[ALPHA-RELEASE (.09)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [ALPHA-RELEASE (.09)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Post by bobhill »

Tracy Lee wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:41 pm Sorry I`m so late ,but still hope someone to help me ,I use the GuideMe32.3.8 and GuideMe64.3.8 and GuideMe64.0.3.4,but all cant run The MAZES after 1st pages,I dont know why ,plz help
Check out the post just before yours. You need to use version 1.5, up to 1.5.32b will work (that's what I use for it).
Tracy Lee
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tracy Lee »

Thank you ,i will try this
Vanni95
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vanni95 »

Sorry, I am even later, but missed this project when it was a hot topic.

I have downloaded the files from the first post: GM1.5.32b, the Tease itself and the v.09Patch. Also I have edited the start.bat to avoid memory issues.

I am currently trying to make it work, but every time I get stuck after completing the "signing contract" part. If I have understood it right, this is the Mistress.scr. After the "The world blurs with a white light. Michelle fades from view" I receive a page saying "default text". I figured out that this comes from line 95 of the Mazes.xml.

Is there anything obvious I do not see? Any ideas to make it run?

Thanks in advance
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Vanni95 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:04 pm Sorry, I am even later, but missed this project when it was a hot topic.

I have downloaded the files from the first post: GM1.5.32b, the Tease itself and the v.09Patch. Also I have edited the start.bat to avoid memory issues.

I am currently trying to make it work, but every time I get stuck after completing the "signing contract" part. If I have understood it right, this is the Mistress.scr. After the "The world blurs with a white light. Michelle fades from view" I receive a page saying "default text". I figured out that this comes from line 95 of the Mazes.xml.

Is there anything obvious I do not see? Any ideas to make it run?

Thanks in advance
Hello, would like to try to help a bit but it's been a long time since I've looked at it. I just did a quick test and unzipped the zip i had and also overwrote it with the patch and ran it here and it did get into the maze. After you see that message you should be kicked back out of the mistress.scr to mazes.xml and enter the 'maze_init' page, which is where you are seeing the default text message. What should have happened is you are then pushed on to maze_main page where you can navigate, or if encountering you are pushed to the 'scriptengine' page, which plays the scr files.

Did you make sure when you patched that the mazes.xml file got updated, as that sits outside the mazes directory so it's possible you are are missing that, though I'm not sure that would give you the bug.

What you can do is bring up the debug page and jump to maze_main after it says default text, but I have a feeling you'll get the same issue when you run into an encounter. I'm not sure why the override.setPage() function's not moving you around though.

Maybe it could be your system version of java you have that is affecting what is allowed. I still have java 1.8 on my machine so maybe installing an older version and launching with that might do the trick as well.

Good luck!
Vanni95
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vanni95 »

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I did not have luck so far.

Your comment about java versions made me try to do some research. First of all I discovered that I have never installed a JRE on my system (windows 10 64bit). From looking in the start.bat I guess it has used the JAVA subdirectory within the GuideMe-folder.

As I remember security policies for java became stricter and stricter I believe my system is something blocking by default. So I installed the current version of java 1.8.0_271 (the 32bit version - as I guess this would fit best to 1.15.32b). In the control panel I added "file:/" to the site exceptions list in order to avoid any security blockings. And finally I updated the start.bat so that it uses the newly installed JRE.

Code: Select all

path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271\bin";./GuideMe_lib
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2
Unfortunately this does not change anything.
What you can do is bring up the debug page and jump to maze_main after it says default text, but I have a feeling you'll get the same issue when you run into an encounter. I'm not sure why the override.setPage() function's not moving you around though.
I have tried that also, but this only pushes me to a site which is displaying the text "An Endless Maze..."

I then focussed on the Mazes.xml". (And yes I am quite sure that I have patched all files with v.09.) - From my beginner's level perspective it looks like as all the JavaScript parts do not work. - Is it possible that I need to enable active scripting in my systems "Internet options"? - I will try that next.

Any other ideas are welcome!
Vanni95
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vanni95 »

btw: the Java Script Engine from Debug reports the following error message:

JavaScriptError line 2657 column 0 Source null error Wrapped java.lang.NullPointerException (script#2657)
Update:
I have tried a few more JRE versions.

With 1.1.8_045 from 2015 I once got instead of "default text" a page saying:
"Encountered a "return" command without a "goSub" command near script line 578
With a button remember to use the syntax
Button Label, gosub Target."
with an "OK" button.
After clicking the button it ended with "An Endless Maze" - but this does not seem be reproducable
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

Vanni95 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:56 am As I remember security policies for java became stricter and stricter I believe my system is something blocking by default. So I installed the current version of java 1.8.0_271 (the 32bit version - as I guess this would fit best to 1.15.32b). In the control panel I added "file:/" to the site exceptions list in order to avoid any security blockings. And finally I updated the start.bat so that it uses the newly installed JRE.

path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271\bin";./GuideMe_lib
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2
I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but the batch file should reference the java subdirectory under GM 1.5, not your main java directory. See this post.

Also, you might get more help if you post in the main GM thread, as the issue seems to be with your GM setup. I don't have the knowledge to help, but others in that thread may be able to direct you. :yes: