[ALPHA-RELEASE (.09)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [ALPHA-RELEASE (.09)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Post by desertfox »

Awesome! Sorry you got stuck for 3 hours, or, maybe I'm not sorry! ;)

I just glanced in the Scripts/random_encounters file and the caseyconnelly.scr looks like a good, slightly branching encounter to use as a template. Just copy it and delete out all the stuff in between.

I have a few extra stuff going on in mine, like I have the "Include Scripts/Styles.inc" which is just a bunch of colors to use for people. That is on each line you might see it start with "gt" which sets the color. I have "gt" and "gt2" defined for 'general tease' 1 and 2, basically the people i'm not planning on doing a lot of story with that don't need their own font.

I also have a template I use to start the encounters also but for some reason I can't attach it. I think the code preview is messed up but here it is anyway. The flags I set aren't really that important, was just doing it to be uniform in case i ever did have a reason to keep track of whom you've failed with and all that.
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

//set flags
//persist_met_katiea
//persist_cum_failed_katiea

//-------------ACTOR COLORS---------------------------
Include Scripts/Styles.inc

AudioFolder Audio
imgFolder Images/KatieA
timerStyle normal

ifNotSet persist_met_katiea goto Intro
goto Returning

CumFailedReturn:
	unset persist_cum_failed_katiea
	kar006_facetouch.jpg, {
		Button Continue
		gt I can still feel your hot cum splashing all over me baby. I can't believe you are back!
	}
return

Intro:
	set persist_met_katiea
	intro.jpg, {
		Button Approach
		Your vision clears. This appears to be some sort of outdoor patio. A light breeze swirls through the room.\n\n
		You feel compelled to step past the curtains to a balcony overlooking the mountains.
	}

exit

Returning:
	ifSet persist_cum_failed_katiea goSub CumFailedReturn

intro.jpg, {
		Button Approach
		Your vision clears. This appears to be some sort of outdoor patio. A light breeze swirls through the room.\n\n
		You feel compelled to step past the curtains to a balcony overlooking the mountains.
	}

exit

//************************************************************
//         CUM FAILURE
//************************************************************
CumFail:

//CHECK FOR ACCIDENTS
	RemoveButton Edged
	RemoveButton I Came
	", { 
		Button No. An Accident!, Return
		Button Yes. I Came
		gt Did you really just cum?
	}

kar063_edge.jpg, {
		Button Continue
	}

set persist_cum_failed_katiea

goto maze_cum_fail
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

Haha! Yes, it was fun, but better after I realized I could quit and resume. I am looking forward to trying to start pursuing the rituals. :-)

Thanks for the script. I have read through several of the random encounter scripts and they are very helpful! Unfortunately, a few are unformatted, like the code you pasted, but there are plenty of formatted ones, also! You are really creative on the dialogue and on the path development of return encounters. I am starting simple and hope to make some more complex stories to add in! I should have one or two complete soon! :yes:
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Awesome, thank you!

It might just be that your editor you are using might not be reading regular unix style line breaks rather than windows one. Not sure sometimes which type ends up in the files. You might want to try something like sublime text 3 or notepad++ if you are on windows and you should be able to open up and read all of the files.

I need to get back into it here and finish off the 'part 2' I have planned. Need to dig and find that motivation, too many distractions !
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

Motivation :clap: :clap2: :bow: :clap2: :clap:

I love your work. Maybe I try a random encounter myself again. But I don't know if I can match the quality for this fantastic tease.
spawni
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spawni »

Woop! By far the best tease here. :smile: Good luck in search of your motivation! :bow:
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I am getting stalled out on the writing as I open things up and stare at the screen a lot. I will get it finished at some point, I want to finish it up to a certain point for sure.

I haven't updated for the latest guideme, I think it needs a fix in the script engine part of it and not sure if playfulguy has done anything with that yet, but if I do get to the release for 2 I'll make sure it'll poke through it and do the fixes, I think it is just a few things here or there.
RagingRaven
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by RagingRaven »

geforceguy01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 pm Unfortunatlely, Random Mazes won't run in either original GuideMe or GuideMe 3 no matter what patches I use. Since Random Mazes seems to be a completed project, can an updated and patched version for GuideMe 3 be posted?
I tried Random Mazes for the first time a few days ago and had a problem with it crashing after pressing either button on the first page (saying no script was loaded). Based on the release notes of GuideMe 0.3.1, I found that on line 63 in ScriptEngine.js "length()" is used to get somethings length, but it needed to be changed to just "length" (without the parentheses). After that, I'm now able to get into the rest of the tease. I haven't been able to do a full playthrough yet, so I don't know if something else might break later on, but for now it seems to be working.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

RagingRaven wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:17 pm
geforceguy01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 pm Unfortunatlely, Random Mazes won't run in either original GuideMe or GuideMe 3 no matter what patches I use. Since Random Mazes seems to be a completed project, can an updated and patched version for GuideMe 3 be posted?
I tried Random Mazes for the first time a few days ago and had a problem with it crashing after pressing either button on the first page (saying no script was loaded). Based on the release notes of GuideMe 0.3.1, I found that on line 63 in ScriptEngine.js "length()" is used to get somethings length, but it needed to be changed to just "length" (without the parentheses). After that, I'm now able to get into the rest of the tease. I haven't been able to do a full playthrough yet, so I don't know if something else might break later on, but for now it seems to be working.
It's going to break :( At the ending for certain, not sure other places. Found a few more areas it went wrong and I realized I'd have to go back and do A LOT of testing to make sure everything works, which I wasn't prepared for. I'll get my version of guideme that it works in zipped up and up on mega tonight so you guys can download that and at least have it working.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Updated the first post to a link to the version of guideme I've been running on my PC.

