The dummies' guide to webteasing!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: The dummies' guide to webteasing!

Post by Nezhul »

armature programmers
Couldn't help myself quoting it. Sounds great, by the way.
- Metronomes
Nothing annoys me more than tick tick tick tick tick. Maybe find music with the tempo you are looking for? And please do not make an entire tease of nothing but metronomes.
Music will not do, because when you are playing a tease, the sound is downloaded the moment you stumble on a page with it. Even longer metronome files sometimes take time to load because of the filesize. For music - the page will probably be halfway through by the time the music is downloaded. Also, keep in mind that bandwidth is payed for by the team, so uploading millions of unnecessary Full-HD pictures, or, as you suggest, music files - just a waste of space.
Metronome is loved by lots of people. There are a number of threads that ask for all teases to add metronome, completely opposite to your plea. It's a matter of preference.

As for other points - some I can agree with, others I don't care about. All is good in the right measure.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
eMKa888
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eMKa888 »

Hey everyone.

I just created my first tease and i am quite proud of it as well.
It's about 130 pages and has some very different paths (its a flashtease)

Since it has been my first tease, i know that a lot of people will have the same problems as i had when creating their first tease.

Find below some pointers that you really need to check when creating a "FLASHTEASE"

- always use the # at the end of each page
- Be sure you save enough
- be sure you dont use Internet explorer but use something like firefox (because internet explorer is way to slow)
- When you save or delete your teases in Nyx, then it might be that you have to wait an hour or a bit more before you see the changes.
- If there are bugs in your flashtease, then you can easily fix the bug in the Nyx program and save it again (this will automatically change on the website as well)

I am sure lots of newbies will have the same problems as i had.

So i hope this information will be helpful :-)
Always love to chat with like minded people - feel free to drop me an email
BEAGOODBOY!
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Domme (Female)
Dom/me(s): I am Scarlett Snowbunni, a Mistress and Domme!
Sub/Slave(s): My slave is the Author of this tease. We are working together to convert and recruit more desperate white losers into actively supporting the BNWO

Post by BEAGOODBOY! »

Someone plllzzzzz write a new feminization, cross-dressing, exhibition, cum-eating, anal, picture game challenge with realistic expectations. Make sure you add plugs, clamps, edging, dildo's etc...Stuff has been rather bland lately. I'd be writing myself but my keyboard is broken and typing for me is excruciatingly tedious with an onscreen keyboard...Also, I am interested in finding collaborators, for a sequel to "Dare Games, fetish school." Im think the title "Dare Games, extra credit." If you want your own fetish dare incorporated, then please, I encourage you to PM me a fetish/dare in a format similar to those in Dare Games 1. In a way, that it may be easily edited and formatted together, to be published in a way that it could stand on its own, if need be...Just write a challenge/dare tailored to your personal fetish. If you like panties, write a dare involving panties. You like anal, write about that. Nipple play, cum eating, exhibition, blackmail, verbal self humiliation, bondage, any and all fetishes and challenges are welcome. Keep each page within like 200 words or so...multiple submissions welcome ...I want this tease to be 4.5+. Something everyone can have fun with, and is tailored too many different people's likes, turn-ons and fetishes. So try hard!!!
...PLEASE!!! Thiss can be SOOO AWESOME! Looking forward to submissions...
TwistedKinkster
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by TwistedKinkster »

I just joined because I want to create some awesome interactive teases. I jumped straight to flash teases and now I am having to teach myself all sorts of advanced stuff to create what I want. My interests seem to differ from the majority (don't care much about the pictures, much more into the ideas, don't really have a fetish for tease and denial but love being told what to do) but I'm sure some people will love what I have to offer. My focus is on making some really solid teases with lots of interaction and choices that affect the outcome. If I spend enough time on each of them I will have things like a series of questions at the beginning that will affect exactly what fetishes and activities are covered in the tease. This way the same tease can cater to a complete newb or an experienced kinkster with an open mind.

