Before Eternity - Feedback Thread

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Re: Before Eternity - Feedback Thread

Post by Shattered »

xman911 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:24 am Hi. This tease is really good... but about 40 minutes into the tease it just stopped working. I don't know what exactly happened but it just froze. I think there is some bug in the tease.

It was showing this image when froze:
Spoiler: show

Also I think the internal link to the image was this:
blob:null/06864035-4c0f-459c-9960-c7ed079b614f
Hi, any more info? Brought up all the pages with that link and don't see any issues...
to get back to where you were click password->pageno->zzdamn33 (I think)
dousque
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dousque »

After my first playthrough: great, thanks! I appreciate what you do very much.
Lirven
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Lirven »

I did the survey before playing it again. Let's just say that I got to the point where I had the password.
The Damnation part was fun, the Paradise one, I don't know, I didn't like it that much. The character/story felt a little bit inconsistent.
I'll try to be honest and objective, going through everything again, with it being almost exactly the same except for a few sentences and the outcome of different choices felt a little bit boring to the point that I just skipped cumming at the end.

Anyway the effort is surely there and the tease is good enough.
Let's just say I would have preferred more variance. Hope you don't mind my critics.

Thank you!
Developer of
Support the game on Patreon and get Early Access to the latest version of The Lust Society.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

dousque wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:23 pm After my first playthrough: great, thanks! I appreciate what you do very much.
Thanks, I try :)
Lirven wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:25 pm
I did the survey before playing it again. Let's just say that I got to the point where I had the password.
The Damnation part was fun, the Paradise one, I don't know, I didn't like it that much. The character/story felt a little bit inconsistent.
I'll try to be honest and objective, going through everything again, with it being almost exactly the same except for a few sentences and the outcome of different choices felt a little bit boring to the point that I just skipped cumming at the end.

Let's just say I would have preferred more variance. Hope you don't mind my critics.

Thank you!
Thats fair ^^ I like that people prefer different teases. Paradise is currently ahead in all metric on my polling actually! :lol: What do you mean by inconsistent though I'm curious about, because there were definitely some intentional inconsistencies on that side :)
In terms of the 'post game' as such, thats fair. If I'm entirely honest it probably isn't my cup of tea to play either! I just know some people will replay my tease anyway, so its a just a nice little extra for those who are going to do so anyway and it's easier to implement now...in theory. But if that ain't for you yeah feel free to skip it :D

----

A comment stuck in my head from one of the other feedback threads as I was making this about how its kinda sad I make content people can skip....

But I do absolutely love how a lot of people who play this literally won't have seen the half of it. Like in my feedback poll quite a few comments of people saying they wish there were things in it that the other half has ^^ Most say they'll play again, so hopefully when they do they get pleasantly surprised...
Lirven
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lirven »

Shattered wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:07 pm
dousque wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:23 pm After my first playthrough: great, thanks! I appreciate what you do very much.

Thank you!
Thats fair ^^ I like that people prefer different teases. Paradise is currently ahead in all metric on my polling actually! :lol: What do you mean by inconsistent though I'm curious about, because there were definitely some intentional inconsistencies on that side :)
In terms of the 'post game' as such, thats fair. If I'm entirely honest it probably isn't my cup of tea to play either! I just know some people will replay my tease anyway, so its a just a nice little extra for those who are going to do so anyway and it's easier to implement now...in theory. But if that ain't for you yeah feel free to skip it :D

----

A comment stuck in my head from one of the other feedback threads as I was making this about how its kinda sad I make content people can skip....

But I do absolutely love how a lot of people who play this literally won't have seen the half of it. Like in my feedback poll quite a few comments of people saying they wish there were things in it that the other half has ^^ Most say they'll play again, so hopefully when they do they get pleasantly surprised...
Well, I've always been a "completioner" type of gamer that has to do everything as soon as possible, so yea hard for me to skip something if, overall, I like the game I'm playing and in this case, just to be clearer, I liked it and was overall positive! :)
As far as the inconsistency in the XO character. It was more of a feeling really, at the beginning she tells you that death is the best thing that could happen, she seems to promote it quite easily and to be showing lots of respect for the player.
From time to time she also seems to be getting horny and out of control, and that is not what I found inconsistent. Actually it was perfectly fitting.
In two or three instances though, and honestly I cannot pinpoint them without replaying it a third time, she slightly goes into the humiliating area, which I found a bit weird and out of place. Perfect in the Damnation (not too heavy cause I'm not into it, but quite balanced and fitting), but in the Paradise it slightly broke the immersion in the game. Maybe this was intentional and I didn't get it, I don't know :)

Of course this is a personal opinion and I'm known to be quite the strange person, so no it doesn't shock me that in your poll the Paradise won by far over the Damnation eheh.
By the way, in my free time I'm also a game dev (never done a tease or erotic one, but who knows, maybe something is in the work?), and I know that shortcuts are helpful especially if you are doing everything alone. Add tons of variety is really time consuming, not just for the implementation per se, but especially for what comes after with testing, debugging, retesting, making sure you reviewed every single possible path, etc. So no real complain over there, I just though a little bit more variance in specific point would have been beneficial also given the questions in your poll (I inferred that you wanted to try that in the future so let it be an encouragement in trying a little bit!).

