[RELEASE]Cock Hero RPG - The Amulet of Power

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

mortimer
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE]Cock Hero RPG - The Amulet of Power

Post by mortimer »

Helequin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:20 am I haven't managed to play too far into this one, but I wanted to just say congrats on getting the game out and there's definitely a continuous increase in quality for your games! So great job!

Overall it's pretty fun, I couldn't seem to get the skippers to work during a video only preemptively so mostly ignored their existence. That's a somewhat difficult balance in having the random fights have some teeth verses trying to avoid repetitive content.

If there's one big point of feedback for me it's that the CH videos feel a bit tacked on and random. There's no real rhyme or reason (that I could tell) as to when they play, or what the consequence would be if I can't hold back and have to cum. On top of that, all the player's attacks are overtly sexual acts, but they never trigger a video. You would think if the player's master plan is to fuck all the nymphs to exhaustion he'd have to well...fuck (e.g. stroke to a CH)?

I'm not sure RPGMaker is really capable of it, but a little more immersion as to why the videos are showing up and context of what they mean would add a lot to an already fun game for me. It would be really interesting if something like this could go so far as to have more powerful attacks from the player require higher intensity videos when they show up, and some sort of button in game to add consequences to cumming early. I know, probably much easier said than created, so just wild ideas right now.

Hopefully that can help some for the next project, otherwise great work and very fun!
In the first game, some attacks had videos, but you cannot ad a random video to a attack, so you end up playing the same video 1000 times and start avoiding the skills with videos.

If i find a way to randomize the videos for attacks, I will add them to the list.
tmp_pmt has a huge brain and can change how the game selects videos, he sent me something I don't fully understand
Hi Mortimer,

not sure, whether you have seen my post: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21785

In short: with that tool, you can create simple database (.json) of clips from site like xHamster and then play it in browser. Database also contains music clips with beatmeter definition from Beatmeter generator. Beatmeter is rendered on the fly for random clip. As it is database, you can simply choose clips based on criteria.
This tool can be connected to any html/js game and take care of video content.

Even shorter: I took your Amulet game. Deleted all clips in movies folder and did some small changes. Now, when game requests to play clip, it streams it from 3rd party site (xHamster in demo) (no need to distribute clips along with game). With this, you can add hundreds of clips into game for almost no costs. You can also ask people for creating beats in Beatmeter generator and use it in game (outsourcing work). You can place game on web and it should not kill your data limit, because clips are streamed from other sites etc.

Here you can download what I did with Amulet (less than 0.5 GB): https://mega.nz/#!Ys9FBIDK!PzUzSquVuGnB ... POFM2yPJCQ
It is still full game, but as it is only demo, I changed only clips for level 1 enemies.
Before, parameter in CommonEvents.json looked for example like this: "f1_1", now it looks like this: [{"category1":["Outdoor"]},{"category2":["Blonde"]},{"category3":["Solo"]}] and it says - choose random clip from database, that meets these categories.

CHBM has many features, you can use in your game - including speech synthesis, color texts (related to music track or to specific video). I recommend to download very small package from original post and see documentation there. (For Amulet I continued development and completely separeted CHBM part from any game using it, but features list is still valid)

For fun, CHBM counts strokes and returns it back into Amulet, so you can base experience on it, for example...

Here is list of changes I did in Amulet code. It is also included in _CHANGES_.txt which is inside .zip

1] js/Main.js - rem onLoad();

2] add
SceneManager.run(Scene_Boot);
into onLoad() in index.html (... index.html is very different now...)

3] change command261 in js/rpg_objects.js to:
// Play Movie
Game_Interpreter.prototype.command261 = function() {
if (!$gameMessage.isBusy()) {
// var name = this._params[0];
// if (name.length > 0) {
// var ext = this.videoFileExt();
// Graphics.playVideo('movies/' + name + ext);
// this.setWaitMode('video');
// }
this.setWaitMode('video');
this._videoInProgress = true;
CHBMApp.sendQuery(this._params, function(beatsPlayed) {
console.log("- Clip ended -");
console.log("Beats played: " + beatsPlayed);
this._videoInProgress = false;
}.bind(this));

this._index++;
}
return false;
};

4] adjust js/plugins/WaitForVideoEndFix.js (case 'video'):
case 'video':
// if (this._isVideoStarted && !Graphics.isVideoPlaying()) {
// waiting = false;
// this._isVideoStarted = false;
// }
// else {
// waiting = true;
// if (Graphics.isVideoPlaying())
// this._isVideoStarted = true;
// }
waiting = this._videoInProgress;
break;

5] For fullscreen change this line in js/rpg_core.js:
this._stretchEnabled = this._defaultStretchMode();
to:
this._stretchEnabled = true;

6] allow user to set somehow beat sound shift. Send set value into CHBM with:
CHBMApp.setBeatTimeShift(value);

Only drawback is, that video shows any ads, that sites display before playing video and user has to start video manually after closing ads and when video starts playing. This is impact of cross-origin restrictions (game on server A, but clips on server B). If you had clips on the same site as game, user experience would be better.