Whenever I do release an update it will continue the story of what is there so far, I never really finished what I wanted in mind. It adds a new location that gets generated in every maze at a random location that can be accessed with a ritual you should have if you've worked through what is there currently.

I might add in a 'fast forward' button to get you set up as though you had progressed through the stuff already, though I'm hoping you should be able to just dump the newer guide on top of your old on and have it working.

I won't be updating for guideme 3.0 until playfulguy gets an opportunity to get the script engine updated, and I think hes also got a lot of other stuff done he hasn't posted yet, so I figure that the next update he drops I'll have to recheck everything anyway and that'll be a good time to kill two birds with one stone. GM 3.0 not offering too much more over the past versions (if anything I miss out on the awesome debugging).

That said I'm going to finish up one of these scripts tonight gosh darn it.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

geforceguy01 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:51 am desertfox - No pressure. What you propose is sensible, esp. if GM3 is still being debugged 'n' stuff. But as long as any future Random Mazes continues in the tradition of the original, it'll be a winner. On the subject, I think the most impressive aspect of Random Mazes aka The Maze was how you used the plant maze images so effectively to convey a sense of place and movement between the girls locations. By choosing the right kind of maze pictures, the effect was like a commercial 3d game. Plus, I recall the sound FX contributing to the effect of virtual reality. All this in addition to the girls and challenges. It's why this Tease remains a classic and why last year I was determined to keep updated about Milovana so as to join it if possible.

Maybe I'll install your version of old GM and give Random Mazes another go. Assuming it won't crash or interfere with GM3 that I'm playing Maze of Passion 2 on.

:whistle:
Yeah you can keep all the guideme's in their own directory and they don't interfere at all, you can even keep your teases in a 3rd directory if you wanted to as well. I have several versions of guideme all side by side in their folders and have had no issues.

I actually made it so that you can change out those maze 'theme' sets very easily, but ended up wanting to dole them out along with the story. I wanted to randomize the maze theme you go into but I realized without content to back up each theme it wouldn't really provide any kind of experience, so as I write more content, you might or might not see more maze themes ;)
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

Any news or new found motivation desertfox? :blush:
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

I have written some random encounters for anyone interested.

For each zip, download file and extract on top of your main "Mazes" folder. It adds to the Audio, Images, and Scripts subfolders.

First zip includes 8 random encounters. Download here.

Second, I created a Random Encounter that is a random slideshow, where the user can select a category of slides, or random across categories. I added multiple copies of the script to the Random Encounters folder, to increase the frequency that the slideshow is selected. You can add/delete per your preference: go to Guides/Mazes/Mazes/Scripts/random_encounters folder and add/delete "Jackie#.scr", where # is a number value. The zip is pre-loaded with 7 copies. If you want to add more, copy/rename one of the files with a # value, not the main script (Jackie.scr). Also, you can add or substitute your own pics in Mazes/Images/Slides/[Category] subfolders. Slideshow is here.

I have tried to thoroughly debug, but have probably missed some issues. Please let me know if anyone finds anything.
reddestiny
Explorer
Explorer

Post by reddestiny »

bobhill wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:35 pm I have written some random encounters for anyone interested.

For each zip, download file and extract on top of your main "Mazes" folder. It adds to the Audio, Images, and Scripts subfolders.

First zip includes 8 random encounters. Download here.

Second, I created a Random Encounter that is a random slideshow, where the user can select a category of slides, or random across categories. I added multiple copies of the script to the Random Encounters folder, to increase the frequency that the slideshow is selected. You can add/delete per your preference: go to Guides/Mazes/Mazes/Scripts/random_encounters folder and add/delete "Jackie#.scr", where # is a number value. The zip is pre-loaded with 7 copies. If you want to add more, copy/rename one of the files with a # value, not the main script (Jackie.scr). Also, you can add or substitute your own pics in Mazes/Images/Slides/[Category] subfolders. Slideshow is here.

I have tried to thoroughly debug, but have probably missed some issues. Please let me know if anyone finds anything.
Very interesting. :smile:
But it was too hard. (Suzi is tough.)
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Ohh exciting stuff! Going to check it out, and going to try to do a few things today on the maze.

I have not had a lot of motivation to make too many things and have been into doing the VR hypnosis composition things when the mood strikes me, but I do want to get this thing done or at least to a point the next 'chapter' is releasable. Will try to work a bit on some this weekend!
spawni
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spawni »

@bobhill Thanks! I quite liked these, they fit with the theme of the tease as well. :-)

@desertfox That's great! So glad to hear that. :-D