[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: [Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Post by kerkersklave »

3xTripleXXX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:21 pm but was wondering if being able to move bars on the beatline right and left with the arrow keys or similar was added as hotkeys?
You can now move the audio position (red line) using hot keys.
You can also insert (either new or something you have cut/copied) at the red line.
This also allows you to move elements by cutting and pasting.
I did not allow to move elements directly, because it does not mix well with the constraint that elements may not overlap.
Maybe I could add a command like "move to audio position", but for me cutting and pasting works quite well.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

kerkersklave wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:28 pm
3xTripleXXX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:21 pm but was wondering if being able to move bars on the beatline right and left with the arrow keys or similar was added as hotkeys?
You can now move the audio position (red line) using hot keys.
You can also insert (either new or something you have cut/copied) at the red line.
This also allows you to move elements by cutting and pasting.
I did not allow to move elements directly, because it does not mix well with the constraint that elements may not overlap.
Maybe I could add a command like “move to audio position”, but for me cutting and pasting works quite well.
Cool. I’ll test it out. I guess my biggest issue with getting the bpm line to match up exactly is that when I click and drag it, I can’t tell where it exactly was before I started to drag and the steps are so small that it’s hard to get it right sometimes. I can do it by aligning with the red line, but even then I’m not always sure if I managed to place it right next to the edge of the element or just over the first pixel of the element. If I could just shuffle the element a step to the left or right and retest, that would be awesome.
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Love the new shortcuts, faster waveform (and also a bit easier to line up with close up when aligning BPM pattern), and being able to save without clicking through to the file every time.

I don’t quite understand how CTRL+V works for pasting, since it never seems to do anything for me. However, if I right click and insert as before, that works fine. Is it supposed to paste at the cursor, or at the red bar, or something else entirely? :)

Also, a couple of more suggestions (as always):

- Make the export audio and export video commands also remember the previously used folder for those commands respectively. Since I mix down my whole soundtrack to a single file, I usually track one song at a time and the transition, then go work on video, going back and forth, so I’m not exporting only once per project (or a few times). This would also be handy when playing with export settings.

- I’m guessing you’re using CTRL+whatever for all the shortcuts to avoid polluting input space, but would it be possible to at least make play/stop be just space instead of CTRL+space? I use that shortcut constantly while laying down tracks, and it’d be nice to not have to keep my left hand in a constant CTRL+space claw position. :)

Anyway, awesome update from what I can see. :) CH 4-play 3 is well on its way.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

3xTripleXXX wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm I don’t quite understand how CTRL+V works for pasting, since it never seems to do anything for me.
It pastes at the red bar, so you can position that before using shortcuts.
As you can have multiple tracks, you have to select were pasting should go using the "I" button in front.
3xTripleXXX wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm - Make the export audio and export video commands also remember the previously used folder for those commands respectively. Since I mix down my whole soundtrack to a single file, I usually track one song at a time and the transition, then go work on video, going back and forth, so I’m not exporting only once per project (or a few times). This would also be handy when playing with export settings.
I'll put that on my list of things to consider.
3xTripleXXX wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm - I’m guessing you’re using CTRL+whatever for all the shortcuts to avoid polluting input space, but would it be possible to at least make play/stop be just space instead of CTRL+space?
The reason is, that with JavaFX shortcuts with a control key can be easily registered, for others I have to do the event handling myself. So I basically was lazy. But I'll put it on the list as well.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Thanks for the replies. I’d missed the bit about the I button, but that makes sense then. :) Awesome.

I’ve full understanding for taking the easy way out on the shortcuts. I can work with it, of course. It would be a nice quality of life improvement for me, at least, though.

Thanks again for an awesome tool. :)

T4yschrenn
Explorer
Explorer

Post by T4yschrenn »

I just downloaded Beatmeter Generator and am trying to get it to work... where is the context menu? I have clicked all over and I don't see any option for "New BPM Pattern", "Detect BPM", etc... I can change the name of the tracks by right clicking the gray area of the tracks, but doing so on the actual audio track does nothing.

As well it seem none of the "Insert Beat", "Insert BPM Pattern", are responsive. Maybe I have some java version wrong?

Would you happen to have a screenshot of where the context menu is?

