Overwatch Snakes & Ladders EOS Feedback

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
wb9k
Explorer
Explorer

Overwatch Snakes & Ladders EOS Feedback

Post by wb9k »

I published my first tease last night. A remake of dude13's Overwatch Snakes & Ladders tease in EOS.

I have gotten a few private messages with bugs related to edges and snakes sending the page number negative and not loading a new page, but I think I have those issues resolved.

I kinda went overboard with the coding on it because I wanted to learn as much of the EOS editor as I could and it's limitations(I'm also a software engineer and never half ass anything). I created a system that keeps track of Strokes, Edges, Snakes hit, Ladders used, times played, and times cummed. I added 30 achievements to the tracking that give a bit of replay-ability if that's the sort of thing you are into.

The achievements are:
Play the tease 1 time
Play the tease 5 times
Play the tease 10 times
Do 1,000 strokes in a single tease
Do 5,000 strokes in a single tease
Do 10,000 strokes in a single tease
Do 10,000 strokes
Do 50,000 strokes
Do 100,000 strokes
Do 1 edge in a single tease
Do 5 edges in a single tease
Do 10 edges in a single tease
Do 10 edges
Do 25 edges
Do 50 edges
Use 5 ladders in a single tease
Use 10 ladders in a single tease
Use 25 ladders in a single tease
Use 25 ladders
Use 50 ladders
Use 100 ladders
Hit 5 Snakes in a single tease
Hit 10 Snakes in a single tease
Hit 25 Snakes in a single tease
Hit 25 Snakes
Hit 50 Snakes
Hit 100 Snakes
Cum 1 time
Cum 3 times
Cum 5 times

I don't have a reward system for hitting the achievements currently but I might go back and make image galleries for people who have completed a certain number of achievements.

I also added a chance to bypass a snake once you hit at least 5,000 strokes in a single tease. At 5,000 strokes, you have a 10% chance of skipping a snake, at 7,500 strokes you have a 25% chance of skipping a snake, and at 10,000 strokes you have a 50% chance of skipping a snake. I added this because sometimes it can be very hard to actually get to the cum pages because the snakes will knock you almost all the way back to the start. I had one play-though where I got to page 98 and then 5 pages later I was on page 4.

Please leave feedback and requests below. Thanks.
wb9k
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Overwatch Snakes & Ladders EOS Feedback

Post by wb9k »

After making this post, I went overboard again and added some more features to it.

There is now a rewards button on the start page that has an image for each achievement lists what the achievement goal is. All of these pictures are of real women dressed in Overwatch themed cosplay including some nude and hardcore photos.

I added a statistics page to the start so you can see your progress for the different achievements without getting to the end of the tease. I also added validation to the reset statistics button so that you can't accidentally click it.

In order to hit some of the more difficult achievements such as get 25 ladders in a single tease, I added an option to the chance to bypass a snake so that you could elect to still take the snake instead of being forced forward in the tease.

Also did a few very minor bug fixes I found will doing these 3 changes.
dangerdick543
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by dangerdick543 »

This is such a great format for the snakes and ladders teases. If I had more of these, I'd probably never play any other tease. I very much hope you do this conversion for some of the other more involved snakes and ladders teases, like the Dark Hentai one.

The only bug to report is that the achievements will cause the game to go to the next page once the "progress" bar on them completes. Not a huge deal, but occasionally causes what would be a killer page to be cut short.
AlltrueSC
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above
Dom/me(s): none
Sub/Slave(s): None

Post by AlltrueSC »

I really like your tease
but I was wondering how random , is it really???
I seem to always hit page 18 after about 6 rolls.. I have only played a few times but I was just wondering
still true to my own self...even with a lot of changes
wb9k
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wb9k »

I'm not really sure if there is a better way to do random, maybe it always has the same seed to the random number generator, but I'm not supplying a seed any where. The entirety of the code on the dice roll page is:

var diceRoll = Math.floor(Math.random() * 6) + 1;
page += diceRoll;
pages.goto('page'+ page);
wb9k
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wb9k »

dangerdick543 wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:10 pm This is such a great format for the snakes and ladders teases. If I had more of these, I'd probably never play any other tease. I very much hope you do this conversion for some of the other more involved snakes and ladders teases, like the Dark Hentai one.

The only bug to report is that the achievements will cause the game to go to the next page once the "progress" bar on them completes. Not a huge deal, but occasionally causes what would be a killer page to be cut short.
Thanks, the html teases of snakes and ladders always bothered me because it was so much work to change pages and navigate the tease. I felt it was a format that really would lend itself to a flash or EOS tease.

