Fapioh Player

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Fapioh Player

Post by Syrge »

badop wrote:quick question syrge; the card database instructions include "excercise" as a tag - is this how you've spelt it in the program or just a typo in the instructions?
The parser will search for the word "exercise". Sorry about the typo.
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n6dm2 ... dition.zip

This has been a good weekend's worth of work but it's all done.

It's the entire card database (other than two cards I can't find online), plus a few fan-made ones as an optional extra.
kleinersubi
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by kleinersubi »

Thank you :)

but the mediafire servers are very slow. It says it needs 18 hours...:/
redigert1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by redigert1 »

Is it any place people swap fapioh cards? 4chan never have it and 8ch is kinda dead.
My faproulette archive: http://faproulettes.net/
donthate1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by donthate1 »

Hi Syrge, or anyone else...how does this player work on a Mac? I cant get it to run....? Looking forward to it!
pantywedgieboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by pantywedgieboy »

I've downloaded it, but I can't get it to work! I've extracted the files and it says that I do not have appropriate permissions to access.
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

The program only works on windows machines. Sorry.
pantywedgieboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by pantywedgieboy »

Syrge wrote:The program only works on windows machines. Sorry.
I am using Windows.
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

It sounds like more an issue with your OS settings then. The only thing I can think of is to try and run it in administrator mode.
Philis
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Philis »

I've just started using Unity and want to make a program like this. Any chance of you uploading the source project files? It would save me a lot of time and get me off to a good start.
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

Sorry guys, I've gotten some messages and seen some complaints over the last few months regarding the Fapioh Player. I'm sorry to say it is no longer in development since the last posted version.

One common issue is that the program goes haywire when there are a large number of cards. If I remember correctly, I coded the parser of the No-Cards version that gathers the pic files to use the 3rd, 4th, and 5th characters of the file name to establish the card number. That means there is a 999 card limit on any category, so it would get funky after that. At the time I was focusing on getting functional code over long-term considerations. I never thought the card base would grow the way it has.

A second request I get now and then is to open-source the code and assets of the program. Unfortunately I use some of my assets of the player in other projects I have worked on, and even some I presently work on, and I do not feel comfortable in giving them away, because I do not know the fate of these other projects.

I realize the player has become obsolete, but I hope some people got enjoyment out of it while it was in it's prime. :-)
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

Hey guys, I just wanted to share this little player I made. Basically, I wanted to experiment with WebGl production, so I figured why not do a quick Fapioh player. It's similar to the "No-Cards" one I made before, except it would be considered a 'barebones' version, and it runs through a browser instead of a standalone app.

A few quick notes, Firefox 54.0.1 runs it fine for me, but Chrome seems to only want to run WebGL content through a webserver, so you could create a local host if you so desired. Safari didn't work for me either.

This version shouldn't have any issues with card number limits, as the parser will allow for file names of any length, and the database structure has been changed. There are instructions for the database in the .zip. Please note that things are somewhat different than the No-Cards version.

You can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8akmia4f6 ... _WebGl.zip

And lastly, I am open to bug fixes and other suggestions, but do know that this was just a little primer project for me, and I don't plan on spending much time on it.
favouriteworstnightmare
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by favouriteworstnightmare »

The author has released the full set of cards for a limited time.
playyyer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by playyyer »

Looking forward for updates!