[ALPHA-RELEASE (.09)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [ALPHA-RELEASE (.09)][GuideMe] Random Mazes

Post by Frozen88 »

There is an exit.
As mentioned earlier, in my actual round i found it after 30 minutes :D

Not every encounter changes, but some also only change after some events or at random.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by desertfox »

lestrian wrote:
desertfox wrote:I do have a vague end state in mind
hold on, is there not an ending? (i haven't read the rest of your post or the post above where you talked about mechanics since i want to avoid spoilers)

i'm absolutely loving the content so far. heather and the new jenya stuff especially. i've played for three days and i've explored about half of the maze. i've reached a few of the landmarks but i've still not found any way of making them interact with each other or how to find the exit. i have to say that the maze is way too large and/or there is not enough content yet. if you want it to be large you might as well add all the encounters from iana's/bree's/talia's mazes. it's pretty boring to get the same encounters over and over (at least those that don't change when you get them again).
As frozen said, there is an exit, so you can get through the maze and have an end sequence. His timing for 30 min or so was what I got on a few demo runs, which is where I left the numbers for maze size + encounter frequency. However I didn't play test it looking for every nook and cranny and I imagine the random encounters can become tedious with only about 13ish or so of them in there.

I really need to replay heather, I made it a few months ago and I forget what went on in there, but I must have done something right.

So, there may be slight spoilers in the file, but if you look for the 'themes.xml' file, I believe it is images/maze themes or something (forget off the top of my head). But you can open that up and find the Hedge Maze theme and change the size from default (which is 25x25) to whatever you want. The other one to look at is encounter_step, which is defaulted to 3.

Encounter step is basically the % increase for each step you take. First step you have a 3% chance to encounter, second you have 6%, then 9% and so on. Lowering that will also let you walk farther with less encounters. Currently I'm doing my debugging on a 5x5 maze to find everything really fast.

Another alternative is to just abort out of a repeated tease via the alt + d menu and go back to maze_main page. I tried to add randomization to some of the teases but it's not enough for everything.

I was going to keep adding more teases from the other mazes but it was just a question of time and motivation, it still takes an hour or two to convert them over, add an alternative path (some shorter than others) and test everything out to make sure it works. The last thing I was doing before final debugging/ordering was porting the teases over and building out the random encounters.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Frozen88 wrote:May I ask what you are planning to add in the future?
I have so much fun with your game. I consider to contribute an own encounter, but I'm not sure if it'll be good enough, especially with my bad english.
I was totally hoping people would want to add to it! I think I want to keep the story part of it on personal lock down for the moment, butI think you will enjoy some of the things I have in mind so it'll be way better to play it through it and discover, at least if you like the theme/lore I'm going with so far.

That said there is totally room for more and more random encounters. The more the merrier. I think I want to stick with the theme right now of keeping the teases in the softcore genera. If anybody wants to do some of the intense styles of teases, what I can do is try to figure out the guideme preferences and have it take those into account when picking some encounters. I've been leaving hardcore out of it as well just for story reasons and I sort of like the keeping that as an ace up my sleeve if I want to suddenly escalate during 'story' mode.

But yeah, I wanted to port a bunch of brees/iana/thalia's maze stuff over I just ran of time (and a few of the models I have in mind as 'main actors' that I haven't written yet). You could also build out any random encounter too without issue if you had another picset from someone there already or just build new ones.

At some point I'm going to randomize the maze theme but I have a few more things to do so it'll be a while and isn't worth making new themes yet.

Also any other ideas for things shoot me a PM or whatever and I can say if it would step on anything I had planned to do. Most of the time I spent at this was writing the mechanics of getting it all working together, and I think it is in a really good spot to just start building out content, so any script engine teases anybody would write for random encounters would fit in really easily.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

lestrian wrote:is there any risk my savefile would break if i apply the patch?
If you want to be paranoid, look in the data subfolder of your main Guideme folder and make a copy of the Mazes.state file. This is the file Guideme uses to save your progress in the tease. While testing my own projects making a backup of that file has saved my butt more times than I can remember.

@Desertfox - I did a bunch of work on the script engine over the long weekend (it was Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada) and made some great progress. You're going to love some of the new features.

While I was at it I dug into the performance issue while loading a larger tease. My testing file is pushing 600 lines and I was also noticing a real lag when it loads. Anyway, long story short, I've been wondering for a while what kind of impact all those jscriptLog() calls have on the performance. As a test I went through the loadScript() function and commented out all but the ones that report errors and it made a dramatic difference on the load time. Like cut it to one quarter of what it was. Based on that I went through the rest of the engine and commented out most of the others as well. The performance all around seems to be much improved.

I hope to release a new script engine version soon, but in the meantime if you go through the one you're using and comment out all the logging stuff you should find it makes a big difference.

