Nyx(Flash Tease Editor) Tips and Tricks

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Nyx(Flash Tease Editor) Tips and Tricks

Post by MisterFlames »

jake_slave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:21 am Basically, how do I add sound?
How I do it:
1. Complete the tease without sound.
2. Add ,hidden:sound(id:'SOUNDFILE.mp3') as last argument to the respective pages.
3. Save
4. Never open those pages with Nyx Visual Editor, because Nyx likes to delete the added code when doing so.
jake_slave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:21 am Also, can a webtease be complete, but not published? Can I create a flashtease for my personal use only? Or do I need to make it public to be able to view it?
You can use the (terrible) preview feature.
Otherwise, you have to at least publish the tease for a short amount of time to test it in practice:
1. Publish the tease.
2. Open the tease and wait till it's loaded.
3. Unpublish tease

If you want to create teases for personal use, better use an offline editor.
jake_slave
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by jake_slave »

MisterFlames wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:37 am How I do it:
1. Complete the tease without sound.
2. Add ,hidden:sound(id:'SOUNDFILE.mp3') as last argument to the respective pages.
3. Save
4. Never open those pages with Nyx Visual Editor, because Nyx likes to delete the added code when doing so.
Well, thanks for that little tip! I'm going to try it out soon!
MisterFlames wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:37 am Also, can a webtease be complete, but not published? Can I create a flashtease for my personal use only? Or do I need to make it public to be able to view it?
You can use the (terrible) preview feature.
Otherwise, you have to at least publish the tease for a short amount of time to test it in practice:
1. Publish the tease.
2. Open the tease and wait till it's loaded.
3. Unpublish tease

If you want to create teases for personal use, better use an offline editor.
So once I unpublish the tease, other's can't see it, but since it is on the site, I dont need to use the 'preview' feature on nyx, right?
also, what offline editors do you use? which one's would you suggest?

Also, thank you for the reply! :)
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by MisterFlames »

jake_slave wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:31 pm So once I unpublish the tease, other's can't see it, but since it is on the site, I dont need to use the 'preview' feature on nyx, right?
also, what offline editors do you use? which one's would you suggest?

Also, thank you for the reply! :)
Publishing the tease makes it possible to load the data. You can still play as long as you don't reload the page, even if the tease is unpublished. But you have to publish it again every time you want to load it up.

I'm not very experienced with offline teases, but GuideMe should be the most prominent one and has more features than Nyx.

Alternatively, you can use the new Eos Editor which has a good preview function.