Fapioh Player

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
masterspy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: Fapioh Player

Post by masterspy »

how can this have so little response?

Dude this is awesome, please keep up the good work and let us (me) know if you need help or ideas for the cards.
Exernet303
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Exernet303 »

Syrge wrote:
lol1337 wrote:How is it going with the next update? :) Saw that there were two new packs out.
Newest Update is complete with the latest cards. Also added the requested auto-Next-Card functionality.

Just a forewarning, I'm not sure how many more updates I will do, if any.
Just going to throw in support for an update to include the newest cards. I know I, as well as many others, would appreciate it.

Thanks for all the hard work on this. :love:
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

After only a couple demands for an update, but a download total surpassing 2000, I decided to do a simple card update. It is hard to gauge whether this thing is actually that popular, or if the same 10 people download the thing day in and day out. :unsure:
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

It's amazing!

A few things that I would love:

The ability to somehow add cards (may be too technically impossible) - this would mean you would feel less pressure to update over time.

Saving settings! (or at least making the default values proportional) - The current setup means you see an awful lot of the same D and S cards because there are so few.
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

badop wrote: The ability to somehow add cards (may be too technically impossible) - this would mean you would feel less pressure to update over time.
This is indeed possible, I have just determined it is not a good idea based on the fact each card also requires meta-data to be inputted. (Explained in earlier post.) I would only be exchanging the time inputting cards myself with new time explaining to people how to properly input into an .xml or .txt form for the parser to work.
badop wrote: Saving settings! (or at least making the default values proportional) - The current setup means you see an awful lot of the same D and S cards because there are so few.
To see less of any card type just lower the odds number on the right side. Just click on it and type the new number. Think of it as a deck of cards equal to the stated total on the right. The odds number is how many of that type is in the deck.

As far as saving, all settings should have been saving each session, except the odds numbers. I forgot to implement this way back in the original version. I have updated the latest release so the odds numbers now save as well. The previous version should still not have been forcing any odds frequency upon the user.
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

Syrge wrote:
badop wrote: The ability to somehow add cards (may be too technically impossible) - this would mean you would feel less pressure to update over time.
This is indeed possible, I have just determined it is not a good idea based on the fact each card also requires meta-data to be inputted. (Explained in earlier post.) I would only be exchanging the time inputting cards myself with new time explaining to people how to properly input into an .xml or .txt form for the parser to work.
badop wrote: Saving settings! (or at least making the default values proportional) - The current setup means you see an awful lot of the same D and S cards because there are so few.
To see less of any card type just lower the odds number on the right side. Just click on it and type the new number. Think of it as a deck of cards equal to the stated total on the right. The odds number is how many of that type is in the deck.

As far as saving, all settings should have been saving each session, except the odds numbers. I forgot to implement this way back in the original version. I have updated the latest release so the odds numbers now save as well. The previous version should still not have been forcing any odds frequency upon the user.
I could literally kiss you right now :)

An entry form for the metadata would be a solution but I can understand why that might be unnecessary effort.
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

Version has been updated to 1.09.

The update provides a new feature I hope everyone will enjoy. In trying to make the game a little more "multi-player", I implemented a deck stacking feature. This means you can now create your own decks with the order of cards you choose along with the timer duration you choose. Since the feature operates off of a .txt file in the game's Data folder, you can share this file with others.

Detailed instructions can be found inside the game's Data folder.

Feel free to share or trade your deck concoctions in this thread if you'd like.
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

And... finally I have added a version where players can collect and input their own cards. The download link is just below the other version.

Do note that these two players are not compatible with each other, and may contain differing features at a later time. The CardOrder.txt file, however, is exchangeable between them.

Instructions for how to import cards into the No-Cards version can be found inside the game's data folder.

If anyone has any additional questions feel free to ask them here. Also, if anyone else can provide assistance to others in using the CardDatabase.txt and CardOrder.txt files, your help in this thread is welcomed.

Lastly, feel free to share any CardDatabase.txt or CardOrder.txt files in this thread.

:yes:
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

I found some of your missing cards...

What others are missing?
A120.jpg
A120.jpg (393.66 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
F097.jpg
F097.jpg (332.77 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
H332.jpg
H332.jpg (315.4 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
H343.jpg
H343.jpg (374.6 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
H361.jpg
H361.jpg (351.84 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
J135.jpg
J135.jpg (361.24 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
J150.jpg
J150.jpg (331.11 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

badop wrote:I found some of your missing cards...

What others are missing?
Thanks. I do believe I have all of the available missing cards. I probably won't input them until I have a reason to do a whole new version update though.

On an unrelated note, to anyone it may concern, I'd love to hear if anyone got the No-cards version working properly, as well as the PreOrdered cards function in either version. A bunch of downloads without feedback makes me worry it either doesn't work or is too complicated. A simple "Works fine for me." post or PM would be greatly appreciated.
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

I tried to play around with the no cards version but didn't have enough jpgs. The sources I had before for the jpgs seem to have disappeared.

It would be great if you could release a zip with all the cards you hold in. Even better if you could provide the metadata in text form! :)
Syrge
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Syrge »

badop wrote:I tried to play around with the no cards version but didn't have enough jpgs. The sources I had before for the jpgs seem to have disappeared.
Thanks for giving it a try. A quite large assortment of the cards can be found here - http://8ch.net/fapioh/ and here - http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 22&t=12234
It would be great if you could release a zip with all the cards you hold in. Even better if you could provide the metadata in text form! :)
This was kind of what I was talking about with not seeing a good reason to make the No-Cards version. :-/ Most people seem to just want all the cards and features automatically setup anyway.

Sadly, I don't have a text version of all the meta-data. It is all hard-coded into arrays in the program, so I would have to go through and write a new list from scratch. :no: <-- I'm not any faster than anyone else doing it.

I ended up making the No-Cards version because several times the argument was made to me that then the community could have a version they controlled- so they could update with new cards if I wasn't around, or if they wanted to play exclusively with their own collection, etc.. So... I'm going to leave the card and tag support for the No-Cards version to the community. :-P
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

If I get time this weekend I'll try to make a full version of the no-cards list. That way you don't have so much pressure to maintain.
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

Status update:

I now have all cards in jpg format other than H-430 and J-175.

I have started card database and have done all the As. It appears to be working as designed.

That puts me ~15% of the way through the database.

I also have WAM and Xmas cards that I intend to add as optional extras in the S category.
badop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by badop »

quick question syrge; the card database instructions include "excercise" as a tag - is this how you've spelt it in the program or just a typo in the instructions?