GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

hotiger1
Explorer
Explorer

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.3.4

Post by hotiger1 »

Yes to everything :( the program works absolutely fine on another (even older) laptop and my PC
I even copied the whole directory to the laptop - doesn't work :-/
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

hotiger1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 pm Yes to everything :( the program works absolutely fine on another (even older) laptop and my PC
I even copied the whole directory to the laptop - doesn't work :-/
Delete everything out of the logs directory.
Run the tease to the point where you get the problem.
Quit out of guideme.
Have a look at what is in guideme.log there may be something obvious in there.
If you can't see anything, then if you pm me a copy of the log files I will have a look.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Bug with overRide.setPage()

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Hi Philo,

It seems there is a small issue in Guideme 3.6 and 3.7 on pages that use overRide.setPage() to go to a different page.
What should happen (and does in Guideme 1.5 and Guideme 3.3) is that the pageload() function executes, and the overRide.setPage() call sends you to a different page.

In Guideme 3.6 and 3.7 what happens is that the page with the overRide.setPage() call in it displays briefly, then the proper target page is displayed. It creates an annoying delay and flicker. This makes my Guideme Script Engine almost unusable since it would annoy everyone to death.

Interestingly, if I use overRide.setDelay() it works the same as using a delay in the page and you don't get the intermediate page displayed, so at least there's a nice workaround.

This zip file contains a tease to illustrate the issue. https://mega.nz/#!a48CCaaJ!JAQume8kqbH ... flWzLF_NVU

Thanks,

PG
spirit
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by spirit »

I'm trying to make the logs files easier to read for debugging my guide.

The problem is mainly that the log files get incredibly long when the scripts are complicated and there are a lot of page changes, because the whole script is output to the log every time.

I've worked around this by setting the

Code: Select all

<root level="error">
instead of

<root level="debug">
in log4j2.xml which solved that problem. But now I can't see the actual log messages (such as error messages) output by my script with jscriptLog().

So my question is: Is there any way to make your script/guide output something to the log that will be logged even when the root level is set to error? I'm hoping for something like a jscriptError() function. And if there isn't, could it be added as a feature request for some future version?

Thanks!
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

spirit wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 am I'm trying to make the logs files easier to read for debugging my guide.

The problem is mainly that the log files get incredibly long when the scripts are complicated and there are a lot of page changes, because the whole script is output to the log every time.

I've worked around this by setting the

<root level="error">
instead of

<root level="debug">
in log4j2.xml which solved that problem. But now I can't see the actual log messages (such as error messages) output by my script with jscriptLog().

So my question is: Is there any way to make your script/guide output something to the log that will be logged even when the root level is set to error? I'm hoping for something like a jscriptError() function. And if there isn't, could it be added as a feature request for some future version?

Thanks!
Log levels work like this
log4j.png
log4j.png (24.63 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
Unfortunately at the moment everything is logged as info or error

I have changed the code to

error Couldn't find function
error JavaScriptError
error FileRunScript
info jscriptLog call by author
debug Page:
debug javaFunction:
debug pageloading:
debug Starting ScriptVariables:
debug Starting Flags
debug Ending ScriptVariables:
debug Ending Flags
trace javaScriptText:
trace globalJavaScriptText:

This will be in the next release.
If you think the levels are wrong let me know.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Bug with overRide.setPage()

Post by philo »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 pm Hi Philo,

It seems there is a small issue in Guideme 3.6 and 3.7 on pages that use overRide.setPage() to go to a different page.
What should happen (and does in Guideme 1.5 and Guideme 3.3) is that the pageload() function executes, and the overRide.setPage() call sends you to a different page.

In Guideme 3.6 and 3.7 what happens is that the page with the overRide.setPage() call in it displays briefly, then the proper target page is displayed. It creates an annoying delay and flicker. This makes my Guideme Script Engine almost unusable since it would annoy everyone to death.

Interestingly, if I use overRide.setDelay() it works the same as using a delay in the page and you don't get the intermediate page displayed, so at least there's a nice workaround.

This zip file contains a tease to illustrate the issue. https://mega.nz/#!a48CCaaJ!JAQume8kqbH ... flWzLF_NVU

Thanks,

PG
Will have a look when I get a chance.
spirit
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spirit »

philo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:43 pm Unfortunately at the moment everything is logged as info or error

I have changed the code to

error Couldn't find function
error JavaScriptError
error FileRunScript
info jscriptLog call by author
debug Page:
debug javaFunction:
debug pageloading:
debug Starting ScriptVariables:
debug Starting Flags
debug Ending ScriptVariables:
debug Ending Flags
trace javaScriptText:
trace globalJavaScriptText:

This will be in the next release.
If you think the levels are wrong let me know.
No, that looks like it would make me able to do what I'm trying for, since I could then just set the level info and get the info from my jscriptLog calls without all the debugging info fill the debug info.

