets for walking around, though I haven't quite settled on a method for how you land in which maze. There are also folders for each maze 'theme' that can contain encounters that only occur on that theme, EG some you might only see in the 'hedge maze' theme. I haven't written anymore themes yet, but its pretty easy to do so.

Each theme can have some different properties, like right now the hedge maze is 25x25 tiles, and has an encounter step of 3, meaning every step your chance of an encounter climbs by 3 %. There is actually a readme in with the maze themes, if you check in Images/maze_themes folder. Again, no way to get to the extra themes but its all in place to work.

Whew, alright I hope that isn't too scary, it is really not bad, all the hooks are in place, just have to drop stuff in and make content.

Am currently trying to expedite the intro... I actually had this nice randomized tease in place for return visits, but had set it up so you never were going to land in that tease unless you succeeded in finding the exit.
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

desertfox wrote:
spawni wrote:Would love to see some more girls with a sly, wicked personality. Since they're Succubi after all and feeding off of you. Though there were a few that didn't seem to care too much about the rules and just wanted their way with you.
Was thinking about this some more and honestly I don't think I know the personality at all, even in real life. But, I bet I could probably write one out and work it in to the maze. Are there any teases or anything that are a really good example of the sly, wicked personality so I can start to understand it?
Well i will go and try to explain a sly.wicked personality:
Keep in mind that this might be completly wrong, but from my understanding a sly, wicked personality is something like this:
i guess the easiest example for this is to take Cock Control:

You know how a Girl/Domme can take your Cock, your arousal and your need against you?
Making you crave an Orgasm so much, that you will do anything for her?
Well my understanding for a sly and wicked personality would be that she totally abuses this and before you know it you are doomed...

At first she might just tease you a little, only delays your Orgasm for an Hour, but after a while she takes your need against you, tricks you into Chastity and there we go, this sly, wicked girl tricked you into Chastity, she has the Keys and now she can start to get really wicked, making you do whatever she wants just to get out of Chastity and sooner or later you will find out that this simple trick gave her total control over you...

This example has nothing to do with your Maze by the way i had not much time to look into it, but it looks fucking awesome!!!

Anyway for your Maze a sly,wicked personality could be something like this:

An Encounter that trys to trick you into failing her are a few examples:

-Making you Hold the Edge a few Times and on a few hold times, she suddenly moans in your ear

-Making you hold the Edge a few Times and after a few holds she suddenly makes you stroke really fast for a few Seconds instead of giving you a break (This may could be to Wicked lol)

-Making you Hold the Edge and while you hold it she shows you a few Cumshots (Picture or a small Video), while she trys to seduce you to simply give in, you know while she makes you watch, she may says things like "Would you not love to Cum all over that pretty Face" "Look at this eager slut she can´t get enough, maybe you should help her out?" in reality she of course just trys to trick you to come for her

A sly, Wicked Personality means nothing else as a Women that uses smart ways to get into your Head and get´s her way with you, even things you usually would not do she would be able to make you do and you wouldn´t realize it until you are already doing it

or how about something more complexe where i don´t even know if it´s possible to do with Guide Me:

An Encounter with some kind of a Trigger:

1.You Encounter her for the First Time, she is totally innocent and just teases you a little bit, but this first Encounter Triggers a switch to make you encounter her multiple times and everytime you encounter her, her innocent appearing get´s more and more dominante, at the first encounter she may say´s things like "Please Stroke for me" and at a later encounter with her she isn´t so nice anymore, instead of saying things she simple commands you, this Encounter may even could have an Bad End, if you Encounter her to many times, she may forces you to Cum and uses this as a kind of contract to make you her Slave forever?

Well now as i wrote this done this hasn´t much to do with an sly,wicked personality, that´s just an random idea...

Oh well whatever more Ideas for the Maze are never bad right? right? right?
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

meowww wrote: ...
This was totally awesome and informative. I think I am actually on the right track with some characters then. I don't want to say too much about what I was thinking though, I want people to discover the story and motivations as they go.

One thing I've been trying to work on with the writing is to make the characters do things and not have them say it. Like, instead of the girl saying "I'm going to wreck your life." she just actually goes ahead and wrecks your life, leaving you to think in your head "wow, that girl just wrecked my life."

My first instinct is to write it the first way, but I'm trying to hopefully leave it the second way as that tends to leave a bigger impact on me when I figure out what kind of character each person is. (Nobody is that well developed in what is here so far though :( )
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Okay patch .04 is up.

This fixes Milena. She was bugged to fuck actually and I had errors all over. I hopefully have them all cleaned up now.

This also adds a more traditional start. You can pick the intro button or "I Walk" to go into an abbreviated introduction. It is much shorter to get through. I'm still making you lose your map on failure and sort of leaving in making you do the intro tease as the only penalty for 'losing' really.

Also fixed up some other random bugs. You should finally be able to access everything (I hope) that is in there right now.

Now, on to more content...
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [ALPHA-RELEASE (.05)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Post by Frozen88 »

I think I found a bug:
When I had to do my penalty edges for Foxy?, the game crashed. I would have zero penalty edges to do.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Frozen88 wrote:I think I found a bug:
When I had to do my penalty edges for Foxy?, the game crashed. I would have zero penalty edges to do.
I think I was trying to get too creative with that one :) Will add it to the list to check, thank you for the report!
spawni
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spawni »

Lovely, as long as i have a template to look at i should be able to connect the dots eventually! Will take a look when i get some time in between the studying. Thanks for the explanation :D
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [ALPHA-RELEASE (.06)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Post by desertfox »

Another patch here, .06. I think I fixed the bug with foxy, maybe, hopefully :)

What I also did here was make the story less likely to break if you fail out and continue through the maze again. In some cases you would do one thing, which would set a trigger for another thing to appear sometime in the future. If you failed out before that happened, you would lose the ability to access the first thing that would set up the future event and you would effectively be locked out.

In this version you should be able to keep your progress going forward regardless of your success or fail in the maze.

Okay and maybe now I can start new content :)
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

A new version :w00t:

:thankyou:
rebekeplex
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rebekeplex »

Hi,

I encountered bug in version 0.6

The story has frozen at the attached page, can anyone fix it ?
Attachments
bug.jpg
bug.jpg (317.97 KiB) Viewed 1727 times