[RELEASE] Cock Hero: Inferno - Canto I

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Xaphran
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [RELEASE] Cock Hero: Inferno - Canto I

Post by Xaphran »

I thought I left a comment before but I guess I didn't.

I love the entire RPG concept. My favorite CHs are when it feels like it's you vs someone, be that the main girl of the scene or the "narrator" or whatever. It makes it feel more like a personal struggle, which makes it more exciting (and thus more difficult to hold back.) And this is definitely fits that description! Maybe more than any other CH.
Spoiler: show
One suggestion: The way the overall quest is set out at present seems to indicate releasing early can't ever be a good thing, which renders most of the decision making moot and keeps it as mostly a stamina test (But since I haven't peeked at the other endings, I don't actually know for a fact that all of them are bad, I'm just assuming they are. I could be totally wrong here and wasting everyone's time writing this. lol)

Assuming I'm not totally wrong already, maybe there could be some twists in the future to give a legit reason to give up a load before the video ends. (I know, this is pretty much contrary to the point of CH but I'm choosing to embrace the RPG element.) Anyway, just something to consider... maybe you're way ahead of me.
Bottom line: This is awesome. I can't wait for the next installment.
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

Xaphran wrote: I love the entire RPG concept. My favorite CHs are when it feels like it's you vs someone, be that the main girl of the scene or the "narrator" or whatever. It makes it feel more like a personal struggle, which makes it more exciting (and thus more difficult to hold back.) And this is definitely fits that description! Maybe more than any other CH.
Those have been my favorite ones too. I loved the stroker ace and especially the Blue Magic Challenge - which is still my personal favorite, and Im a fan of the Fantasy and Island series for the same reason.

Thank you for the kind feedback. I appreciate it, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
One suggestion: The way the overall quest is set out at present seems to indicate releasing early can't ever be a good thing, which renders most of the decision making moot and keeps it as mostly a stamina test (But since I haven't peeked at the other endings, I don't actually know for a fact that all of them are bad, I'm just assuming they are. I could be totally wrong here and wasting everyone's time writing this. lol)

Assuming I'm not totally wrong already, maybe there could be some twists in the future to give a legit reason to give up a load before the video ends. (I know, this is pretty much contrary to the point of CH but I'm choosing to embrace the RPG element.) Anyway, just something to consider... maybe you're way ahead of me.
Good news - we are indeed ahead of you on that. I don't want to spoil too much - but even in Canto I, not all of the epilogues are all bad. Yes, they play out like a no-no with a web-tease to get back into the game - but there are some nuggets of good hidden in a couple of them; things that can only be discovered by making certain RPG choices.

That being said - yes aside from that, it's still at its core still a stamina test - because you are as you put it - having a personal struggle against those who would prefer you fail. In this case, it may be fun to give in - and some it may not be a choice - so it may be too much a struggle. But the difference is in this one, you CAN choose to not wait till the end. And in some cases, that might benefit you. Mostly not, though. But that is at the core of a RPG - making choices in character/story that likely have some ramifications - but that you don't what those are until the story unfolds after the choice is made.
Bottom line: This is awesome. I can't wait for the next installment.
:w00t: Yeah - me neither!!!! Thanks for playing.

-TL
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

Hey all - has anyone seen him signed in or heard anything from Raga on this messageboard lately?

I'm a little worried about him - I haven't been in contact with him for about a month now. I know he's a busy guy that works a lot, but usually I still hear back from him every week or fortnight.

I hope he's okay.
-TL
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

Tittyluvr1334 wrote:Hey all - has anyone seen him signed in or heard anything from Raga on this messageboard lately?

I'm a little worried about him - I haven't been in contact with him for about a month now. I know he's a busy guy that works a lot, but usually I still hear back from him every week or fortnight.

I hope he's okay.
-TL
Disregard - it's all good!

-TL
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

Good to hear!
Alex69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Alex69 »

I'm glad he's OK

By the way... When will we have a new episode? Maybe CANTO II ?

