GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0): BETA Thread

Post by philo »

ktom0099 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:44 pm Forgive the noob question, but I have downloaded GuideMe and cannot for the life of me figure out how to start it up. TeaseMe has an application file but GuideMe does not seem to.....please help!

Thanks!
There should be a file start.bat which if you double click will start guideme.
If it doesn't start, it is usually because there are conflicts between java / vlc and 64bit / 32bit.
There is a logs directory which should contain log files.
Guideme.log and vlc.log may give info on why it isn't starting, if you pm me a link to the logs and I will have a look.
Kantirocks
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kantirocks »

I'm sure this is an obvious question, but is there a mobile version of GuideMe? My laptop is not that great.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Kantirocks wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:44 pm I'm sure this is an obvious question, but is there a mobile version of GuideMe? My laptop is not that great.
There is an android version of teaseme.
https://code.google.com/archive/p/andro ... /downloads

However it doesn't work on newer versions of andriod as they changed the way menus work.
I keep meaning to fix it but other projects have got in the way.
Mushroom
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Mushroom »

I'm curious - has anyone managed to get GuideMe to work in Linux? If so, which distro/version?

Thanks in advance.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Mushroom wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:14 am I'm curious - has anyone managed to get GuideMe to work in Linux? If so, which distro/version?

Thanks in advance.
I did get an early version working on Ubuntu (11 I think but it shouldn't matter) and there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work.
(you need the correct versions of SWT, VLC and Java runtime)
The only other issue is that windows uses \ and linux uses / as a file path separator, so if that isn't handled correctly anywhere in the GuideMe code or in a tease it might fail.
rob204
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rob204 »

Trusfrated wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:33 am There seems to be an issue with using a wildcard at the beginning of a filename. This works with TeaseMe and Nyx, but not GuideMe.
Well, that's easy. Of course *061* has no file extension. So how on earth should GuideMe know which file type to use?

So go and rename all your weirdly named image files from the TeaseMe downloader and give them some image type extension. Then GuideMe should be able to display the files it thinks it should display.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

I don't believe the lack of an extension to have been the problem, since there were other wildcard images in the code without an extension. They worked fine.

Unfortunately, for some reason I am unable to replicate the issue now.
ImageImage
rob204
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rob204 »

Trusfrated wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:34 am there were other wildcard images in the code without an extension. They worked fine.
That might be possible depending on the version of your tease and version of GuideMe. But generally GuideMe only displays rescaled versions of the images. And it uses the last three characters of the original file name as the format of the rescaled versions. So files without extension shouldn't work at all. On the other hand the TeaseMe downloader doesn't add extensions if they aren't given in the image ids.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Trusfrated wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:34 am I don't believe the lack of an extension to have been the problem, since there were other wildcard images in the code without an extension. They worked fine.

Unfortunately, for some reason I am unable to replicate the issue now.
Had a look at this, wildcards should work
Images with no extension don't seem to. have put a fix in for that now
Arouse and obey seems to work fine.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Currently doing a new release of guide me.

There are a few fixes to various things.
Should display images without extensions.
Images displayed correctly after a video finishes.

Java script now has the debugger implemented so you will be able to step through code, view variables etc.

New library menu option which will display thumbnails and the tease name / author
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (447.9 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
Have kind of lost track of requests and am considering where to go next with features.
Will probably look at chaining teases next, so the ability to jump to another tease and back from withing a tease.

If there is anything you would like to see in GuideMe, please feel free to post here.
(And to remind me of previous ideas that have got lost earlier in the thread)
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

:w00t:

The Library will be a most welcome addition!!! I have so many teases downloaded, it's so easy to forget about what each was about. Hopefully there will be some choice of thumbnail or display size so we can customize the view a little bit.

How is it choosing a thumbnail? Is it random? It would be great if the Downloader could someday bring the description, tags, and maybe even then-current rating and view statistics along with the tease so the Library could present it in a similar way to the actual site. It would sure help to "jog the memory" when looking at old teases.

Great to hear about tease-chaining coming someday, too! That could really open up some interesting possibilities, as I mentioned a few months back.
ImageImage
ranked3
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ranked3 »

Can someone reupload The Awesome Competition 2?
Tried the links in the thread but they are not working.
Thanks in advance
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Trusfrated wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:12 am :w00t:

The Library will be a most welcome addition!!! I have so many teases downloaded, it's so easy to forget about what each was about. Hopefully there will be some choice of thumbnail or display size so we can customize the view a little bit.

How is it choosing a thumbnail? Is it random? It would be great if the Downloader could someday bring the description, tags, and maybe even then-current rating and view statistics along with the tease so the Library could present it in a similar way to the actual site. It would sure help to "jog the memory" when looking at old teases.
Currently the thumbnails are generated using the first non wild card jpg referenced in the file that is above about 9K in size.
So normally this will be the image from the tease start page.
However it stores the images, so you can replace the generated one with whatever you want.
I haven't found an easy way to get the description and tags at the moment, but the text displayed is stored as well, so is editable.
Currently it gets the tease tittle and author
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Version 0.3.1 Release

Post by philo »

New version of GuideMe

Changes
New menu option Library
This will open a window showing thumbnails and descriptions of the teases in the folder
(This will take a while the first time for a folder as it will create a set of files in __GuideLibrary folder)
You can sort by title or author
Search by Title / Author or The contents of the tease file
Start a random tease from the current list

The search has a bit of intelligence
A + means it must have it
A - means it mustn't have it
Search terms are separated by commas.
e.g.
+gisele,karen,kate,-ice
Must have gisele must not have ice, must have kate or karen

The search is case insensitive

Java Script Debugging
You can now step through the javascript code when running a tease.
If you tick debug in application preferences, you should now get a new menu where you can set various debug options.
You can set it to break on errror, every time it enteres a function and/ or every time it leaves a function.
If javascript debugging is turned on a debug window should popup when it hits one of the break conditions. (this should be on the second monitor if you have 2 connected)

The changes break some current guide me teases
There are a couple of changes that break some current javascript
Ones that I know about
1. where .length() is used in scripts it now needs to be .length (i.e. it is a property not a function in javascript)
2. the scope is cleared for each call so functions variables set in another call are no longer available.

Scripts that I know have issues
10Seconds images not appearing
adding the following to the script will resolve this
<GlobalJavascript>
<![CDATA[
var imgPath = scriptVars.get("imgPath");
]]>
</GlobalJavascript>

Hearts Club
There is one (or possible 2) place where length() is used, removing the brackets will resolve it.

32bit
https://mega.nz/#!AYAmGJAR!Kxtdebk5yDX2 ... IPl_eK2Hc4
64bit
https://mega.nz/#!hF5HzTQJ!Zlvqos1ne5-N ... GWjEAPH5vc
blah824389750732
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blah824389750732 »

d3vi0n wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:56 pm Milovana Importer Windows 64 bit: mega.co.nz
Milovana Importer Windows 32 bit: mega.co.nz

Documentation: GuideMe Wiki
Source Code: github.com
Is there any other way to download teases offline, aside from copy/pasting the link of each tease into the download application mentioned above?