Cock Hero - Randomiser

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

FriendlyNeighbor
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Cock Hero - Randomiser

Post by FriendlyNeighbor »

I know this is a dead post/topic, but i would love to get a copy of this with an updated DB.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

FriendlyNeighbor wrote:I know this is a dead post/topic, but i would love to get a copy of this with an updated DB.
As for the program, that is on page 12 of this thread in an attachment:
viewtopic.php?p=144441#p144441
craftytouch
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by craftytouch »

The rar file on pg 12 works.
bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade »

Sorry to necro this thread.

So, I remembered that I was working on the randomizer some time last year. I dusted off that work, tried to fix a few things, got frustrated... and then over the last couple weeks, I completely rewrote it. It is mostly the same in form/function as the current one with a few differences.

Biggest changes:
I added a "remote control" panel which lets you specify the start/stop of rounds as you watch them. This includes watching videos that you don't have any rounds already set up for. When you start watching a video with no rounds, it will add a "dummy" round to it which starts at 0 and is 24 hours long. Then, as you watch it, you can hit the "Start" button to change the start time of the "current" round, and the end button to change the end time. If there's still time left in the playing video, it will add another dummy round starting at the current time.

Since this would be hard to do in the "play a random round mode", there's a check box to change between Round mode and Video mode. Video mode will not try to play a new round/video when it reaches the end of the current round or video. That way you can freely edit the video you are watching without it jumping around.

On the remote control window I also have buttons to add/delete rounds, to skip forward and backward in 5 and 15 second increments, and to quickly skip to the beginning or end of the current round or video.

I also have a way to "bury" rounds that you don't like. This will keep their information in the XML file, but will make it to where the round won't be randomly selected when you're in round mode. When you are in video mode, if the round is in a video you are watching... it may still come up. If all rounds for a video are buried, the video won't show up in the list.

I also added a drop down to switch XML files. I have a perl script which will read the CHDB.xml file, and will do a search for video files, and then will make an "orphans.xml" file which has the basic structure for any videos that were not present in the CHDB.xml file. The drop down will switch to the orphans file so that you can try to annotate rounds that you are missing.

I have a bit of testing to do to make sure that last thing works in a non-debugging setting. Currently I have hard coded some paths that I will need to change to be application-relative (like they are in the current randomizer).

Minor changes:
You can select a particular video to play by clicking on it in the list.
It looks different.
It might take a bit less time to start up. I don't do an exhaustive check for all the videos every time. I really only check if its been a couple days since the last time I checked.
You may need a new .NET runtime package. I think I use features that are in .NET 4.5, so if you don't have that you may need it.

OK, so where is it??? Umm, well, I am going to set up a git hub for it, and once I've got that set up, I will release the source there, and some binaries, along with an updated set of XML files.

My preference is to not have the github page be directly referencing the purpose of this application, so I will put the XML files on postbin or something.

Since the last time I said "I will post later after I clean some stuff up" was almost a year ago, sorry... this time I mean it! Hound me over PMs if I haven't gotten back to you in a couple days.
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

Cool! I'm glad someone decided to work on this.

Does your iteration have a limit to the number of rounds or videos that are supported or "buried"? The old program had a similar issue.
zoltan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by zoltan »

bbampfade wrote:Sorry to necro this thread.
Biggest changes:
I added a "remote control" panel which lets you specify the start/stop of rounds as you watch them. This includes watching videos that you don't have any rounds already set up for. When you start watching a video with no rounds, it will add a "dummy" round to it which starts at 0 and is 24 hours long. Then, as you watch it, you can hit the "Start" button to change the start time of the "current" round, and the end button to change the end time. If there's still time left in the playing video, it will add another dummy round starting at the current time.
Wow this sounds amazing. Can't wait to try it out!

Want to join Milovana? PM zoltan901 on Reddit to ask for an invite code!
bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade »

Initial release:

https://github.com/bbampfade/ch-randomi ... .0.1-alpha

Oops, I had a small bug where it would forget if it were in fullscreen after a round ended.

https://github.com/bbampfade/ch-randomi ... .1-alpha.1

You can also browse/clone the source or w/e. You can build it yourself if you have Visual Studio. I use the Community Edition which is free. Also, I am new to github so I think you can submit fixes but I will have to approve them all.

Zip file should have everything you need except the XML files. If it doesn't, please let me know what sort of errors you are encountering. The XML files need to be in the same folder as the excutable. The XML currently only supports paths relative to the directory. That's something I will probably fix at some point.

I think most stuff in the app is pretty straight-forward so I don't have much of an introductory spiel. If you have questions, let me know.

