[RELEASE] Cock Hero: Inferno - Canto I

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

zoltan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [RELEASE] Cock Hero: Inferno - Canto I

Post by zoltan »

Finally got around to watching this one. Overall I enjoyed this video a lot.

Positives:
  • Loved the selection of girls. They fit both my personal tastes and matched the style of the video you created.
  • Music was good and also fit the theme very well.
  • There was a lot of flavor text that did a good job of guiding the player, setting the mood, and keeping things interesting.
  • Really liked the epilogue idea. I think it's fun to have a custom closing sequence based on finish time, and it adds to replayability.
  • Pacing within each round was generally very good. It really gave the feeling that almost any round could be used as a reward round, which is great because the multiple epilogues encourage just that.
  • Very good use of vocals from the actresses in key places. It helped with immersion and made the experience more challenging.
  • Round 5 is one of my favorite CH rounds ever. The escalation is absolutely perfect. I really should have failed here - probably the only reason I didn't was the long rest that preceded this round.
Constructive Criticism:
  • The story didn't work for me. File this under "personal preference" but I found the entire plot silly and in many places distracting. When the text relates to the action, such as "I'm not through with you yet..." during a slowdown in between two intense segments, it's great - but "You can see the Fires of Lust escaping from the Great Gate" isn't exactly turning me on. I don't even know what that means.
  • Pacing BETWEEN rounds was waaay too slow. The break between rounds 4 and 5, for example, is over 2 minutes long! I understand this was a deliberate choice to tell the story and set the mood, but I think this could have been done much more concisely.
  • Beats were sometimes complex to the point of distracting. When "123-123-12345-6" pops up on the screen, followed closely by "x7-x5-6", I'm spending too much of my mental energy getting in sync with the beats, and not enough enjoying the action. Complex beat patterns could have been used more sparingly.

Big thanks to all involved for making this video. Looking forward to the sequel!

Want to join Milovana? PM zoltan901 on Reddit to ask for an invite code!
Alex69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Alex69 »

I agree 100% with Zoltan's comments.
Last edited by Alex69 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopzzz
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopzzz »

Gentlemen, finally got a chance to play through this. Well done and thank you!

This video was full of masterful editing that does a wonderful job of building the story. The music selection was phenomenal, just trippy enough to make for an intensely engrossing experience (especially combined with some herb) without being too esoteric or niche. Great job.

I think the tabletop style RPG theme was a bold move. It was obviously something that is not going to appeal to everyone and may even turn people off, but I like that you went for it and explored a new way of presenting this experience.

Its commonly said that a great product or experience will leave you wanting more, and I feel like this episode achieved that. I kept hoping through the second half of the video that we were going to continue the build towards more intensity and increasingly hardcore content, however things seemed to top out at a fairly tame level. I am going to assume (hope) that this is part of the overarching story that spans the next several planned episodes, and we will get to explore some much deeper content in future installments.

Overall this is top-tier and a great accomplishment. I think for us all to truly appreciate it we are going to have to see how the series unfolds and view the work as a whole.
JohnP
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by JohnP »

Just brilliant, probably my favorite CH.

Excellent girls selection, perfect cut.

I find the complex beat patterns very enjoyable. The fact that the patterns change frequently prevents boredom, very nice.

The double time beats were hard to hear though, cause of the background music, not sure if I'm the only one with that problem.
Sexless Dummy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sexless Dummy »

i really had my fun with this one, absolutely amazing work!
I enjoyed the music, the girls and i loved the rpg elements. Needless to say im eagerly awaiting part 2 :yes:

Spoiler: show
It actually took me over a week to finish it. I lost it at Virgos Training and at Charon Part 1. But to be honest, i didnt try really hard to beat it the first time because i was so damn curious of all the epilogues :lol: . Instead of cumming i choosed to just ruin my orgasms, because i thought after a real orgasm i would lose my will to contine through the penalties and i intend to keep it like that in future installements. Of course its kind of an extra punishment but i like it that way. I dont know if you guys are the first ones that implemented such a system (i mean the penalties after failing a round) but its an awesome idea and i hope it continues through the series.
For me personally there is not much to criticize. Maybe the beat changes could be announced 1 or 2 seconds earlier. It was sometimes hard to react that fast to the changes.

