Before Eternity - Feedback Thread

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Zamak
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Before Eternity - Feedback Thread

Post by Zamak »

Shattered wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 pm Yeah...I'm scared to do a mass edit on this, since just two characters could be used elsewhere and mess something up so I'll have to leave it be.
Maybe you can backup the tease, use Notepad++ and make a replace all then re-upload the tease.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Zamak wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:42 pm
Shattered wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 pm Yeah...I'm scared to do a mass edit on this, since just two characters could be used elsewhere and mess something up so I'll have to leave it be.
Maybe you can backup the tease, use Notepad++ and make a replace all then re-upload the tease.
Yeah, this is what I normally do. Its why I call my pages zpara or zzdamn instead of just damn or para (after the start) - so if I need to mass edit or whatever, I can easily single out uses of zpara rather than para - because that would amend the word paradise as well.

Xo vs XO isn't terribly common, but its common enough that it might just pop up somewhere unintended and break something, yknow?
Zamak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Zamak »

Shattered wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:44 pm
Yeah, this is what I normally do. Its why I call my pages zpara or zzdamn instead of just damn or para (after the start) - so if I need to mass edit or whatever, I can easily single out uses of zpara rather than para - because that would amend the word paradise as well.

Xo vs XO isn't terribly common, but its common enough that it might just pop up somewhere unintended and break something, yknow?
I would replace "XO " bye "Xo ", But Yeah, I understand that there is a small risk ;-)
dousque
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dousque »

As always: hours of fun and I'm not even through yet. I am a bit confused though about the password thing.
Spoiler: show
Are they part of the game? they pop up after I failed in damnation zzdamn and a number, but all I get is "no such password exists dummy".
Maybe you already explained it somewhere in this thread, but I didn't see it. Thanks for your work!
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Zamak wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:48 pm
Shattered wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:44 pm

I would replace "XO " bye "Xo ", But Yeah, I understand that there is a small risk ;-)
Yeah...safer just to leave for now.
dousque wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:18 pm As always: hours of fun and I'm not even through yet. I am a bit confused though about the password thing.
Are they part of the game? they pop up after I failed in damnation zzdamn and a number, but all I get is "no such password exists dummy".
Maybe you already explained it somewhere in this thread, but I didn't see it. Thanks for your work!
A few people have been confused so I should have chose a better word. There arent really any passwords throughout the tease, its jsut where I hide my admin tools that requires a password and a page number skip. I did forget to say that for Damnation now tho so ive amended it, thanks! Use the password 'pageno' first.
dousque
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dousque »

Cool, thanks!
FrozenWolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): None
Sub/Slave(s): None

Post by FrozenWolf »

Shattered wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 pm Four minutes! Somebody needs to play either Chastity 5 or Teased by Sin to try and top that :innocent:

(Good job on beating your record tho, I've fixed it and moved the other timer)
Finally had a bit of time to myself and had a 'bash' at Teased by Sin ... gluttony ... wow, that edging hold lasts for an eternity! I managed it somehow and obviously smashed my own personal record :w00t: ... but still a bit shaky at the moment. Absolutely fantastic. :-D

Greatest of respect to those that can survive edge holding for that long without breaking a sweat, and especially to the authors who likely have to test their own creations multiple times over. Maybe I just need more practice, although I only get a chance to dip in every few weeks. I'll line up Chastity 5 for my next endeavour, probably in a few weeks time. Thanks for the recommendations!
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

FrozenWolf wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:54 pm
Shattered wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:26 pm Four minutes! Somebody needs to play either Chastity 5 or Teased by Sin to try and top that :innocent:

(Good job on beating your record tho, I've fixed it and moved the other timer)
Finally had a bit of time to myself and had a 'bash' at Teased by Sin ... gluttony ... wow, that edging hold lasts for an eternity! I managed it somehow and obviously smashed my own personal record :w00t: ... but still a bit shaky at the moment. Absolutely fantastic. :-D

Greatest of respect to those that can survive edge holding for that long without breaking a sweat, and especially to the authors who likely have to test their own creations multiple times over. Maybe I just need more practice, although I only get a chance to dip in every few weeks. I'll line up Chastity 5 for my next endeavour, probably in a few weeks time. Thanks for the recommendations!
Hehe, you may be surprised about C5 in that case :lol:
nvx
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by nvx »

