The Protectors Feedback

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Batman314
Explorer
Explorer

Re: The Protectors Feedback

Post by Batman314 »

RemiHiyama!

That's a great workaround! Thanks for the tip.

-Batman
Batman314
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Batman314 »

Hi All!

Version 0.4 has been published!

I hope you enjoy the Vibration Section!

-Batman
fluxcoder93
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by fluxcoder93 »

Batman314 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:54 pm A trophy room is a great idea, but I think it should remember your trophies when you come back to the tease. This would be really time consuming to do; and I can't think of a way to do it efficiently. Mostly because Eos, at least from my tinkering with it, does not allow you to use arrays in TeaseStorage. So I would have to make separate variables for each succubus. :-/
RemiHiyama wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:03 pm Use a function that packs and unpacks arrays into strings? Javascript (unlike Ruby) doesn't seem to have anything builtin to do that, and I don't know if turning things into JSON is available inside the sandbox, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to find a function that would do what you need.

So JS likes to use JSON more than arrays. There is the array.toString() which can be used, but it has very few use cases.
I have zero clue about EOS, but I am a JS dev :-D Keep that in mind when reading the following :lol:

The trophy list could be simply an JSON object like this:
{ trophy: ['trophy1', 'trophy2', 'trophy3'] }

Using JSON.parse() and JSON.stringify() you can read and write it.
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

const trophies = JSON.parse('{ trophyList: [trophy1, trophy2, trophy3] }'); console.log(trophies.trophyList)
will output

[trophy1, trophy2, trophy3]
Then you can add a trophy

trophies.trophyList.push('trophy4')
and convert back to string

const save = JSON.stringify(trophies)
This is really crude and I didnt properly check the code, but it should work (with minor adjustments).

Also personally I would not choose to use an array to keep track of the trophies, but would fully use an object
Spoiler: show

const trophies = { 
    trophy1: {
        img: "url",
        achieved: true,
        title: "Butt slut",
        description: "You have protected the village from 200 succumbi"
    },
    trophy2: {...}
}
This can be very easy to use:

JSON.parse(trophiesSave) //I have no clue how the loading of the saves works, but parsing the JSON is buildin 
trophies.trophy1.achieved //true
trophies.trophy1.img // "url" 

trophies.filter(trophy => trophy.achieved) // only returns the trophies that have been achieved

trophies.trophy3.achieved = true // achieved trophy3
EOS.save(JSON.stringify(trophies)) //No clue how saving actually works, never looked into the API

As you can see the maintenance and controlling of new trophies. To be fair you can use a lot of this for different parts of the tease too.

Be aware that I haven't actually ran any of this code and it might need some minor adjustments, the concept should be clear though. Also I might be able to answer some more questions, but im not too active here (and first post)

Also I love the tease :love: thanks for making it as it is defnitely one of the best I have tried here!
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by RemiHiyama »

fluxcoder93 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:52 amBe aware that I haven't actually ran any of this code and it might need some minor adjustments, the concept should be clear though. Also I might be able to answer some more questions, but im not too active here (and first post)
The concept looks like it would probably work, but I don't think trying to save a complex object like that to persistent storage is a good idea. Since most of the information is nominally immutable, it's wasting a lot of space (and if I'm reading the EOS code right, space is fairly limited), and it makes fixing errors awkward.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
fluxcoder93
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by fluxcoder93 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:30 pm
fluxcoder93 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:52 amBe aware that I haven't actually ran any of this code and it might need some minor adjustments, the concept should be clear though. Also I might be able to answer some more questions, but im not too active here (and first post)
The concept looks like it would probably work, but I don't think trying to save a complex object like that to persistent storage is a good idea. Since most of the information is nominally immutable, it's wasting a lot of space (and if I'm reading the EOS code right, space is fairly limited), and it makes fixing errors awkward.
Fair enough, thats why I provided 2 options. In that sense the only thing that needs to be saved is the reference (which can be an array) to the trophy. IMO you would still need to have a "complex" data structure to properly manage all available trophies inside of the actual tease.

I will look into the EOS code whenever I have some time, might be interesting for future reference
sparkyjo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sparkyjo »

Thanks for adding vibration area just need the boss for it now. The first boss is great and is pitched just about right but she does spring up after feeding a succubus and I wasn't ready for her but couldn't back out so i was glad i could revisit her later.
also it does get hard to find succubi you haven't already fed when there is only a few unfed ones left. also it was telling me I had already fed ones I hadn't.
Keep up the good work :)
SlipperyStair
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SlipperyStair »

One thought: Is it possible to show the futa-form of the succubus once the tease has ended? (As if they return to their true form releasing the hold of the "anal realm".) :smile:
Boostedmana1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Boostedmana1 »

Hello!
I have to say I'm huge fan of your tease!
Its THE best tease that I have ever played!

there is IMO not any feedback to give but more suggestions of contact that I would love to see.

1.) Videos? don't know if this is possible haven't seen any other EOS with videos.
but it would be awesome if there were videos to go along with some succubi.
2.) I know this is a Anal EOS but I would love to see some additional sectional none anal sections like
Spanking, nipple clamps, flogging, ice ans so forth.
3.) once again I know this is a anal tease but it would also be cool if you could maybe a Fleshlight section or Dildo sections.
Complete with denials?

those are just my 3 suggestions I have a billion more if you would like them. :) :)
once again this is an awsome tease the best on Milovana! great job!
SilverSlut
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by SilverSlut »

Hey there! I'm really enjoying this tease. I just got to the boss, and that was a tough one.

Just wanted to pop in and say this is great. Thanks for the awesome work, and I look forward to the next update!
Soddasol
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Soddasol »

When will the next update come?
SlipperyStair
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SlipperyStair »

Or, what will the next update be? Might need to purchase some equipment depending on if its inflation or length! lol
lion008
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by lion008 »

Will the lenght have the mention on each succubus of how long the toy needs to be? Also, I made an account just for this webtease, great job making this! :love:
SlipperyStair
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SlipperyStair »

This tease won't seem to load. Anyone else experiencing this? (approx 3:40 pm 9/16/19 EST)
Batman314
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Batman314 »

I'm working on it now, but I havent published any changes. So its interesting that it stopped working. It is working fine in the editor preview
Batman314
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Batman314 »

Fixed it. Just had to re-publish. No new content, but you can expect some probably this week.