I enjoyed the great production levels and the high quality standards of CANTO I.
Please, keep up the good work!
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

Alex69 wrote:I'm glad he's OK

By the way... When will we have a new episode? Maybe CANTO II ?

I enjoyed the great production levels and the high quality standards of CANTO I.
Please, keep up the good work!
Thank you for the continued interest. This past summer and fall (since release of Canto I) have been extremely busy for both Raga and I and weirdly he would be busy when I wasn't and vice versus, so it was rare where we would have a week that we were both able to work together. And then there's the back and forth issue of changing our mind of what we want it to be - as that is a moving target; we keep shifting our vision for how we want it to look.

That being said, I have most or all of the material we would need (and then some) and we are about 75% done with the initial footage selection, editing and putting together. Even when that is done, though, there's still a lot to do to polish it with: dialogue, the stroke-queue beats, and then the RPG element added. It's important to us both to have all of this very well done before releasing it. We both are taking great pride in this project, and he's a perfectionist at his editing - and that's what makes him so great at it.

The same great production levels and high quality standards of Canto I are still being utilized, so as you pointed out that you were a fan of that, you'll still be getting that and be please with that part of it at least. Content of course is preferential as we all know. From what I've seen though, it is as hot or even hotter than most of Canto I.

I know it's been slow, but have faith, we are working on it.

-TL and Raga
(Erosphere Production Team)
Blank
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blank »

I had another go at this one. The first time I played it I really didn't liked it but I was also in a bad mood. But this time I did lose to the round, the Battle at River Styx, so that means it must be doing something right.

The special effects still feel overdone to me, but it does give the video an unique style.

But I really think it is the editing of the scenes that is preventing it from being great, it feels too chaotic to me. For example in River Styx the artistic, intimate style of the scenes with Connie Carter (the ones I losed to by the way) contrast jarringly with the more amateur, trashy looking one of the side-girls. I would have much prefered one round consacred to each style. I think the best editing makes you feel like the scenes belong together, makes you forget you're watching a compilation. Of course sometimes maybe the contrast is intended (and actually rewatching the video it seems it was? I didn't follow much the story). But too often with Cock Hero I feel like the creators try to cram too much of their favorites scenes in their videos, but sometimes more is less and less is more.

As for the beats, I would really advise for the next part to introduce warnings some 2-3 seconds before the actual beat changes, but even better I think an actual visual beatmeter would work best with these beats but also with the style of the video. I think if you could produce one stylised to go with the fantasy theme, like some sort of wooden, stony, or magical appearance, it would do great for immersion. Even though I realise it would means much more work.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by desertfox »

Hey just as an FYI I started hooking this up to a GuideMe tease. I think by sunday I should have it up. I'll release the guide without the actual video, so it will be very tiney, you'll have to drop the video into a folder in the guide for it to work.

So far I have it so you can play through and branch off to epilogues and follow their directions. It keeps track of VPs you earn as well. I want to get the abilities working so I need to kind of retool the whole thing to account for some of them as I hadn't seen all the things that can happen in the endings until just now. I also think I can enforce your waiting for a day or more in it as well.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

I've wrapped up inferno in a guideme. Now you can have all the game features by just clicking. You still have to be honest about what is going on and I didn't do any code to keep track of denial days.

Advance through rounds normally.
Branches you if you report a failure to the correct epilogue.
Keeps track of Virtue Points.
Lets you use all abilities at the correct time if you have the VPs for them.
Lets you use the items at the correct time if you have them.
Loops you through repeat rounds until you've done your time.
Lets you do what you are allowed to do in the last epilogue.

Expandable if canto II is written similarly.

It could use some images and sounds for using abilities still.

Inferno GuideMe
This does NOT include the Inferno video! You must move it into the guide yourself!
Inferno must be named "CH___INFERNO___C1.mp4" and must be put in the Inferno/Videos directory in the guide to work!
Your directory should look like this:

Code: Select all

<Root_DIR>
|--Inferno (a directory)
|     |--Common
|     |--Images
|     |--Scripts
|     |--Videos
|            |---CH___INFERNO___C1.mp4
|
|--inferno.xml
Open inferno.xml in guideme to play.
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

desertfox wrote:I've wrapped up inferno in a guideme. Now you can have all the game features by just clicking. You still have to be honest about what is going on and I didn't do any code to keep track of denial days.

