Tease AI Bug Report Thread

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

tigrotto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Tease AI Bug Report Thread

Post by tigrotto »

Daragorn wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:02 pm The problem is that if you don't answer fast enough, it will still move on to the next line in the script without waiting for your reply so you might end up with a missing variable then (just try it....andwer yes and then don't input anything, you'll see it moves to the next question anyway).
Have you checked if the variable is effectively created in the system/variables folder? Because the fact you wrote a number, doesn't mean it has written it into the variable, considering the issue i talked you about
I tried the two methods:
fast reply: it creates the variables with the exact value
slow reply(2/3 minutes): the script waited for me to type something. Variable created with the exact value when I answered

P.S. What will happen to commands like @EdgeHold() that are marked as obsolete?
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

tigrotto wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:50 pm I tried the two methods:
fast reply: it creates the variables with the exact value
slow reply(2/3 minutes): the script waited for me to type something. Variable created with the exact value when I answered

P.S. What will happen to commands like @EdgeHold() that are marked as obsolete?
Well....you are right....forget everything i said before...i just tested it again and indeed it works...i don't know why (or what i have done, more probably) when i tested it before writing here it moved on instead of waiting for the input...

Obsolete command should still work as usual....it is just that 1885 made a "new version" of the same command that, in his opinion, is a better way to deal with the different edge options....but the old commands are still there and working (at least they should :D)
tigrotto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tigrotto »

Daragorn wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:13 pm Well....you are right....forget everything i said before...i just tested it again and indeed it works...i don't know why (or what i have done, more probably) when i tested it before writing here it moved on instead of waiting for the input...
As I said before:
Tease AI=ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

It's the first case of artificial intelligence in the world; it(sorry, SHE) has her own personality, she is able to interact as a human being would do...
She simply solved the problem for you
Obsolete command should still work as usual....it is just that 1885 made a "new version" of the same command that, in his opinion, is a better way to deal with the different edge options....but the old commands are still there and working (at least they should :D)
Thanks for the clarification
tigrotto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tigrotto »

Hi!
I was testing @CameMode command before using it in my script and I think I found a bug...
When I'm holding and edge and type came(tested with @Edge(LongHold) and @EdgeHold(time) commands) the program, instead of moving to the specified line, wait until the holding time is over and THEN moves to the specified line

Can you help me, please?
Thanks!

P.S.: I attached the two files I created for text test and the chatlog for the @Edge (LongHold) test
Attachments
test files.rar
(485 Bytes) Downloaded 22 times
07.24.2017 0622 chatlog.rar
(620 Bytes) Downloaded 23 times
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

tigrotto wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:47 pm Hi!
I was testing @CameMode command before using it in my script and I think I found a bug...
When I'm holding and edge and type came(tested with @Edge(LongHold) and @EdgeHold(time) commands) the program, instead of moving to the specified line, wait until the holding time is over and THEN moves to the specified line
Never used the came mode but, according to the command description, it is working as intended, it is not a bug.
@camemode()'s only function is to move you to that specified part of the script when you write one of the trigger phrases (basically it is a "shortcut" version of @CustomMode() with fixed trigger phrases).
But if you put it togheter with a @holdedge then, until the edge hold timer has not passed, the program will not move on, thus the @camemode will not activate.

Sorry but you can't use it that way....the only way i can think about you obtaining what you want to obtain is to "simulate" a hold the edge like this:

@NullResponse @CameMode(goTo,came)
(edgeLoop)
edge now @Edge @SetDate[holdTimer, xx seconds]
(holdLoop)
@NullResponse @CheckDate(holdTimer)
#HoldTheEdge @Goto(holdLoop)
(holdTimer)
#LetTheEdgeFade @Wait(10) @Goto(edgeLoop)
(came)
You came!
@EndTease
@End

This way you activate the camemode, then make him edge, then when he is on edge you "fake" the hold the edge by looping the holdLoop until the holdTimer date has passed (which determines how long the holding will last).
If you trigger the came mode you should move to the came part and be done with it, if you don't, when the hold timer is passed, you move to the holdTimer subpart where you tell him to let the edge fade, wait for the timer and then move back to the edge loop and start it all over again.
I didn't test it but i think it should work

P.s: i've seen this error in your scripts (and in many other that have been used in other personalities) but, NEVER use @NullResponse @End (@EndTease), just use @End/EndTease.
There is no need to @Nullresponse end commands and, actually, it bugs them and get them ignored (at least so it was some versions ago, i don't remember if we fixed it but, in any case, just dont nullresponse them to be sure).
tigrotto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tigrotto »