Good solution. Looking forward to next release :)
Dawn_of_Dark
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dawn_of_Dark »

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been asked yet. I'm having issues with the downloader/importer program made by philo (again). I'm using what I presume to be the latest version, 0.0.9.

If I try to download Flash teases, which I guess are now technically HTML5 teases, it will download the images and the xml file but not separate them into folders with correct names and such like they used to (see image).
Spoiler: show
Instead, now it would download all the images directly into the directory folder itself, and the name of the tease would show up as 'blank', the xml file name will be ".xml".

If I try to download classic teases, it simply doesn't work at all.

Has philo worked out a fix for this?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 am Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been asked yet. I'm having issues with the downloader/importer program made by philo (again). I'm using what I presume to be the latest version, 0.0.9.

If I try to download Flash teases, which I guess are now technically HTML5 teases, it will download the images and the xml file but not separate them into folders with correct names and such like they used to (see image).
Spoiler: show
Instead, now it would download all the images directly into the directory folder itself, and the name of the tease would show up as 'blank', the xml file name will be ".xml".

If I try to download classic teases, it simply doesn't work at all.

Has philo worked out a fix for this?
Tried to download a flash tease yesterday and realised it wasn't working.
Have fixed it for flash teases, have not tried it for classic, will hopefully get both fixed this weekend and release a new version

Edit new jar file. Download this one and overwrite your old one with it.
https://mega.nz/#!xYJgzCyY!IfcxTWw2IaJz ... mebwXca_tw
Dawn_of_Dark
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dawn_of_Dark »

philo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:15 pm Tried to download a flash tease yesterday and realised it wasn't working.
Have fixed it for flash teases, have not tried it for classic, will hopefully get both fixed this weekend and release a new version

Thanks for the fix.

Will check back on this thread whenever you release a fix for both classic and flash.

BTW, do you have a thread where you update whenever you release a new version/fix? The link in the OP of this thread for the downloader is 0.0.5, 32-bit version, which I believe to be way out of date.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:04 pm
philo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:15 pm Tried to download a flash tease yesterday and realised it wasn't working.

Thanks for the fix.

Will check back on this thread whenever you release a fix for both classic and flash.

BTW, do you have a thread where you update whenever you release a new version/fix? The link in the OP of this thread for the downloader is 0.0.5, 32-bit version, which I believe to be way out of date.
Sorry didn't say, that should fix it for both

OP is owned by d3vi0n the original idea for teaseme was his, takenaga picked it up and then I wrote Guideme (which was originally going to be a collaboration with tekanaga)
d3vi0n was responsible for the communication side, but has not been on since June, only he can edit the OP.

Not sure how to get it updated unless he comes back.
Dawn_of_Dark
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dawn_of_Dark »

philo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:04 am Sorry didn't say, that should fix it for both

OP is owned by d3vi0n the original idea for teaseme was his, takenaga picked it up and then I wrote Guideme (which was originally going to be a collaboration with tekanaga)
d3vi0n was responsible for the communication side, but has not been on since June, only he can edit the OP.

Right. So how do I best keep up to date with the downloader versions then?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Dawn_of_Dark wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:32 am
philo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:04 am Sorry didn't say, that should fix it for both

Right. So how do I best keep up to date with the downloader versions then?
For now I have put them in my signature until I can think of a better way
CorruptedBliss
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by CorruptedBliss »

Hi I am using the importer. Initially I had the problem where I got errors in the log when it tried to download any of the media. All I got was a ".xml" file.

I replaced my jar with the one you posted recently. Now the problem is when I hit save, the whole program just exits out. There is nothing written on the log either. Any help?
Thanks.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

CorruptedBliss wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:21 am Hi I am using the importer. Initially I had the problem where I got errors in the log when it tried to download any of the media. All I got was a ".xml" file.

I replaced my jar with the one you posted recently. Now the problem is when I hit save, the whole program just exits out. There is nothing written on the log either. Any help?
Thanks.
Have you tried down loading the latest version in my signature? (should be just below this post)
I tested it before I uploaded it, so that might work.
It is the complete download not just the jar file