Install existing webteases as iPhone/iPad/Android apps

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
tommyberlin86
Explorer
Explorer

Install existing webteases as iPhone/iPad/Android apps

Post by tommyberlin86 »

Milovanians!

I went ahead and created an experimental HTML5 player that imports both classic and flashteases from milovana.com:

http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-10772

It works best on recent versions of Google Chrome and Firefox, as well as iPhones and iPads.

*Update 3*

See here how to install teases as an app on your iPhone/iPad/Android.

*Update 2*

There's now a page with links to the ten latest teases available at

http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-index

*Update*

You can easily access other webteases by adding "[pre]-html5.appspot[/pre]" to the address in the browser bar at the right place:

http://www.milovana.com/webteases/showf ... p?id=10779

->
http://www.milovana-html5.appspot.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=10779

For your convenience theres a bookmarklet at http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/welcome (instructions what a bookmarklet is and how to use it are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_CkfI5QgKI) you can use to access the HTML5 version of the tease you are looking at.

Please let me know what you think! I'm also looking for someone with css skills to make it look better.

All the best,
tommyberlin86
Last edited by tommyberlin86 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Check out my HTML5 player for milovana teases (forum thread here) — it's faster, works on iPhones, iPads, Android and in web browsers!
ka42
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Announcement] Experimental HTML5 Player for existing te

Post by ka42 »

great! Nice quality of pics.

the tease himself wasn't special but it was fun!

I like to see more options, just curious about what is possible

good luck
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by jp »

Nicely done, thanks for the contribution.

Two aspects of NYX that I think would be best followed is the text underneath the picture and that the buttons remain in a constant spot off to the side.

As it is now, reading the text above the picture doesn't flow very well. And the buttons jump around the page based on the size of the picture and the amount of text.

Thanks again!
jlx666
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jlx666 »

Job well done!

But there are some issues.

I'd like to suggest you to make a "night" version of it (maybe switchable via JS button somewhere at the top), that has grey font, maybe #dcdcdc (white is too much) on a black background. Pictures would look better.

Another small issue is the need to scroll to see the buttons and timer at the bottom. Maybe placing them in a fixed container would be better. I mean, these things in the flash tease player are the way they are for a good reason. Always visible.

Btw, seeing a page name in the adress bar (/milovana-10772/page17) makes it easier to cheat, I'd suggest to call pages via ajax, so the address doesn't change.

As to someone who knows css, I am sorry that I have almost no free time, otherwise I'd help.

Cheers
tommyberlin86
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tommyberlin86 »

ka42 wrote:great! Nice quality of pics.

the tease himself wasn't special but it was fun!

I like to see more options, just curious about what is possible
You should be able to access all available teases (see instructions above). If something doesn't work, let me know (via PM or this thread).
jp wrote:Two aspects of NYX that I think would be best followed is the text underneath the picture
Fixed.
jp wrote:and that the buttons remain in a constant spot off to the side.

As it is now, reading the text above the picture doesn't flow very well. And the buttons jump around the page based on the size of the picture and the amount of text.
I made this so I could play the teases on my new iPhone, so it's optimized for that. CSS Media Queries for other device options should be possible and easy for someone who knows what to do.

jlx666 wrote:I'd like to suggest you to make a "night" version of it (maybe switchable via JS button somewhere at the top), that has grey font, maybe #dcdcdc (white is too much) on a black background. Pictures would look better.
Fixed. Pics look better.
jlx666 wrote: Another small issue is the need to scroll to see the buttons and timer at the bottom. Maybe placing them in a fixed container would be better. I mean, these things in the flash tease player are the way they are for a good reason. Always visible.
If someone knows CSS very well, that would be the first thing to do.
jlx666 wrote: Btw, seeing a page name in the adress bar (/milovana-10772/page17) makes it easier to cheat, I'd suggest to call pages via ajax, so the address doesn't change.
There are so many ways to cheat in this and you get the most fun out of it if you don't. I don't think this is a problem.

