Feedback on style

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

pl3b
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Feedback on style

Post by pl3b »

Answers to your questions (keep in mind this is all my own opinion only):
- Are cuts not too distracting
To me cuts at around 1:30 were too fast. Something half of this speed would achieve the effect you aimed for without being too distracting.
- Is double mode acceptable (see explanation below)
Yes! This is a great idea. I might in fact consider using this idea myself in my releases. The only thing I'd change personally would be to use the colors in reverse - yellow/red is usually associated with something being harder/more intense. Just my opinion though. Also, good job with not changing the beats too often while also keeping it interesting. Text cues are also good - noticable but not distracting.
- Are speed-ups of clips noticeable
To me only at 4:33 (probably sped it up too much). If you used that to sync the clips with the beats, you did a really good job though.
- Do you like when the beat match action on screen
Hell yes, at least in the way you did it (long double time section). Great job, I know how much effort it takes. The part at 2:20 was amazing. Having it throughout the video would make it boring quickly, but throwing it in ocasionally makes it great.
- Is there too many stars in round (about 28 actresses from 32 clips)
To me that wasn't a problem, didn't really pay attention.
- How differences of quality and style across clips affect your experience (consistency of style is for me an indicator for high quality and thought-out production)
Didn't notice it myself while watching it the first time. Only after reading your question I went through the video again - the difference in quality is really minor to me and not something I'd worry about if you're not planning to go lower with resolution of source material.

Overall editing-wise I liked it a lot. If this is what the final video is going to be like, I can't wait to see that. Content wise, that was a bit not my cup of tea, although this is not what we're discussing here. Keep it up :-)
zingg2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zingg2 »

pl3b wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:38 pm
- Are cuts not too distracting
To me cuts at around 1:30 were too fast. Something half of this speed would achieve the effect you aimed for without being too distracting.
A suggestion on this point: you could also try keeping the same rate of jump cuts, but taking a few clips in a row from one scene, a few clips in a row from the next, and so on. I think Flux Dance 1 used an effect like this somewhere in the first few rounds, and it worked out well to keep the cuts synced to the beats without feeling like there were too many scenes too fast. It gives a little bit more time to process each scene and be turned on by it.
Liquid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Liquid »

quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am Are cuts not too distracting
No complaints here, cuts seem fine. :thumbsup:
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am Is double mode acceptable (see explanation below)
Yes :yes:
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am Do you like when the beat match action on screen
Absolutely. The more the beat, the music and the video are alike (i.e. coordinated), the better! :punk:
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am Is there too many stars in round (about 28 actresses from 32 clips)
The more the merrier, I like it. ;-)
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am How differences of quality and style across clips affect your experience (consistency of style is for me an indicator for high quality and thought-out production)
This demo might be a bit to "specialized". Themed rounds are good but "Solo Dragon Dildo Masturbation" might be a bit over-specific. :-/
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am About double mode: tbh i never know if "stroke" means up and down, or only one of these.
Depends on how you are playing it. When you play manually (with your hand) it's usually one stroke down and up again per beat. The CockHeros I've converted for the Fleshligh Launch (see signature below) are usually just half the speed (1 down, 1 up).

Bit more technical feedback on the Beat Meter:
I like this technique (generated dots) a lot better than the old equalizer-styled one. I would however try to polish up the style a bit. I think it would look a lot better if you used more saturated colors and a fixed background. Especially the dull yellow could vanish in the background of some videos at some point. I think if you put a (semi-)solid black bar between the beat meter and the video it would be even better. :yes:
taelem
Explorer
Explorer

Post by taelem »

I love almost everything about the video, but I ESPECIALLY love the content!
Please more of this!! I could watch a whole 45 minute themed video of this stuff and it would make my day!

by the way, who's the girl at 3:00? that video looks amazing!
PershAli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PershAli »

quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am tbh i never know if "stroke" means up and down, or only one of these.
I've always thought a stoke was equivalent to a complete thrust during sex in and out. So to me, one complete stroke is from the tip completely down the shaft and then back up through the tip.
taelem
Explorer
Explorer

Post by taelem »

Thanks Quantoz!
when youre making your CH video, please include this Milly17 clip, I'm in love!
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by doremi »

Overall, I absolutely love the aliens selection. ;-) The sound beats are distinct which is excellent, however, the sound level of the wood cowbell is too loud hurting my ears. On the other end, the wood stick sound is perfect, and could be kept throughout the production. On the visual beat meter, it's very nice and simple, but I didn't understand the different colors (though I didn't read your forum post first either). As was mentioned, the color is often used as a difficulty level indication (grean=easy, yellow=medium & red=hard). The beat changes are too unpredictable, and sudden. I find this too distracting and I unavoidably skip beats almost every time. You slide a caption on the side, but I can't see it if I watch the action.

And more specifically:
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 amAre cuts not too distracting
Not to me. If you are happy with it, I'm happy with it.
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 amIs double mode acceptable
Yes!
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 amAre speed-ups of clips noticeable
Yes! Nicely done!
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 amDo you like when the beat match action on screen
Yes, as much as possible! It keeps you in the zone.
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 amIs there too many stars in round (about 28 actresses from 32 clips)
No! If you are happy with it, I'm happy with it.
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 amHow differences of quality and style across clips affect your experience (consistency of style is for me an indicator for high quality and thought-out production)
I did notice some moments, and out of focus webcams too. It would be preferable to keep high quality throughout, I think.
quantoz wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 amtbh i never know if "stroke" means up and down, or only one of these.
It is generally agreed that a stroke is a movement pair, either tip-base-tip or base-tip-base, whichever you prefer. Because some Cock Hero productions are so fast, some people will prefer to do a half-stroke (tip-base or base-tip) on each beat sound. They can if they want too. Nobody will spank them for doing that, unless they do it in public. Just assume that a stroke is a stroke, and people will adapt to their comfort level.

Keep up the good work! :-D