That seems like a bug with the EOS tease engine/editor/runtime. I don't have any action on any of the notifications and I don't know how it would know what page it was supposed to go to next, but I'm guessing that when the timer ends it probably is signalling all timers because none of them have identifiers on them. I might try adding names to all of them and seeing if I can reproduce that issue.
thatsprettyhot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by thatsprettyhot »

I'm reporting the same, achievement notification timer for me also ends the page every time, minor issue but anyways. Also page 25 always runs out of metronomesounds about 5 seconds before the timer.

I think this is amazing work. It works really well and it's fun to play and it's so much smoother than manual rolls and page changes. The only thing with this is the base material of the tease it self - I think it's, in general/overall, very slow = not very challenging. I'm not completely familiar with the original overwatch tease, so I can't really tell if a lot of liberties were taken for how much time per each amount of strokes per page, but for me, the bpm's are too low. Of course those few pages that have fast stroke speeds, can turn things around fast but it might be 8 pages in a row with just 1 stroke per second, and that isn't enough to keep me going after a while. In the beginning it's fine to start slow ofc.

This is not in anyway complaining, but contributing to improve a great tease to make it the best it can be. I tried a few days to only play with this one without other kinds of amusement, and still I found that there are too few strokes. I also watched my favorite videos alongside the tease to keep the interest at maximum :D

If you figure out a way to do the same with harder challenging material and stroke speeds, and possibly more surprising things and traps and so on, it's honestly the best thing I imagine can be done with the tools currently at our disposal ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Personally for me, this base image material in this overwatch tease is not the hottest, medium hot at best, but I don't mind that and ofc that's a personal thing too. But I'm just posting these things because with enhanced challenge this is probably the thing that will break me and probably many others daily for ages ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ And those with frustration/denial preferences might find the current challenge just fine, but for me, I'd love a bit more. Maybe I also enjoy the scare/difficulty that you never know when it's breaking you :D I score this tease 90/100, and with added difficulty it would be 97/100, just with those image choices keeping it from perfect score and some added randomization/surprises, it would be the perfect tease 100/100.

Thanks so much for your work and thanks if you bothered to read this. Please keep going and don't be afraid to use content that turns you on personally, or others, not just the choices or a given base tease or collection.

PS. For comparison, I usually spice these kind of teases (if they have no metronome) up by playing on GuideMe, a tease called RandomMetronome (where I've copied my favorite pics to replace the originals) on the side with another screen, and configured that to a pretty crazy bpm's of starting from 190 strokes per minute to 340 strokes per minute (just editing its RandomMetronome.xml for changing the bpm values that it chooses from). I take breaks with a certain pattern and so on but while running that alongside, I let RandomMetronome decide how fast to carry out the strokes in the actual webtease I'm playing. Not saying it would be feasible for anyone to have a good tease experience with those speeds, but that's just something to consider and check how much more fun could be found with more speed. Maybe I just like putting myself in situations where I have to give up or lose :lol: :-| :love:
dangerdick543
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by dangerdick543 »

thatsprettyhot wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:43 pm I think it's, in general/overall, very slow = not very challenging. I'm not completely familiar with the original overwatch tease, so I can't really tell if a lot of liberties were taken for how much time per each amount of strokes per page, but for me, the bpm's are too low. Of course those few pages that have fast stroke speeds, can turn things around fast but it might be 8 pages in a row with just 1 stroke per second, and that isn't enough to keep me going after a while. In the beginning it's fine to start slow ofc.
If the strokes are too slow for you, you could just double the pace on your own. Of course, that would mean that you end up with double the strokes, but you seem like you enjoy a good challenge.
wb9k
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wb9k »

thatsprettyhot wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:43 pm I'm reporting the same, achievement notification timer for me also ends the page every time, minor issue but anyways. Also page 25 always runs out of metronomesounds about 5 seconds before the timer.

I think this is amazing work. It works really well and it's fun to play and it's so much smoother than manual rolls and page changes. The only thing with this is the base material of the tease it self - I think it's, in general/overall, very slow = not very challenging. I'm not completely familiar with the original overwatch tease, so I can't really tell if a lot of liberties were taken for how much time per each amount of strokes per page, but for me, the bpm's are too low. Of course those few pages that have fast stroke speeds, can turn things around fast but it might be 8 pages in a row with just 1 stroke per second, and that isn't enough to keep me going after a while. In the beginning it's fine to start slow ofc.

