Tease AI Bug Report Thread

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Tease AI Bug Report Thread

Post by 1885 »

Hello peoples,

As the development on Tease AI has progressed, the official beta thread has grown considerably. This has made good bug tracking somewhat difficult on my part. Sometimes reported bugs would get lost in the commotion, and users didn't have good a way to see what bugs had already been reported or check on their progress. Getting a handle on new and lingering bugs is huge part of the Tease AI roadmap moving forward, so I'm creating this thread for any and all bug reports. I've gotten the go ahead to get it stickied and will remain up top with the Open Beta thread for maximum visibility.

If you find a bug with Tease AI, please use this thread to post it. The more information you can provide, the more helpful it will be in getting to the root of the problem. Try to include information like:

- What patch you're currently using
- What Personality you were using at the time
- What was happening at the time you noticed the bug
- The crash report, if you received one
- Whether you've replicated the bug on subsequent playthroughs

You don't need to have any set amount of information to report a bug, so if you don't have much information that's okay. The more information the better, but I'll do what I can to help you either way.

I'm going to monitor this thread regularly, and keep the OP updated with the reports I receive throughout the thread in as concise a manner as possible. This way it will be easy to look at the front page at a glance and see if your problem has been reported. Don't be afraid to second a bug or provide more information, the whole point is just to get as many resources out there as possible and make them easy to use.

If you posted a bug in the Open Beta thread that was never resolved, please post it again here as this will be the sole thread for Tease AI bug reporting.

Known Bugs - List Updated 9/14

- Program can crash if user asks to stop during the End script

- Various Glitter aspects are still buggy, including when a new Contact joins the room and when the Glitter app runs a script using old Command Filters

- Boobs, Butts and Bullbusting Module is unstable and needs to be re-wrriten with current Commands

- Playing Match Game can cause Out of Memory Exception
Last edited by 1885 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
english-gent
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Tease AI Bug Report Thread

Post by english-gent »

Firstly, amazing work with this program!

I've had a little play with it and am struggling with a few things...

Should it save the settings each time? It seems a bit difficult adding all the links to photos etc each time? Every time I open the program it is in the 'default' state.

When I get to a stroking bit, an error pops up about not being able to find the metronome.

When I try to add a url, the bar goes across, seeming to add about 60 pictures, then tease AI crashes.

When I press 'suspend' it seems to work, but when I go to 'resume' it says it can't find the saved file.

I'm using patch 44, with both the wickedtease and the wickedtease_png, on a windows 10 laptop. Most of these problems are probably user error!
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

english-gent wrote:Firstly, amazing work with this program!
I've had a little play with it and am struggling with a few things...
Should it save the settings each time? It seems a bit difficult adding all the links to photos etc each time? Every time I open the program it is in the 'default' state.
When I get to a stroking bit, an error pops up about not being able to find the metronome.
When I try to add a url, the bar goes across, seeming to add about 60 pictures, then tease AI crashes.
When I press 'suspend' it seems to work, but when I go to 'resume' it says it can't find the saved file.
I'm using patch 44, with both the wickedtease and the wickedtease_png, on a windows 10 laptop. Most of these problems are probably user error!
Settings should definitely be saved each time, something may be wrong with your installation.

Do you get the gray screen every time you start the program asking you to review and agree to the terms? If you get that screen every time, that's the best indication that your settings aren't being saved properly.

I don't have any experience with Windows 10, I don't know if there's anything about it that doesn't play well with Tease AI. Assuming that's not it, is your directory installed so that it looks like [Root directory with Tease AI.exe]\Scripts\Wicked Tease\[Various folders including Stroke, Modules, etc]?

Do you have the file Tease AI Metronome.exe in the same directory with Tease AI.exe?

Can you do a windows search for the file "SavedState.txt" and see if if it's located in [Root directory with Tease AI.exe]\System, and if not can you tell me where it's located?

If you can answer some of these we might be able to narrow down the problem
tBone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tBone »

Found a bug with new Reset button. If she says you can cum, then you hit reset; she will say to cum after every edge.
MyFreeCams: Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing!

Protip: Use https://mega.co.nz/ for uploads.
Won't need to upload it anywhere else because it doesn't have the shitty restrictions all the others have. Besides emp, some people like seeding there, so keep that.
english-gent
Explorer
Explorer

Post by english-gent »

Settings should definitely be saved each time, something may be wrong with your installation.

Do you get the gray screen every time you start the program asking you to review and agree to the terms? If you get that screen every time, that's the best indication that your settings aren't being saved properly.

I don't have any experience with Windows 10, I don't know if there's anything about it that doesn't play well with Tease AI. Assuming that's not it, is your directory installed so that it looks like [Root directory with Tease AI.exe]\Scripts\Wicked Tease\[Various folders including Stroke, Modules, etc]?