Never mind, I just figured it out.
Mr123
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mr123 »

Any News concerning Mac-compability?
CUM EXPRESS - NEXT - NDURO - ZART/HART
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Mr123 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:37 pm Any News concerning Mac-compability?
Sadly, no. I am still looking for a Mac User to help me figuring it out, or someone to give me their old mac for free. :-D
In theory, it should just work with JDK 11 for Mac OSX, everything I use is officially supported. But apparently it does hang at some point.
NeedBiggerClips
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NeedBiggerClips »

Can't get the program to run properly. It hung forever a few times on loading the audio file (signed 16 bit wav). After that, I tried installing java 11 and running the jar. Now it hangs on the splash screen on both versions. Tried reinstalling. Have rebooted since. Any clues? :-/

(Windows 10 Pro, Asus z270-k mobo, i5-7600k, 16gb 2666Mhz DDR4, GTX1060 3gb)

*Edit: Uninstalled all instances of Java and installed 11 JDK. Working now!

**Edit: After a little bit of testing, gotta leave my thanks. This tool makes beat meters a lot faster to manufacture. Making them by manually placing each beat on an extra audio track in Audacity, exporting said track and using After Effects to convert audio into waveform graph for the meter had it's upsides, but it's tedious as all hell. First beat track turned out horrible, thankfully it was so fast to make that scrapping it doesn't even feel bad. :-D

***Edit: Can't seem to open saved projects. Any ideas why? :-(
Not really a huge problem, as I usually make them in one session, but would be nice to be able to go back and change things if you notice that something's off.

****Edit: Fixed project loading by keeping files in the right place
BrushieStroke
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BrushieStroke »

Maybe I'm just dumb, do you think you could do a video guide, or that SOMEONE could do a video guide? I'm not quite getting this.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

BrushieStroke wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:10 am Maybe I’m just dumb, do you think you could do a video guide, or that SOMEONE could do a video guide? I’m not quite getting this.
Did you try the written guide on the website? I don’t have the time for a video guide, but if you have specific questions, I bet I can help. I’m working on my third video with it now, and I think I’ve got a pretty good handle on it. :)

I had a bunch of questions when I started too, so happy to pay it forward. :)

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

NeedBiggerClips wrote: ****Edit: Fixed project loading by keeping files in the right place
Hm, project loading should also work if you move files around. You might only have to set the locations of the audio track, custom beat sounds etc. again. If it does not work at all after moving files around, there is a bug somewhere...
NeedBiggerClips
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NeedBiggerClips »

kerkersklave wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 pm
NeedBiggerClips wrote: ****Edit: Fixed project loading by keeping files in the right place
Hm, project loading should also work if you move files around. You might only have to set the locations of the audio track, custom beat sounds etc. again. If it does not work at all after moving files around, there is a bug somewhere...
Loading a project didn't work at all. I'm not 100% sure but I think I didn't even move the files after creating the project. The program just hung forever after starting the load from project file. Moved the custom beat sounds, song etc. to the same folder as the project file and it started working just fine. Not a huge problem as the fix is easy though. :yes:

Had the folder structure set like this (Loading didn't work):
Songs were here: ...\Project Root\
Custom beats: ...\Project Root\Custom Beats\
Project files here: ...\Project Root\Each Song\

Changed the structure to this (Loading works):
Song file, copy of custom beat, project file in: ...\Project Root\Each Song\
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

NeedBiggerClips wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:13 pm
kerkersklave wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 pm
Hm, project loading should also work if you move files around. You might only have to set the locations of the audio track, custom beat sounds etc. again. If it does not work at all after moving files around, there is a bug somewhere…
Loading a project didn’t work at all. I’m not 100% sure but I think I didn’t even move the files after creating the project. The program just hung forever after starting the load from project file. Moved the custom beat sounds, song etc. to the same folder as the project file and it started working just fine. Not a huge problem as the fix is easy though. :yes:

Had the folder structure set like this (Loading didn’t work):
Songs were here: …\Project Root\
Custom beats: …\Project Root\Custom Beats\
Project files here: …\Project Root\Each Song\

Changed the structure to this (Loading works):
Song file, copy of custom beat, project file in: …\Project Root\Each Song\
Maybe it’s the custom beats? I at least have the project file and the source file for audio in different folders.

BrushieStroke
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BrushieStroke »

3xTripleXXX wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:40 am
BrushieStroke wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:10 am Maybe I’m just dumb, do you think you could do a video guide, or that SOMEONE could do a video guide? I’m not quite getting this.
Did you try the written guide on the website? I don’t have the time for a video guide, but if you have specific questions, I bet I can help. I’m working on my third video with it now, and I think I’ve got a pretty good handle on it. :)

I had a bunch of questions when I started too, so happy to pay it forward. :)
Is there n a bpm limit or something when generating a beatmeter video, because when I tried to generate one with a really fast beat per second, it didn't work and gave me this super long string of numbers error message and just froze.