Oh, I got rid of the "make your own tease" feature because i never used it and didn't really understand it very well. If that's a feature folks use and can explain what you want it to do, I can look into adding it back in.

Also there's an "Always On Top" check mark which currently does nothing. It was easy to implement this in WinForms, but when I switched to WPF it wasn't as simple and I never got around to it.

Software is provided as-is, no warranty. I will eventually get around to putting a license on it GPL or MIT or something but consider it "free" as in "freely provided", and I'd rather you didn't take it and make money with it but I'm not your dad.
EDIT: I am release under the MIT license. I added it to the repo, here's a look if you are interested: http://choosealicense.com/licenses/mit/

Here's a pastebin with what my files look like at the moment. I am in the middle of testing the application so there could be duplicates or overlap that I haven't noticed.

CHDB.xml:

http://pastebin.com/7shuNS7u

orphans.xml:

http://pastebin.com/egE8CXHQ
Last edited by bbampfade on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade »

zenetix wrote:Cool! I'm glad someone decided to work on this.

Does your iteration have a limit to the number of rounds or videos that are supported or "buried"? The old program had a similar issue.
I don't think so..? How did the issue present?

I rewrote the whole thing so I don't think I carried forward any bugs from the original program.

I definitely interface with the XML files differently. I use LINQ-to-XML (XDocument, XNode, XElement) where I think AndyP was using regular system.xml stuff (Xmlnodelist) and then creating an internal structure to hold everything he read out of the file. I just leave it all in the file and pass around references to XElements for the most part.

If the bug was a memory thing, or something else like that, I don't know. I have 1462 rounds loaded in the main file, I haven't noticed anything weird.
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

I don't think so..? How did the issue present?
It wouldn't start the program if you had more than a certain number of rounds/videos (can't remember exactly how many). If you have 1462 rounds loaded you probably would have noticed something by now.
bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade »

New release:

https://github.com/bbampfade/ch-randomi ... .1.0-alpha

This release contains a new feature. It was a feature I saw in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18960&p=221347#p221347

I did not implement everything suggested in that post, but this is a good first stab at it.

The way you can access it is by using the "Tag Editor" button on the main window.

That will bring up a window that lets you add tags to a given scene. The tag editor has a two panels: a tree view with all your loaded videos and all their loaded rounds, and a panel where you can click and add tags. The tags look like the tags you can add to stuff in evernote. The tag editor will autocomplete with any tags that were present in your tag XML file before you started the program. I need to make it update the autocomplete while you're adding new tags, but I haven't done that yet.

On the panel where you can type tags in, there are three buttons. The first one looks like a unlinked chain. Clicking it will make it to where when the player starts playing a round, it is automatically selected in the tag editor. It doesn't work quite right... I wouldn't use it yet. I forget exactly what it was doing wrong so it might work fine... YMMV. The second button looks like two downward pointing arrows, when you hit it, it will put the current playing round as the current round in the tag editor. This button works correctly, and is a manual way of doing what the other one is supposed to do. The third button looks like a play button. It will play whatever round you have selected (i.e. if you selected a round in the tree view, it will start playing it in the player). Essentially it does the opposite of the 2nd button.

To set preferences (which are obeyed in the random playback mode), you use the "Tag preferences..." button on the main window. It has a 3 column list with all your tags in it. The first column is tags that MUST be present for a round to be selected. The 2nd column is tags that CAN be present. The 3rd column is tags that MUST NOT be present.

I have an updated copy of the CHDB.xml file here, which has tags I've entered. It is not exhaustive by any means. I don't have a particularly good way of maintaining this for the community other than allowing folks to submit their own (like we've been doing up to this point for round timings), to either myself or posted in this thread. If I see some posted in this thread, I will try to merge them into mine.
My copy is here: CHDB -> http://pastebin.com/rVd6pME9
orphans -> http://pastebin.com/XE05dyhd

There's also a new XML file that contains the list of all the tags, and the preferences you have set. This will update with anything that existed only in the CHDB.xml file, so you can start without one if you want. I also have uploaded mine, so you can start there too. It's at the following link (filename is tagdb.xml): http://pastebin.com/qt9wHaiq
JuliaKitty
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by JuliaKitty »

bbampfade wrote:New release:

https://github.com/bbampfade/ch-randomi ... .1.0-alpha

This release contains a new feature. It was a feature I saw in this post:
I downloaded this but have no clue how to make this work. It just says no videos found check ur XML files, path used: C:/....
bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade »

In the same folder as the executable it will look for 3 files: CHDB.xml, orphans.xml and tagdb.xml; I think it doesn't care if they exist and will make them if they don't.