Do you have the file Tease AI Metronome.exe in the same directory with Tease AI.exe?

Can you do a windows search for the file "SavedState.txt" and see if if it's located in [Root directory with Tease AI.exe]\System, and if not can you tell me where it's located?

If you can answer some of these we might be able to narrow down the problem
Sorry to be such a pain!

I've downloaded the program again, and checked that all the directories are in the right place. But it's still not remembering my settings (although I'm not getting the 'warning' message every time'

The metronome isn't working, and when I try the glitter one, it say metronome.wav is not in the folder audio/system. I haven't even got a audio folder!

Good news however, the 'suspend' 'resume' is working. My download didn't have a 'System' folder, so I created one, and it saved the savedstate.txt there.
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

english-gent wrote:Sorry to be such a pain!
I've downloaded the program again, and checked that all the directories are in the right place. But it's still not remembering my settings (although I'm not getting the 'warning' message every time'
The metronome isn't working, and when I try the glitter one, it say metronome.wav is not in the folder audio/system. I haven't even got a audio folder!
Good news however, the 'suspend' 'resume' is working. My download didn't have a 'System' folder, so I created one, and it saved the savedstate.txt there.
It sounds like you might be just running Tease AI with a patch and personalities without having installed the base program first. Can you download the base program here ( https://mega.nz/#!udMyEArS!aVw5N1pSmabE ... E5L_hGkhQc ) and extract it to your Tease AI directory (overwrite everything when prompted) and let me know what happens?

(Also don't forget to put the sounds to the Audio folder. Sounds can be downloaded from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!3ZlgGBDJ!IxPCs8cOM ... t2fMifW98Y)
tBone wrote:Found a bug with new Reset button. If she says you can cum, then you hit reset; she will say to cum after every edge.
Thanks for catching it, I'll add it to the OP. I should be able to use my work with the suspend and resume states to get the Reset feature fixed and a little more stable, probably by the next patch.
english-gent
Explorer
Explorer

Post by english-gent »

1885 wrote:It sounds like you might be just running Tease AI with a patch and personalities without having installed the base program first. Can you download the base program here ( https://mega.nz/#!udMyEArS!aVw5N1pSmabE ... E5L_hGkhQc ) and extract it to your Tease AI directory (overwrite everything when prompted) and let me know what happens?

(Also don't forget to put the sounds to the Audio folder. Sounds can be downloaded from here: [url]https://mega.co.nz/#!3ZlgGBDJ!IxPCs8cOM ... t2fMifW98Y
Downloaded and unzipped, (before I've put the script/sounds in) and this is what is in the folder....
Folders.jpg
Folders.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 24584 times
As you can see, there's no system, audio or sounds folder. I could copy the sounds folder in, but it doesn't have the metronome in.

I really appreciate your help with this!
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

english-gent wrote:Downloaded and unzipped, (before I've put the script/sounds in) and this is what is in the folder....
Okay, I have no idea why this happens but there's been a few cases before where people will extract the archive but it doesn't extract everything. Seems to only happen on Windows 8 and up. Have you tried using WinRar to extract the file? That usually works for people who have this problem. If it works correctly, you should have the folders Audio, Chatlogs, Images, Scripts, System and Video in your Tease AI directory. The Sounds file for Tease AI should be extracted to Audio\System.

If WinRar doesn't work, you can try creating the folders manually. Just make sure that the Images folder contains two folders, names System and Session Images. You do have an Images folder, so make sure that Images\System contains the following items:

A folder named URL Files
Black.jpg
LargeBack.png
NoLocalImagesFound.jpg
NoPreview.png
NoURLFilesSelected.jpg
SmallBack.png

Try just using WinRAR first, and if that doesn't work try adding the folders manually. Let me know how that goes, and if it still doesn't work I'll see what we need to do from there.
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the other thread, it's more that the Wicked Tease response files need altering..

When saying "not sure" and "unsure" it counts as saying "sure"
and when saying "I don't know" it counts as "no"

I was hoping to have the liked and disliked image files full of ones I either really liked or disliked, but they get filled with ones I'm not that bothered about..

Also when saying "can I stroke even faster" it counts as "can I stroke"
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

english-gent wrote:As you can see, there's no system, audio or sounds folder. I could copy the sounds folder in, but it doesn't have the metronome in.
I really appreciate your help with this!
I just discovered that my Sounds.rar link in the Open Beta page had not been updated to include the metronome.wav file. Sorry about that, here's the link to the updated file and see if this plus the above steps don't help :blush:

https://mega.nz/#!zUFHQYoL!37U2lWfnUa8t ... ZQkd9yIyE0
Mat wrote:I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the other thread, it's more that the Wicked Tease response files need altering..
When saying "not sure" and "unsure" it counts as saying "sure"
and when saying "I don't know" it counts as "no"
I was hoping to have the liked and disliked image files full of ones I either really liked or disliked, but they get filled with ones I'm not that bothered about..
Also when saying "can I stroke even faster" it counts as "can I stroke"
I think the sure/not sure thing could use some looking into just for the sake of being thorough with how multiple choice responses are parsed, I'll kind in mind to check that out.

