The dummies' guide to webteasing!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

The dummies' guide to webteasing!

Post by seraph0x »

Hey everybody! :-)

I want to write an "official" guide to webteasing and what makes a good tease. So this it is not about the technical side of how to post a tease, but about how to tell the story and how to choose the best pictures.

You can create a new EOS webtease by following this link. https://milovana.com/eos/editor/teases

Here are some of the things I'm going to cover:

- Common pitfalls that can throw the viewer out of the story.
- How to write concise instructions although you don't know much about the situation of the viewer. (For all we know he might be on an expedition somewhere in the Brazilian jungle.)
- If you use fetishes: How to weave them into the story and use them to your advantage.
- Different types of (web)teases and advantages and disadvantages. (Regular, audio, video, flash or software like PCM)
- Where to find good images and whether to build the story around the images or the other way around.

Now, if you have other topics we could cover in the guide, if you want to contribute a few paragraphs to the guide or if you just want to give tips/ideas, please post here in this thread. Let's show the world that webteasing is here to stay. ;-)

Please note that everything you contribute to this guide will become copyright Milovana.com. Also, please tell me if you do not wish to be credited.

Much love,

seraph0x :wave:
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by avatarbr »

first of all, this guide is a great idea.

Well, I like the idea of "build the story around the images or the other way around. "

Sites where I search pics:

http://www.fresonmagic.com/
http://badgirlsblog.com/
http://www.hottystop.com/galleries.php

I don´t like much teases with longs texts or instructions. This steal the focus of tease to me. Anyway, if this is essential, is a good idea use a "breake" scene to this.

PS: Sorry about my bad english. We need more people speaking portuguese here :lol:
slavedave51
Explorer
Explorer

Re: The dummies' guide to webteasing!

Post by slavedave51 »

seraph0x wrote: - How to write concise instructions although you don't know much about the situation of the viewer. (For all we know he might be on an expedition somewhere in the Brazilian jungle.)
Grab some wet banana leaves and squirt them with the bee juice; then rub them on your cock! Don't cum!

:lol: Dave
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

:lol:
avatarbr wrote:Well, I like the idea of "build the story around the images or the other way around. "
Actually that was a question not a statement. Which method do you prefer? Is any one better than the other? What are are pros and cons for these two strategies?

Keep your ideas flowing, guys. Every little bit helps! :-)
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

I think the first rule should be:

Do your thing! Variety can only uprise, if every author finds his own style and brings his own ideas in his tease. To learn from other authors is good, but to copy the whole style makes your own tease boring. It will never exist the perfect tease, because the preferences of every viewer are different. Be creative there are no limits...
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dark wrote:I think the first rule should be:

Do your thing! Variety can only uprise, if every author finds his own style and brings his own ideas in his tease. To learn from other authors is good, but to copy the whole style makes your own tease boring. It will never exist the perfect tease, because the preferences of every viewer are different. Be creative there are no limits...
Sure, it's an artform. And I will honor that fact in the guide. But there are still things to be said to help the prospective authors in my opinion.

The style will be very neutral. I will only state the facts like previous polls on od.com or opinions expressed in our forums or others as well as some other quotes on erotic storytelling technique in general.

So come on everybody, you have an opinion, too, don't you? :-)

Oh and thanks for the input so far! I very much appreciate it. :smile:
doink
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

method-style of tease

Post by doink »

I like to be CONFRONTED at the get-go. I get off on some humiliation, but not merely name-calling. Open-ended, probing questions in the text are exciting. EXAMPLE: (this is lame, but in the right direction:)

"Wank for me, jerkie-boy. Wank some more. I know you better than you know yourself. Would you rather cum or continue to adore me? I thought so..."

It's a turn-on to be faced with a dilemma, you know?
-----Doink
doink
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

something TACTICAL as opposed to strategic

Post by doink »

I don't mind a picture that's a bit smaller than the ones usually shown. Why? Because I like to click "continue" and NOT have to scroll down to catch the full shot. The need for SCROLLING to see ALL there is to see of the teaser is to be avoided, in my opinion. Thanks. ---Doink.
waffles54
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): nope, my ex wife was into cuckolding me and swinging while i watched and sometimes while i waited at home,both of which i loved. and i had one from alt.com domme for awhile who used me for her pleasure on line and in person. great fun.

response to survey

Post by waffles54 »

like most others, i don't want to waste time nor take my hands away from where they ought to be, so scrolling to read and clicking to continue are not my favorite past times. I would rather have pages turn on their own, with a countdown timer of some sort if possible to let you know how much time youhave left on that page, or a page on which you can simply hit "enter" to get to the next page.

if i make it to the end, and am then allowed to come, there ought to be a punishment of some sort if i still choose to do so, one that means something. must leave that up to the author, but it would make the payoff much more meaningful. i feel like i've "gotten away with something" if i am allowed to come with no prospect of paying some sort of price. make me eat it, or put it on some food, or do it in my pants and wear the pants all day. something like that.

