New Denial Game: Four Floors, Four Doors

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
Noah
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: New Denial Game: Four Floors, Four Doors

Post by Noah »

I will take some time to answer all questions tomorrow (and fix what is broken).

Creator of many devious forum games and always up for exchanging personal teases!
Noah
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Noah »

Helequin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 pm Couple of comments and observations so far:

Daily 19 - is this always supposed to be 3 pages or should it match the player's difficulty? Wording is a little unclear. For variety's sake, it might also be fun have this one randomize which 3 pages (of the full pages available) so someone who rolls this a few times isn't always seeing the same pictures next month.

The dailies in general and interactive tasks are a lot of fun and I like them. Downside is that it's a bit of a pain to read through every post double-checking for a challenge or not. Quoting helps a lot of course. I don't think there's an elegant way to get around this one though, so not a big deal.

The other effect I've seen with the dailies is a lot of posts which have no pictures since someone is just updating their status performing a challenge and not grabbing a key. Nothing wrong with this at all, but it might lower the number of images per page (it's a bit hard to tell, since dailies also mean people might post more as part of their regular game posts). If you decide this is something to change, an easy idea for next month might be to require 3 pictures and 3 edges for any post at all in the game thread. Again, more an observation than a problem, and some turns take plenty of time to complete as is haha.
Daily 19
Great idea! I will take it into account! Soon I will probably add a few more interactive dailies. Might as well change 19 as well! I sometimes find it hard in the game to keep it simple and the more instructions you add the harder it gets to keep it simple (because I have even more ideas). Good comment about the difficulty (I will check it out and think about that as well).

Dailies / quoting
True, maybe it should be in the instruction to quote the player you target. I think a lot of us already do it!

Dailies / posting
Yes, it increases the interaction and therewith might reduce the pictures. Changing it into four pages could be an option if the effect is rather large.

Thanks for the observations! Keep it up! :D

Creator of many devious forum games and always up for exchanging personal teases!
Noah
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Noah »

rabbithole wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 pm Being fairly new to this game, can I ask a few questions, which may or may not have already been addressed somewhere else?

First: Is there an upper limit on the number of levels/floors you can "buy" per day? The difficulty descriptions say things like:
If you visit the desks and do the daily allowed tasks you can theoretically buy a level per day
which seems to be only an estimated calculation. Playing in trial mode (as described above), if I earn 300 points the first day, and 300 points the second day, then I'll have enough to buy 3 levels in 2 days, which is certainly more than a level per day. Can I do this? If I have saved up 800 points, can I theoretically buy my way from the first floor to the roof in one day?

Second: Is this option:
you may choose to stroke 50 times per picture OR edge once per picture that contains this category.
assumed to be implied whenever you are instructed to edge to pictures? In other words, can I always choose to trade an edge for 50 strokes? Or only when edging to pictures? Or only for pictures that directly contribute to the key? Or strictly only for the one category posted by the former player?

Third: What does this mean?
A maximum of 300 points can be earned by doing the desks or dailies
300 points total? OR, 300 points for desks and 300 points for dailies (600 points per day total)? It seems like the desks work best as a way to substitute in for undesirable dailies, so I would assume it's the former, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on points.

Thank you for your time and effort in developing and improving this game! I love what I'm seeing so far, and I'm having great fun, though I know it's only the beginning. ;-)
I am answering on a mobile phone or else I would not be so lazy when it comes to answering :lol:

- I have set no limitation on buying your way up (so yes, unless the difficulty says you may not buy yourself up to the roof). If you feel like I should do let me know because I do not have experience with all difficulty levels!
- You can always trade an edge for 50 strokes. Some times this will take away a bit of the experience, like when instructed to hold an edge since there is no proper replacement.
- A maximum of 300 points can be earned daily (however, you are free to choose between the methods you have described).

Hopefully this answers your questions! Thanks for the kind words and your time to work your way around the complexity!

rabbithole
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by rabbithole »

Noah wrote:
Thank you, Noah, for answering all my questions and clearing up the sources of confusion. :love:
As a token of my gratitude, I present you with: another question!! :w00t:

Regarding edging/stroking to a given number (N) of pages... are we to include the current page in this count? Sometimes there are only a small handful of posts/pictures on it.

