Virtual Dom initial discussion

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Notay
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Virtual Dom initial discussion

Post by Notay »

Project has been stopped until further notice.
See post by q55x8x: viewtopic.php?p=209086#p209086
Spoiler: show
I am in the process of building a program very similar to the great TeaseAI by 1885. I plan to open source once I get a solid foundation. (C#)
It is being built from the ground up, so I can maintain and update it better.

I want to start a discussion about things that you think could be done better or different.

Here are my current high priority goals:
  • Get to a similar feature set as TeaseAI 47.
  • More robust. The program should never crash.
  • Better image tagging. The program will not limit what tags are available.
  • Script validation. It will tell you upfront if you are missing something the script requires, or if the script has errors.
  • Less random script picker. Scripts with more complexity and scripts that have ran less, will be more likely to be picked next.
  • Multi screen support. I would like to have my images full screened with chat on my other screen. Like GuideMe does.
Because of design decisions, VDom is going to have a different scripting language and folder structure. I plan to make a converter, to convert a whole TeaseAI persona. Providing it will still be of use by the time I get to it.
Once I iron out the design, I will post some scripting examples to get feedback. (few days)
Last edited by Notay on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Virtual Dom initial discussion

Post by someone43 »

Why not expand or work with an existing program like SexScripts http://ss.deviatenow.com/scripts.php?
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
Notay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Notay »

SexScript scripts look to be ran separately like teases hosted here on Milovana.
Where TeaseAI and VDom the scripts are designed to work together. More scripts just makes the whole tease bigger and more varied.

I will look in to it more.
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

Personally I think you should ask for 1885's permission before making a script converter..

Also knowing how much 1885 has put into Tease AI it does seem quite bad to essentially copy his idea and make something that will directly compete with it, even if the goal is to improve it.
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

Notay wrote:SexScript scripts look to be ran separately like teases hosted here on Milovana.
Where TeaseAI and VDom the scripts are designed to work together. More scripts just makes the whole tease bigger and more varied.

I will look in to it more.

Agreeing with "more scripts" thought, just concerned that another program will dilute the contributer base if the scripting is in different languages and not cross compatible with other programs. If VDom works together with TeaseAI, then it may solve a few concerns.
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
Godville
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Godville »

Go-go! I support you! Need more different programs.
Notay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Notay »

Mat wrote:Personally I think you should ask for 1885's permission before making a script converter..

Also knowing how much 1885 has put into Tease AI it does seem quite bad to essentially copy his idea and make something that will directly compete with it, even if the goal is to improve it.
I just want a solid TeaseAI like experience. I would rather work with 1885 then against him.
I can defiantly ask before making the converter, it will be good month before I get to it anyways. If TeaseAI is updated more, I will try my best to make the converter go both ways. (So you could convert VDom scripts to TeaseAI)

someone43 wrote:... just concerned that another program will dilute the contributer base if the scripting is in different languages and not cross compatible with other programs. If VDom works together with TeaseAI, then it may solve a few concerns.
One of my reasons for a different language is to help expand the contributor base. By making the language more fluent, we can attract people that write general teases or stories.
dbt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dbt »

I think you're moving in the right direction.

TeaseAI is really awesome, but it seems to have stalled due to waiting for an update.

If you do go ahead with this, one thing that seems like it would be useful is a gauge of how well the person is holding up & modifying behavior based on that. The program can tell based on whether you're edging when not told to OR edging very quickly when told to and could decide whether to cool you down or really get nasty in response. This would add another level of interaction.
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Post by mangoman »

You should make it more user friendly. I don't see any new big scripts for TeaseAI and it became boring for me because of it. It should be easy to handle like Milovana is.
Drblaze2
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Drblaze2 »

Just a quick thought, 1885 was thinking of getting a card game done that would involve the Contacts. I loved the idea, and I loved Risky Pick. Would Virtual Dom include things like games?
Notay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Notay »

dbt wrote:one thing that seems like it would be useful is a gauge of how well the person is holding up & modifying behavior based on that. The program can tell based on whether you're edging when not told to OR edging very quickly when told to and could decide whether to cool you down or really get nasty in response.
That is a good idea. It will be possible, but may take some time to get it to work right. Also have similar behavior when you get soft.
paswis wrote:You should make it more user friendly. I don't see any new big scripts for TeaseAI and it became boring for me because of it. It should be easy to handle like Milovana is.
This is definitely something I would like to do. But will take quite some time before it gets as easy as Milovana.

Drblaze2 wrote:Just a quick thought, 1885 was thinking of getting a card game done that would involve the Contacts. I loved the idea, and I loved Risky Pick. Would Virtual Dom include things like games?
Yes I would like to include games. They will after foundational pieces are done.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

I would love to see the possibility to have a timer set for "write line" tasks to spice them up a bit....right now in tease AI you simply have to write down something a few times in a row....but, honestly, without having to write it in a hurry due to a timer, you can't fail these tasks right now, unless you do it on purpose...which makes the whole writing tasks pretty boring.
Having to complete them in X amount of time would spice them up, oblige you to write as fast as possible, thus making more mistakes and making the overall experience much funnier.

Another thing i'd love to see implemented would be a better use of the glitter contacts....i have a script, for ex (a modification of an existing script from swiss personality), where the mistress call in her friends to tease you.
As tease ai is working now, it is hard to make too much with the glitter friends....but it would be awesome to be able to write even complete modules for them and make them interrupt randomly (or under specific triggers) the usual flow of a session.
Something like, during your session a friend contact the mistress and suggests her to make you do something....or the mistress that asks to her friends suggestion on how to go on with the tease, or how to punish you....or even the mistress that decides that she wants one of ther friend to tease you for some time (in this case, the pics shown in the tease should switch to one of the friend gallery untill her "tease moment" is over, then revert to the domme gallery)
DrPain
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DrPain »

This could be absolutely great, Notav. I hear what people are saying about their concerns re 1885's initial work, but I think if you are concentrating on a program that compliments Tease AI then there isn't an issue. And as you say, 1885 hasn't been around for a long while so perhaps he wouldn't mind someone creating a system where his programming could work elsewhere. As I mentioned in my other link, feel free to PM me to discuss ways to support.
Notay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Notay »

Out of respect to 1885, I am stopping this project.
See the post by q55x8x: viewtopic.php?p=209086#p209086

Hopefully these ideas can be used in TeaseAI when it continues.