The dummies' guide to webteasing!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re:

Post by rbtheservant »

tdrules wrote:I highly agree with jenna i will end a tease fast w/o a hot girl. I also dislike teases with a bunch of commands on each page 5 or 6 max. I miss the old school where it said something like "don't continue tease unless not cum in 3 days" I've had one recently but they're few and far between. Also like the day by day teases too. I liked the online mistress but some of it was too extreme. Like putting a needle in you nipple come on I don't want any long term problems. I'm sure they are ways to do it w/o hurting permanently but I can almost bank on a lot of people don't know how to.

But I've been working on a tease for about a month because I'm a perfectionist and that I don't have time to.

But personally I agree and quality over quantity. But all the teases are great in there own way even though not everything for me.

Thanks again

Sometimes an unattactive girl is all part of the "punishment" aspect of a tease. Yes, tease and denial can be a form of punishment.

Just my thoughts.
RB the servant
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play"
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: The dummies' guide to webteasing!

Post by rbtheservant »

In keeping with the Guide theme:

K I S S, Keep It Short Stupid, in reference to the TEXT

In otherwords, it detracts from the tease when there are lenghty instructions, the more "to the point" the better.

Details!

Remember, that your audience is not in your head. Do NOT assume the reader understands what you meant.

ANYTHING (legal) GOES

Do not be afraid to experiment, variety is the spice of life! The continuum of fetishes, kinks and perversions is vast, do not limit your possibilities!

YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME

Create teases that you like, I gaurantee that there are at least three other people out there that love your tease. Don't worry about ratings, many Master Artists were NEVER appreciated in their own time.

I guess that is all for now, when more things come to mind I will be back.
RB the servant
texturedshroom
Taste the shroom
Taste the shroom

Post by texturedshroom »

A couple things:

1. Test the tease before you publish it. Follow all of your tease's instructions to the letter to make sure it CAN be done. This is also a good way to identify errors such as the tease telling you to get on your knees when you already are, etc.

2. Pacing is important.. Use slow strokes when appropriate and fast strokes when appropriate. Try not to bombard your audience, but don't bore them either. I don't know about you, but when a tease starts out by asking me to give them "100 worship strokes" I close that tease almost immediately. There may be a good time for "100 worship strokes" but the beginning of the tease is not one of them.

3. Don't be afraid of your tease being too cruel, too weird, or too anything. My lowest rated tease (as of this writing) is Aphrodesia, a tease set in an alternate reality where women rule the world. It's also the tease I got the most glowing positive feedback on. When you take a chance, you might not get the 4+ star rating, but odds are the new direction you took made at least one person's day.

4. There's also no shame in writing a good ol' straightforward tease. Provided you write well, show good pacing, and introduce a fresh take on the typical tease prose, a straightforward tease can often be very refreshing.

5. Write the kind of tease you could see yourself getting off to. This is important because you should be putting out teases you can be proud of. My creative process goes like this: I start wanking, look up pictures, find a picture set I really like, and tell myself I can't get any release without making a tease out of it. Yes, I use denial to write webteases. Then when I go and test my tease before I publish it, I make damn well sure that the tease I wrote gets me going.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

Don't be afraid to steal! If you see an idea in another tease that really gets you hot, use it in your own. Perhaps you like an idea but would like to see it in another context or with a different model. Obviously don't duplicate someones tease exactly, but if you take little bit that you like from one tease and incorporate it into your own work nobody is going to accuse you of copying.

(I only wrote this rule because I'm guilty of it a lot myself!)
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rbtheservant »

cumhardy wrote:Don't be afraid to steal! If you see an idea in another tease that really gets you hot, use it in your own. Perhaps you like an idea but would like to see it in another context or with a different model. Obviously don't duplicate someones tease exactly, but if you take little bit that you like from one tease and incorporate it into your own work nobody is going to accuse you of copying.

(I only wrote this rule because I'm guilty of it a lot myself!)
Agreed, that is how a genre gets started. One person developes an idea and when one or more take off with that idea and run with it, it forms a new genre! I have been around here long enough to see this natural progression happen.
RB the servant
texturedshroom
Taste the shroom
Taste the shroom

Post by texturedshroom »

If you have trouble with spelling and grammar, ask for help. PM someone on Milovana, go in chat, or start a thread asking someone to proofread the copy of your tease. Copy it into Microsoft Word or whatever and send it to them. I'm sure lots of people on Milovana would be happy to help. I'll be the first person to volunteer as a tease proofreader.