Thanks again, and definitely keep up the good work!
Developer of
Support the game on Patreon and get Early Access to the latest version of The Lust Society.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Lirven wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:24 pm
Shattered wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Thank you!

----

Well, I've always been a "completioner" type of gamer that has to do everything as soon as possible, so yea hard for me to skip something if, overall, I like the game I'm playing and in this case, just to be clearer, I liked it and was overall positive! :)
As far as the inconsistency in the XO character. It was more of a feeling really, at the beginning she tells you that death is the best thing that could happen, she seems to promote it quite easily and to be showing lots of respect for the player.
From time to time she also seems to be getting horny and out of control, and that is not what I found inconsistent. Actually it was perfectly fitting.
In two or three instances though, and honestly I cannot pinpoint them without replaying it a third time, she slightly goes into the humiliating area, which I found a bit weird and out of place. Perfect in the Damnation (not too heavy cause I'm not into it, but quite balanced and fitting), but in the Paradise it slightly broke the immersion in the game. Maybe this was intentional and I didn't get it, I don't know :)

Of course this is a personal opinion and I'm known to be quite the strange person, so no it doesn't shock me that in your poll the Paradise won by far over the Damnation eheh.
By the way, in my free time I'm also a game dev (never done a tease or erotic one, but who knows, maybe something is in the work?), and I know that shortcuts are helpful especially if you are doing everything alone. Add tons of variety is really time consuming, not just for the implementation per se, but especially for what comes after with testing, debugging, retesting, making sure you reviewed every single possible path, etc. So no real complain over there, I just though a little bit more variance in specific point would have been beneficial also given the questions in your poll (I inferred that you wanted to try that in the future so let it be an encouragement in trying a little bit!).

Thanks again, and definitely keep up the good work!
Just out of curiosity, which Paradise ending did you get, and did you see both of them? :innocent:

And I've aspirations towards doing that, many many ideas, but Eos programming is hard enough and the GUI is quite good for it ^^ Any specific point your thinking of? The tease is more edge-focused than my others, but I did want to keep it that way for my first Eos and since it's just a single session :)
Lirven
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lirven »

Shattered wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 pm
Shattered wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:07 pm [...]

Just out of curiosity, which Paradise ending did you get, and did you see both of them? :innocent:

And I've aspirations towards doing that, many many ideas, but Eos programming is hard enough and the GUI is quite good for it ^^ Any specific point your thinking of? The tease is more edge-focused than my others, but I did want to keep it that way for my first Eos and since it's just a single session :)
I'm pretty sure I didn't see all the endings.
That's how I played: Damnation (low virtue) - Restart & Wait - Damnation no soul (high virtue) - Paradise no soul (high virtue)
So I think I'm missing at least 2 endings.

As far as "any specific point".
(time consuming)I was thinking some slightly different challenges, maybe one judgement, when you are going through without a soul. A plausible excuse (just and example) could have been the fact that they weren't sensing any real improvement/power.
(less time consuming) Another idea, adding some kind of retort or combo-tease when they were figuring out you didn't have a soul. Cause XO simply says "you're denied" and then you can cum short after that.
Developer of
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Lirven wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 am
Shattered wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 pm
I'm pretty sure I didn't see all the endings.
That's how I played: Damnation (low virtue) - Restart & Wait - Damnation no soul (high virtue) - Paradise no soul (high virtue)
So I think I'm missing at least 2 endings.

As far as "any specific point".
(time consuming)I was thinking some slightly different challenges, maybe one judgement, when you are going through without a soul. A plausible excuse (just and example) could have been the fact that they weren't sensing any real improvement/power.
(less time consuming) Another idea, adding some kind of retort or combo-tease when they were figuring out you didn't have a soul. Cause XO simply says "you're denied" and then you can cum short after that.
Ok yes one ending may help you make sense of it. And I'm fine to leave stuff in that kints at it :)
Oh you mean in the repeat performance? the first idea would actually take less time, is worth considering. The latter I did try to add some stuff but I already expect >1% of people to see the Vestria stuff so I can't put /too/ much time into it compared ot working on my next project, y'know? (I haven't started that yet...but I need a break between so either way it'll get started sooner!)
BallsBAM
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BallsBAM »

Oh only today I realized that if I answered the first questions differently I changed the OMG tease that show
Zamak
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Zamak »

Thank you. Great tease, as usual ;-)
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

