Random Snakes and Ladder Feedback

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Random Snakes and Ladder Feedback

Post by Roundhound »

I decided to take advantage of EOS and made my first tease; a snakes and ladder style tease that is highly random and highly customizable. This tease is definitely technical compared to story driven.

You can change the weights of 6 different instructions, how many of each instruction you do per slide, as well as how long the game is and how often you hit snakes and ladders.

Link: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=40620

Please leave any feedback here. I am contemplating spending more time on hunting images so that you can also customize what image types are displayed.

If anyone would like to see how I made the tease just ask. I am fine with sharing the code. You can rip anything out of it and use it as your own. I only ask that you don't take it, make small changes, and repost it as your own.

EDIT: A metronome has been added. It can be disabled as a whole or individually for each stroke type. Speeds are stuck at only 60, 120, 180, 240 BPM. This is due to technical limitations with EOS. I have to preload the sound files and even just 8 was making load time be over 10 seconds.

Here is a link to the backup json: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vEf_3 ... 3IInC9FpJu
Last edited by Roundhound on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
iluvcbt
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Random Snakes and Ladder Feedback

Post by iluvcbt »

I Can't get it to start. It just stays on the Loading Modules screen.
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

iluvcbt wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:35 am I Can't get it to start. It just stays on the Loading Modules screen.
I wonder if that is because I have a lot of images, about 300. How long did you wait?

Also, could you right click on the screen and hit inspect? From there go to the console tab in the window/sidebar that appears. Is there any red text in there?
chual99
Explorer
Explorer

Post by chual99 »

Also stuck on loading screen. Inspecting reveals the following error codes:

eos.outer.js?19:35 Received message from unknown source, ignoring
(anonymous) @ eos.outer.js?19:35
index.js:4416 loaded module: storage
index.js:4416 script error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'totalPages' of undefined
at Interpreter.unwind (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.throwException (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.getProperty (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.stepMemberExpression (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.step (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.run (interpreter.min.js:1)
at t.value (VirtualMachine.js:28)
at EosHost.js:68
at _ (runtime.js:63)
at Generator._invoke (runtime.js:282)
at Generator.e.(eosscript.com/anonymous function) [as next] (https://eosscript.com/static/js/6.64269 ... s:1:354794)
at r (asyncToGenerator.js:3)
at s (asyncToGenerator.js:25)
(anonymous) @ index.js:4416
wb9k
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wb9k »

I get console error:
index.js:4416 script error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'totalPages' of undefined
at Interpreter.unwind (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.throwException (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.getProperty (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.stepMemberExpression (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.step (interpreter.min.js:1)
at Interpreter.run (interpreter.min.js:1)
at t.value (VirtualMachine.js:28)
at EosHost.js:68
at _ (runtime.js:63)
at Generator._invoke (runtime.js:282)
at Generator.e.(eosscript.com/anonymous function) [as next] (https://eosscript.com/static/js/6.64269 ... s:1:354794)
at r (asyncToGenerator.js:3)
at s (asyncToGenerator.js:25)
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

Thank you wb9k and chaul99. I think I have just republish the tease with a fix. If you could reload the page with CTRL + F5 that would be great.

I wasn't able to repoduce it in the EOS editor in Chrome but that is probably because I have my config object that property is on already created.

I did just load the newly published tease successfully in Microsoft Edge which I haven't used in about 4 years.
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tckt78 »

Did a play thru, and it worked fine on Firefox. If anything, I wish it had a beat meter to set the speed of the strokes (tho some of those 100+ stroking slides would be too much at a high speed...or low speed). Good tease all around with the random pictures too.
thongs911
Explorer
Explorer

Post by thongs911 »

I played through, and thought it was really good and replayable.

I do wish it had a metronome, but I don't know how you would accomplish that with the random number of strokes.
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

I can look into adding a metronome. Of course it will also be configurable. It will most likely just play in the background of the page until you are done instead of putting it on a timer. I didn't add one initially because I tend to enjoy stroking at my own speed and let edging itself bring me close to ruin.
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

A metronome has been added. It can be disabled as a whole or individually for each stroke type. Speeds are stuck at only 60, 120, 180, 240 BPM. This is due to technical limitations with EOS. I have to preload the sound files and even just 8 was making load time be over 10 seconds.
Helequin
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Helequin »

I took a look and while I didn't stroke along I played with a few rounds just to see how it all worked. In general random stroking to random images doesn't usually capture my attention, but I can at least comment on the mechanics of it.

