[Proof of Concept] Cock Hero RPG

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Leoric
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

[Proof of Concept] Cock Hero RPG

Post by Leoric »

Hi,

after a long time of forum-lurking I have decided to become active myself.
I am a great fan of story-driven CH releases like Lovecraft's Fantasy series so I went ahead and tried to turn Cock Hero Fantasy 1 into an RPG using RPG Maker MV (mainly because it has the lowest resolution and is therefore easiest to convert).

You can download the quick and dirty result here:
https://mega.nz/#!6hYlVZpa!ftjeld_OJe_q ... gbBWszrx2g

It's still a very simple implementation because the source video doesn't include any story branches or choices the player can make, but with good storyline and existing or custom made CH clips I think it is possible to create a nice variation to the normal videos.
The game works with windows, but I can also create versions for Mac or Android.

For those of you unfamiliar with the controls of RPG Maker games:
Spoiler: show
Arrow keys or mouse - Move your character
Spacebar - Ok
X - Cancel, Skip Video (for testing purposes), Delete last letter when naming your character
Hold Shift - Dash
F4 - Fullscreen on/off
Please tell me what you think and ask me anything you would like to know :-)

Peace,
Leoric
GucciTrain
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Proof of Concept] Cock Hero RPG

Post by GucciTrain »

Hi Leoric,

First off, I'm glad to meet another big fan of the Fantasy series and someone who's adamant about pursuing deeper narratives in CH's. The thing I enjoy so much about them is if the creator is good enough, even though subconsciously you know its just a random string of videos, your mind can trick you into believing the story. It's hard enough to create that immersion, but it's even harder to not break it.

So onto the game, it's obviously a proof of concept for where something like this could go with the right resources. Things like Viola Bailey (the Oracle's) hair being blonde, Marie McCray being at the door when in the scene she was in the kitchen, or the Forest Nymph not leading you to the Lady of the Forest pulled me out of the experience. Since you're filling in the information the user would usually do with their imagination, you have to paint that canvas and bring it to life. Being a proof of concept, I realize that wasn't what you were going for here but its something to keep in mind. That being said, I enjoyed the lead up to the Forest Nymph scene since it followed the story and the environment mirrored the video. Also, including something as small as umbrella's behind the Oracle in scene 4 could make that part more immersive.

Anyways, I'm always here to talk to if you ever want to discuss creating story lines or just generating ideas for the game. I'm sure with a little more experience you can make something really worthwhile. Thank you for taking the time to make this, I look forward to seeing what you create in the future.
kong
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kong »

WOW! The potential

Think about
a world,
a game,
a character whom you play.
You could go for quests; killing stuff and finding a way, a path.
Picking up stuff and leveling up can help you succeed further, killing stuff easier or give you special rules you can apply in the CHs.
Many CHs are implemented and not neccessary to have on your HDD, they will be streamed.
An ... epick ... adventure! That develops all the time. The project is all open and ppl create mods similar to skyrim.
:-)
lovecraft
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lovecraft »

Hi Leoric !

I really like that idea and what you did with Fantasy1 !

I'm sure great stuff can be done with that. I look forward to seeing your future projects ;-)
Leoric
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Leoric »

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions :-)

I'm still learning about the potential and limitations of the RPG Maker MV.
For once, as GucciTrain wrote, it's pretty easy to string together some events and play some clips, but not so easy to create immersion (scenery, players being able to take long breaks from stroking when they shouldn't). Right now I am trying to get everything done without altering or adding sprites, but in the long run I (or somebody else) will have to, especially when the storylines become more complex (the umbrellas mentioned by GucciTrain don't exist in any sprite-set I know of, for example).

The simplest way of creating immersion right now might be to create a choose-your-own-adventure style game that consists completely of clips and choices between clips. Sprites and stuff like that would be irrelevant in that case. Maybe I'll create a little demo of that later.

Sadly, I don't think it is possible to stream videos inside RPG Maker games unless somebody with a lot of skill in Javascript
creates a plugin for that (I don't even think that's possible), so the games will always be pretty big :-/

I am currently working on implementing a storyline and will keep you posted on how it turns out :smile:
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Post by elvisomar »

Leoric wrote:The game works with windows, but I can also create versions for Mac or Android.
I'd be very interested to try out a Mac version. Thanks for the offer.
Leoric
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Leoric »

elvisomar wrote:I'd be very interested to try out a Mac version. Thanks for the offer.
Here you go :-)

https://mega.nz/#!2ohV2LRT!SwQV8Wfn35p1 ... 6IoBD5b03w

Please tell me if everything works, I don't have a Mac to test this on.
Last edited by Leoric on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovecraft
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lovecraft »

For mac users, there's also a free software to launch .exe : Wine
https://www.winehq.org/

I'm a mac user, and it works very well with the .exe file of Leoric.
smoothie69
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by smoothie69 »

This looks super cool! I can't wait to try it out!
Leoric
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Leoric »

Thanks again for the feedback :-)
analluvr wrote: One thing that I found when watching the videos themselves was that the video would regularly freeze and the counter would continue to decrease - and therefore I was not watching a full scene but rather the first few minutes over a 5 or so minute period.
This sounds really weird and shouldn't happen. Could you tell me the specs of the PC/laptop you are using and if there where any resource-heavy processes running while you were playing? Does the video also stutter if you play it normally using a video player?
PetitGreg
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PetitGreg »

Leoric wrote:
elvisomar wrote:I'd be very interested to try out a Mac version. Thanks for the offer.
Here you go :-)

https://mega.nz/#!2ohV2LRT!SwQV8Wfn35p1 ... 6IoBD5b03w

Please tell me if everything works, I don't have a Mac to test this on.
It works on Mac (tested under 10.8.5 and 10.11.4).
Great proof of concept.
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

kong wrote:WOW! The potential
^This right here^. There is SO, so much you could do with this. Very exciting stuff.
Xudmud
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Xudmud »

I'd suggest a variety of scenes from different CH videos? Sort of like the randomizers that are floating around out there, though this one is tied in with the story... Also what sort of story would it be though apart from lovecraft's one.
tommyfilth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tommyfilth »

I really, really like this idea. It feels like it opens a lot of new avenues to creators, and will undoubtedly inspire others to create stuff along a similar vein using different game-making engines.
mathison
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by mathison »

Wow!.
Amazing concept.

Android version?