GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.3.4

Post by BoundSquirrel »

Is there a way to adjust the volume of an audio file through guideme when it is played (as either an xml or JavaScript command)? For instance, can a file be played at 50% volume on one page then 100% on another? If not, can this be added to the list for a future version?
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Just a small bug fix that could maybe be taken care of for the next release:

When you right click on a tease in the Library, it is supposed to open a Milovana link with that Author's list of teases. Currently, it doesn't work correctly since Seraphox updated the site to use question marks (?) in links rather than pound/hash signs (#).

This doesn't work:

https://milovana.com/webteases/#author=21239

but this does:

https://milovana.com/webteases/?author=21239

Since this link is coded into Guideme, updating this one byte should fix the issue.

Thanks! :wave:
ImageImage
epepmd3457
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by epepmd3457 »

Trusfrated wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 am Just a small bug fix that could maybe be taken care of for the next release:

When you right click on a tease in the Library, it is supposed to open a Milovana link with that Author's list of teases. Currently, it doesn't work correctly since Seraphox updated the site to use question marks (?) in links rather than pound/hash signs (#).

This doesn't work:

but this does:

Since this link is coded into Guideme, updating this one byte should fix the issue.

I've noticed an issue with browsing Webteases via Author, regardless of using GuideMe, since the site came back online last year...

I think the issue is actually with Milovana (the site itself) not recognizing the hash(#) in the querystring when wanting to view a specific author's teases. You'll notice that it used to work, and everywhere on the site links with the hash.

@Trusfated, your signature link is even using the hash(#) to link to your teases, but it doesn't work as intended (it's not showing your teases).

More evidence.. any user's page link with the 'View user's teases' has the link with the hash (#), and not ?, and these links aren't working as intended either.

Sorry if this is confusing, but the bug actually exists with Milovana not recognizing the hash(#) in the querystring anymore (like it used to), and GuideMe is actually linking to teases correctly.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

epepmd3457 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 am
@Trusfated, your signature link is even using the hash(#) to link to your teases, but it doesn't work as intended (it's not showing your teases).
Thanks for pointing that out. I updated it so it works (for now). I don't really understand why the change happened (not recognizing the hash sign) but I'm glad there is a workaround by changing it to a "?". I don't expect the site to be updated any time soon, unfortunately.
ImageImage
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

Trusfrated wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 am Just a small bug fix that could maybe be taken care of for the next release:

This doesn't work:

but this does:

Have changed it to a ? in the next version
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

BoundSquirrel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:08 pm Is there a way to adjust the volume of an audio file through guideme when it is played (as either an xml or JavaScript command)? For instance, can a file be played at 50% volume on one page then 100% on another? If not, can this be added to the list for a future version?
No and yes :-D
I have changed the code to add a volume attribute to the audio tag in the xml
and also added it to the javascript functions
You can set it to anything between 0 and 100 as a % of the current users volume setting in GuideMe.
Not having a volume attribute will defalt it to 100% of the current Guideme volume setting
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:13 am
d3vi0n wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:06 pm That is strange. Does this happen with every image or just with some images? Could you send me these infos too? For me everything is normal with 0.3.4 and the beta version for 0.3.5. No cropping. So i can't replicate the problem either.
For me, and like lawman5297 has said, it happens with standard images like the ones I posted. However, it does happen across all of the teases I currently have in my library, including normal teases with just the images, flash teases (both downloaded from Milovana and hi-res GuideMe versions) and even ones that are specifically made for GuideMe, like your very own Pilgrim Quest.
Any help or further information on this would be helpful.
I can't find a way to reproduce the issue, so working out why it is happening is difficult.
The only thing I can think of is it is something to do with monitor size / resolution.
It works fine on a 19" 1440 x 900 monitor and a 32" 2560 x 1440 monitor for me.
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

I know this is a difficult issue to resolve since you are unable to reproduce. I have tried different resolutions across different monitors but nothing improves. I have tried to resize the images but what happens then is there is more space at the top but still does not show the bottom. The entire image loads but you have to go to the bottom of the image and scroll down to get it to go up. Of course then the top is gone. I have looked at this side by side (3.3 & 3.4) and here is what I noticed:

With 3.3 you can drag the right side over to the left and it just makes the image smaller. I have mine set about 50/50 right to left. If you drag the right side to the right effectively making the right side more narrow, the image size remains constant; it's only when you pull it left that the image shrinks but it still all fits.

