GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.3.4

Post by bobhill »

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but here are two ways to display text in a GM page, using the <text> node:

Code: Select all

<Text>
	<p class="model">30 slow strokes!</p>
	<span>vHeaderText</span>
</Text>
The first line is a simple CSS class plus the text to display and the second line displays a table defined using html assigned to a text variable defined in a js function.

var vText = ""
	vText = vText + "<table style=\"width:100%; margin: auto; text-align: center\">";
	vText = vText + "<tr>";	
	vText = vText + "<td style=\"width:33%\">"
	vText = vText + "<table style=\"width:100%; border: 3px solid grey\"><tr><td style=\"background-color: #006400\">";
	vText = vText + "<span style=\"color: #ffffff; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold\">" + vUser.XP.toString() + "</span><br/>";
	vText = vText + "<span style=\"color: #ffffff; font-size: 16px\">" + "XP" + "</span>";
	vText = vText + "</td></tr></table>";
	vText = vText + "</td>";
	etc...

scriptVars.put("vHeaderText", vText);
Hope that helps.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by RemiHiyama »

That's even better than what I was looking for, thank you.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
301stLegion
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 301stLegion »

goodman854 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 am Is there a downloader for these new html5 teases or w/e they are?
I've no idea, I defiantly can't use any of the older ones. The new tease system must have stop them from working. :-(
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

Hi, I was working on my new tease for GuideMe 0.3.4 and noticed there is probably memory leak in this version. I've decided to move to higher version but it seems both 0.3.6 and 0.3.8 aren't backward compatible. There are no images and buttons when I load my tease in newer versions and debug windnow doesn't give me any useful information. I've tryied to search for answer but finding anything in this huge thread is a nightmare.

My question is - was there some change between 0.3.4 and 0.3.6 that breaks old teases? Can someone please point me to information on what parts of code needs to be fixed to run on newest version of GuideMe?
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

I have a little information on sorting our the versions here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12944&start=1215#p254787

But it does not directly answer your question and I can't remember a specific change that would cause this issue.

Not to be obvious, but have you reviewed the log files for errors?
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

Yes I've checked the logs but I can't see any obvious errors.
I've tried different teases and the problem seems to be the same.

Maybe I'll have to try to downgrade.
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

I discovered some weired behavior with state data if the GuideMe Scripting Engine is used. This bug is seems to be known there, but unfortunately their workarounds did not help.

I found another workaround which also may help you to find the bug. (I used GuideMe 3.8 and ScriptingEngine 1.53):
  1. Try to load 'SarasTease.xml'. Error:

ERROR Jscript -  FileRunScript ReferenceError: "loadScript" is not defined. (pageScript#7)
    ('ScriptEngine.js' which defines this function is loaded correctly)
  2. copy 'SarasTease.xml' to another file, e.g. 'SarasTease2.xml'
  3. remove line

<Include file="Common/ScriptEngine.js" />
    and insert the file directly
  4. 'SarasTease2.xml' works now, run it
  5. copy 'SarasTease2.state' to 'SarasTease.state' in the data directory
  6. 'SarasTease.xml' works now to
GAsm -- A guide assembler with EStim support to generate interactive teases that run in a browser.
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

mantrid wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 pm I discovered some weired behavior with state data if the GuideMe Scripting Engine is used. This bug is seems to be known there, but unfortunately their workarounds did not help.

I found another workaround which also may help you to find the bug. (I used GuideMe 3.8 and ScriptingEngine 1.53):
  1. Try to load 'SarasTease.xml'. Error:

ERROR Jscript -  FileRunScript ReferenceError: "loadScript" is not defined. (pageScript#7)
    ('ScriptEngine.js' which defines this function is loaded correctly)
  2. copy 'SarasTease.xml' to another file, e.g. 'SarasTease2.xml'
  3. remove line

4. 'SarasTease2.xml' works now, run it
  5. copy 'SarasTease2.state' to 'SarasTease.state' in the data directory
  6. 'SarasTease.xml' works now to
I suspect your file/folder setup is not correct as you should not be having these issues.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

bobhill wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:56 pm I suspect your file/folder setup is not correct as you should not be having these issues.
Only difference between Step 1 and Step 6 is the state file. If I overwrite the state file with the one of the other version it works. As soon I delete the state the error occurs again.

How can that be a setup error.

BTW, the size of the state heavily differs (factor 200).

I even recompiled GuideMe. Result is the same.
GAsm -- A guide assembler with EStim support to generate interactive teases that run in a browser.
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

mantrid wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 pm [*] remove line

The reason I said it's might be a setup issue is that this step seems to indicate that it can't find the ScriptEngine file.

I don't know how you can get an error if there is a missing state file, because the program will just generate a new state file when you run the GM file next time. I consistently delete the state file when I'm programming a new GM file.

Lastly, could you please clarify what you mean by "recompile GuideMe"? Do you mean you reinstalled it?

I'm just trying to narrow down the issues to see if I can help you. I'm running a complex GM file that uses ScriptEngine on GM 3.8 and SE 1.53 with none of the issues you are describing.