CHDB.xml and orphans.xml have the same general format:

Code: Select all

<CH>
<!-- many video entries, one of which might look like this: -->

<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">
    <Filename>Faster Than Cum Series\Cock Hero Faster Than Cum #2 (Ready To Cum #2 Rework).mp4</Filename>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:00:43.5020000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:05:10.7030000</EndTime>
      <SkillRating>1</SkillRating>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:05:31.4130000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:09:02.6620000</EndTime>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:09:02.6620000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:12:13.9060000</EndTime>
    </Round>
  </VIDEO>
  </CH>
The text inside the Filename tag needs to be a path to the video file. The copies I put up on Pastebin have paths that make sense for where I have the app and the videos. The paths are relative to where the app sits. (Note: I should fix this and allow you to put absolute paths here... but right now it is going to prepend the entire path up to where the app is to whatever you put in this field).

When you start up the program it is going to check to see if those files exist. If the file is empty, or if none of the paths resolve to files, you will get the error message you got.

So... to fix your problem... I don't really know enough about your setup. To run this, you need at least one video in either the CHDB or orphans XML file, and it has to exist at a path relative to the app.

If you just want to start the thing without worrying about it, you can put the "<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">" in place of any opening <VIDEO> tag from the copy up on pastebin.. it will check again if the LastChecked date is older than 2 days. So you can just bump the day in that example to work around it...

Though, if it can't find any videos, it won't be very useful.
JuliaKitty
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by JuliaKitty »

bbampfade wrote:In the same folder as the executable it will look for 3 files: CHDB.xml, orphans.xml and tagdb.xml; I think it doesn't care if they exist and will make them if they don't.

CHDB.xml and orphans.xml have the same general format:

<CH>
<!-- many video entries, one of which might look like this: -->

<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">
    <Filename>Faster Than Cum Series\Cock Hero Faster Than Cum #2 (Ready To Cum #2 Rework).mp4</Filename>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:00:43.5020000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:05:10.7030000</EndTime>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:05:31.4130000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:09:02.6620000</EndTime>
    </Round>
    <Round>
      <StartTime>00:09:02.6620000</StartTime>
      <EndTime>00:12:13.9060000</EndTime>
    </Round>
  </VIDEO>
  </CH>
The text inside the Filename tag needs to be a path to the video file. The copies I put up on Pastebin have paths that make sense for where I have the app and the videos. The paths are relative to where the app sits. (Note: I should fix this and allow you to put absolute paths here... but right now it is going to prepend the entire path up to where the app is to whatever you put in this field).

When you start up the program it is going to check to see if those files exist. If the file is empty, or if none of the paths resolve to files, you will get the error message you got.

So... to fix your problem... I don't really know enough about your setup. To run this, you need at least one video in either the CHDB or orphans XML file, and it has to exist at a path relative to the app.

If you just want to start the thing without worrying about it, you can put the "<VIDEO Exists="true" LastChecked="2016-12-22T17:37:58.5791196-06:00">" in place of any opening <VIDEO> tag from the copy up on pastebin.. it will check again if the LastChecked date is older than 2 days. So you can just bump the day in that example to work around it...

Though, if it can't find any videos, it won't be very useful.
Spoiler: show
Theres CHDB and Orphans in the XML folder but there are CHDB, Orphans and Tags in the main Alpha folder so do i need to fill them both or just certain ones? also do i need to download the source codes?. Im testing with cock hero 1 and the video is in XML folder with CHDB and orphans and in the CHDB i changed the filename to match the actual video name
^ Never mind that :p I got it to work by following the instructions more carefully, Im so bad with coding and stuff but thank you so much :)
And if someone is having similar issues, I forgot to put the .avi or .mp4 etc in the end of the filename :p
bbampfade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbampfade »

bbampfade wrote:The paths are relative to where the app sits. (Note: I should fix this and allow you to put absolute paths here... but right now it is going to prepend the entire path up to where the app is to whatever you put in this field).
Quick re-release to fix the bug I mention in this quote. Now you can specify paths relative to the app, or give it a full path.

No guarantees that you will produce valid XML when you attempt to do this, but my suggestion would be to do your paths like this (if you need absolute paths): (using / instead of \)... I don't know if this is necessary, didn't take the time to test it with backslashes.

<VIDEO>
  <Filename>C:/FolderWithVideos/VideoName.mp4</Filename>
</VIDEO>
https://github.com/bbampfade/ch-randomi ... .1.1-alpha
Llamadude
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Llamadude »

Love the idea of this randomiser!

Any chance this is still maintained?

I noticed that it doesn't seem to be truly random, at least not for me. It seems to really 'prefer' some scenes to the point where I can tell that it only plays certain rounds from certain videos - it's as if it just doesn't see some of the others.