it's rare that a tease actualy let's you go, which I LOVE once in awhile, the others that don't are so predictable as to be boring.
vor
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Cock cages in teases

Post by vor »

I've seen a number of teases where the teaser mocks the teasee about the cage he's supposedly been wearing for some amount of time, or tells him to put one on early in the tease. She then commences to tell him to stroke himself x number of times etc. Obviously, he cannot obey, because he has some sort of chastity device on! This is a story line that disentegrates instantly, and should be avoided. Developing a tease for someone who actually is wearing a cage or device could be interesting, and the helpless victim could be tormented visually, but once the device is on he can't stroke or edge so that direction should be avoided when creating a tease.

vor
msnrlestat
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

guide to webteasing

Post by msnrlestat »

My suggestion would be to consider using gif files that have some movement to them and operate in a continuous or "loop" fashion. As an example, a Mistress wetting her lips over and over, opening her black leather top and then closing it again, etc......

I might also suggest someone writing webteases that a couple can act out as the watch, read and enjoy...as an example, a Mistress instructing her female slave on how to tease her male slave.....the male slave would have no choice but to follow her instructions if there was someone present watching, participating or doing "things"......

I hope those are helpful...

Lestat
Helequin
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Helequin »

Ok maybe I've been concentrating on course work too much, but the English used in a tease is important. I realize that this is an international community and not all the authors are English speaking by birth. All I am suggesting is that authors use necessary punctuation, grammar, etcetera and to choose the words they use carefully.

The connotations of each word and the structure of the sentence is important to the tone of the tease. For a simple example:

"Come on, stroke your dick for me 100 times," verses "You will stroke your cock 100 times."

The first is a longing suggestion, the second a demand. Which one to choose depends on the tease. And yes, it does actually make a huge difference when read in context.

To any authors who aren't at their best in English, no one is going to complain if you mess up a comma and a semi-colon or misspell a word or two. Just do the best you can and if you really aren't sure ask! I'm sure someone on this forum will be willing to edit parts of text to improve the overall tease. Good Luck!
Jenna
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Jenna »

I’d like to take a stab at a few tips for writing webteases;

Use pictures of attractive women. Sounds obvious and there is plenty of room for personal taste but it's important. There are other important elements to teases but it’s still basically a guy masturbating to pictures.

Use a word processor to build your tease. I use Microsoft Works but any program like it should work. You can insert your pictures in it while you create text. It’s a lot easier to edit. You have built in spell check. You can get a better feel of the flow of the tease and you can move things around with cut and paste. It takes another step to move it to the editor but its worth it.

Order the pictures to fit your story. It’s a little more to keep track of but use the facial expressions and poses in a series of pictures to fit the text. You can choose to not use the pictures you don’t like in a series as well. Be careful when changing the order she doesn’t lose then put back on her panties or something else that doesn’t make sense.

Be aware of the length and tempo of a tease. Generally the longer the better. It’s not just a matter of pages either. I’ve had someone tell me a 29 page tease was too short. You need to do things to keep them from flipping from page to page quickly. Teases heavy on instructions will slow things down. Stating time amounts would work, but even more subtle statements and descriptions can let a person know they should stay on the page a while longer.

Wait a day after you finish it to make it visible. You completed your masterpiece and you are ready to show the world. Wait a day so you can look at it with a fresh perspective. You’ll notice grammar problems and things like the mood or the voice of the tease changing sporadically.

Label the tease for content. The more kinky the tease the more important it is to let people know what's in it. It might be exciting for some that the girl turns out to be shemale, or the shock and humiliation of a cuckold story might be arousing for some, but for others it’s gross and a horrible experience to get thrown into while masturbating to a story that started out more vanilla. Use tags, the title of the story, or the first page to make sure everyone knows what they are getting into.
tdrules
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tdrules »

I highly agree with jenna i will end a tease fast w/o a hot girl. I also dislike teases with a bunch of commands on each page 5 or 6 max. I miss the old school where it said something like "don't continue tease unless not cum in 3 days" I've had one recently but they're few and far between. Also like the day by day teases too. I liked the online mistress but some of it was too extreme. Like putting a needle in you nipple come on I don't want any long term problems. I'm sure they are ways to do it w/o hurting permanently but I can almost bank on a lot of people don't know how to.

But I've been working on a tease for about a month because I'm a perfectionist and that I don't have time to.

But personally I agree and quality over quantity. But all the teases are great in there own way even though not everything for me.

Thanks again
alpahde5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by alpahde5 »

hmm i miss teases like that to, although im busy at the moment i will make one soon
webtease requests? msg me here first then add me to msn, [email protected] (e-mail doesn't work so don't e-mail that address)

what is written below is true
--------------------------------
what is written above is a lie