The perfect CockHero Beat Pattern

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

zerooo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

The perfect CockHero Beat Pattern

Post by zerooo »

Hi Forum

I'm the creator of the cockhero.nl CH's and maybe you realized, that I'm using all over the same beats for the last 20 editions. Finally I figured out a way, how I can build new beats including beatmeter with less manual effort. Therefore, you can expect new beats starting edition 031 and beyond.

But before I create some new beat patterns, I would like to ask you guys, which beat patterns you like the most.

Given the following:
60bpm
10 Rounds, each round containing 30s break, and 3min 30s of beats

How would you start? What about endurance round? What about beats? Currently I plan to use the following beats:

slow (1 stroke per 2 second)
normal (1 stoke per second)
fast (2 stokes per seconds)
doubletime (4 stokes per second)
1-5
3-3
1-3
3-3-7
1-1-3-3

Please share all your thoughts about BEATs :w00t: :w00t:
Creator of cockhero4k.com:
Official forum: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20463
wellrested
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: The perfect CockHero Beat Pattern

Post by wellrested »

I'm a fan of these two
x-x-xxx- (aka 1,2,123)
x-xxxxx- (aka 1,12345)
Ebhan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ebhan »

wellrested wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:32 am I'm a fan of these two
x-x-xxx- (aka 1,2,123)
x-xxxxx- (aka 1,12345)
I agree! And anything with 3's and 7's as well.
PershAli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PershAli »

I've always thought Cock Hero was a pun off of Guitar Hero. Just like the video game, there's a beat meter to follow. If so, then just like in music, there should be pauses between patterns.

For example, a continuous pattern of x-x-xxx should be x-x-xxx (pause) x-x-xxx (pause) x-x-xxx. A lot of times I see this implemented as x-x-xxxx-x-xxxx-x-xxxx-x-xxx. This makes it more like a 1,4 pattern. I also see this a lot with 7's where they are so close together, it is pretty much just doubletime. Let there be a pause or 2 between these to emphasize a build up and cool down.

On a separate note (pun intended), I know it is not really a beat pattern but I'm also a fan of the occasional "Edge-N-Ride" alone or the choice to "Edge-N-Ride", "Freestyle" or "Rest". This is especially good in the middle of long rounds or at the end of rounds in lieu of a strict hands off break.
pl3b
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pl3b »

Anything simple and changes not happening too often.

Any of the following are fine to me:
- 1-1 (slow/fast/double)
- 123-123
- 1-1-123
- 1-12345
- 1-5 / 1-6 / 1-7
and anything similar that takes a second to read. Things like 123-123-12345 and above are just too much for me. Personally I want to focus on content and do the beats automatically, rather than mainly focus on getting the beats right. And it annoys me a lot every time when I see a "Complex" caption and some messed up beat pattern comes up and all I need to do is to stare at the beat meter..
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hosenguy »

PershAli wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 pm ...... there should be pauses between patterns.

For example, a continuous pattern of x-x-xxx should be x-x-xxx (pause) x-x-xxx (pause) x-x-xxx. A lot of times I see this implemented as x-x-xxxx-x-xxxx-x-xxxx-x-xxx. This makes it more like a 1,4 pattern. I also see this a lot with 7's where they are so close together, it is pretty much just doubletime. Let there be a pause or 2 between these to emphasize a build up and cool down.
This is the best part of any sequence, the maddening pauses, or longer pauses between the patterns than seem logical.
CH NOIR is maddening in this way at the start. Once the beats become regular time, especially "the office fuck" round I am so wound up I can't last long.

The heartbeat beats 12-12- are too weak. 123-123- and 1-1-123- are my favorites. And you gotta change the speed.
Sapphire
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by Sapphire »

TBH the best beats are those that understand the tempo of the music. So I don't care about any particular beats as much as if they match the music well. A good CH is a marathon, so it doesn't need tons of beat changes thrown in any round, but tells a story with the music. Some songs/rounds have a slow build up, some are fast the whole way, some go slow-fast-slow-fast etc.

One of the best CH videos ever imo is Stroker Ace 3 - all CH makers need to learn from that video. I would love to see a video made like it but with other kinky stuff like cbt/anal/cei etc. because the video itself is pretty normie...but oh how the beats match the music perfectly with taking you through an experience!
zerooo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zerooo »

thanks for the feedback so far! :-) Mainly I got following point: Not to complex beats.

