Buttplug/Syncydink/Scriptplayer Survey

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

qDot
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: None of the above

Buttplug/Syncydink/Scriptplayer Survey

Post by qDot »

I'm doing some development planning right now, and I'd like some feedback on what'd you'd like to see improved if you use Buttplug/Syncydink/ScriptPlayer/etc..., or if you don't/can't, why not.

For example, here's some things I'm aware of (if you're having problems with things in this list, please still comment here and let me know, just so I can get some basic numbers together):

- Lack of Windows 7 Support
- Not enough feedback on which toys work, when, and why
- Secure socket setup for websocket server doesn't give enough feedback
- No available list of applications that can be used with Buttplug
- Don't even know where to start/where to get software/how to use software

We're looking for everything from the biggest issues to the smallest nits, so let us know what you think!
dastardlii
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Buttplug/Syncydink/Scriptplayer Survey

Post by dastardlii »

I'm coming a little late to this, and it may not be what you're looking for, but my biggest request right now would be for a good editing tool.

I'd love to start contributing more, but my attempts at using blender with the funscript plugin have been exercises in frustration. Even an incredibly simple editor that would work for Cock Hero style videos to let you visually identify beat markers would be great.

As far as minor issues go, i like that scriptplayer will automatically open a video file when you open a script file with the same name in the same directory. Could you also extend that to work with shortcuts/.lnk files? I like to keep haptics files in their own folder and just create a shortcut to the related video alongside them.
Liquid
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Liquid »

dastardlii wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:41 am As far as minor issues go, i like that scriptplayer will automatically open a video file when you open a script file with the same name in the same directory. Could you also extend that to work with shortcuts/.lnk files? I like to keep haptics files in their own folder and just create a shortcut to the related video alongside them.
The way I've solved this in the next version is a little different but that should work for you too. You can now specify "additional paths", so if a script (when opening a video) or a video (when opening a script) can't be found in the same directory, ScriptPlayer will look in any of the specified directories too.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hosenguy »

Hate Windows 10 and don't have it on any of my machines.
That's all.
I am working on an interface to a machine I built and would love this to work on 7, but by the time I get my stuff programmed I will likely be on another OS anyway.

Can't win can we?
funjack
Explorer
Explorer

Post by funjack »

dastardlii wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:41 am I'd love to start contributing more, but my attempts at using blender with the funscript plugin have been exercises in frustration. Even an incredibly simple editor that would work for Cock Hero style videos to let you visually identify beat markers would be great.
Sorry your having trouble with Blender. It's pretty different for sure... Or is there maybe something I can do with the plugin to make it less frustrating?

(btw, can change the mouse button to select with in the Input settings to make it behave a little more Windows like.)
dastardlii
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dastardlii »

funjack wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:24 am
dastardlii wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:41 am I'd love to start contributing more, but my attempts at using blender with the funscript plugin have been exercises in frustration. Even an incredibly simple editor that would work for Cock Hero style videos to let you visually identify beat markers would be great.
Sorry your having trouble with Blender. It's pretty different for sure... Or is there maybe something I can do with the plugin to make it less frustrating?

(btw, can change the mouse button to select with in the Input settings to make it behave a little more Windows like.)
Sorry for the slow response. I'll definitely adjust my input settings. As far as improving the plugin, this may actually exist and I just cant find it, but a way to reverse a section would be great. So for example, I'll be editing a CH video with up/down on the beats and realize somewhere that I screwed it up and missed a beat. I can't just add a single beat, since it''l be at the same value as the one after it and will create a pause. What I actually need to do is insert a beat, and invert the values of all subsequent beats so 0s become 100s or 10s become 90s, for example. I saw some kind of mirroring option for key frames in Blender, but couldn't get it to work right.
funjack
Explorer
Explorer

Post by funjack »

dastardlii wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 am As far as improving the plugin, this may actually exist and I just cant find it, but a way to reverse a section would be great. So for example, I'll be editing a CH video with up/down on the beats and realize somewhere that I screwed it up and missed a beat. I can't just add a single beat, since it''l be at the same value as the one after it and will create a pause. What I actually need to do is insert a beat, and invert the values of all subsequent beats so 0s become 100s or 10s become 90s, for example. I saw some kind of mirroring option for key frames in Blender, but couldn't get it to work right.
That's a good idea! I've had to do this myself for one or two actions, but I can see how for a long CH this can be really tedious. I've put implementing this on my todo.
funjack
Explorer
Explorer

Post by funjack »

I've just released a new version of the Blender addon, which contains the requested feature to invert all selected points. I've also added to option to shift all the selected values one position to the left/right. So when you missed a beat you can simply insert one and select everything after it (eg. with the `]` keyboard shortcut in the graph editor) and shift all their values one position the right.

For more details on other changes/features check the release notes and this RTS thread.
JS-HM
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JS-HM »

Out of curiosity, has anyone confirmed compatibility with the Vorze Cyclone?
qDot
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by qDot »

AFAIK, Vorze A10 Cyclone works with ScriptPlayer + Buttplug. I still haven't had a chance to get conversion functions into Syncydink yet, but I hope to do that very soon. I have a Cyclone so I can test/verify.

Currently, none of us work with the A10 Piston yet because I'm not sure anyone has seen those outside of Japan. Definitely hoping to get my hands on one at some point.