I'm getting a strange inconsistent error where It seems to not take the correct input. For example, at the start I may type something random and it will take it as if it was an expected input. Then when it asks for name and I input it it will then say "Hi undefined" or have my name as false.
When asking for penis size I will input a number over and over and it will keep saying input a number not a word and then eventually it will accept it.
I've spent a decent chunk of time trying to find consistencies as to when it starts breaking but it happens on multiple devices and multiple different browsers. Looking forward to playing when this issue is figured out though!
Virgin_Audios
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Virgin_Audios »

Can confirm the above issue with the tease seeming to not recognise the text inputs. When entering name i also just got called 'undefined' and got stuff when it wouldnt accept an entry for
penis size
. Also look forward to playing it!
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Virgin_Audios wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:04 pm Can confirm the above issue with the tease seeming to not recognise the text inputs. When entering name i also just got called 'undefined' and got stuff when it wouldnt accept an entry for
penis size
. Also look forward to playing it!
nvx wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 am I'm getting a strange inconsistent error where It seems to not take the correct input. For example, at the start I may type something random and it will take it as if it was an expected input. Then when it asks for name and I input it it will then say "Hi undefined" or have my name as false.
When asking for penis size I will input a number over and over and it will keep saying input a number not a word and then eventually it will accept it.
I've spent a decent chunk of time trying to find consistencies as to when it starts breaking but it happens on multiple devices and multiple different browsers. Looking forward to playing when this issue is figured out though!

I know Eos has been playing up recently, wondering if its to do with that...anyone experience this in game before September??
Virgin_Audios
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Virgin_Audios »

I know Eos has been playing up recently, wondering if its to do with that...anyone experience this in game before September??
I had taken a look at the tease before september (going past name entry) and had not experienced this issue, so it is probably EOS acting up.
FrozenWolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FrozenWolf »

Shattered wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:04 am I know Eos has been playing up recently, wondering if its to do with that...anyone experience this in game before September??
I didn't experience these problems myself when playing the tease before September. Perhaps Eos has been updated?
FrozenWolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FrozenWolf »

FrozenWolf wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Shattered wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:04 am I know Eos has been playing up recently, wondering if its to do with that...anyone experience this in game before September??
I didn't experience these problems myself when playing the tease before September. Perhaps Eos has been updated?
I've just tried it again and can confirm that something's not right. After entering my name I'm greeted with:

undefined it is! Nice to meet you on this side, undefined. You can call me Xo. Or Stella, but I do prefer the former. You can think of me as an angel.

That's when I'm logged in. Is the name stored as a persistent variable? Perhaps there's something wrong with the Eos storage.
FrozenWolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FrozenWolf »

FrozenWolf wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:11 pm
FrozenWolf wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:58 pm
I've just tried it again and can confirm that something's not right. After entering my name I'm greeted with:

undefined it is! Nice to meet you on this side, undefined. You can call me Xo. Or Stella, but I do prefer the former. You can think of me as an angel.

That's when I'm logged in. Is the name stored as a persistent variable? Perhaps there's something wrong with the Eos storage.
Just tried a different tease: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=39563 that also uses user input.

This one seems to work OK:

How can we call you?

> Test1234

Okay Test1234, you will not be allowed to touch yourself during this tease.

This is the script (fragment) used in that tease:

Code: Select all

{
		"say": {
			"label": "<p>How can we call you?</p>"
		}
	},
	{
		"prompt": {
			"variable": "name"
		}
	},
	{
		"eval": {
			"script": "name = (name === \"null\" ? \"Slut\" : name);"
		}
	},
	{
		"say": {
			"label": "<p>Okay <eval>name</eval>, you will not be allowed to touch yourself during this tease.</p>"
		}
	}
That script isn't entirely different from what I can see in Before Eternity where the userName is read, although there is more (a lot more!) complexity in the Before Eternity script, it should fundamentally do the same thing as far as I can tell. The only thing that's noticeably different is that Before Eternity calls "teaseStorage.setItem(name, userName)". Perhaps that's corrupting userName somehow?

Not sure if that's any help to you Shattered, but I thought I'd have a look anyway.