I have done new beats, and I will use them for cockhero.nl edition 030 and upwards. Before I start creating edition 031 and further, I would like to have some beattesters for the new beats. Please send PM if you are interested :-)
Creator of cockhero4k.com:
Official forum: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20463
book_guy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by book_guy »

Just abstractly speaking, I think there are two main concepts important to the pattern of beats (required or instructed):

1. Must go with the music.

If the music is duple meter, don't try to cram triple into it. If the music is duple but you want to do three required strokes and each stroke takes one beat, you must add the proper amount of rests. Thus the grand-total of beats and rests must add up to something duple. In other words, you can still do three strokes during a duple piece of music, but the three beats of strokes must be combined with a fourth beat which is a rest, so that you get four total (three strokes, one rest = four beats), which is duple (four is potentially a duple amount, because it is easily divisible by two; three and five are not easy duple amounts). There are occasions when a duple or quadruple beat-pattern of music can be underscored by a triple pattern of strokes, with the triples evenly spaced across the duples, but that is weird and difficult and not very do-able (see rule 2.) so I personally don't recommend this type of poly-rhythm or ... ahem, technical term ... hemiola. If you don't understand this rather obvious paragraph, then you are not adept enough at finding the rhythm to a piece of music and you need to take basic junior-high level band class. :)

2. Must be do-able.

This means understand-able, perform-able, guess-able, anticipate-able, sense-ible, etc.. Don't require strokes that go so fast that a viewer can't move his hand quickly enough to do them. Don't change the stroke pattern without notifying the viewer in some manner, or at least make it so predictable a change that the viewer will be able to anticipate the change accurately. Don't try to "stroke to the music" (meaning, usually, one stroke per WORD of the song, or one stroke per CHORD of the guitar; or, you know, so on) unless you first give an example that is adequate to teach the viewer what is expected of him BEFORE he is subsequently required to stroke along. When expecting people to play-along to the song's intrinsic beat, always assume people simply don't know the song (no matter how popular it is). There are LOTS of very effective, very straightforward manners of notifying the viewer of the upcoming stroke requirements; but one manner that will NOT work is expecting him to read your mind.

2. corollary ... Must be discern-able.

In similar manner, the strokes' do-ability is entirely dependent upon the strokes' discern-ability. If we can't discern what you want, we can't do what you want. Can we FIGURE OUT what your signals mean? You must inform the viewer in some manner that is rather clear and un-ambiguous. Simply stating "12345" or "1-5" can mean any of a number of things, if we don't know how fast the 1s and the 5s are supposed to go. Stating "7 and then 1" is equally ambiguous. I have no idea what the first post in this thread intends to indicate by "1-5", for instance. Stroke the first and fifth of each set of eight beats per bar? Stroke all of the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth beats in every eight-beat bar? Stroke all of the first five out of every eight beats, then rest the next three, even though a bar only has four beats (thus, you are stroking four times in a four-beat bar, then once at the start of the next four-beat bar, then resting for the remainder of that four-beat bar)? Stroke five times but equally spaced across the four-beat bar (a hemiola-type poly-rhythm which I would suggest is not very do-able but which might be fun for the drummers out there)? Stroke the next five percussive chords that happen during the song, some of them faster than the others? Which? All are quite possible, entirely reasonable interpretations of the instruction "1-5", depending on context. I could probably figure it out during the watching of a video, though there is no guarantee. And I certainly can't figure it out for this particular thread, since there's no background music going on.

And of course the other rule ...

3. Any rule (including either of those above) can be broken, in the right circumstances.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Are you missing a cock-hero video?
Me too. Since September 1, 2020, my Mega Sharing Zones contents are being removed by Mega.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

Sapphire wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 am TBH the best beats are those that understand the tempo of the music. So I don't care about any particular beats as much as if they match the music well. A good CH is a marathon, so it doesn't need tons of beat changes thrown in any round, but tells a story with the music. Some songs/rounds have a slow build up, some are fast the whole way, some go slow-fast-slow-fast etc.

One of the best CH videos ever imo is Stroker Ace 3 - all CH makers need to learn from that video. I would love to see a video made like it but with other kinky stuff like cbt/anal/cei etc. because the video itself is pretty normie...but oh how the beats match the music perfectly with taking you through an experience!
This!

I've seen far too many awesome CHs totally ruined by not following the music properly. For me, that is such a huge distraction that it makes the CH unplayable to me. So yeah, regardless of the beats in question, make sure they match the music in both expression and pace. Also keep in mind that just getting the pace correct isn't necessarily enough. It needs to be perfectly synched as well.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!