[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.2 (Now with visual beat editing)

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.2 (Now with visual beat editing)

Post by kerkersklave »

I've announced the first version Beatmeter Generator about a month ago. Since then I put quite some work into improving the user interface, basically I have designed a completely new user interface allowing you to edit beats easily.

So, for those that missed my last post, what exactly does it do? It has a grafical editor where you can load the audio track of a cock hero round. Then you can add tracks with beats and messages. From that, the tool will generate a customizable beatmeter and a beat audio track.

Here is an example of what it looks like:

And here are a few example videos (the first one was made using the current version of the tool):
http://motherless.com/BC38B7B
http://motherless.com/45ED010
http://motherless.com/D377329

Note: I just made the beatmeters and not the original music videos.

Currently, Beatmeter Generator has the following features:
  • Generation of an audio track with beat sounds
  • Generation of video (image sequences) for an animated beatmeter
  • Many options to customize beatmeter style (colors, speed, positions, fonts, custom images)
  • Multiple custom beat sounds
  • Visiual editing of beats
  • Multiple beat tracks
  • Notification messages displayed in the generated video
  • Highlighted beats in the beatmeter to indicate beat changes
  • Flexible beat groups
    • Groups with constant BPM
    • Groups repeating a (custom) beat pattern
  • Snapping of beats and beat patterns to a base beat.
  • Copy and paste/Drag and Drop of beats between tracks or different projects
  • BPM detection (does detect the BPM but the first beat has to be aligned manually)
  • Undo/Redo
  • Zooming
  • Windows Installer as well as platform independent version
  • Open Source
And to give you an idea of the user interface:

To get more information and download Beatmeter Generator go to (scoll down a bit)
https://gitlab.com/SklaveDaniel/BeatmeterGenerator

And as before: if you are working on a cock hero and need a speciall feature for your beatmeter let me know.
Also I am looking for a first cockhero to use the editor. So if you're making a new cockhero I would be willing to edit the beat or support you doing it.
Huston
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.2 (Now with visual beat editing)

Post by Huston »

Woah, amazing tool. Thanks to you a lot of folks can try themselves in CH production.

I'm working now on CH NOIR and I'm going to do some tests with your generator in upcoming days. I'll share my results.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=16432
Tommyy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tommyy »

Much easier to use. Is it possible to improve the saving features. I have problems generating a video from frames.
Thanks for the work You have put into the project.
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

thanks SO much for doing this!!!
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

@Tommyy
If you just want to convert images into a video, you can get ffmpeg and do this:
ffmpeg -framerate 30 -i frame-%010d.png video.webm

ffmpeg is a tool you want to have anyway if you are working with videos a lot.

There are however some issues with that. The most important one being transparency.
To make the beatmeter look good the images have to be rendered using an alpha channel. Using a key color or something like that does not really work well. Most video codecs do not support an alpha channel, webm/vp9 does, but the support for that does not seem to be that good yet.

An other reason why I did not include it in the tool is that I did not find a good Java Library for the task.

What video editing tool are you using? Even the most basic tools can usually do that.

You can also render the images to a video with a solid background color using something like this (Note that you have to supply the framerate and the video size):
ffmpeg -f lavfi -i color=c=white:s=1280x128 -framerate 30 -i frame-%010d.png -filter_complex "[0:v][1:v]overlay=shortest=1,format=yuv420p[out]" -map "[out]" video.webm

If this is a big issue that some video editing tools can not deal with sequences of pngs than I will ad some kind of solution. I am just not sure what a good solution would be.

@Huston
I'm looking forward to it. The first pictures of your cockhero look really great. Please let me know if you encounter any issues.
Tommyy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tommyy »

once again thank you for responding It is very helpfull
Huston
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Huston »

Some QoL changes would be nice. Like rememebering location of save or memory of beatmeter settings. But it's early version so I understand you focused on main feature - generating beats and this is working rly well.

I had no issues generating beatmeter in Premiere Pro from rendered audio/images and it looks much better than usual waveform beatmeter. I'll work with this tool for a few days and maybe put here one round of my upcoming CH project.