The Liked/Disliked images are at the mercy of the scripts that use them, although I'm pretty sure the culprit in filling up those files with middle-of-road images is one of my scripts. I'll have to see if Total Brat can't manage those kind of things a little bit better :-)

The stroke even faster thing is something I don't think can be fully circumvented on my end, given how many possible combinations of asking to stroke faster will hit exact matches of asking to stroke period rather than exactly matching how to stroke. When I start focusing on documentation, I'm going to make sure people know how to edit system response files, that way if they have a common phrase keep landing wrong like that, they'll know how to add it to the key file.
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

1885 wrote:The Liked/Disliked images are at the mercy of the scripts that use them, although I'm pretty sure the culprit in filling up those files with middle-of-road images is one of my scripts. I'll have to see if Total Brat can't manage those kind of things a little bit better :-)
Thanks, with the Total Brat personality, how long do you think it will be, on a scale of days, weeks or months?
1885 wrote:The stroke even faster thing is something I don't think can be fully circumvented on my end, given how many possible combinations of asking to stroke faster will hit exact matches of asking to stroke period rather than exactly matching how to stroke. When I start focusing on documentation, I'm going to make sure people know how to edit system response files, that way if they have a common phrase keep landing wrong like that, they'll know how to add it to the key file.
Would using wildcards help? So you could match against "let me stroke * faster" and "let me stroke * * faster"

Also I just remembered "I love your.." matches to "I love you" as well.
desperategent
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by desperategent »

Here's something that has come up once or twice. I don't know if it's the program or something to do with the URL it's trying to get pictures from. It happens most often during the "Boob and Butts" game. If I try to continue, the dialogue works fine, but it will longer display any images even if I do it manually from the app. Here's the error message:
Spoiler: show
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
at System.Drawing.Image.SelectActiveFrame(FrameDimension dimension, Int32 frameIndex)
at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.ImageInfo.UpdateFrame()
at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.UpdateFrames(Image image)
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Tease AI
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Eric/Desktop/Clue/Tease%20AI%20Open%20Beta/Tease%20AI.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Speech
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Eric/Desktop/Clue/Tease%20AI%20Open%20Beta/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Eric/Desktop/Clue/Tease%20AI%20Open%20Beta/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Thanks for all the work you've done on this!
desperategent
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by desperategent »

Here's the previous bug that you asked me to post here. It happens when the Domme tries to bring one of her friends into the chat. It displays the "person joined the chat" messages then crashes. If I continue, it shows "domme is typing" and nothing more.

Thanks!

Spoiler: show
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Tease_AI.Form1.SendTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Elijah\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Tease AI\Tease AI\Form1.vb:line 4895
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Tease AI
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Eric/Desktop/Clue/Tease%20AI%20Open%20Beta/Tease%20AI.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Speech
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Eric/Desktop/Clue/Tease%20AI%20Open%20Beta/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Eric/Desktop/Clue/Tease%20AI%20Open%20Beta/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
english-gent
Explorer
Explorer

Post by english-gent »

1885 wrote:Okay, I have no idea why this happens but there's been a few cases before where people will extract the archive but it doesn't extract everything. Seems to only happen on Windows 8 and up. Have you tried using WinRar to extract the file? That usually works for people who have this problem. If it works correctly, you should have the folders Audio, Chatlogs, Images, Scripts, System and Video in your Tease AI directory. The Sounds file for Tease AI should be extracted to Audio\System.

If WinRar doesn't work, you can try creating the folders manually. Just make sure that the Images folder contains two folders, names System and Session Images. You do have an Images folder, so make sure that Images\System contains the following items:

A folder named URL Files
Black.jpg
LargeBack.png
NoLocalImagesFound.jpg
NoPreview.png
NoURLFilesSelected.jpg
SmallBack.png

Try just using WinRAR first, and if that doesn't work try adding the folders manually. Let me know how that goes, and if it still doesn't work I'll see what we need to do from there.
That's solved it! Opened it with WinRar and there are all the correct folders! The only thing missing was the metronome file, but I've just seen your post on that, so I'm all set!

Once again, thanks for all your help with this, it really is a wonderful program....you are a genius!
Bluelow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bluelow »

Not a very important bug, just something I noticed: If you start Games and go to Exchange or Collection first and then Match game the program crashes.