Nyx(Flash Tease Editor) Tips and Tricks

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Nyx(Flash Tease Editor) Tips and Tricks

Post by Nezhul »

Am I dumb or anything, but the line
hidden:sound(id:'20-bpm.mp3',loops:10)
does not work. I mean it plays the file ONCE. And that's it :look:
ofc i could just do a minute-long file, but that's not elegant and my programmer mind is against it x)

Also I can't delete files from the media tab. I tryed selecting it and pressing "delete", Pressing "delete" and clicking on a file... I even performed spiritual ritual near the campfire, but unneded files presist (I uploaded the wrong file by mistake). Again, I could just forget and let it be, but I'm not used to trash memory like this =\

STICKY! Sticky for god sake! VERY helpful, but it went pretty fur down so new people won't read it! :weep:
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

Yeah Ive had problems deleting media before. Not sure if there is a way round it.

Also cant get the loop command to work. Perhaps you could create 10 individual pages with the same image/text and sound on there. Bit of a pain in the arse tho.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

That's even worse than just making a long sound... Anyway, I'll just make my sounds a minute long and use them. That was intended anyway - that no page would hold for more than a minute ;-)
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by green »

yeah. The sound functions are not all completely working.

Workarounds are required. Sorry for the late reply..

I'd personally wait for serpahox to finish the new tease-system, before trying to utilize features for nyx that are not even available :).

~green~
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

He's a busy man. It will be finished, but the date is between a month from now, and years. :-|
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Nezhul wrote:but the date is between a month from now, and years. :-|
I'm still very much hoping for the former. :-P
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

It's not offence to you, if you may take it that way. I said so just because I know how projects based on pure enthusiasm may be deleted by work, girlfriend, friends - almost anything. And that's perfectly ok, and thx for doing so much for us. :wave:
ponderhk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ponderhk »

The only work-around I see for deleting media it to create two teases - one as your "draft" tease, get it all working with all the media (including stuff you don't want), then when it's done copy the script into a new tease, upload only the media you need for the finished tease, and delete the old draft tease.
ponderhk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ponderhk »

And here's a hint I've found lately regarding SET and UNSET in relation to range and repeats:

Pages that you set and unset are not boolean - like on/off. They all keep counts. So if you have a page where you unset another page and that initial page is called more than once (say 5 times), then the page you are unsetting will not be set by a single set command - you need to set it the same number of times you unset it for it to be trully set.

You need to keep count of how many times you set and unset pages if you want to properly set or unset a page.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Pages that you set and unset are not boolean - like on/off. They all keep counts. So if you have a page where you unset another page and that initial page is called more than once (say 5 times), then the page you are unsetting will not be set by a single set command - you need to set it the same number of times you unset it for it to be trully set.
I don't know how you did that, but believe me, nothing like that happens in my scripts. :-|
ponderhk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ponderhk »

Nezhul - I'll post a short example script.

And a really basic question for you - if I want to add comments in my script - is it just by putting "//" on a line? If so, are there any rules?

Any time I try to use "//" to comment, the script stops on the page I have added the comment.
ponderhk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ponderhk »

See example below.
If you run this script and just click continue each time, it follows the repeatadd correctly.
If you attempt to interupt the repeatadd by setting page 2, you need to continue setting page two until the repeatadd initial count has run out.

Code: Select all

start#page('Test set and unset count.  Initially unset page 2 five times.  Count times Page two appears unset.',action:mult(must(3#,2#),must(15#,2#),mustnot(10#,2#),mustnot(11#,2#),mustnot(12#,2#),mustnot(13#,2#),mustnot(14#,2#),must(11#,10#),must(12#,11#),must(13#,12#),must(14#,13#),pic("*.jpg"),repeatadd(5,2#),go(2#))); 2#page('Page 2.  If this page is showing then page 2 is not set',pic("*.jpg"),action:mult(unset(5#),go(range(10,15,'page')))); 3#page('Page 3.  If this page is showing then page 2 is SET.',pic("*.jpg"),go(15#)); 4#page('',pic("*.jpg"),action:goto(range(2,3,'page'))); 5#page('Page 5.  Setting page 2.',pic("*.jpg"),action:mult(set(2#),goto(range(2,3,'page')))); 10#page('Page 10.  Count 1.  Select CONTINUE to continue counting, SET to set page 2.',pic("*.jpg"),buttons(4#,"Continue",5#,"Set 2")); 11#page('Page 11.  Count 2.  Select CONTINUE to continue counting, SET to set page 2.',pic("*.jpg"),buttons(4#,"Continue",5#,"Set 2")); 12#page('Page 12.  Count 3.  Select CONTINUE to continue counting, SET to set page 2.',pic("*.jpg"),buttons(4#,"Continue",5#,"Set 2")); 13#page('Page 13.  Count 4.  Select CONTINUE to continue counting, SET to set page 2.',pic("*.jpg"),buttons(4#,"Continue",5#,"Set 2")); 14#page('Page 14.  Count 5.  Select CONTINUE to continue counting, SET to set page 2.',pic("*.jpg"),buttons(4#,"Continue",5#,"Set 2")); 15#page('Page 15.  Page 2 must be set for this page to appear.',pic("*.jpg"),go(start#)); 
ponderhk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ponderhk »

Nezhul wrote:Am I dumb or anything, but the line
hidden:sound(id:'20-bpm.mp3',loops:10)
does not work. I mean it plays the file ONCE. And that's it :look:
ofc i could just do a minute-long file, but that's not elegant and my programmer mind is against it x)
What about using a repeatadd for this? Like:

Code: Select all

4#page('',repeatadd(10,5#),must(6#,5#),goto(5#)); 5#page('',pic("*.jpg"),hidden:sound(id:'20-bpm.mp3'),goto(range(5,6,'page')); 6#...... 
.... or will the sound appear choppy because of load buffering issues?
ponderhk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ponderhk »

Does anyone know how to add comments into nyx script?

I have tried "//" but that doesn't seem to work for me - is there some format or rules where a comment may be added in a script?

Thanks.
eloisasissy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eloisasissy »

Only works with youtube videos?

if i want to put videos from other source like www.empflix.com.