Why am I posting here? Because I'm looking for more ideas. I want to make my teases cater to me as well as lots of other people so I will add elements even if I am not a fan of them. So anyone that's interested, throw me some ideas!
anonx
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Slave

Post by anonx »

Maybe im' dumb but how can i make metronomes /userdefined sounds. Or is there a way to access a webtease's source so i can learn myself?
pawglover
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pawglover »

TwistedKinkster wrote:I just joined because I want to create some awesome interactive teases. I jumped straight to flash teases and now I am having to teach myself all sorts of advanced stuff to create what I want. My interests seem to differ from the majority (don't care much about the pictures, much more into the ideas, don't really have a fetish for tease and denial but love being told what to do) but I'm sure some people will love what I have to offer. My focus is on making some really solid teases with lots of interaction and choices that affect the outcome. If I spend enough time on each of them I will have things like a series of questions at the beginning that will affect exactly what fetishes and activities are covered in the tease. This way the same tease can cater to a complete newb or an experienced kinkster with an open mind.

Why am I posting here? Because I'm looking for more ideas. I want to make my teases cater to me as well as lots of other people so I will add elements even if I am not a fan of them. So anyone that's interested, throw me some ideas!
Looking for some ideas? I'd love to pitch one to you.

My idea was to have a tease where the girl is originally nice to you and gets you to slowly admit that you would eat your cum for her... eventually she starts to humiliate you and attempts to convince you to flip your legs over your head and cum in your own face

Just a thought :P :innocent:
addNtoX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by addNtoX »

Something seems weird..
i cant add pictures to a webtease..the add button seems to be gone..
i dont know..someone else having this problem besides me?

alright..false alarm..:p
i restarted my browser and firefox did some sort of update..nevermind..
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

anonx wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:33 pm Maybe im' dumb but how can i make metronomes /userdefined sounds. Or is there a way to access a webtease's source so i can learn myself?
Tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4355

Source: https://milovana.com/webteases/getscript.php?id=35490
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

favouriteworstnightmare
Explorer
Explorer

Post by favouriteworstnightmare »

I'm having problems uploading images at the moment. Is anyone else having a similar issue?
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

@fav - Nope I was fine last night. Certain image resolutions have issues uploading though which may be your issue?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19536

Now I assume not, but I was wondering if you can store a variable in nyx? I assume not, but if I could store if a user has done something then recall that rather than going roundabout ways that would be great. Even if it's just over one session.
bennygrimm
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bennygrimm »

favouriteworstnightmare wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:17 am I'm having problems uploading images at the moment. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Having a similar issue. I think it has something to do with Flash/HTML5, but I have no idea how to fix it with any sort of definite resolve.

Help!
I'm moving some of my most popular stories to Amazon.

You can find out about the new stories that I'm publishing alongside stories from my friends at Hyperkube Publishing Co. –– Subscribe to our email list for exclusive deals and updates!

Unnamed_007
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Unnamed_007 »

I can't add media to a new Nyx tease. Any picture I try, in different browsers, I get this IO error.

Code: Select all

[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]
I tried creating a new blank tease, to see if it was the tease causing the issue. It didn't work, same rror.

I checked the size of the pictures, they're decently small at ~200kb and I tried uploading one at a time or many at a time.

Not sure what to do now. :-/
qwksilver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by qwksilver »

can anyone tell me where the best place for improvement to flash tease functionality can be suggested.
i'd love to see a full screen mode where the text works more like sub titles and the timer either vanishes entirely, or is much smaller in the upper left corner as an overlay. The way it runs now even on a 46" tv the amount of lost screen "real estate" is staggering, and at 15' away the text is just unreadable.
stolenprofile
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by stolenprofile »

Need help with eos

I’m writing a snake and ladder webtease. I need to put a variable in the “go to” command.
When I click on “go to”, the editor asks for the page name. There is also the eval button, but I’ve no idea how to use it (already checked the guide).
I would like to set a counter at the beginning and use the counter as a variable for pages name.

Is this possible?

Edit:

Ok I did it. I just need to know how to interpolate strings.

This is what I’m trying to do.
pages.goto("page%s", String(pagecount))

The pages are named as following: page1, page2, page3, etc.
How can I interpolate the string “page” with the variable pagecount?
Drool
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Drool »

stolenprofile wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:03 pm
Hi. Try:

Code: Select all

pages.goto("page"+pagecount)
Here's a useful site for Java Script: https://www.w3schools.com/js/