Is this what your setup looks like?

You should also have a folder named "ScriptTeases" containing the following
                ScriptTeases
                    |-- Audio
                    |-- Common
                    |-- Models
                    |     \-- Sarah
                    |-- Scripts
                    |-- Slideshow
                    \-- Video

The Audio folder is for sounds used in your teases.
    The Common folder is used to hold the ScriptEngine itself and additional
    support files.
    The Models folder is for your images. Keep them in subfolders of this folder like
    the Models/Sarah example.
    The Scripts folder is where all the scripts go. ** No longer required in version 1.5 and above.
      Starting in version 1.5 you can set the ScriptPath variable to specify a list of folders
      to search.
mantrid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mantrid »

bobhill wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:07 pm The reason I said it's might be a setup issue is that this step seems to indicate that it can't find the ScriptEngine file.
'ScriptEngine.js' is found because its content is listed in 'jscript.log'
I don't know how you can get an error if there is a missing state file, because the program will just generate a new state file when you run the GM file next time. I consistently delete the state file when I'm programming a new GM file.
I'll try to explain it again. Maybe my first report was not clear (the issue is also a little bit weired):
  1. Copy 'SarasTease.xml' to 'SarasTease2.xml', remove the include line and insert 'ScriptEngine.js' instead of it
  2. Delete state files 'SarasTease.state' and 'SarasTease2.state'
  3. Load 'SarasTease2.xml': works
  4. Load 'SarasTease.xml': reference errors because JS functions cannot be found. But I can see the definition of these function in the GlobalJavaScript listing of 'jscript.log'.
  5. Overwrite 'SarasTease.state' by 'SarasTease2.state'
  6. 'SarasTease2.xml' now works too
Lastly, could you please clarify what you mean by "recompile GuideMe"? Do you mean you reinstalled it?
I downloaded the sources an complied them.
I'm just trying to narrow down the issues to see if I can help you.
Thanks, I need no help -- the workaround works.

But maybe the GM team wants the check this. If you are involved in GM development or one the GM developers is interested in, I can send a bunch of state files and log files per PM.
Yes, I swear: thats how it looks like. I just unpacked the .zip archive into the 'GuideMe' directory.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

mantrid wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:31 pm
bobhill wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:07 pm The reason I said it's might be a setup issue is that this step seems to indicate that it can't find the ScriptEngine file.
'ScriptEngine.js' is found because its content is listed in 'jscript.log'
I'll try to explain it again. Maybe my first report was not clear (the issue is also a little bit weired):
  1. Copy 'SarasTease.xml' to 'SarasTease2.xml', remove the include line and insert 'ScriptEngine.js' instead of it
  2. Delete state files 'SarasTease.state' and 'SarasTease2.state'
  3. Load 'SarasTease2.xml': works
  4. Load 'SarasTease.xml': reference errors because JS functions cannot be found. But I can see the definition of these function in the GlobalJavaScript listing of 'jscript.log'.
  5. Overwrite 'SarasTease.state' by 'SarasTease2.state'
  6. 'SarasTease2.xml' now works too
I downloaded the sources an complied them.
I'm just trying to narrow down the issues to see if I can help you.
Thanks, I need no help -- the workaround works.

But maybe the GM team wants the check this. If you are involved in GM development or one the GM developers is interested in, I can send a bunch of state files and log files per PM.
Yes, I swear: thats how it looks like. I just unpacked the .zip archive into the 'GuideMe' directory.
There are issues with complex javascript and state.
Guideme was never designed to do anything as complex as the scripting engine.
It was designed to do simple logic and to store data in the state file.
With the script engine it ends up storing complex java code objects in the state file and serializing and de-serializing to and from a file on disk does not cope well with that.
It does sort of work but is not consistent, I have not got to the bottom of why.

I changed to a far more demanding job about a year ago and have not really had the time or energy to work on guide me.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Bug Report - overRide.setVideo()

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Hi philo,

I've found another little issue in Guideme. I add a video to a page using overRide.setVideo(), and specify the start-at and stop-at parameters to play a portion of the video, and a target page to go to when the video ends.

When the video ends, a blank page like this is shown for about 1/2 second, and then the target page appears.
VideoBug.png
VideoBug.png (11.09 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
This zip file contains a demo of the issue.
https://mega.nz/#!u11WySrI!y8nVJvLuaHV1 ... ROX47ZcjiY
I tested this in Guideme 3.6, 3.8 and 4.0 and the issue is present in all versions so it's been there for a while.

The issue does not occur if I place the video in the page using the <Video> xml node, AND let the video play to the end. However, if the page also includes a button that you can click to skip the video, pressing that button causes the issue to manifest, regardless of how the video is added to the page.

Thanks,

PG
JerryLee06
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by JerryLee06 »

Version 4.0 ??? Where can I find GM 4.0 ?
dkf2003
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by dkf2003 »

Everytime I try to open it, I keep on getting an error that it couldn't open GuideMe64.3.8\java\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg
Does anyone know how to fix this?