Daragorn wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:23 pm Never used the came mode but, according to the command description, it is working as intended, it is not a bug.
@camemode()'s only function is to move you to that specified part of the script when you write one of the trigger phrases (basically it is a "shortcut" version of @CustomMode() with fixed trigger phrases).
But if you put it togheter with a @holdedge then, until the edge hold timer has not passed, the program will not move on, thus the @camemode will not activate.
Ok, thanks for the explanation
I will try your solution and see how it works
Bye!
byrdbrain15
Explorer
Explorer

Post by byrdbrain15 »

So I've been dealing with an issue for a while and have not been able to find the solution. Tease AI stops being responsive whenever there is a call for taunt. Depending on the personality the time its not responsive can be short(about a minute for HoT) or pretty long (10 mins for Miss Blue). I've done a clean install 54.9 and the problem still persists. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Regarding Text to Speech (TTS):

It seems that the unofficial Patch 55.0 broke the TTS system again. Switching back and forth between 54.9 and 55.0 shows the majority of my installed voices gone in 55.0, whereas they are there in 54.9. I know there has been discussion about this before and it has something to do with processes directed to "any cpu" (or something like that). 1885 seemed to understand it and I imagine Daragorn did too. Just a heads up that this functionality has reverted to fewer choices again.

Thanks for all the work put into this; it is appreciated!
ImageImage
tigrotto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tigrotto »

Hi!
Yesterday I was playing with my collection of cards and I exchanged one set of silver cards for a silver token, and then the silver token for 50 bronze tokens.
This morning I was buying new cards but the silver token was still there.
I found out that everytime I exchange it for bronze tokens and close TeaseAI and the start TeaseAI again, the silver token has reappeared.

I don't mind having tokens(and cards) for free, but it's not fair.

Can anybody help me, please?
Bye!

P.S.: I'm using the Unofficial Patch 55
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

Trusfrated wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 am Regarding Text to Speech (TTS):

It seems that the unofficial Patch 55.0 broke the TTS system again. Switching back and forth between 54.9 and 55.0 shows the majority of my installed voices gone in 55.0, whereas they are there in 54.9. I know there has been discussion about this before and it has something to do with processes directed to "any cpu" (or something like that). 1885 seemed to understand it and I imagine Daragorn did too. Just a heads up that this functionality has reverted to fewer choices again.

pretty strange, i never even looked at the code related to TTS, let's not talk about touching it :D, so i don't know why it is not working in the unofficial patch.
The 2 problems are:
1- i am away for 15 days so i will not be able to check it for sure in the meantime
2- i don't have any additional TTS voice installed so it will be nearly impossible for me to check where the bug is :-/ .
I will have to try to find where 1885 talked about how he fixed it and see if i find any clue....but having no way to bugtest it, it would anyway be a shot in the dark hoping the "fix" works.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

tigrotto wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm Hi!
Yesterday I was playing with my collection of cards and I exchanged one set of silver cards for a silver token, and then the silver token for 50 bronze tokens.
This morning I was buying new cards but the silver token was still there.
I found out that everytime I exchange it for bronze tokens and close TeaseAI and the start TeaseAI again, the silver token has reappeared.

I don't mind having tokens(and cards) for free, but it's not fair.

Can anybody help me, please?
Bye!

P.S.: I'm using the Unofficial Patch 55
Same as above...never worked on that part of the code so i don't have a clue about it (honestly...i don't even know what you are talking about when speaking of exchanging cards for tokens :lol: ).
Have you tested it with patch 54.9 to see if it is a new bug in the unofficial patch or it is a long lasting bug? (i dont think those system have been touched since a loooooot of time since i don't think many people even use them)
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Daragorn wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 pm
Trusfrated wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 am Regarding Text to Speech (TTS):

pretty strange, i never even looked at the code related to TTS, let's not talk about touching it :D, so i don't know why it is not working in the unofficial patch.
The 2 problems are:
1- i am away for 15 days so i will not be able to check it for sure in the meantime
2- i don't have any additional TTS voice installed so it will be nearly impossible for me to check where the bug is :-/ .
I will have to try to find where 1885 talked about how he fixed it and see if i find any clue....but having no way to bugtest it, it would anyway be a shot in the dark hoping the "fix" works.
Hey, no problem. It's not ruining my enjoyment of TeaseAI, but having that feature working does enhance it. :-P

I think it has to do with how the code is compiled. Here's what 1885 has said about it in the past:
Spoiler: show
1885 wrote: Sat May 30, 2015 7:28 am
kopal37 wrote:Did we ever figure out if there is a bug around the integration with text to speech?
At once point Tease AI was set to target Any CPU, which was prevented 32-bit TTS voices from being detected. Tease AI has since been changed back to 32-bt and it finds those voices again. I thnk the only lingering thing is to make sure TTS doesn't try to read emotes
1885 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:54 am Tease AI is literally the first thing I have ever coded, and I'm coding it as a 32-bit program in VB using Visual Studio 2010 Express which doesn't even allow me to utilize the .NET framework past 4.0.