EDIT: I have also some issues with changing beatmeter settings, most of the time when I change something and then get back to settings it's back to old value.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Hm, so the Beatmeter-Settings should be stored when you save a file.
If you can pin down when this happens, this would be great. I will test it more thouroughly now and try to find the issues.
You are basically the second user and the event handling code got quite complicated, so it probably I still have to find and fix a few bugs. ;-)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ok, I think I have found and fixed the problem: if you edit a value in a spinner (field for numbers with up/down buttons) they were only updated when pressing enter. This is a bit of a strange default behaviour of JavaFX. I have changed this now.
So you can either always press enter in the beatmeter dialog or download the fixed version.
pokeoake
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pokeoake »

Is it possible to add a save feature to save the time stamps of the beats created? Preferably not local computer time either but from start of video? I would like to take these times and turn them into a scriptplayer compatible format. Thank you!

Edit: Possible bug / just user error on my part, but I entered a new BPM and accidentally pasted 160 to an already 120 bpm for 120160 which crashed the program.

I have dual monitors and for some reason right click eventually goes out of bounds of the screen to the second one. It's weird and I can't figure out why. Fix for me is swapped the program to the second monitor. Fixes for a bit but reoccurs and I haven't noticed a trigger for it.
Last edited by pokeoake on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

You can save a project and these files are actually just plain text json. So there you will have all the information.
This will however give you the structured representation, so you will see something like "there is a pattern with BPM of 60 from second 2 to 10". I could quite easily provide you with the played beats (and also messages) in a json file. If that is what you need, I'll add it.
pokeoake
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pokeoake »

Yeah if you can add that it would greatly help. I did a test run and I love the program it's amazing easy to get the beats I want to line up perfectly. I opened the json file and it is gibberish to me. I can't quite find anything besides ***"patternDuration": 1.1320754716981085,"*** which I can't figure out how to represent as a time in seconds. I think with your structure I can at least create a formula to convert it to milliseconds for my use.

But again, amazing program. Going to be using this a lot.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ok, I've added an export feature now, just download the current version from the website.

It gives you a json file like this:

Code: Select all

{
  "audio": [
    {"time": 3.25, "highlighted": true}, {"time": 3.5, "highlighted": false}, {"time": 3.75, "highlighted": false}
  ], 
  "video": [
    {"time": 0.7, "highlighted": false}, {"time": 2.1, "highlighted": false}
  ],
  "messages": [
    {"fromTime": 5.1, "toTime": 10.1, "message": "Hello!"}
  ]
}
The timestamps are seconds since the start of the videos. There is a video and an audio track because you can select different beats for both (you might use some "beat" with a different beat sound to indicate something you dont want to see in the beatmeter). The messages have a from and a to timestamp as they are shown for a certain duration.
The highlighted flag is used to highlight beats in the beatmeter, if you do not want to display the beats that might not be usefull to you. I wanted to keep all the information that I use for beatmeter and beat audio generation, so other people can use it for whatever they might think of.
pokeoake
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pokeoake »

Perfect thank you so much it works beautifully. In case anyone else is using the export function make sure if you only want time stamps for your beats make sure the other two aren't being included by turning off the highlighted button D (I think it's D) before exporting so it doesn't appear in the json file.

Is there a hotkey for play/ pause?

Do you have a cryptocurrency address for donations? You can PM me if you do. You will have saved me countless hours with this.

Thanks
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

No I don't have a cryptocurrency address. But you seem to try to do something with scriptplayer. So if it turns out to be good just share it with the community. I made this to help people to create content some of which I may enjoy myself, so if you publish beattracks for scriptplayer or whatever this would be great.

I also looked into the bugs you've reported. It should not be possible to enter a too high BPM, this is something already handled by the UI-Library. Same goes for the placement of menus. So I fear this might be a bug in the library, hopefully it disappears in future versions.

There are currently no shortcuts at all. I have it on my list of things I might add though.