GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0): BETA Thread

Post by philo »

1234abc wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:53 pm Hi,
after long trial and error I got GuideMe to work on my Linux. :-D
I created a fork (https://github.com/guidemeforlinux/GuideMe)
and a pull request (https://github.com/guide-me/GuideMe/pull/40) on github.

For anyone interested: clone the repo and import it in eclipse.
Maybe d3vi0n will merge and compile it, so you don't need eclipse anymore... :whistle:

Have a great weekend :wave:
Have added those changes to the latest version.
For reference the latest version will be the Philo branch.
Originally Takenaga was going to work on this project as well and we were going to have two dev branches and merge them to master. My machine is setup to use the Philo branch and I only occasionally remember to merge it back to master.

From memory there were a whole load of components etc that needed to be installed on linux to get it working.
Did you make a list or did it just work first time?
1234abc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 1234abc »

philo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 am
1234abc wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:53 pm Hi,
after long trial and error I got GuideMe to work on my Linux. :-D
I created a fork (https://github.com/guidemeforlinux/GuideMe)
and a pull request (https://github.com/guide-me/GuideMe/pull/40) on github.

For anyone interested: clone the repo and import it in eclipse.
Maybe d3vi0n will merge and compile it, so you don't need eclipse anymore... :whistle:

Have a great weekend :wave:
Have added those changes to the latest version.
For reference the latest version will be the Philo branch.
Originally Takenaga was going to work on this project as well and we were going to have two dev branches and merge them to master. My machine is setup to use the Philo branch and I only occasionally remember to merge it back to master.

From memory there were a whole load of components etc that needed to be installed on linux to get it working.
Did you make a list or did it just work first time?
It worked more or less out of the box without installing anything.
I use eclipse neon for Linux 64bit (https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packa ... pers/neon3).
The only trouble with dependencies I had, was that it couldn't find the org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64 package, which comes with eclipse (in the plugins folder). So I added an entry for it in pom.xml.

I'm relatively new to java and eclipse. Could you explain me, which steps needs to be done to build a playable jar file ?
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Adding support for Linux sounds awesome! :w00t: :wave:

Did you try some more complex GuideMe Teases like "Pilgrim Quest" (see my signature), including teases who utilize audio and video or will all GuideMe teases run without problems once GuideMe itself works on Linux? :huh:
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
1234abc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 1234abc »

d3vi0n wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:56 am Adding support for Linux sounds awesome! :w00t: :wave:

Did you try some more complex GuideMe Teases like "Pilgrim Quest" (see my signature), including teases who utilize audio and video or will all GuideMe teases run without problems once GuideMe itself works on Linux? :huh:

I had no problems playing your Pilgrim Quest yesterday. Really a masterpiece. :yes:
Keep up the good work !!! :lol:
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

1234abc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:48 am It worked more or less out of the box without installing anything.
I use eclipse neon for Linux 64bit (https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packa ... pers/neon3).
The only trouble with dependencies I had, was that it couldn't find the org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64 package, which comes with eclipse (in the plugins folder). So I added an entry for it in pom.xml.

I'm relatively new to java and eclipse. Could you explain me, which steps needs to be done to build a playable jar file ?
On windows I do
File \ Export
Select Java \ Runnable JAR file
Library handling: Copy required libraries into a sub-folder next to the generated JAR
and then the finish button

For windows I copy the two vlc dlls and the plugins directory to GuideMe_lib (don't know if that is needed for linux)

The windows batch file to start it contains
path=./java/bin;./GuideMe_lib
start .\java\bin\javaw.exe -Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2
Which sets
the paths to pick up the version of java included with Guideme
assigns 3Gb of memory to the jvm (1GB for the 32bit version)
sets the paths to the guideme_lib directory etc
1234abc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 1234abc »

I compiled GuideMe v.0.3.1 for Linux 64 bit.
You can find it here https://github.com/guidemeforlinux/Guid ... _0.3.1.zip
Extract it and run it with java -Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -jar GuideMe.jar

It works for me with Pilgrim Quest so far. I didn't test it with other teases, but most should work.

@philo please check out this commit https://github.com/guidemeforlinux/Guid ... f0d4f767f1
When launching GuideMe via the shell it seems that MainLogic.class.getClassLoader() returned null. Eclipse didn't have this strange behavior.