Apart from that i would like to know from where this score or soundtrack is that plays often between the rounds. Sounds good!
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

Sexless Dummy wrote:i really had my fun with this one, absolutely amazing work!
I enjoyed the music, the girls and i loved the rpg elements. Needless to say im eagerly awaiting part 2 :yes:
The good news is that the hardest part of part 2 - scene collection and such - is done. We are working on the third scene; but the time consuming part is done for most of it. We have all the layout and design as far as writing and knowing what we want each scene to look like already completed for Canto II.
It actually took me over a week to finish it. I lost it at Virgos Training and at Charon Part 1. But to be honest, i didnt try really hard to beat it the first time because i was so damn curious of all the epilogues :lol: . Instead of cumming i choosed to just ruin my orgasms, because i thought after a real orgasm i would lose my will to contine through the penalties and i intend to keep it like that in future installements. Of course its kind of an extra punishment but i like it that way. I dont know if you guys are the first ones that implemented such a system (i mean the penalties after failing a round) but its an awesome idea and i hope it continues through the series.
Love it! Thanks for sharing. I've been interested in other person's stories about how their journey unfolded. I got the idea for the "punishments" or Fate as I call them, from the Web-teases. We're not the first to employ any kind of consequence of denial or such for "failing" at a cock-hero production - usually it's just "you must start over from the beginning" but I do believe we're the first to make each round unique and each one be part of an overarching plot and story. Yes we intend to make these Fates and consequences an omnipotent part of Erosphere releases. The next couple Cantos should be harder to successfully complete. We want the skills and points that you unlock to feel more vital for survival.
For me personally there is not much to criticize. Maybe the beat changes could be announced 1 or 2 seconds earlier. It was sometimes hard to react that fast to the changes.
I won't disagree with that feedback at all. I agreed at times.
Apart from that i would like to know from where this score or soundtrack is that plays often between the rounds. Sounds good!
The music between rounds - most of it - comes from an old computer game called "Planescape - Torment" which was a Dungeons and Dragons based RPG computer game, and IMO the best RPG from a flavor and story perspective ever released. And the music is incredible, too.

-TL
camipco
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camipco »

Really cool idea, and very well made. I super appreciate the amount of work that went into this.
draucus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by draucus »

Best CH ever IMHO. I'd like to know who a certain girl is though. The blond at 32:58 please. thanks in advance
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

draucus wrote:Best CH ever IMHO. I'd like to know who a certain girl is though. The blond at 32:58 please. thanks in advance
Thanks for the praise, Draucus! That's awesome to hear that you liked it so much.

Charon is played by Janice Griffith in both rounds; including the scene you were asking about - she just dyed her hair blond there. She's so naughty and yummy.

-TL
Woogity
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by Woogity »

Any time table on a follow up production from erosphere???!
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

Finally had a chance to play this and I loved it! The sound and visual imagery was gorgeous. All the girls were gorgeous. You did a great job ramping up the intensity in the rounds, especially the cat round. The beats were perfect. Never too slow or too fast and together with the visuals it several times made me close to cumming but it never felt like it couldn't be overcome, and I managed to edge exactly when told to (although a short heads-up before would be appropriate). I really liked the choice of beats; having three beat patterns like x6-123-123 was more interesting than the usual simple 1234 we're used to, and your beats were still never too complex, and I liked the you never really repeated the beats again.

I have a few suggestions for improvements:
  • I was kind of bored between rounds when you expanded on the story. How about keeping an easy 1-1 beat throughout or maybe have an "edge or rest" prompt there?
  • When your score increases, display the total score rather than what to add to the score, like Cock Hero OSU did. Even if it's easy arithmetic, keeping a number in your head throughout is kind of annoying and destroys immersion.
bhk100
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by bhk100 »

Fantastic work. :) :love:

I have to ask, what is the music at 33:30? It's not listed in the soundtrack in the spoiler section of the first post, and Shazam / Sound Hound can't find it. But great track!
Cock Hero: Versus (2023): viewtopic.php?t=25968
LustyAngels - Lust in Translation: viewtopic.php?t=25640
LustyAngels: A/V Overload, Vol 1: viewtopic.php?t=25341
LustyAngels: A/V Overload, Vol 2: viewtopic.php?t=25405
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

lestrian wrote:Finally had a chance to play this and I loved it! The sound and visual imagery was gorgeous. All the girls were gorgeous. You did a great job ramping up the intensity in the rounds, especially the cat round. The beats were perfect. Never too slow or too fast and together with the visuals it several times made me close to cumming but it never felt like it couldn't be overcome, and I managed to edge exactly when told to (although a short heads-up before would be appropriate). I really liked the choice of beats; having three beat patterns like x6-123-123 was more interesting than the usual simple 1234 we're used to, and your beats were still never too complex, and I liked the you never really repeated the beats again.
Awesome Lestrian - so glad you enjoyed it so much!!!! Did you make it through on the first try???

Interesting that you're so complimentary of the rhythm beats; for every person who loves the complexity and appreciates not being 'bored' with the beat, there's been someone who prefers a much more simple steady beat to lose themself in - alot like the psytrance hero does. Those are a completely different type of experience and certainly no less fantastic - just different. I think with the 'story' themed idea here and all the breaks to add backstory, that the beat needs to be more dynamic and complicated to engage people. But I also understand wanting to just let the scene and music take you over and just follow it more subconsciously. I get that.

I think moving forward we'll do some of each style to keep the best of both worlds since the opinions on it are evenly split it seems.

