GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.3.4

Post by philo »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:37 pm
lawman5297 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:49 pm
In Guideme 3.4 and 3.6 Guideme keeps the XML file locked so you can't update it in an editor and save it while you have the tease open. Guideme 1.5 did not do this.
The only thing that I use GuideMe for are the estim teases. I have opened up the XML in an editor and made changes on the fly many times. I make the change (like an image change or change in the narrative) save, reload and I can see the change immediately on the page im working on as long as it doesnt complete and move to the next. I have done this in 3.3 and 3.6. I never used 3.4 much due to an issue I was having with the way it loaded photos. Philo?
Interesting. It's never worked for me in either 3.4 or 3.6, and I seldom used 3.3 because it had some other bugs that broke teases I wrote for myself.

Hopefully philo has a suggestion.
I can't reproduce this, it works fine for me.
I think I moved to Java 8 which may be why it works for 1.5 but not later versions, the code for loading teases didn't change.
The current code is not closing the files properly but does not stop me making changes to them, so this may be just an issue for certain OS versions / individual set ups or possibly the editor being used.

I have added code to close the files, but can not be sure this will fix the issue, I can still save changes in the latest version I built, so hopefully it will not make things worse and will fix the issue.

I am getting close to releasing a new version, the main enhancements are internationalisation (you can have the menus in a language other than English) and webcam integration.

You will be able to display the webcam output in the left frame and take still images (which you can then reference later in a tease)
I gave up on recording video as it was a lot more complex than I was expecting and I don't have the time / patience to figure it out.
Dawn_of_Dark
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Dawn_of_Dark »

I'm having an issue with the GuideMe downloader, which is the Milovana Importer by philo posted at the first post of this topic.

I'm trying to download this tease (it's a new flash tease) for offline use. It doesn't work. Not anymore at least. As far as I can tell it download the xml file containing the actual code and create the image folder in the specified path as it normally would, but it does not download any images.

First I thought it had something to do with the tease being newly uploaded on the site (I know, silly me) and thought to just try it again at some later point, which I did just right now. It still didn't work. So I try it with another flash tease to find that it didn't work either. I try it the third time with a flash tease that I have downloaded before to find that it has the same problem.

I find this problem especially strange and frustrating considering that it worked well before, then it stops working. I'm not even sure this is the correct place to ask this question, but I'm trying my luck.

I should add that it only happens with flash tease, and the downloader still works with traditional non-flash tease, such as this one.

Anyone knows what's happening?
slavejack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavejack »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am I'm having an issue with the GuideMe downloader, which is the Milovana Importer by philo posted at the first post of this topic.

I'm trying to download this tease (it's a new flash tease) for offline use. It doesn't work. Not anymore at least. As far as I can tell it download the xml file containing the actual code and create the image folder in the specified path as it normally would, but it does not download any images.

First I thought it had something to do with the tease being newly uploaded on the site (I know, silly me) and thought to just try it again at some later point, which I did just right now. It still didn't work. So I try it with another flash tease to find that it didn't work either. I try it the third time with a flash tease that I have downloaded before to find that it has the same problem.

I find this problem especially strange and frustrating considering that it worked well before, then it stops working. I'm not even sure this is the correct place to ask this question, but I'm trying my luck.

I should add that it only happens with flash tease, and the downloader still works with traditional non-flash tease, such as this one.

I just noticed that when I download "Try not to edge, Mr. Hentai" the media directory is empty.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am I'm having an issue with the GuideMe downloader, which is the Milovana Importer by philo posted at the first post of this topic.

There was a change to the way images are hosted I think, I suspect the hosting changed from the actual server to amazon cloud servers.
The redirect was causing the image download to fail.

If you replace the download.jar with this one, it should work.
https://mega.nz/#!9dpV2JxD!2oCzbJQ0qLS3 ... yLrh8hlLZY
Dawn_of_Dark
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dawn_of_Dark »

philo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm There was a change to the way images are hosted I think, I suspect the hosting changed from the actual server to amazon cloud servers.

That makes sense and I suspected that too.

The fix is not working though. Pressing "Save" or "Save All on Page" closes the program for me (What is "Save All on Page" btw?).
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:25 am
philo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm There was a change to the way images are hosted I think, I suspect the hosting changed from the actual server to amazon cloud servers.

