What does everyone consider a Stroke?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

What do you consider a stroke?

Just Up or Down
13%
Both Up and Down
88%

Total votes: 88

Kantirocks
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

What does everyone consider a Stroke?

Post by Kantirocks »

It might just be me, but this question has kind of bothered me since I started playing Cock Hero. So I decided to ask the lovely Ladies and other players what they thought.
Sam86
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: What does everyone consider a Stroke?

Post by Sam86 »

If not explicitly told otherwise I would say a full stroke is up and down
Hopzzz
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopzzz »

I personally enjoy each beat being an up or a down, not both. I think it makes the experience more immersive to the rhythm of the music and I like to be able to watch full videos and have somewhat more choice when I finish. Going a full up-down for every beat on most videos feels, to me, like I'm going to break my dick off. Thats just me though, to each their own.
joecarlton
Explorer
Explorer

Post by joecarlton »

I agree that up and down is too much.
And just one way does fit the beat better.
Sometimes seems even impossible at the speed that they get to on some videos.
And this does makes a big difference to the chances of becoming a hero...
thatsprettyhot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by thatsprettyhot »

By general default I would hope everyone to presume a stroke means up and down.

It just makes things harder when you sometimes run into material that instructs otherwise, if I could make a rule for it, the default would be up and down, and those that want to stroke less could choose to do so at their own discretion.
joecarlton
Explorer
Explorer

Post by joecarlton »

I don't disagree that it probably, usually means up and down.
I just think that just one side makes more sense to me.
Also, one side is easier for special instructions like "the never ending tunnel" and "milking the bull".
book_guy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by book_guy »

Depends on whether using a stroke-sleeve type toy (f.e. Fleshlight) or simply your hand(s). I've always assumed that I and everyone else at Milovana, especially the creators of cock-hero-type videos, we all thought that a complete up-and-down motion was intended and required for any one "beat" that appears in the instructions (visual OR auditory). Its news to me, as this thread indicates, that a significant portion of folks think or thought otherwise. I'm happy to be wrong (it cuts the difficulty of almost all my videos down by half!) but I have to say that I'm surprised.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Are you missing a cock-hero video?
Me too. Since September 1, 2020, my Mega Sharing Zones contents are being removed by Mega.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
thatsprettyhot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thatsprettyhot »

I think it would be more logical to say that 1 stroke emulates 1 complete suck, thrust, whatever complete set of motions before it starts over/repeats, whichever means or objects are involved :D What the toys or or objects might change, is that it might be more logical to use it "down-and-up" instead of "up-and-down". I admit not being an expert on the possible toys and ways but just my general logic keeps saying overall it makes the most sense to consider strokes complete up-down/down-up and overanalyzing this isn't helping at all, only making it more confusing for the confused.

EDIT: I'm sorry to sound annoyed but the issue here is kinda personal - it's been like my top annoyance in the CH world since day 1, that "oh apparently I was only supposed to do half-strokes, come on who does that?". Of course, when the tease-maker chooses to use the half-strokes as a specialty, I'm totally fine with it as long as he's telling about it beforehand.
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by dtspam »

Usually, one stroke means up and down, and most cock-heros are clearly desinged that way. Of course some have very fast beats, but they are probably made by very experienced strokers. Half the speed for me usually feels ridiculously slow. Also it feels strange, usually I stroke with a certain movement, like "slowly up and fast down" depending on the musik, this is one smooth movement. Taking two strokes would force me to do something like "fast up, break, fast down, break" which is not very arrousing.
As the movement is not symmetric (at least not for me) it does not fit well to a rhythm. Also, uneven rhythms like the common 123-123-123 would feel very strange up-down-up-break-down-up-down-break.
zoltan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zoltan »

A simpler way to think about this is that each "stroke" is a downstroke. Coming back up is just a resetting motion that happens between beats. In this way your hand is behaving like a drummer's - down on the beat, up to reset.

Some CH videos with absurdly fast beats are more fun the "wrong" way though, since it effectively cuts the stroke rate in half.

Want to join Milovana? PM zoltan901 on Reddit to ask for an invite code!
bhlombardy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bhlombardy »

geforceguy01 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:35 am Technically it's 1 up + 1 down. But obviously most CHs will include portions with speeds that require 1 up or 1 down to be practical. And from my experience, after half an hour even medium speeds become difficult for my arm to maintain the rhythm.
Agree totally with this... WAY back with the original CH's (Vindicare, AndyP, etc) I "assumed" that one direction was one stroke -- for that very reason... it was more practical, and I didn't get carpal tunnel after 20-30 minutes.

But let me also add: in the Vindicare/AndyP days, when there was action on screen, the beat was often synchronized with the inward/outward motion in the video, and I would imitate whatever that motion was to the accompanying beat. -- and thus realizing at that moment (and for that logic) that the beat was a 2-direction motion.

However, Now that the CH community has been pretty much overridden with freelancers (don't read that as bad, just not being made by Vindicare and Andy) the attention to beat vs onscreen motion is less common. As pointed out by this very thread, the opinion of what is considered a 'full stroke' can be different depending on who you talk to, thus the creator might have one mindset versus another. I think one has to interpret for themselves which is the more appropriate "stroke" measure based on the video.

I've actually seen a couple of videos that have dictated at the beginning what the intented "stroke" measure is... and I've also seen videos that said at the beginning that the choice was up to the player: Easy mode: is 1-up, 1-down = 2 strokes... challenge is 1up+down = 1 stroke -- this is another good idea, if you can arrange it.

Not to mention, that in some videos that have rapid beats, if it was a complete up&down motion for one stroke, I'd have to be The Flash to move my hand and arm that fast... and I'd wind up cumming butter by the end of it.

In the end, I don't think anyone is paying attention to how YOU do it... just so long as you're enjoying yourself :whistle:
Last edited by bhlombardy on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by dtspam »

Why is everyone complaining here about cockheros being too fast? Isn't the point to stroke it so hard and fast that you can barely hold back for half an hour or more? :-D
barebone123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by barebone123 »

zoltan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:33 am A simpler way to think about this is that each "stroke" is a downstroke. Coming back up is just a resetting motion that happens between beats. In this way your hand is behaving like a drummer's - down on the beat, up to reset.

Some CH videos with absurdly fast beats are more fun the "wrong" way though, since it effectively cuts the stroke rate in half.
This is basically how I interpreted it and what I design beats based on.
anonymous1403
Explorer
Explorer

Post by anonymous1403 »

I always assumed a stroke was a single motion in one direction. Like a piston in a 4 stroke engine.
Each individual action is a single stroke.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _Small.gif

Other definition:
a mark made by drawing a pen, pencil, or paintbrush in one direction across paper or canvas. -Fine Arts
rob204
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rob204 »

bhlombardy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:11 pm in some videos that have rapid beats, if it was a complete up&down motion for one stroke, I'd have to be The Flash to move my hand and arm that fast...
I don't know. Maybe that depends on the length of your cock.

But just think about all the poor guys trying to play cockhero with their gfs or dildos. I must say is pretty difficult to find a clip where you can do full strokes.

But cockhero is full of cheating anyways. Whenever you feel like you could be cumming anytime soon you start stroke less intensively. Just so you don't cum and still didn't miss a beat. Would be much better if someone else would do the stroking, someone unbiased, like an automatic masturbator.