I have a few suggestions for improvements:
  • I was kind of bored between rounds when you expanded on the story. How about keeping an easy 1-1 beat throughout or maybe have an "edge or rest" prompt there?
  • When your score increases, display the total score rather than what to add to the score, like Cock Hero OSU did. Even if it's easy arithmetic, keeping a number in your head throughout is kind of annoying and destroys immersion.
I will respond to point#1 that there is a FS-R in the cut-scenes. That was to represent FreeStyle or Rest at your preference. (The abbreviation was explained in the EGURS document, which I know not everyone reads.) But added a 1-1 rhythm is a valid idea; dependent on how it interacts with the cut-scene mood music that we use.

On the 2nd point, While I don't disagree that this is a good suggestion, it becomes tricky once you consider that not everyone is watching it for their first run-through. A viewer's personal experience watching this may have a different point total because...
Some of the epilogue consequences force the viewer to watch certain parts again or more than once, and these cause a cumulative point total
In which case, not everyone will have the same point total at the end, and so just listing a total would be misleading or confusing.

That all being said, Raga and I have already said to each other that we made a mistake the first time around in making the scenes worth 15 points which is much harder math than say 10 or 20. Look for that to be a change for future installments.

Which by the way - we are working heaving on the new one - but it has been slow going. We've each been hit at different times with the big workload at work that has cause major busy schedules and inability to devote time to it for much of the past 4 months.

But we have three of the scenes very heavily worked on, and about 4 to go, but I think the pace that we're working on it is picking up and were making much better progress for the past few weeks than at any point in the previous 3 months.

-TL
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

bhk100 wrote:Fantastic work. :) :love:

I have to ask, what is the music at 33:30? It's not listed in the soundtrack in the spoiler section of the first post, and Shazam / Sound Hound can't find it. But great track!
Thank you bhk! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

This was asked upthread as well, but I'll post it again for convenience:

The music between rounds - most of it - comes from an old computer game called "Planescape - Torment" which was a Dungeons and Dragons based RPG computer game, and IMO the best computer RPG - in regards to flavor and story perspective ever released. And the music is incredible, too.

We're trying to find some new pieces so as to not just be repetitive for future releases w/ the cut-scenes.
Thanks for playing
-TL
Tittyluvr1334
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tittyluvr1334 »

Hopzzz wrote:Gentlemen, finally got a chance to play through this. Well done and thank you!

This video was full of masterful editing that does a wonderful job of building the story. The music selection was phenomenal, just trippy enough to make for an intensely engrossing experience (especially combined with some herb) without being too esoteric or niche. Great job.
Hi Hopzzz - thanks for that! The editing is all Raga. He's truly phenomenal. He selected the music too, and I truly love a few of those songs, and one he picked out for Canto II is amazing good and totally appropriate for the scene. Can't wait to share that. My role was primarily like a director and consultant, and I wrote most of the dialogue and story element. I am having a bigger role in Canto II now that I understand so much more and am picking out a lot of the music myself, and providing a lot of editing direction but the technical part is still left to Raga's golden touch.
I think the tabletop style RPG theme was a bold move. It was obviously something that is not going to appeal to everyone and may even turn people off, but I like that you went for it and explored a new way of presenting this experience.

Exactly. But we made it to where one can simply ignore it and have fun watching irrespective of the RPG part. The fun part will be w/ Canto II and being able to use some of the cool abilities that are learned if one wishes to really interact with the video in that way - very dynamic. I have a long history of playing RPGs so making that was fun and part of my esoteric (to borrow your word) nature.

We did want to have our own "niche" for the community and that was the bold move we went with. Its taking the story based CH vids to a whole other level. AND we're having fun making them as we consider the story and consequence ideas that are so creative.
Its commonly said that a great product or experience will leave you wanting more, and I feel like this episode achieved that. I kept hoping through the second half of the video that we were going to continue the build towards more intensity and increasingly hardcore content, however things seemed to top out at a fairly tame level. I am going to assume (hope) that this is part of the overarching story that spans the next several planned episodes, and we will get to explore some much deeper content in future installments.

Overall this is top-tier and a great accomplishment. I think for us all to truly appreciate it we are going to have to see how the series unfolds and view the work as a whole.
Yes - as this was a planned multi-part continued story (like Lord of the Rings movies), this just scratched the surface; and it will just continue to ramp up to some degree as it gets more and more intense - the further one explores The Inferno (our parable for The Underworld or Hell in Dante's Inferno story). There are some very very very interesting sites and characters in Dante's Inferno to have fun with... :bow: Hell we might just throw in a curveball and start an episode with intense hardcore! :w00t: ...or not. But we might. But prob not. But you never know.....

Plus we have ideas for non Inferno vids that are tied to it to use the EGURS part of it as well. Kind of like how all those CW super hero shows are all different, but all share the same world/crossover.

-TL