I don't know much about coding, but even I know how much wrong there is in the above sentence. I've tried using 2012, can't stomach the interface or at times even get it to work like I expect it to. I know that C# is fundamentally not much different than VB, but I'm deathly allergic to squiggly brackets. If I target any CPU then I lose 32-bit voices for TTS, and if people add code to github that uses .NET 4.5, I don't know until I try to add it and then I have to figure out why I can't compile it.
1885 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:59 am
Trusfrated wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:39 am However, I'm still only seeing the default Microsoft Anna. Does anyone else see their other installed voices as an option with the current patch?
That's happening because Tease AI is currently being built to target any CPU, and for most of those voices to show up, it needs to be built to target x86. I'm on a different computer than I was before, so I had to recently re-download Visual Studio. I'm not sure if Any CPU is currently being targeted because that's the default in Visual Studio and I haven't changed it yet, or if that was a necessary change for the current code to work. I'll confer with people who know more about it than I do, and run some tests to see if I can change the target back to x86 and get the voices back without causing any issues.
It seems like maybe PepsiFreak fixed this in unofficial patch 48.3 during one of 1885's other hiatuses. Then the next release broke it, then it was fixed again, and so on. I think it's likely just a matter of the team (or whoever prepares the package) to remember to set it for a target of x86 instead of "any CPU.". I don't know if there is a significant downside to this, but it seems to make the difference.
ImageImage
tigrotto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tigrotto »

Daragorn wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm Same as above...never worked on that part of the code so i don't have a clue about it (honestly...i don't even know what you are talking about when speaking of exchanging cards for tokens :lol: ).
Open TeaseAI, click Games then click Exchange. You should see something like this:
Immagine1.jpg
Immagine1.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
Here you can buy packs of cards or Exchange them for tokens or other cards.
Click on "Collection" to see your collection of cards.
Daragorn wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm Have you tested it with patch 54.9 to see if it is a new bug in the unofficial patch or it is a long lasting bug? (i dont think those system have been touched since a loooooot of time since i don't think many people even use them)
I downgraded to patch 54.9 but I found another problem. I have a different collection of cards(and also different number of tokens...) using patch 54.9(I assume the one I had when I switched to patch 55...) than the one I have using patch 55.

Here's my collection of cards using patch 54.9
Collection of cards with patch 54.9.jpg
Collection of cards with patch 54.9.jpg (114.78 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
And this one using patch 55.0
Collection of cards with patch 55.0.jpg
Collection of cards with patch 55.0.jpg (124.5 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
Why does it change?
However the problem with the silver token already exist in patch 54.9.
Also, I noticed that(I was using patch55, but I assume it's the same for patch 54.9) if you have 2 silver tokens and you exchange ONLY the second silver token, then close and open TeaseAI again, the second silver token doesn't reappear.
I don't know why but the problem seems related only to the first tokens(I'm probably wrong since I don't know anything about programming).

It's not a major bug, so don't worry...

Thanks for your help.
Bye! :wave:

EDIT
Actually the problem involves all silver tokens. Now I have three silver tokens, I exchanged them for bronze tokens, I closed and reopened TeaseAI and the three silver tokens were back.
Last edited by tigrotto on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

Probably the different decks are because they are saved in the user settings of the version, so you have the sets you had when you were using patch 54.9 (i am just assuming since as i said i never used it... You should have the saved settings somewhere in document/yourname/apps/teaseai or somewhere like that, dont remember the correct save location).
As for fixing the bug, i dont know how that system works (actually i though it was incomplete /not working since i never seen anyone using it in a personality).. I will take a look and see if it is not too complicated to understand /fix
milo7
Explorer
Explorer

Post by milo7 »

I don't know if this is a bug, or an issue with implementation, but the @checkdate command never seems to work for me.

If I set up the date as "now", and after it has passed run @CheckDate(now, skipto), the program will skip forward to the line (skipto), but if the date hasn't passed, it will still skip forward to that line.

In the command guide, it says that the syntax should be
@CheckDate("date","interval") @Goto("line"),
but this doesn't register at all, and always skips to the line "line" regardless of if the date has passed or not, and if there is another line titled "interval" here, the program says no @Goto found, and moves to a link instead.

Is this a known problem? Or am I using it wrong?