Let me know, whether you found this interesting. I thing, you can massively improve video side of your games (more clips, less repetitions, much smaller download size, etc.)

Cheers,
tpm_pmt
tmp_pmt
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tmp_pmt »

tmp_pmt has a huge brain and can change how the game selects videos, he sent me something I don't fully understand
Mortimer, I have no problem to explain :-)

Games made in RPG Maker are in fact HTML apps. It has index.html as starting point and it displays big canvas over whole screen in which game plays (remember, you put in past Enslaver on web page and it worked). When you create executable, then it just somehow creates app with minimal browser inside, but it still uses your index.html, your assets, etc.

On web pages you can have windows displayed over windows - simply imagine ad over youtube video. It is small window over video window.

Now, my CHBM does this:
- maintains list of musics and beats made in Beatmeter Generator. Anyone can take .mp3 music create beats. Result is .mp3 with music + .json with beats. Person working with CHBM just ads both into directory and edits configuration file: "hey, here is new music" (I am omitting all features it has for simplicity now),

- maintains list of video clips. This is even easier: in configuration file is URL of clip with properties like start time, duration, ... You can add up to four special properties named category1 ... category4 and add any value you need to them. For RPG for example use category1 for environment like "forrest", "castle", etc and category2 for action like "solo", "blowjob", etc. It is up to you whether it will match video clip content or not. Clips are still on external sites like xHamster and do not increase your game size. Also it does not increase your web traffic. You can have 200 clips, or 1000... :-) it is up to you,

- it maintains database of above two - musics and clips. You can query this database like: return clips with category1: "forrest" and category2 "blowjob". It will return clip that matches (again I am omitting here all features).

In message I sent you, I just integrated this tool with your game with very little effort:
- It is another script added to your index.html page (points 1] and 2])
- you need to change PlayMovie command in RPG Maker so it calls CHBM (point 3])
- you have to adjust waiting for video end - CHBM will tell your code (point 4]),
... and that is all. In game your are not then calling: play video "f1_1", but you call play video with query: "[{"category1":["Forrest"]},{"category2":["Blowjob"]}]"

Did you try version I sent you link to? Did it worked for you?
inklord
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by inklord »

re downloading the file by google where do I look for the installer and how do I get it going the last time I grabbed torrent version never worked.
mortimer
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mortimer »

inklord wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:08 am re downloading the file by google where do I look for the installer and how do I get it going the last time I grabbed torrent version never worked.
The only thing you download from Google drive IS the installer, you don't have to look for it. When you press download it most likely goes into the download folder
Retrolove
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Retrolove »

I've played every single game of yours and I should say that it is the best CH-related content I've encountered. I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work! I will be waiting for the next game, for sure.

This adventure is indeed much more polished than the previous ones. Special thanks for the mini-map and skill descriptions.

The only issue that bothers me is that I have to watch the same vids 100 times if I fight the same opponents. Of course, there are several mechanics that allow me to skip them (flee combat or use the skipping stone) they are of use, surely. Yet, in the situations when I encounter, say, 4 enemies with vids I've seen and 2 with vids I yet didn't, it's a pain in the arse to wait for the new ones. It could be resolved by just skipping this battle and finding the encounter with just the new chicks, I guess. Still, it could be more appealing to the gameplay if chicks (within one location and within one theme) were to show 1-3 random vids each or, each chick showed random vids from the whole theme.

Anyways, I've enjoyed playing all of your games so very much despite the bugs and everything (no bugs found in this one!). I am absolutely into the concept and I've never seen a kinky game better than yours. I wish you good luck with all your new projects and thanks again!
mortimer
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mortimer »

Added MEGA link

MEGA
neo76
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: None of the above

Post by neo76 »

Hello Mortimer,
I have one question, I see that you have made several CHRPG, are they linked or it is a new story every time ?
I mean, If I want to start, should I start with "Fall of the Quenn" or starting with "Amulet of power" will provide me all other episode content (like a game + dlc) ?