The fix is not working though. Pressing "Save" or "Save All on Page" closes the program for me (What is "Save All on Page" btw?).
You can load the milovana list of webteases in the top window.
Save all on page will try to find the links to teases on the page displayed and down load them.

That is odd that it doesn't work.
Have you got the latest version, It may not work overwriting an older version.
(I did get someone else to test it and it worked for them)

Try the latest version, then overwrite with the new jar file
https://mega.nz/#!1R5mBYLC!lWFXu14Mqruo ... xiPrXbG_Jk
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

New verison GuideMe Build 0.3.7

Post by philo »

New verision 0.3.7

Have added Internationalisation (ability to change the language for the menu's etc)
German translation kindly provided by devotes.julchen
if you go into application prefernces and change the language from en to de (then exit out and go back in) the menu's etc should be in German.
(If anyone wants to do a translation to other languages then let me know )

Webcam integration.
You can display a webcam in the left pane and add a button to take a still image.
(currently it will use your default webcam if you have more than one)

xml for a simple two page tease, that displays a webcam and takes a still image when the button is clicked.
Then displays the image taken on the next page.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Tease scriptVersion="v0.1" id="">
  <Title>
  </Title>
  <Url>
  </Url>
  <Author id="">
    <Name>
    </Name>
    <Url>
    </Url>
  </Author>
  <MediaDirectory>TempTest</MediaDirectory>
  <Settings>
    <AutoSetPageWhenSeen>false</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
  </Settings>
  <Pages>
    <Page id="start">
      <Text>
        <div>Display webcam</div>
      </Text>
      <Webcam/>
      <WebcamButton type="Capture" target="JavaPicture" file="webcam/picture.jpg">Take a still image</WebcamButton>
	</Page>
    <Page id="JavaPicture">
      <Text>
        <div>Display Captured Image</div>
      </Text>
      <Image id="webcam/picture.jpg"/>
      <Button target="start">Start</Button>
	</Page>
  </Pages>
</Tease>
32bit
https://mega.nz/#!1MAiWKaD!o4J-a2TNi4r3 ... WxVNkwMSfY
64bit
https://mega.nz/#!kFhUmarA!LIXHgzFEvI8L ... IjJlrE9tv4
Dawn_of_Dark
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dawn_of_Dark »

philo wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm You can load the milovana list of webteases in the top window.
Save all on page will try to find the links to teases on the page displayed and down load them.

Ok everything works for me now. Thanks a lot.

Have you guys updated the front post with all of this yet?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 pm Have you guys updated the front post with all of this yet?
d3vi0n has gone AWOL since February so no updates since then.
I might see if it is possible to get edit access if he doesn't show up soon.
Either that or start a new thread to replace this one.

Hopefully he will show up.
spirit
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by spirit »

Hi

First of, thanks for an awesoem tool. I've enjoyed GuideMe guides as a user for a long time, but also recently started trying to make some customized versions myself. Which leads me to my question.

Is there any way to display more than one image in the lefthand side at the same time? For example if I want to show two images side by side? It would be great if you could just show two images and it resized and fitted them, but alternatively is there some way for me to place them myself via a table or css-layout? I haven't been able to find any way, even looking through the wiki.

If the answer is no, is there any chance that this feature could be added to the list of requested future featuers?'

Thanks in advance.
rockx
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by rockx »

philo wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm
Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:25 am

You can load the milovana list of webteases in the top window.

Hello, :wave:
The fix does not work for me : I unzipped and used the whole new downloader pack, but I still have the problem : the images are not downloaded ; when I look at the log file, I have many lines with :
"ERROR Download - IOException Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: ..."
What should I do to make it work again ?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

rockx wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:37 pm [
The fix does not work for me : I unzipped and used the whole new downloader pack, but I still have the problem : the images are not downloaded ; when I look at the log file, I have many lines with :
"ERROR Download - IOException Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: ..."
Did you download both?
The full download, then the second that has just download.jar in it?
You need to overwrite the download.jar in the full package with the one that is on it's own
slavejack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavejack »

philo wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 am
Did you download both?
You need to overwrite the download.jar in the full package with the one that is on it's own
Will the updated jar file work with both 32 and 64 bit versions?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

slavejack wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:20 am
Did you download both?
Will the updated jar file work with both 32 and 64 bit versions?
Yes it is the files in guideme_lib and java that are different.
The main jar file is the same
rockx
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by rockx »

Did you download both?
OK, I did not understand well you previous posts.
It is working now, Thks !