So now to 3.4. I notice with the left and right set about 50/50 the image appears larger when it loads than it does in 3.3. If I drag the right side to the left I can get the entire image to shrink and fit. Now it appears just like 3.3 but the right side it taking up 75% of the screen as opposed to 50% with 3.3. I suppose its a work around but it is still different behavior than 3.3.

Perhaps it isn't the left side at all that has the issue but the right?

I hope this helps.
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

No and yes :-D
I have changed the code to add a volume attribute to the audio tag in the xml
and also added it to the javascript functions
You can set it to anything between 0 and 100 as a % of the current users volume setting in GuideMe.
Not having a volume attribute will defalt it to 100% of the current Guideme volume setting
This is awesome! Thank you. This is a game-changer for any of us trying to write estim-based teases! Can't wait for this update to come out now. Any idea on timing?
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

An update to the image loading issue. On 3.4 when you drag the right over to the left the bottom of the image will eventually fit but you also give up some of the right side of the image so not really a good work around. I just tried again to resize a few images and even after making the originals smaller they still do not fit into the space provided, they just look terrible now. I have messed around with all sorts of settings as well as the right and left txt files and the css, nothing changes.
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

And yet more info on the 3.4 image loading issue. I changed the background from black to red in the css file. It is actually the image or left side of the page that I am resizing when I grab it and drag and not the right. I notice when an image loads in 3.3 it has a red outline. You can drag it to the left and the image will keep its size, right side of the background will grow has you drag it but the image remains unchanged. I notice when the same image loads in 3.4 I do not get a background border on all sides, only top and left; you have to drag it right to get a right border then the image grows and the bottom gets longer. The left side of the image never changes. I also noticed that in order to put the cursor at the bottom and scroll the image up you must have just a bit of the background showing and grab the background. What I still dont get is why some of us have this problem and others do not. Could there be something else on our machines causing this? An older version of JAVA even though GuideMe contains its own? I have Java 8 update 161 64 bit on all my machines to run other JAVA programs although I did uninstall it just to see if had any affect which it did not. GuideMe seems to be all self contained and not dependent on anything else. I just dont get it.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

lawman5297 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:01 pm And yet more info on the 3.4 image loading issue. I changed the background from black to red in the css file. It is actually the image or left side of the page that I am resizing when I grab it and drag and not the right. I notice when an image loads in 3.3 it has a red outline. You can drag it to the left and the image will keep its size, right side of the background will grow has you drag it but the image remains unchanged. I notice when the same image loads in 3.4 I do not get a background border on all sides, only top and left; you have to drag it right to get a right border then the image grows and the bottom gets longer. The left side of the image never changes. I also noticed that in order to put the cursor at the bottom and scroll the image up you must have just a bit of the background showing and grab the background. What I still dont get is why some of us have this problem and others do not. Could there be something else on our machines causing this? An older version of JAVA even though GuideMe contains its own? I have Java 8 update 161 64 bit on all my machines to run other JAVA programs although I did uninstall it just to see if had any affect which it did not. GuideMe seems to be all self contained and not dependent on anything else. I just dont get it.
Will have a another look now I have more info.
I am starting to think it is some sort of browser issue.
Guideme uses a browser control which uses the native browser engine (so different for Linux, Mac and Windows) I think it uses ie for windows so could be the version of Internet explorer which is causing the issue
I have IE 11 and it seems to work fine
ieversion.JPG
ieversion.JPG (24.5 KiB) Viewed 2881 times
Edit:
If you could try setting the Margin to -5px and let me know what it happens.
I can reproduce the issue by setting a margin of 5px or padding of 5px
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