Cheers

PG
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

ok i'm a bit stumped now...
Spoiler: show
so i've finally explored the entire (25x25) maze. i've got one ritual, "SMFRLN" and i've found all the different landmarks. i don't want to go through the exit yet before i figure out this ritual stuff. am i supposed to be able to figure out how to use the ritual by now? or am i maybe supposed to go through the exit first, or meet with anneli first (i've refused to meet with her again after the first time)? are there more rituals i would've been able to get so far?

it seems pretty obvious that the rune "P" symbol means edge, since the symbol is seen at the end of steph's tease and on toxic's house. the "<" rune probably means rest for 20 seconds since that's all that goes on in foxi's house, but i can't find the arrow runes anywhere. (the clearing indicates there is another rune "B" which means 60bpm but it's not in my ritual.) there are two places where it seems you can use the rune: the wheelbarrow and the fountain. but translating the ritual is confusing to me. it seems the different runes can be chained together in unintuitive ways. i would've assumed given the information i have that my ritual should be translated as "edge x 5, something, rest 20 seconds, something, rest 20 seconds" or possibly with two 20 second edge holds but any way i try to input that fails.

btw please tell me there is not a special event when you have explored the entire maze... i have only one square uncovered but i used an older save to go check that it didn't contain a landmark and then went back to my newer save.
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

As I know there is no special event for exploring the whole maze.

I think 3 rituals are implemented until now.
To get the second you must first translate the first ritual and do something with it.

If you leave the maze, your ritual progress isn't lost.

If you want a tip for translating the first ritual:
You know this ritual
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

thanks for the hints!
i can't think of what the ritual might be for now so i guess i'm heading for the exit. if i leave through the exit, can i then not return to the maze? i'm guessing the game allows a second playthrough or something. and if i do a second playthrough, will it be possible to change the size of the new maze with the config file trick desertfox mentioned? i don't want to do another 25x25 maze. and finally, is it possible to meet with anneli again without cumming or having to leave the maze?
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

You can enter the Maze again after leaving.
As Hint: Go rested to the Exit ;)

Without changing something at the code, I know no way of changing the size.
But if desertfox says, this method works, it should work.

You can meet Anneli without cumming, even the first time, but I wouldn't recommend trying this after doing a lot of encounters/edges.

Because of the Ritual:
The Exit and starting again may be a good idea for remembering the ritual/translation :whistle:
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

I have a feeling frozen might have a better grasp of what's going on in the maze than I do at this point ;) also I'm having to slow down due to home fun, the kind you need insurance for so it'll be a bit before I can get fully back into it.

You can change the size if you find the themes.xml file and in the hedge maze area change the x and you sizes off default to a number you want like 10 and 10. Next time in the maze will be that size.
You are confirming my thoughts about the hint at foxy being slightly confusing about the meaning, but as frozen said try to pay attention in the beginning.

Anneli arrives every straight hour in the maze. It was my way of tempting you into failing out after you get in that sort of enraged I've been edging for an hour already state. Wasn't sure if she was effective but tease was based a bit off awesome comp 2 that had her in a similar position and I really liked it.

Ritual hints are a bit fuzzy I didn't get to lay down every hint I wanted to. Also the way they chain is a bit weird because I was figuring out a way to have them autoplay when you perform it. It's built off a string of comma separated runes and plays through it so I can build any sequence I can think of. I still had to photos hop in the pictures though hehe.

I dropped too obscure a hint of the rune news, they aren't too important but they are the runes of brittiania from the Ultima games.
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

Can we expect a new update soon? :whistle: :love:
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

It might be a bit. :(

I have a bunch done actually, though I'm currently distracted by a pet project, I am trying to put together a vr video compilation over top an erotic hypnosis type file.

Once that is done it'll be back to the maze stuff which is pretty blocked out just need to fill it in. Have some teases that may be overly long but, eh :)
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

Nice to hear :-)

too long? too hard?
Then we will lose and try again :whistle:
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Ha, yeah it's funny u never can gage if it's actually hard or not on a tease. There was only one I played that I lost by accident, maybe it was happy edging? But it had you have to pound out a lot of edges in a really short time window and it was real easy to mess up. Otherwise it was just about self control, which I think is why I have a bunch of spots where tlyou are asked if you really want to keep this up and hey, just let go right now.

I hope by summer time I have another chapter done, so far I'm through all my life obstacles and back to normal so I have time to do fun projects again.
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kristycookie »

I've been playing this a lot lately and would love to see an update.

Keep up the good work :)
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

Hi - I recently found this and it is amazing!! Great job desertfox! I will say I didn't know you could quit and restart, so I ended up playing for 3 hours at first! :yes:

I also downloaded the Scripting Engine and am working on some Random Encounters to add. I haven't coded in a while, so I am getting up to speed. Reading through scripts you have written has helped a lot! I doubt it will be fast, but I will post when I have some encounters to add.