Have fun. I go now on pilgrimage :lol: :wave:
dousque
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dousque »

d3vi0n wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:12 pm like i said: ;-)
For another tease with videos: Try to download my Pilgrim Quest (see signature).
And good luck. Hope you find the problem! :wave:
Oh, I overread that. I will try to find the video in this tease. The Quest for video is a tease in itself.
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Load Tease > Press Help > Press Video .... found! :w00t: :wave:
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Bug in Guideme

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Ran into a nasty bug in Guideme that took me way too many hours to figure out because it would magically stop happening and work perfectly for a while, then suddenly quit working again. I'm posting this on the odd chance someone else runs into it, and in the hope that it gets fixed.
@philo - I can provide you a sample page with all the required code to demonstrate the error if you want.

In the sample screen shown below from my script engine package there are 3 form fields.
Sample.png
Sample.png (293.17 KiB) Viewed 2496 times
The idea is that you can enter a folder name in the Script Path field and then click Refresh to get the list of scripts from that folder. Here's the problem. If there is no item selected in the list (as in the attached screen shot), guideSettings.getFormField() fails and returns a null string for all three fields. In the Guideme log there was an error

Code: Select all

2017-08-10 10:42:42,164 ERROR MainShell -  get form fields Invalid argument.
but the code seemed to execute normally. I even tried wrapping the calls in a try/catch structure but no error is generated.
I test it in both Guideme 1.5 and Guideme 3.3 with the same results.

The workaround is to always make sure that something is selected in the list of options. As long as something is selected all three fields return values properly. For my purposes I just coded it to always pre-select the first item in the list.

I did a lot of head scratching on that one over two or three days. Crazy!

Cheers!
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Bug in Guideme

Post by philo »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:06 pm @philo - I can provide you a sample page with all the required code to demonstrate the error if you want.
That would be helpful, I will have a look at what is causing it.
(Have a new version almost ready, can't get the 32bit version working at the moment, something to do with VLC I think.)
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

Rule63MePlease wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 pmWindows cannot find '.\java\bin\javaw.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
I don't know how it could not find it. I looked down that path and it is clearly there...
did you start guideme with start.bat? Never try to run guideme.jar directly! See the F.A.Q. for Pilgrim Quest or the big red warning in the guideme thread...
Rule63MePlease wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 am Yes, I did try to start it with the "start.bat" file and I did read the F.A.Q on you other post. :-|
If you did that and used for Pilgrim Quest the correct guideme version (v0.3.1) for your windows (32bit or 64bit), i have no idea what could go wrong. It should work... maybe philo has an idea
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

d3vi0n wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 am
Rule63MePlease wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 pmWindows cannot find '.\java\bin\javaw.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
I don't know how it could not find it. I looked down that path and it is clearly there...
did you start guideme with start.bat? Never try to run guideme.jar directly! See the F.A.Q. for Pilgrim Quest or the big red warning in the guideme thread...
Rule63MePlease wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 am Yes, I did try to start it with the "start.bat" file and I did read the F.A.Q on you other post. :-|
If you did that and used for Pilgrim Quest the correct guideme version (v0.3.1) for your windows (32bit or 64bit), i have no idea what could go wrong. It should work... maybe philo has an idea
I can reproduce it if I rename the Java directory and run start.bat, windows can't find it in the current directory.
Did you install it somewhere obscure?
Try installing it to somewhere like c:\guideme and try it from there.
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

Hey Philo, I downloaded the 64 bit v0.3.3 and have been using it with the 2 estim teases. I have been working on my own estim tease and have been able to do what i want with it. I have been using an xml file editor to edit the script and have learned a bunch. Being one that is never satisfied and a habitual tweaker (till something breaks) I wanted to try out the GuideMe script engine. I cant seem to make it work. I use the batch flie to start and the other files are in the guides folder. When I load guidemescripts I get the old "damn, something went wrong." When I press OK it tells me that no script was loaded. I am going to play around with the debugger and see if I can figure it out but in the meantime...Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!!!
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

lawman5297 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:17 amI wanted to try out the GuideMe script engine. I cant seem to make it work.
You mean GuideMe Scripting Engine by PlayfulGuy? As far as i know, the Scripting Engine doesn't work with GuideMe v0.3.x. Personally i don't use the Scripting Engine because i want full control over everything in my scripts. So i might be wrong regarding the compatibility issues. Best to ask PlayfulGuy who made the Scripting Engine. :wave:
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

Can you tell me then where the download for the latest version is located? I have been trying to find it and have so far been unsuccessful. Again, Thanks!