So, how are we to interpret "the last N pages"? Is it...?
  1. "the last N full pages" (i.e. ignoring the current one)
  2. "the last N pages, starting with the current one"
  3. "the last N pages, plus the current one" (i.e. N+1 pages)
  4. situation-dependent (e.g. only count it once it hits a certain post count)
  5. "the last 15*N posts" (since there are 15 posts per page)
  6. however the %^#@ you want to
In my opinion, option E makes the most sense... that is, counting N pages' worth of posts, rather than strictly defined pages from top to bottom. But it also seems like the most tedious. :unsure: Maybe we should always just round up? :lol:
Four Floors, Four Doors (Normal)
Floor: 1 | Points: 0 | Pool Points: 62 (2600) | Doors Opened: 3 | Gambles: 4
Last Ruin: 11/16 | Last Cum: 11/13 | Edges So Far: 211
rabbithole
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rabbithole »

I'd also like to quickly bump dix' question (considering I just reached the roof for the first time):
dix wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:46 pm Question: Where do you end up after you complete a roof tease if it doesn't tell you where to go? (I.E. Some tell you to go back 2 floors or to got to the basement.)
Four Floors, Four Doors (Normal)
Floor: 1 | Points: 0 | Pool Points: 62 (2600) | Doors Opened: 3 | Gambles: 4
Last Ruin: 11/16 | Last Cum: 11/13 | Edges So Far: 211
dix
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by dix »

rabbithole wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 am I'd also like to quickly bump dix' question (considering I just reached the roof for the first time):
dix wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:46 pm Question: Where do you end up after you complete a roof tease if it doesn't tell you where to go? (I.E. Some tell you to go back 2 floors or to got to the basement.)
I just went back to floor one in the end. I was basing that on the line:

" until you make it to the top of the building (the roof/penthouse), where you will possibly get your release. There might also be a chance that you will be ruined or denied to start all over again."

Saying that you would have to start all over again. So unless told I was guessing right back to the beginning. :unsure:

But as I say, that's just a guess. :-) :lol:
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kristycookie »

rabbithole wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:25 am
Noah wrote:
Thank you, Noah, for answering all my questions and clearing up the sources of confusion. :love:
The rule I like to use for most things is, 'do whats fun for you'. I'm sure Noah will be glad to give his view on this as well though :)

I'm pretty sure on a previous page of this thread I mentioned that some roof teases don't tell you where to go, and we decided you start from Floor 1 again if denied.
dix
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by dix »

Kristycookie wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm
Noah wrote:
The rule I like to use for most things is, 'do whats fun for you'. I'm sure Noah will be glad to give his view on this as well though :)

I'm pretty sure on a previous page of this thread I mentioned that some roof teases don't tell you where to go, and we decided you start from Floor 1 again if denied.
Ah so you did. Sorry that's my bad. I completely missed that. :oops:
Noah
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Noah »

Noah wrote:

Regarding edging/stroking to a given number (N) of pages... are we to include the current page in this count? Sometimes there are only a small handful of posts/pictures on it.

So, how are we to interpret "the last N pages"? Is it...?
  1. "the last N full pages" (i.e. ignoring the current one)
  2. "the last N pages, starting with the current one"
  3. "the last N pages, plus the current one" (i.e. N+1 pages)
  4. situation-dependent (e.g. only count it once it hits a certain post count)
  5. "the last 15*N posts" (since there are 15 posts per page)
  6. however the %^#@ you want to
In my opinion, option E makes the most sense... that is, counting N pages' worth of posts, rather than strictly defined pages from top to bottom. But it also seems like the most tedious. :unsure: Maybe we should always just round
What Kristycookie said is correct. If it is not mentioned then it means a restart (Floor 1). However, I always give the freedom to personalize. In a new update, to also include the feedback that has been given, in contrast to the current denial endings of the roof there will probably always be a chance to get multiple options. Maybe in some this will be a chance to end on multiple floors or maybe even a smaller chance for release. This means that in the reworks this will be clarified in every roof tease.