BallsBAM wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:54 pm Oh only today I realized that if I answered the first questions differently I changed the OMG tease that show
Sorry...how do you mean? :P
Zamak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 pm Thank you. Great tease, as usual ;-)

I try :D
Aquavarice
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Aquavarice »

Wow, Shattered...
I was all ready to jack off today, and then I got the S1 ending
Thanks for ruining my plans! Lol
I also made it through Carla with the D1 ending and Xo with the P4? ending, and I want to say that I enjoyed the torture on D1 even if it hurt a lot. Guess I'm a sucker for pain.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Aquavarice wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:26 am Wow, Shattered...
I was all ready to jack off today, and then I got the S1 ending
Thanks for ruining my plans! Lol
I also made it through Carla with the D1 ending and Xo with the P4? ending, and I want to say that I enjoyed the torture on D1 even if it hurt a lot. Guess I'm a sucker for pain.
Always happy to help here ;)
FrozenWolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): None
Sub/Slave(s): None

Post by FrozenWolf »

Thank you once again for putting in a lot of time and effort into a great tease. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sorry these thoughts are so late, but I can't always find the time, especially for such complex teases that support more than one play-through.

I did make more notes than those below, but after doing that many edges I've got a page of completely illegible scrawled writing that I can't make head nor tail of. :smile:

Non-spoiler thoughts:

Edge buttons
Some others have already noted this, but I'll mention it again anyway...
There were a few times where the dialogue ended with something like, "Edge for me." but the "Edge" button didn't appear until the message was clicked away; maybe for those occasions where the dialogue is shortish, the button could appear immediately without having to click away the message.
For examples:
[*] 'zpara21' - needs a click before the button shows
[*] 'zpara15' - button shown automatically after a short delay
[*] 'zpara16' - button is shown immediately

XO/Xo
Sometimes she's referred to as "XO" and sometimes as "Xo".

Possible spoiler thoughts:
It was nice to see Yue again, and I'm glad I got her name right!

Vestria
I liked the occasional interjection from Vestria, although I'd have liked her to be more involved, perhaps a bit like you did with Yue and Pearl. The second time through with XO/Carla could become a whole new challenge. I very much liked the "Lets just go ahead and make her think an hour has passed" interjection though, effectively allowing me to traverse a different path.

Page 'zpara19'
She says: "A woman masturbates to an orgasm, alone, uninstructed, for no purpose other than to fuel his own pleasure."
Should be "...*her* own pleasure."

Page 'zpara26'
She says: "I'm not loosing my cool honest"
Should be: "*losing* my cool honest"
The message also only appears for a very short amount of time, although I accept that might be intentional.

Page 'zpara27'
She says: "Now where did I put that damn script"
But blink and you'll miss the message as the page changes and the message is removed.

Page 'zpara28'
She says: "Aw, you don't think so? Maybe you haven't tried it before? Welll...Tough! You lose a bit of soul with every drop, and we can't afford to let it go to waste. So make sure you eat it all up!"
There's a blank message after this one.

Page 'zpara40'
Choose option: "Hold it for 2 minutes"
Select button: "On the Edge"
She says: "Well...enjoy that edge! It'll only feel like an eternity, more or less!"
I didn't spot that I had to click to continue and start the timer, and ended up holding an edge for about four minutes instead of two. I didn't know I could do that! :-D
She says: "Stay determined!"
Only when you click again...
She says: "And stop stroking..."

Cumming
When there's a real opportunity to cum, I rather like the way that TeaseAI/House of Tease do it, and I think EOS could be good for this too. They effectively say "Get on the edge and be ready to hold it", then you type 'edge' and there's an automatic countdown (with occasional taunts), ending with "Cum for me now!" or something similar. For me, that's always the most explosive of endings, but of course that's my taste.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

FrozenWolf wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:52 pm Thank you once again for putting in a lot of time and effort into a great tease. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sorry these thoughts are so late, but I can't always find the time, especially for such complex teases that support more than one play-through.

It's never too late, I'd rather people be still playing.

I did make more notes than those below, but after doing that many edges I've got a page of completely illegible scrawled writing that I can't make head nor tail of. :smile:

:lol: You're telling me, I've done the same as I'm testing my own teases...but if I wrote something down I know theres a bug so it has to be deciphered :P

Non-spoiler thoughts:

Edge buttons
Some others have already noted this, but I'll mention it again anyway...
There were a few times where the dialogue ended with something like, "Edge for me." but the "Edge" button didn't appear until the message was clicked away; maybe for those occasions where the dialogue is shortish, the button could appear immediately without having to click away the message.
For examples:
[*] 'zpara21' - needs a click before the button shows
[*] 'zpara15' - button shown automatically after a short delay
[*] 'zpara16' - button is shown immediately

I did intend for it to be immediate here most of the time. It doesn't always default to it, but it does in other situations...some of it is just knowing the ropes, some is its hard to spot everything :P I fixed 21 and 15 at least.