All the best,
tommyberlin86
Check out my HTML5 player for milovana teases (forum thread here) — it's faster, works on iPhones, iPads, Android and in web browsers!
hakeem.wolfie
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hakeem.wolfie »

@tommyberlin86 ... ooh, this looks fantastic!! I'm developing my CSS skills and I'd love to help out. Would you have space for me onboard?
tommyberlin86
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tommyberlin86 »

hakeem.wolfie wrote:@tommyberlin86 ... ooh, this looks fantastic!! I'm developing my CSS skills and I'd love to help out. Would you have space for me onboard?
Sounds great! Sent you a PM with details. Looking forward to it!
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

Will I be able to access and Write a tease?
in this?

Can you add video content?
Something I truely wish Nyx did
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by supermokkori »

Hrmm... tried loading it on google chrome. I've been on the "Loading" page for about 3 minutes now. :-/

To be more specific, I can load the link you provided above fine (http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-10779). If I try it with another Flashtease, I'm stuck on the "Loading" page. (specifically tried http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-10422)
tommyberlin86
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tommyberlin86 »

SexualChoc wrote:Will I be able to access and Write a tease?
in this?

Can you add video content?
Something I truely wish Nyx did
In theory that should be easy to add (perhaps easier than adding that to Nyx), I have no plans though. For now I try to provide "just" another player frontend for the existing teases that works on iPhones etc.
supermokkori wrote:Hrmm... tried loading it on google chrome. I've been on the "Loading" page for about 3 minutes now. :-/

To be more specific, I can load the link you provided above fine (http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-10779). If I try it with another Flashtease, I'm stuck on the "Loading" page. (specifically tried http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-10422)
Just checked, the second one is broken (my FlashTease script parser does not handle that case yet). Will try to fix it, but will probably take some time.

If you see the "Loading ..." page and it doesn't load in (say, 20 seconds max.), try a reload. If that doesn't help it's probably broken and I'd love a report here. I'd also love to hear about pages that load but behave different from what Nyx does.

All the best,
tommyberlin86
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

Nice. I like the idea of the progressbar instead of a clock.

I just made an offline viewer for Windows (together with d3vi0n) and now I'm experimenting with MonoMac. I never thought of making it in HTML5.

I'm interested in how you did the flashtease conversion, can you give me some details via PM or mail? Thanks.
Try GuideMe or TeaseMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos... don't forget to support milovana and rate the online teases!
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by supermokkori »

tommyberlin86 wrote: Just checked, the second one is broken (my FlashTease script parser does not handle that case yet). Will try to fix it, but will probably take some time.

If you see the "Loading ..." page and it doesn't load in (say, 20 seconds max.), try a reload. If that doesn't help it's probably broken and I'd love a report here. I'd also love to hear about pages that load but behave different from what Nyx does.
Cool, pretty neat what you're doing tommy. :thumbsup:

I'm just going through some of my fav flashteases and seeing if they work. If any of them do, will provide some feedback (and any bugs as well).

Keep on, keeping on.

EDIT UPDATE:

Found one - audio doesn't seem to play for this stroke beat-based/metronome Flashtease:
http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-14267
tommyberlin86
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tommyberlin86 »

Takenaga wrote:I just made an offline viewer for Windows (together with d3vi0n) and now I'm experimenting with MonoMac.
I looked at that, like it! I do not have a windows computer to test it, but looks impressive from the screenshots.
Takenaga wrote:I never thought of making it in HTML5.
I think that should be more accessible for anyone with a webbrowser. And seems to work pretty good for the amount of time I spent on it.
Takenaga wrote:I'm interested in how you did the flashtease conversion, can you give me some details via PM or mail? Thanks.
I sent you a PM.
supermokkori wrote:Found one - audio doesn't seem to play for this stroke beat-based/metronome Flashtease:
http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/milovana-14267
Thanks! Keep the reports coming!

I did not implement sound support yet, but it's on my todo list. Probably via the <audio> tag.
ThomasKu
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ThomasKu »

Great stuff!
bookworm
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by bookworm »

tommyberlin86 wrote:Milovanians!I went ahead and created an experimental HTML5 player that imports both classic and flashteases from milovana.com:
I just wanted to thank you so much for this. The best browser for my ancient Macintosh computer does not support Flash so I was unable to enjoy most of the teases posted here. Now that is a thing of the past.