This is not in anyway complaining, but contributing to improve a great tease to make it the best it can be. I tried a few days to only play with this one without other kinds of amusement, and still I found that there are too few strokes. I also watched my favorite videos alongside the tease to keep the interest at maximum :D

If you figure out a way to do the same with harder challenging material and stroke speeds, and possibly more surprising things and traps and so on, it's honestly the best thing I imagine can be done with the tools currently at our disposal ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Personally for me, this base image material in this overwatch tease is not the hottest, medium hot at best, but I don't mind that and ofc that's a personal thing too. But I'm just posting these things because with enhanced challenge this is probably the thing that will break me and probably many others daily for ages ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ And those with frustration/denial preferences might find the current challenge just fine, but for me, I'd love a bit more. Maybe I also enjoy the scare/difficulty that you never know when it's breaking you :D I score this tease 90/100, and with added difficulty it would be 97/100, just with those image choices keeping it from perfect score and some added randomization/surprises, it would be the perfect tease 100/100.

Thanks so much for your work and thanks if you bothered to read this. Please keep going and don't be afraid to use content that turns you on personally, or others, not just the choices or a given base tease or collection.

PS. For comparison, I usually spice these kind of teases (if they have no metronome) up by playing on GuideMe, a tease called RandomMetronome (where I've copied my favorite pics to replace the originals) on the side with another screen, and configured that to a pretty crazy bpm's of starting from 190 strokes per minute to 340 strokes per minute (just editing its RandomMetronome.xml for changing the bpm values that it chooses from). I take breaks with a certain pattern and so on but while running that alongside, I let RandomMetronome decide how fast to carry out the strokes in the actual webtease I'm playing. Not saying it would be feasible for anyone to have a good tease experience with those speeds, but that's just something to consider and check how much more fun could be found with more speed. Maybe I just like putting myself in situations where I have to give up or lose :lol: :-| :love:
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I wasn't sure how fast to go on the metronomes. I took the stroke counts, pictures, and page movements from the original tease. The metronome speeds where my doing, but I wasn't sure how fast or slow to go. I was often concerned that I was going too fast for the length of the tease. In future teases I might make it so that there is easy, medium, and hard difficulties that change the metronome speed and strokes per page. In future teases I'll probably make it so that each page is a picture set and it will change to the next picture in set every time you hit a page. That way if you hit page 20 several times, page 20 changes a bit each time you go to it.

I'll get page 25 fixed at some point tonight. It looks like I selected the wrong sound file. Before I made the snake or ladder actions into their own pages I couldn't figure out how to stop sounds from playing so I made specific lengths of different speeds to end at the correct number of strokes.

I have an idea on how to fix the achievement issue with the timers. I'm going to make it so that there isn't a timer on the achievements, but it clears all active achievement displays next time you get to the dice roll, snake, or ladder pages.
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kristycookie »

I am excited about a lot of what is going on in this tease, but I agree that 1 stroke per second is a bit too slow once you get past a certain point. Like it's fine to warm up/build anticipation, but once you're past a certain point in the game the speed should be higher... I also would prefer photos to drawings but that's personal preference.

Also personal preference, but I would like a version that has more edging! Like maybe the first x spaces are stroking to 'warm up' and then after that it's mostly edging. Could include things like edging per person in the picture, and sometimes you might hold the edge... maybe there's a trap (or a couple traps) where a girl is insatiable and won't let you leave until you do several edges.

Just some thoughts :whistle:
edgeallthetime
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by edgeallthetime »

Absolutely love this tease...Have played it 10 times or so, and have not got past Page 65 yet. i haven't cum, but have just stopped for a break. i have noticed that having an edge can often be less of a setback than snake, particularly if snake is gonna be using 4 or 6 dice. And edges are fun! Anyway, great work. Hope I make it to the end someday
wb9k
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wb9k »

edgeallthetime wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:55 am Absolutely love this tease...Have played it 10 times or so, and have not got past Page 65 yet. i haven't cum, but have just stopped for a break. i have noticed that having an edge can often be less of a setback than snake, particularly if snake is gonna be using 4 or 6 dice. And edges are fun! Anyway, great work. Hope I make it to the end someday
Yeah I left the Edge button as a 2 dice snake so that if you were trying to get to the end but you kept hitting a snake you could edge to get past it once you knew the page was a snake. I made it so that you wouldn't know a page was a snake until it was too late, so you have to pay attention to be able to use the edge button to get past a snake.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by RemiHiyama »

The "do 1 edge" achievement seems to still have a timer.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
candii
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): nicole

Post by candii »

are the cum pages random or when do they appear?