And now, I'm going to make a bold statement:

Don't put out a tease unless you would personally rate it a 5. You can spend as long as you want tweaking your tease; don't rush it out saying "oh this is a solid 3." Put in the extra effort and make it the best tease it can be. Obviously everyone else isn't going to rate it a 5, but if you feel you made a 5, then it's something you can be proud of--regardless of what other people rank it.
tigerpup
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by tigerpup »

I noticed some teases have a brief explanation below the title and before the tags. I find this very useful. I meant the tags are great but only convey so much. This brief explanation gives me a feel for a tease. I can't stress how important I think this is. I don't want to have to browse the first few pages of a tease to decide weather or not to do it. So, I would encourage others to write one for their new teases or add one to their old teases.

And, would someone tell me how to add one to mine? When I made my teases visible I typed something in the little box but when I checked it didn't show up. What do I do?

Thanks
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

tigerpup wrote:I noticed some teases have a brief explanation below the title and before the tags. I find this very useful. I meant the tags are great but only convey so much. This brief explanation gives me a feel for a tease. I can't stress how important I think this is. I don't want to have to browse the first few pages of a tease to decide weather or not to do it. So, I would encourage others to write one for their new teases or add one to their old teases.

And, would someone tell me how to add one to mine? When I made my teases visible I typed something in the little box but when I checked it didn't show up. What do I do?

Thanks

Thats the meta box you filled in im not sure what that does. I think it helps with searches and stuff. The teases with short descriptions under their names are the flashteases. it would be cool to see this in the normal teases too.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Maybe interestinge for some webteases:
http://www.metronomeonline.com/
srb
Explorer
Explorer

Advice on making better webteases from a lurker.

Post by srb »

Hello, this is just a thread from a lurker who wants to give some advice on how to make webteases of a higher quality. These are just personal observations, I’m sure you all think I’m wrong.

· Presentation is important. Don’t type as you would on AIM. Spell words out fully, use capitalization, and punctuation. Improve the quality of the language as well, don’t continually repeat the same words over and over again.
· Image quality is important. Realistically most people on the internet have a 1024 by768 or higher resolution. If your image is 300 by 200, then it’s not up to the quality of posting.
· Properly tag your webteases. If your tease is called for example ‘Michelle Wants To Hurt Your Balls’ then the tag ‘CBT’ or Cock and Ball Torture is probably applicable. Not to pick out any one tease but it is a point worthy of merit. There was a tease a while back that had scat and homosexual tones and I was among the group of people who did not appreciate a lack of forewarning.
· Be ambiguous about the chance to orgasm if it is realistically in question. I read so many teases where I can tell from the tone and language whether or not the tease is going to end in a climax or frustration, usually in the first five pages. Oftentimes less.
· Most of the time the longer the tease the better it is, to a point. Don’t make a tease that’s less than fifteen pages long. One way of stretching it out is to remember that foreplay can have a part, as can elongating routines.

Here is some advice of what to NOT do in a webtease

· DO NOT post a tease that’s not a tease. If all you have is a story, then just write a story, or an illustrated story. A webtease isn’t just a story, it’s more of a interactive story. So if all you are going to do is just talk while the audience reads and never invite them to stroke, edge, touch themselves, whatever, then it’s a story. And take it from someone who writes stories, there’s nothing wrong with that. But don’t post it as a tease.
· DO NOT speak plainly. Don’t say ‘Ok I’m your mistress now stroke 200 times slow’ Build a story, create a fantasy, a vision, a scene that plays in the mind of the audience.
· DO NOT just tell someone to edge. I cannot stress this enough. If you tell me to edge three times I’m just going to click continue without a single edge. I mean honestly, if you won’t put the effort to really do the work to build up the tease, don’t just tell someone to edge constantly or else it doesn’t really matter. I can edge countless times without needing to have you tell me.
· DO NOT have a list of toys in the double digits. Honestly, I know and understand that there’s a segment of the audience that might have every toy in the world. And it would be one thing if it was just, say, ice, clothespins, dildo/vibe, and string. But seriously, the more expensive and more difficult the toy is to own, the less likely it is to be owned.

My personal feelings on one thing that should go.

Ok this is just a rant on the whole lifestyle in general. See, dominance and submission is what it is, and that’s fine. We all have our different kinks that get us going and as long as everyone wants it, then it’s all good for me.

But I see so many stories involving a guy who is being ‘locked up in chastity forever’. Ok, look, YOU CAN’T BE LOCKED UP IN CHASTITY FOREVER. Any tease with a keyholder bragging about how it would be impossible is just silly and annoying to the point I no longer want to read. Honestly, you can break open any chastity device. It’s probably going to mean a knife a lot closer to your private area than you’re going to be comfortable with, and also means you’re going to be out almost a couple hundred bucks but it’s doable. Any male who is dominant that gets locked into a chastity device is going to either become angry to the point of breaking the relationship with the key holder and/or just break the device.

Also…metronomes. Seriously, can we give this a rest? It was an interesting idea but it’s far too played out.

As for something I’d like to see, I’d like to see more of an emphasis on tease than denial. Long term chastity or denial is just something that doesn’t interest me. I prefer having long teases where you can cum in the end but it takes time just to get it done. Am I in the minority there?