XO/Xo
Sometimes she's referred to as "XO" and sometimes as "Xo".
Yeah...I'm scared to do a mass edit on this, since just two characters could be used elsewhere and mess something up so I'll have to leave it be.
Possible spoiler thoughts:
It was nice to see Yue again, and I'm glad I got her name right!

Haha, I /LOVE/ that Eos lets me make that an open opened question rather than just 10 boxes. Lets just say I have grand plans I hinted at there 8-)

Vestria
I liked the occasional interjection from Vestria, although I'd have liked her to be more involved, perhaps a bit like you did with Yue and Pearl. The second time through with XO/Carla could become a whole new challenge. I very much liked the "Lets just go ahead and make her think an hour has passed" interjection though, effectively allowing me to traverse a different path.

Yeah, I'd love to do more like this (It's my next Patreon Goal in fact :whistle: ). And like, I considered myself a little crazy in making this tease... Paradise or Damnation alone would have been a respectable tease in their own right! So I made them both, then A secret ending, THEN Vestria on top...and at each of those hurdles less and less people will play. I want to offer some reward for people who DO play since they obviously appreciate my teases the most. But equally the fact that Vestria exists at all, she has a half dozen comments, alternate endings and a secret ending...I'm not sure if what, 10 people will see that maybe? I might be undershooting...but I can only justify spending so much time on those things compared to, yknow, the main tease or the next one :lol: But when I come up with cute stuff like the time skip I do want to add it. So I'll always try and do this stuff where its appropriate, but...well I've rambled a bit there. I always want to add as much of the as possible but I had to stop at some point XD

Also on this...Another reason is the lost soul always started at the beginning of the tease, but my initial idea was that they just asked for your soul and you could give it up, thinking why not. Then if you made that tiny decision at the start, you guaranteed yourself the denial ending due to not having a soul. I decided about 2/3rds of the way into Damnation to make the lost soul into Vestria and have them beanother after tease bonus - I had added some snippets to Paradise, and this way seemed much more impactful, made more sense etc...so I shifted some pages around and made that work. Maybe given I had the idea sooner I'd have slipped more in!

Page 'zpara19'
She says: "A woman masturbates to an orgasm, alone, uninstructed, for no purpose other than to fuel his own pleasure."
Should be "...*her* own pleasure."

Damn, you found Xos secret... AHEM fixed

Page 'zpara26'
She says: "I'm not loosing my cool honest"
Should be: "*losing* my cool honest"
The message also only appears for a very short amount of time, although I accept that might be intentional.

Yeah, she's losing more than just her cool there! I'll leave it

Page 'zpara27'
She says: "Now where did I put that damn script"
But blink and you'll miss the message as the page changes and the message is removed.

Just about one of the only things I miss from Flash is font sizes, it made those little snippets more obvious. I didn't want you to necessarily read that all, it's my impression of her mumbling under her breath almost - maybe you catch it, maybe you don't :-P But I amended the line before so it makes sense if you miss it

Page 'zpara28'
She says: "Aw, you don't think so? Maybe you haven't tried it before? Welll...Tough! You lose a bit of soul with every drop, and we can't afford to let it go to waste. So make sure you eat it all up!"
There's a blank message after this one.

There are a few of these. Theres a glitch I couldn't quite figure out where if you had a choice then an image change, it would crash the page. My 'work around' for this was to have a 'say' command with no text that progressed instantly. Now that I know this I'll consider just making new pages in the future as this solves this cleaner, but that isn't always appropriate. And when I really want an image change... This was a workaround I hopefully can not use in the future but might pop up.

Page 'zpara40'
Choose option: "Hold it for 2 minutes"
Select button: "On the Edge"
She says: "Well...enjoy that edge! It'll only feel like an eternity, more or less!"
I didn't spot that I had to click to continue and start the timer, and ended up holding an edge for about four minutes instead of two. I didn't know I could do that! :-D
She says: "Stay determined!"
Only when you click again...
She says: "And stop stroking..."

Four minutes! Somebody needs to play either Chastity 5 or Teased by Sin to try and top that :innocent:

(Good job on beating your record tho, I've fixed it and moved the other timer)

Cumming
When there's a real opportunity to cum, I rather like the way that TeaseAI/House of Tease do it, and I think EOS could be good for this too. They effectively say "Get on the edge and be ready to hold it", then you type 'edge' and there's an automatic countdown (with occasional taunts), ending with "Cum for me now!" or something similar. For me, that's always the most explosive of endings, but of course that's my taste.

Eos does give a wider range of ways to make those final moments count, I'll certainly put my mind to it for the future :w00t: I may already have all the orgasms for my next tease planned out, but the method will be interesting...

Thanks for the feedback, I've replied above!