Advance through rounds normally.
Branches you if you report a failure to the correct epilogue.
Keeps track of Virtue Points.
Lets you use all abilities at the correct time if you have the VPs for them.
Lets you use the items at the correct time if you have them.
Loops you through repeat rounds until you've done your time.
Lets you do what you are allowed to do in the last epilogue.

Expandable if canto II is written similarly.

It could use some images and sounds for using abilities still.

Inferno GuideMe
This does NOT include the Inferno video! You must move it into the guide yourself!
Inferno must be named "CH___INFERNO___C1.mp4" and must be put in the Inferno/Videos directory in the guide to work!
Your directory should look like this:

Code: Select all

<Root_DIR>
|--Inferno (a directory)
|     |--Common
|     |--Images
|     |--Scripts
|     |--Videos
|            |---CH___INFERNO___C1.mp4
|
|--inferno.xml
Open inferno.xml in guideme to play.

Hey DesertFox - I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, what you're doing or how to duplicate. BUT - it looks like you're doing something good. So for that - Thank you! I hope someone gets to benefit from what you've done. :-P
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Tittyluvr1334 wrote: Hey DesertFox - I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, what you're doing or how to duplicate. BUT - it looks like you're doing something good. So for that - Thank you! I hope someone gets to benefit from what you've done. :-P
Oh man, you should check it out. Guideme is a program that is living over on the webtease forum. It is a program that (if you make a tease for it) can give you an experience similar to the flash webtease here on the site. You can do a lot more stuff with it though because you can write javascript with it.

Guide Me Thread

If you go there and get guideme 1.5 (not sure if you need to update to 1.6) you basically just unzip it. There will be a folder in it called Guides. Download what I have and drop the inferno.xml and the inferno folder under there. Then, copy in your inferno mp4 into the video directory I mentioned above.

Run guideme by running the start.bat which will open the program, then do file/open and select the inferno.xml and play through your video.

That probably sounds more complicated than it is but its really simple to use. I urge you to try it out I think you will really like to see your stuff navigable instead of having to skip around and keep track of points.
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

desertfox wrote:
Tittyluvr1334 wrote: Hey DesertFox - I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, what you're doing or how to duplicate. BUT - it looks like you're doing something good. So for that - Thank you! I hope someone gets to benefit from what you've done. :-P
Oh man, you should check it out. Guideme is a program that is living over on the webtease forum. It is a program that (if you make a tease for it) can give you an experience similar to the flash webtease here on the site. You can do a lot more stuff with it though because you can write javascript with it.

Guide Me Thread

If you go there and get guideme 1.5 (not sure if you need to update to 1.6) you basically just unzip it. There will be a folder in it called Guides. Download what I have and drop the inferno.xml and the inferno folder under there. Then, copy in your inferno mp4 into the video directory I mentioned above.

Run guideme by running the start.bat which will open the program, then do file/open and select the inferno.xml and play through your video.

That probably sounds more complicated than it is but its really simple to use. I urge you to try it out I think you will really like to see your stuff navigable instead of having to skip around and keep track of points.
Dude - you have no idea just how computer illiterate and unsavvy I am. I may try some day but truth be told I understood very little of what you said and would take a long time and patience to decipher it. I'm sure if I ever get around to it - it'll be splendid.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Oh no, I'm just speaking poorly. You can definitely look at it with next to no effort.

1. Download guideme
2. Download my link
3. Copy inferno into to folder from my link
4. doubleclick icon to start guideme
5. Play.

I'm only pressing because you are underestimating yourself or i'm describing it poorly. I even made a short video to show what it is at least right here.
spawni
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spawni »

Oh that's awesome, thanks for that. :-D