Anyway just some posts and observations. Back to lurk mode.
Last edited by srb on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
zooft
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Advice on making better webteases from a lurker.

Post by zooft »

I have the oposite idea of metronomes, I think they are essential, but then again I don't really get the whole lot of other teases where you have to do all kinds of shit, and there is a huge story and nipple clamps, dildos and whatnot.

I'm doing 3 stages of a metronome tease. It has different levels of story in it, and different levels of psyche, but it is not a self-BDSM tease of any sort.

Other than that, good tips the rest you put up.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

hey,

Good advice there. I agree with most of it (i was guilty of not tagging teases properly in the past, sorry about that...)
Some stuff I dont agree with though:

I like story teases, theres no real rules to how a webtease has to be so if its just descriptive writing with no instructions thats fine by me.
Plus metronomes are cool, but there could be another alternative (maybe a wanking-meter add-on to nyx?) to show you how fast to masturbate. Maybe they are overused but there isnt much of a different option available.

I guess everyone likes different things in teases.

P.S. Why didnt you post this in 'Dummies Guide To Webteases' Thread (about 3 posts up from this one)?
str0be
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by str0be »

srb wrote:But I see so many stories involving a guy who is being ‘locked up in chastity forever’. Ok, look, YOU CAN’T BE LOCKED UP IN CHASTITY FOREVER. Any tease with a keyholder bragging about how it would be impossible is just silly and annoying to the point I no longer want to read. Honestly, you can break open any chastity device. It’s probably going to mean a knife a lot closer to your private area than you’re going to be comfortable with, and also means you’re going to be out almost a couple hundred bucks but it’s doable. Any male who is dominant that gets locked into a chastity device is going to either become angry to the point of breaking the relationship with the key holder and/or just break the device.
I think the idea of doing the whole locked in chastity forever thing is to heighten the feeling of helplessness and make the sub dependant on his mistress/keyholder. It's just fantasy and although I think it works better as a threat, (ie. If you don't obey me I'm tossing your key in a lake) than as a new lifestlye, that's entirely a matter of preference.

Remember it is fantasy, since if you wore a chastity device for say, a month without removing it, things would start to get stinky downstairs. You also might run into some kind of health issue from not properly cleaning your nauthy bits. I don't know if there if there are devices that would allow you to still easily clean yourself or not, but if you're in a device where you can't, you might want to have a conversation with your mistress.

As for the dominant guy getting locked up, yes it would be relatively easy to get out. But before you go sticking a knife in you device, remember that it's held on by a lock and key mechanism of some kind. Worst case secenario, go to a locksmith (or the hospital in an emergency). If might cost you a few bucks and be embarrassing, but you'd probably be free in about an hour.

str0be
all2true
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Post by all2true »

Well thank you for posting your imput

looks like you had a lot of ideas that you needed to say.

Welcome to Milovana.

The forum Cumhardy talked about is
Dummies Guide to webtease writting:
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44

I have posted 3 'story' tease that are not teases, and I think almost every tease I have written talks about edging somewhere in the tease.
Therefore I respectfully disagree with several points.

However, please do not stay in 'lurker mode'
I enjoy any feedback, even if I don't like it!
Please post again. :wave:

Also, I hope that you would be willing to write a tease to add your creativeness to Milovana.
MartinC
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MartinC »

This is an interesting topic. While I agree with many of the "style" issues raised by the original poster, I have very different views on some of the content issues. One in particular: I really enjoy the "denial" side as much as the tease, and I really get a kick out of the chastity device side of things. I am sure the original poster is correct in that anyone capable of getting 20 marks out of 100 in Shop could find a way to hack themselves out of any chastity device known to man, but that's not really the point, is it? Do the story and pictures turn you on? THAT'S the point! And while I appreciate that my interest in chastity devices is NOT reflected in a majority of readers on this site (scores for chastity device stories are usually a few tenths lower than equally well-written non-chastity-device stories, from my own admittedly unscientific analysis) but that's the beauty of diversity!

So in general, all writers, DO please be careful about grammar and spelling, even though they aren't "fun", because I think most of us would agree that if reading your tease is hard to manage, your readers may not manage to "hard".

But as to content, please be varied and different. Do one with harsh chastity, and the next a light tease. Vary everything!

A few other quick discussion points:
1) I am not really in agreement with the whole concept of tags. It gives things away.
2) Same with title ... if you call it "Shemale Surprise" ... it won't be.
3) I really dislike those flash teases with x-second waits in them. I much prefer the older non-flash ones.
4) Try to write about the pictures. It is much more interesting than just generic "girl strips" pictures where the text could easily be ported over to another set of pictures.

And a last point: I want to thank ALL the writers on this site because they do a GREAT job.

Martin C