[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.2.4

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.2.4

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Got it. I’ve misunderstood a little then. I thought I tried CTRL dragging without noticing a difference, but I probably wasn’t looking for the right thing. I’ll definitely give it another go tonight. Thanks!
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Ok, I’ve got it working now. Once I got the feel for the flow, it comes pretty naturally. Now I just have to make the beats good. :-D …and get the video together. Almost done, really. :rolleyes: Thanks the again for the help and putting up with me.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

So I’ve now created three rounds in out of eight for my CH project (video and beats), and I’m just getting more and more appreciation for this tool. It is very cool. :D

I don’t know if you’re doing any updates anymore, but here are a couple of feature requests (of course).

I’d love for space bar to start/stop the music playing. Often I’m relistening to parts multiple times, and it would be nice if I could just keep the mouse cursor up at the waveform to place the playhead and be able to start/stop with my other hand. It would more closely match the workflow in Premiere as well.

Also, having CTRL+Z be a shortcut for Undo would be awesome too.

The other, slightly more involved one, would be for it to remember your last save location, and maybe even have a recent files shortcut link in the file menu.

Other than that, I feel like the workflow is good and making beats is pretty easy. Sometimes it seems like trying to scale the right side of a pattern picks it up to move it instead of resizing, but only when the pattern is selected. It’s not something that I can’t work around though. :)

Thanks again for making such an awesome tool. :)

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

3xTripleXXX wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 pm I don’t know if you’re doing any updates anymore, but here are a couple of feature requests (of course).
Thank you for your feedback. I think I will do an update at some point and add smaller improvements like these.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

kerkersklave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:21 pm
3xTripleXXX wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 pm I don’t know if you’re doing any updates anymore, but here are a couple of feature requests (of course).
Thank you for your feedback. I think I will do an update at some point and add smaller improvements like these.
Awesome! :)

Okay, quick question and I suspect I know what the answer is already, unfortunately. It seems like my saved beatmeter file has gotten corrupted. At least Beatmeter just hangs and refuses to open it anymore. I’d gotten about 20 minutes in (of about 30), so I’m not super eager to start over. I’ve got those 20 minutes exported and put into my video and all that, so I guess I could just start where it left off, but I also wanted to make some changes, so there’s that.

Anyway, what I’m wondering is if you have any ideas what might go wrong in a save/load, or rather if there’s anything I could test or attempt before trying all over. :)

I’m assuming I’m SOL though.

dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by dtspam »

This is strange. Could you just give me the file, then I'll look into it.
As it is just a plain text format, I am quite confident, I would be able to fix it, if it really is a corrupted file.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

dtspam wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:34 pm This is strange. Could you just give me the file, then I’ll look into it.
As it is just a plain text format, I am quite confident, I would be able to fix it, if it really is a corrupted file.
If you’re willing to take a look, that’d be awesome. I’ll admit I haven’t dug into the file itself. I was assuming it’d be text or json or something like that, but I kind of dreaded spending a lot of time digging into the data structure. I really appreciate it. I suppose if it’s truly corrupted, that’ll be pretty obvious if I look, but if there’s data that’s been written in an invalid way, it’d be a lot harder to pick out. Where can I send it to?

3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

I just tried opening the file in Sublime Text. It’s all rows of hex values (about 3.5 million rows), so either it’s not a text file, or something killed it so it’s not recognized as one anymore. The bottom row looks incomplete as well, like it cuts off right in the middle of a four-character hex value. So I think the file itself may have gotten borked.

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Just to clearify for other users: I looked into it, and there does not seem to be a problem with software. The save-file has been accidentally overwritten by an audio file at some point.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Yep, most likely all my fault. Sorry, guys. :)