Install existing webteases as iPhone/iPad/Android apps

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Install existing webteases as iPhone/iPad/Android apps

Post by tckt78 »

Any possibility we could add the following tease?

https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=23864

With the limitations of the applet regarding sound, this tease works rather well with only having a countdown clock involved. Hopefully someone can figure it out. Thanks in advance!!
rob204
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by rob204 »

Oh, so it seems it doesn't work with some teases like Ass Fuck Royale (500: Internal Server Error). Maybe the app just doesn't support all features. But I suppose it just cannot parse all scripts. Having created a parser for that "language" myself I can testify it's almost impossible to parse it "right". For example that specific tease has two page66# actions, which one should be used? The original parser would discard the first definition. And what should page70#page(text:page70#page('',pic("*.jpg")) even mean? I doubt that's correct syntax. You shouldn't be able to define actions inside of a page text and the parentheses are mismatching. The original parser would just note that page70#page is an invalid command with two equally (un)named string parameters '' and pic("*.jpg" and discard it. No doubt it has ways to deal with many things. On the other hand the original parser is by no means bug free itself. And there's even a difference between the code the author posted and the code that getscript.php delivers. This leads to scripts with correct looking syntax being parsed wrongly, so authors rightfully resort to using wrong syntax. I think in the end you have to define correct syntax as whatever makes the parser create the wanted result. So to recreate a parser "correctly" you need to recreate the algorithm of the original parser as close as possible.

And in teases like Tattoo Tease with three modes you will always see the same *.jpg. Maybe it's just firefox though, since the server correctly sends status code 302 for those temporary redirects and 301 if it's a permanent redirection. Actually that's a problem not to overcome trivially except by adding random strings to the url. It's sad though there's no way to request a list.
menos3030
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by menos3030 »

Great idea!!
With Flash being deprecated day by day, there will be a time where no flash will be allowed in browsers, and sooner or later Milovana has to be adapted to html5.
Thanks for your time!

PS. Maybe a good idea could be to resize images to the height of the browser.
Another idea could be a TTS reader that could voice out the text (like in crazy-xxx's Trainer https://crazy-xxx.github.io/dtt/dtt.html)
shankinbro
Explorer
Explorer

Post by shankinbro »

Any plans to fix the sound issues?
haffin5
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): looking for one

Post by haffin5 »

I notice there is no sound for the some tease
doe47765
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by doe47765 »

Is it possible that the viewer has stopped updating for the past couple of days? I can't seem to get the last two teases on it.

Thank you.
rabbithole
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by rabbithole »

doe47765 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:46 pm Is it possible that the viewer has stopped updating for the past couple of days? I can't seem to get the last two teases on it.
The html5 player has definitely stopped updating for me as well. There have been no teases added there since Sep 05. I'm surprised more people are not mentioning this. Any ideas about why it has stopped? Or whether it will be resolved?

I typically check the html5 page daily for new teases (since that is where I usually tend to read them anyway), and it wasn't until today that I thought to check the main homepage and found more than a page's worth of new teases waiting. Now I have much catching up to do... :wave:
Four Floors, Four Doors (Normal)
Floor: 1 | Points: 0 | Pool Points: 62 (2600) | Doors Opened: 3 | Gambles: 4
Last Ruin: 11/16 | Last Cum: 11/13 | Edges So Far: 211
Sakuras
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Sakuras »

I am also waiting for an update of the latest teases.

It is such a great idea and I really hope that this will be fixed soon.
LegalizeRanch
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by LegalizeRanch »

Yeah, please fix it!