As for the pages. Option F definitely made me chuckle and seems like the best attitude when doing things for fun :lol:. However, it is a fair question. The way it is defined it means the last three pages that have any pictures. This could lead to a page that has fewer pictures than a full page (which could be considered luck within the game). The amount of three (possibly four) should be high enough to compensate for a lesser third page. Yet again, if you feel like you do not deserve the key by doing three pages then you are free to cover the whole topic :lol: Also, in the reworks I am thinking of making it optional to randomize the pages so that the pictures that have to be edged/stroked to differ from key to key (based on feedback that has been given). This will bring some new complications, but we will figure it out.

Anyway, with games like this it is always hard to find a balance between overloading with such detailed descriptions that people are too intimidated that they do not dare to give it a try and creating instructions that are clear enough for you to keep the immersion. I am glad people play and ask questions!

On a complete different note: currently personal circumstances complicate actively participating myself, which I find a shame. Nevertheless I will try to keep the game running for all of you. The tease that will be released on the 11th still needs some work and it might be delayed a few days. Hopefully you all will respect that.

Helequin
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Helequin »

I know how you feel Noah, RL and feeling ill dropped me right out of the game the last few days. Doing better now, but I lost any sense of being teased, so think I am just going to restart at the bottom.
Playing Help Me Cum Please!
Choosing a Goddess - a set for anyone to play
The 1000th Reply Celebration Challenge and it's Finale - an ongoing challenge to try
Co-author of Kyla's Party - webtease based on Help me Cum Please.

Miss Elyna's Cum Challenge Winner
dix
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by dix »

Noah wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 pm
Noticed that the first link for a 12 roll at the Desk of Gambles doesn't seem to work any more.

https://imgur.com/yH9mPiuor .

Sorry to keep finding dead links. I love the game you've made though. It's amazing. :-) :-)
bplove1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by bplove1 »

Can't wait to start playing this game!I have been waiting all day in the milovana subreddit waiting to get an invite code.

But first some questions that I couldn't find the answer to while trawling through all the posts.

1) For a new player do I just play on from the last post made?
2) In difficulty levels it says it costs a certain amount of points to move up a floor. But also when you open certain doors it says UP, is this also referring to going up a floor? And that it so happens if you wanted you could spend points to also move up?
3) Is there a certain format that is preferable when making a new post as part of the game? Could you maybe link or quote a post that is a good example? I've seen some posts with lots of info and other posts with almost nothing.
4) If you or anyone else has a really brief guide on how to play I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful, I did see the directions at the start and like you said they didn't really make sense until I had looked through the other posts that came before me. But any other tips on playing would be ideal.

Thanks so much for all your hard work and I can't wait for you to respond and for me to start playing!
Four Floors Four Doors Scoreboard (Normal) - Round 1
Floor - 3 / Points - 300 / Keys: 0 / Gambles - 0 / Levels Bought - 0 / Basement - 0 / Roof - 0 / Ruined - 0 (0) / Releases 0

Pool Points: 15

Modifiers: -
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kristycookie »

bplove1 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:35 am But first some questions that I couldn't find the answer to while trawling through all the posts.
Noah's fairly busy lately, I'll give this a crack.

1) Yes you can just dive in whenever. As long as someone has posted a set of doors you can respond to it.
2) Yes opening doors can make you go UP or DOWN, as do the wheels (and maybe other things too). You can optionally do activities that give you points, and you can spend these points to buy yourself up a floor as well. The doors and wheels can be fickle, and sometimes you can go a week or more in denial trying to make it to the roof. The points make sure that you can get yourself there if you want to, but there is no guarantee that making it to the roof means you get a full release...
3) This is a bit subjective. I feel like this somewhat falls into the realm of 'do what's fun for you'. I like to make sure I've posted my key and doors for the next person, and I'll edit in my progress so that the next person can play while I am performing the tasks.
4) There is an example play in the original post, as well as a step by step guide of what you do. You can also see what people are doing in the thread. If you do something wrong it's not a big deal, people can play around you or simply let you know.

Hope this helps :)
Noah
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Noah »

dix wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:54 pm
Noah wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 pm
Noticed that the first link for a 12 roll at the Desk of Gambles doesn't seem to work any more.

https://imgur.com/yH9mPiuor .

Sorry to keep finding dead links. I love the game you've made though. It's amazing. :-) :-)
Thanks for giving me so much feedback! Definitely makes my work easier! Also thanks for the nice words! The above has been fixed!

Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

The video for room 12 is no longer up.