Overall, the customization and workings seem really well done and the images were very sexy. For me personally a built-in metronome is more hassle than it's worth given the limitations (an online one or Open Metronome is just easier to work with and can be turned on and off freely), but it's a good feature to have and quite a popular one at that.

If I can nitpick any small details it would be that sometimes having click to roll and then click again to change to the next space can get tedious. I'm not sure EOS gives any better method to deal with this though, so it's just an observation.

Also, for some reason after an edge hold the text doesn't auto scroll down for me. I have to scroll down manually to see the buttons.

Last thought if you wanted to add some variety to the outcomes would be to add some randomized punishments for cumming early. I understand how hard these can be to make suitable for all players though.

So that's it. Overall, really good work and if I get some down time from forum games I'll have to give this one a few proper tries!
Playing Help Me Cum Please!
Choosing a Goddess - a set for anyone to play
The 1000th Reply Celebration Challenge and it's Finale - an ongoing challenge to try
Co-author of Kyla's Party - webtease based on Help me Cum Please.

Miss Elyna's Cum Challenge Winner
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

Helequin wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:06 am I took a look and while I didn't stroke along I played with a few rounds just to see how it all worked. In general random stroking to random images doesn't usually capture my attention, but I can at least comment on the mechanics of it.

Overall, the customization and workings seem really well done and the images were very sexy. For me personally a built-in metronome is more hassle than it's worth given the limitations (an online one or Open Metronome is just easier to work with and can be turned on and off freely), but it's a good feature to have and quite a popular one at that.

If I can nitpick any small details it would be that sometimes having click to roll and then click again to change to the next space can get tedious. I'm not sure EOS gives any better method to deal with this though, so it's just an observation.

Also, for some reason after an edge hold the text doesn't auto scroll down for me. I have to scroll down manually to see the buttons.

Last thought if you wanted to add some variety to the outcomes would be to add some randomized punishments for cumming early. I understand how hard these can be to make suitable for all players though.

So that's it. Overall, really good work and if I get some down time from forum games I'll have to give this one a few proper tries!
Thank you for the feedback. I agree with you that a tease such as this isn't really my thing (even though I made it), I really enjoy a story. Overall this was definitely more of a technical tease than anything else. I haven't had much to do at work recently and just really wanted to program something.

I have managed to fix both of those issues with the edge hold not scrolling and the "Done - Roll" result text now continues after 1.25 seconds or the user can click again.

Some more endings could be fun but I partly would want users to be able to modify it and those configuration pages are starting to become a maze as it is. Also I have been doing a lot in the init script and that is also become a monster. It's at around 320 lines of code now.
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tckt78 »

Roundhound wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:39 pm A metronome has been added. It can be disabled as a whole or individually for each stroke type. Speeds are stuck at only 60, 120, 180, 240 BPM. This is due to technical limitations with EOS. I have to preload the sound files and even just 8 was making load time be over 10 seconds.
Thanks on the metronome. It does help, and I like the randomness of the stroke speed. I wish it was timed with the number of strokes, but I think this is getting into the limitation of EOS that you were mentioning. Also, if you cum early/ruin, the last stroke speed stays on, even until the end (probably could turn it off on that button).

As an aside, I've only seen the smallest margin of loading issues with this tease, and nothing approximating 10 total seconds. I have pretty good bandwidth, so I'm thinking it's not quite as over the top as what you're experiencing. Good excuse to upgrade your bandwidth too.
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Bandit224 »

For the metronome, you could simply use timer delay code and a single metronome beat, instead of preloaded sound files, but I have no clue if EOS supports a built-in delay for anything other than page turns. Either way, 60, 120, 180, 240 are pretty standard beats in Milovana teases (1 stroke per second, etc).
FireBat9752
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by FireBat9752 »

I have noticed there isn't a way to change the edge hold times them selves from 10 min and 30 max secs? Is that a bug of the button not showing? If not could you please add it?