Philo, I tried this and it didnt help. I played around with these and it gave me the ability to use the scroll bars to scroll the image but still would not load it entirely. I do have IE.11 but I am a Chrome kinda guy.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: GuideMe 3.4 Logging

Post by PlayfulGuy »

philo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:42 pm
PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:54 pm
philo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm
Have a look in the log4j2.xml file
I may have dropped the default logging level as most people will not look at the logs.
level is probably set to info, try setting it to all
The values you can set it to are defined here
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/ap ... Level.html
I set it to DEBUG (and tried "debug" in case they are case sensitive) but no change. No log files are created and nothing is logged.
philo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm Break on exception should only do something if javascript debugging is turned on.
I haven't coded it to remember those specific options between sessions as there didn't seem much point (Plus I was more concentrating on getting debugging working which turned out to be a lot more work than I expected)
I figured that's what should happen, but for me at least that's not what is happening. It does seem to be remembering the setting, or turning it back on all the time.

PG
So does it still bring up the java debug widow even when javascript debug is not selected?

If you want to send me your complete log4j.xml I can try it.
or try this one

also you can try changing javaw to just java in start.bat which will open the java console in a window which might give a better idea of any issues

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <appenders>
    <Console name="Console" target="SYSTEM_OUT">
        <PatternLayout pattern="%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%t] %-5level %logger{36} - %msg%n" />
    </Console>
    <RollingFile name="File" fileName="logs/guideme.log" filePattern="logs/$${date:yyyy-MM}/guideme-%d{MM-dd-yyyy}-%i.log">
      <Policies>
        <TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy />
        <SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy size="10 MB" />
      </Policies>
      <DefaultRolloverStrategy max="3" />
      <PatternLayout pattern="%d{ISO8601} %-5level %logger{1} - %msg%n%throwable" />
      <MarkerFilter marker="JSCRIPT" onMatch="DENY" onMismatch="ACCEPT" />
    </RollingFile>
    <RollingFile name="Jscript" fileName="logs/jscript.log" filePattern="logs/$${date:yyyy-MM}/jscript-%d{MM-dd-yyyy}-%i.log">
      <Policies>
      </Policies>
      <MarkerFilter marker="JSCRIPT" onMatch="ACCEPT" onMismatch="DENY" />
    </RollingFile>
    <RollingFile name="Vlcj" fileName="logs/vlc.log" filePattern="logs/$${date:yyyy-MM}/vlc-%d{MM-dd-yyyy}-%i.log">
      <Policies>
      </Policies>
    </RollingFile>
  </appenders>
  <loggers>
    <logger name="uk.co.caprica.vlcj" level="debug" additivity="false">
      <appender-ref ref="Vlcj" />
    </logger>
    <root level="trace">
      <appender-ref ref="File" />
      <appender-ref ref="Jscript" />
      <appender-ref ref="Console"/>
    </root>
  </loggers>
</configuration>
I tried the log4j2.xml you provided and no change. There's still no log files created at all.

I replaced javaw with java in start.bat as suggested and the very first line of output is
ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging implementation. Please add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger to log to the console...
The file log4j-core-2.8.2.jar is in the GuideMe_lib folder and start.bat certainly seems to include that. Puzzling.

I can't test the debugger issue at the moment as I don't have access to my 64 bit machine. I'll report back when I can.

PG
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

lawman5297 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 pm Philo, I tried this and it didnt help. I played around with these and it gave me the ability to use the scroll bars to scroll the image but still would not load it entirely. I do have IE.11 but I am a Chrome kinda guy.
I have a fix for this now (I hope)
I have a hard coded factor that I was using to fix a similar issue when I first wrote GuideMe.
I have made this an application setting, so hopefully you will be able to play around with the number to make it fit as this seems to be hardware specific.