Thanks !

(Sorry for my english)
mortimer
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mortimer »

mortimer wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:48 pm Added MEGA link

MEGA
neo76 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:43 am Hello Mortimer,
I have one question, I see that you have made several CHRPG, are they linked or it is a new story every time ?
I mean, If I want to start, should I start with "Fall of the Quenn" or starting with "Amulet of power" will provide me all other episode content (like a game + dlc) ?

Thanks !

(Sorry for my english)
- The first game was "Queen Remy". It didn't really have a name, i made it for myself and posted it here, I started calling it Cock Hero RPG so that people will not confuse it with a Cock Hero Movie

- After "Queen Remy", the first official game was "Fall of the Demon Queen", it continues from the ending of "Queen Remy" and is a long ass game that took alot of time to make. This game is bugfree (mostly because there's nothing to bug out, you just collect items and make then into a token to enter in the final map and end the boss)

- After "Fall of the Demon Queen" came "Goddess Polina", this is where I stared to take care of the game, "Goddess Polina" continues from one of the endings in "Fall of the Demon Queen", the only ending I wanted to make, but one of my friends said (what if x leaves you because you make the wrong choices, not just because she is a bitch?) and that made me add a little choose this and that at the end of "Fall of the Demon Queen" so that x leaving you seems like your fault.

- After "Goddess Polina" came "The Enslaver", it also continues the story from the ending of "Goddess Polina". "The Enslaver" was launched offline and online, and I wanted to split the game into modules so that I can add expansions online, seamless, so that there's always fresh content. But i soon realized that the game was too popular for free webhosting, and I never want to ask people for money to fund my game, so i ditched the website and launched the only expansion I was working on. The Enslaver is more of a choose your own destiny kind of game, you can make the game as easy or hard you want it to be.

- After "The Enslaver" came "XXXmas", I planned XXXmas to be only on the website and be visible only in December, after XXXmas i had plans for "Easter" which is an unreleased game, no actual work was put into it, it's just a series of events forgotten somewhere on a backup disk. During "The Enslaver" and "XXXmas" my laptop shit itself and i found some macbooks air in a dumpster near my workplace, and I managed to combine the components of those macbooks, install macos on the franken-mac i have created and released the games. But soon after, the franken-mac died and I allmost lost all my data from the Queen Remy searies. So between the lack of money to host the game online, lack of money to buy a PC, lack of money in general and data loss, the Queen Remy searies ended whith the buggy mess that is XXXmas ( the last released game that contains all the other games in it ).

TL;DR:
Queen Remy - Fall of the Demon Queen - Goddess Polina - The Enslaver - XXXmas
Is one big game, starting at Queen Remy, and ending at XXXmas

Get it here

- After a while, i finally gathered enough money to buy a PC to render on, and everything went smoother from there on, that meant I could release a new game. That game is "THE AMULET OF POWER". This is the first game I'm really proud of, lots of little details added to it, events that relate to other events, actual skills that you know how to use (and abuse), etc.
amulet.jpg
- Now I'm trying to commit to one idea, i have a few games in development, but nothing concrete yet. We'll see when and if the next game comes out :-D
notreallymeeither
Explorer
Explorer

Post by notreallymeeither »

Anyone have a download for this? No one seems to be seeding the torrent and the mega & google drive links are dead :weep:
mortimer
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mortimer »

notreallymeeither wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 am Anyone have a download for this? No one seems to be seeding the torrent and the mega & google drive links are dead :weep:
I got u fam

Amulet
smutreader

Post by smutreader »

Are you going to do a web based version of these so us loser Mac owners can play them? :\'-(
mortimer
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mortimer »

This is the old game. Let me see if I still have the project files somewhere on my NAS. If I still have them, I will deploy a web version :-D
Vicissitudo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vicissitudo »

Man I wish this forum had a "like" feature cause you'd deserve a lot of them!
Thanks for the efforts and can't wait for the other new game!
someguy123456rty
Explorer
Explorer

Post by someguy123456rty »

I think I'm late to find this but none of the links posted work for me :( . Can someone provide me one that works pls?
IcemanV2
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by IcemanV2 »

someguy123456rty wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:02 pm I think I'm late to find this but none of the links posted work for me :( . Can someone provide me one that works pls?
Torrent on the OP does work. I was able to get it running yesterday.